Gay marriage fight unlikely to disapp...

Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon

There are 344 comments on the Daily Reporter story from May 25, 2014, titled Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon. In it, Daily Reporter reports that:

The most recent battle is being played out inside the Republican Party, as delegates to the party's upcoming convention ponder whether the GOP platform should support defining marriage as being between one man and one woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Reporter.

dawgs

London, KY

#219 Jul 4, 2014
Clergy man wrote:
<quoted text>As you stand before God what will be your justification for your actions against your fellow man.
Just tell the truth. That's pretty much it. It's really all that is expected.
dawgs

London, KY

#220 Jul 4, 2014
Shirvel s Shrivel wrote:
<quoted text>That is absolutely a departure from your own professed religion's beliefs for you to claim to pass that judgment upon anyone. You're not the party who decides such things, by the tenets of your own (claimed) religion.

On top of which it's really sick to say something like that. And sanctimonious.

It's all a part of your hateful and bigoted behavior, which has nothing to do with Christianity whatsoever. It only has to do with selecting out what portions of mistranslated scripture to wield as a cover for your purely personal psychological issues.

Now, go bray equally about those _headlining Commandments_ as you do about your homosexual fears, you trash.
You homosexuals have been blinded. You lust for each other. Come on now. You don't see a problem with having sex with another man? Sick. When you die you will be judged. I will too! Just trying to warn you. Believe it or not. Don't want to see you go to hell. And look I don't even know you. Why should I waste my time otherwise? It's your decision. You must be struggling with your actions or you would not be so defensive. However, you have a choice!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#221 Jul 4, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
You will burn in hell forever. However, you have a choice.
What about guys that just think about gay sex all day, every day, but never act on it? Will you.... er, I mean, will they burn in hell, too?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#222 Jul 4, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
You homosexuals have been blinded. You lust for each other. Come on now. You don't see a problem with having sex with another man? Sick. When you die you will be judged. I will too! Just trying to warn you. Believe it or not. Don't want to see you go to hell. And look I don't even know you. Why should I waste my time otherwise? It's your decision. You must be struggling with your actions or you would not be so defensive. However, you have a choice!
Why you think your imaginary friend's playbook has ANY relevance to reality is a mystery.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#223 Jul 4, 2014
Clergy man wrote:
<quoted text>
As you stand before God what will be your justification for your actions against your fellow man.
...and how do you plan to verify what happens? Send us a tweet?

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#224 Jul 4, 2014
If Amendment XIV did not immediately grant women voting equality, how can we believe it gave same sex couples the right to marry? It took Amendment XIX to guarantee women the right to vote. Obviously, Amendment XIV was not nearly as all inclusive as some claim.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#225 Jul 4, 2014
The Surgeon General wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to look to up AVERT Statistics those are not imaginary numbers. So are you denying those statistics in 2011 in the U S. And as far as the rest of the world goes I don't see the gay community standing up and asking to be married. In some 3'rd world countries and religions they would just execute them end of story. And by the way, how much do I owe you for my malicious Freudian psychological evaluation ? You seem to think you know the sexual & psychological make up of all people who do not agree with you. That must really be an advantage when selecting your next sexual conquests.
Oh puh-leez, queen. It's been the subject of much scientific inquiry. It's not exactly a secret that most vocal homophobes are gay themselves..... 4 out of 5, actually.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#226 Jul 4, 2014
Fishy Face wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not certain every concern has been dealt with. Most I ever hear are the real loons. The biblethumpers, homophobes, LGBT and whatever else. Most all seem so to the extreme to me. Seldom does it seem I meet or talk with or read anything from someone who is level headed. There are a few put it is sparse. As far as Mass. The way I see it...That is a very small area and all this is all very new, the changing laws that is. It would be hard to poll or gauge even now if it was being abused even now and that is small area of the US.
I didn't "seek out" this discussion I regularly visit the politic section and I saw the topic. I do however have concerns, thoughts, ideas on this subject I would have like to have addressed and discussed. How could I ever conclude a Yea or Nay if I didn't convey those to be addressed. When I say "I don't really care" That is meaning I don't care about anyone's sexual orientation or what they do with that. IF it has no adverse effect on me personally. It would be the same as your religion or what you had for lunch today.
Well, I'd love to discuss with you more, but I'm afraid it is not going to go anywhere. If you had concrete concerns one way or the other, you would be able to articulate them. Since you prefer to be "on the fence" I don't see how much more discussion can occur, unless you voice tangible reasons either for or against. I'm here most every day, if only for a few minutes, so if you ever have reasonable questions, I'll be more than willing. Otherwise, I would suggest you just read all the arguments one way and the other, and make a decision. Until you can do those things time and words are wasted by us all.
1 post removed
dawgs

