For the Future of Immigration Reform, Look to 1986

May 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Journal

This committee is going down the same road that we did in 1986. I was there. I lived it," said Sen.

Comments
61 - 80 of 80 Comments Last updated Jun 26, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#68 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
You're a lost case ! lol
And you're Tap Dancing!

Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers - Let Yourself Go

&fe ature=related

Definition of Tap-Dance around

Tap-Dance around

****** to evade a question.******

by WalterGR, Sacramento, CA, USA, Sep 21 2009 (Edit definition)

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+o...

#69 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a positive approach as it will help the economy and that would obviously help the ones that are unemployed but it's hard to see all the positives when all you know is hatred :D
So how will dumping 11 million illegal aliens on to the labor market help the economy?

#70 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

Nostradamus is a little child compared to you !
The Eagle driven back around the tents
Will be chased from there by other birds:
When the noise of cymbals, trumpets and bells
Will restore the senses of the senseless lady.

Read more: http://www.nostradamuspredictions.org/century...

#71 Jun 20, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
"With this pen, I grant amnesty to 5 million citizens"

-President Ronald Reagan, 1986
"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

#72 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

Now you can use your tiny smart phone to read news, watch live sports and TV, play online games whereas in 1986 if you wanted to find out a word in Japanese for example it could have taken you days or weeks to find out. Did you see the big difference in technology ??? If you see it let me know and I could proceed with further explanations about why you cannot compare the law from 1986 with this current bill.
One amnesty is enough,two is one to many!

#73 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you her/his secretary or something ? Well, it is pretty bad news for you if you did not get my point.
You cannot compare the situation in 1986 with the one now because

the actual technology would allow the implementation of E-Verify which alone would change things completely.
With E-Verify, the job market would dry up and the 11 million illegal aliens could self deport!

Problem solved.

#74 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

What rules are you talking about ?

The actual immigration system is completely outdated but it seems like you still live in the past and that's why you can't get it.
So how is it outdated?

#75 Jun 20, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

Ted Kennedy was not God and the truth being said : no one can guarantee anything for