London, KY

#228 Jul 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>What about guys that just think about gay sex all day, every day, but never act on it? Will you.... er, I mean, will they burn in hell, too?
As along as they don't act on those eurges.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#229 Jul 4, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
You homosexuals have been blinded. You lust for each other. Come on now. You don't see a problem with having sex with another man?
Hey filth, the fact that you didn't mention lesbians says it all. It's about you feeling somehow implicated by _male_ homosexuality...closet case. It's not about homosexuality involving women, a group you apparently never give a thought to.

You failed to address your scriptural hypocrisy.

By _comparison_ you virtually ignore the headlining Commandments about coveting, disrespecting one's parents, taking the lawd's name in vain. You merely have a (male) homosexual fixation. That is your psychological issue, not a religious issue.

Now, since you bray about Corinthians I expect you to now go forth and similarly defame and disfranchise adulterers and those who masturbate...since "you're all about the Bible."

You sick hypocrite. Self deceiver. Get a grip. Get out of that reparations therapy asap, Cletus.
The Surgeon General

San Jose, CA

#230 Jul 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez, queen. It's been the subject of much scientific inquiry. It's not exactly a secret that most vocal homophobes are gay themselves..... 4 out of 5, actually.
Sorry to disappoint you but I've never seen a man in a speedo and said to myself , " WHOA - I GOTTA HAVE THOSE BALLS ACROSS MY NOSE " can't say I ever had that urge.
Check out the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights , Article-#16, it recognizes that the family headed by a man and a woman is, " The natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the state".
Or try Hyde vs Hyde -1886, the case that legally defines marriage as it is known today.
It is not up to governments to redefine marriage- but simply to recognize it for what it is, and to promote it as a unique institution.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#231 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you but I've never seen a man in a speedo and said to myself , " WHOA - I GOTTA HAVE THOSE BALLS ACROSS MY NOSE " can't say I ever had that urge.
Yet that was the image you came up, and here you are frequentlng the lgbt forum discussing only gay men again.
The Surgeon General

Ashburn, VA

#232 Jul 4, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet that was the image you came up, and here you are frequentlng the lgbt forum discussing only gay men again.

I'm pretty sure the topic is GAY marriage right ? I'm just defending the institution of marriage as it has been known for thousands of years.To be quite honest with you I could care less about your sexual preferences as long as you don't denigrate or harm another living being while engaging in those activities. What I don't understand is why homosexuals have to climb the highest peak and tell the world they are gay. And then tell me I have to change my moral beliefs because they want to change the storied institution of marriage as it known to a vast majority of society.
1 post removed
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#234 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the topic is GAY marriage right ? I'm just defending the institution of marriage as it has been known for thousands of years.To be quite honest with you I could care less
You didn't post about gay marriage. You posted a gripping-to-you image of male genitals in someone's face. You did that. No one else did.

The institution of marriage for thousands of years was polygamy, child brides, brides as mere property, you moron.

You could not care more about (male) homosexuality. If you don't want to hear anything about sexual orientation then you start railing about heterosexuals who can't shut up in public about their spawn, their romantic comedies, their engagement announcements and bachelor parties.

In other words, you're a self deceiving pos.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Since: Sep 13

Pool the Stream and Sea

#235 Jul 5, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd love to discuss with you more, but I'm afraid it is not going to go anywhere. If you had concrete concerns one way or the other, you would be able to articulate them. Since you prefer to be "on the fence" I don't see how much more discussion can occur, unless you voice tangible reasons either for or against. I'm here most every day, if only for a few minutes, so if you ever have reasonable questions, I'll be more than willing. Otherwise, I would suggest you just read all the arguments one way and the other, and make a decision. Until you can do those things time and words are wasted by us all.
I feel I do have concrete concerns. I suppose the points I wish to validate are not coming across correctly in text that they do verbally. I do read and talk with others about this subject when it arises. Thankfully, I know some people who don't seem as far off center as most of these post I've been reading. I appreciate your mannered response amongst this vile soup. I'm here about as often maybe we shall discuses or cross paths again.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#236 Jul 5, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is a horrible disease and started when some sicko had sex with a monkey.
You obsess about beastiality too? Geez you're a walking encyclopedia of perversion.

AIDS started among the heterosexual sector and worldwide still resides mostly with heterosexuals. Now, how it all started in the Congo region of Africa no one is sure.

One idea is the "hunter theory". Simply, tainted blood was passed to a hunter through a cut or perhaps being bitten by a Simian. Another theory is that someone could have eaten tainted or poorly cooked meat, monkey brains are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world, but we may never know.

You're the one with the penile, testicular, fecal and now beastial fetishes....funny, you never mention your opinions on lesbians.....

I'm beginning to get the picture here;0)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#237 Jul 5, 2014
Fishy Face wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel I do have concrete concerns. I suppose the points I wish to validate are not coming across correctly in text that they do verbally. I do read and talk with others about this subject when it arises. Thankfully, I know some people who don't seem as far off center as most of these post I've been reading. I appreciate your mannered response amongst this vile soup. I'm here about as often maybe we shall discuses or cross paths again.
You say you have concrete concerns. If so, then state them clearly, and try to avoid the "unintended consequences" argument, because it is entirely to vague. I am interested, but so far I haven't seen you present one concern that has been clearly outlined.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#238 Jul 6, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
As along as they don't act on those eurges.
Is that what Jesus said?
Matt 5
27 “You have heard that it was said,‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

And don't forget this little gem from Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he

Homosexuality is about who you are attracted to. It's not about acting on it. Someone who sits around daydreaming about gay sex all day IS gay, by definition.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#239 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the topic is GAY marriage right ? I'm just defending the institution of marriage as it has been known for thousands of years.To be quite honest with you I could care less about your sexual preferences as long as you don't denigrate or harm another living being while engaging in those activities. What I don't understand is why homosexuals have to climb the highest peak and tell the world they are gay. And then tell me I have to change my moral beliefs because they want to change the storied institution of marriage as it known to a vast majority of society.
No one is telling you to change your beliefs, so you can stop with that big lie right now.

It is your actions that are of concern.
1 post removed
Ted Haggard s Masseuse

Philadelphia, PA

#241 Jul 6, 2014
Fulford wrote:
I queer and I want it inmyasstoday.
No one ever doubted that about you or about any of the other closet case trolls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min An NFL Fan 1,403,583
News Paul Ryan booed at hometown Trump rally 3 min guest 41
News Top StorySanders has book deal; will reflect on... 3 min kuda 16
News Trump doubles back to hit Cruz 3 min Lawrence Wolf 57
News The Republican Party is dead 5 min Lawrence Wolf 2,261
News Rubio calls Trump a con artist, mocks a small h... 5 min Big Ben 120
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min who cares 14,641
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min billy 391,125
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 36 min WeTheSheeple 210
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 44 min WeTheSheeple 170
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 47 min WeTheSheeple 152
More from around the web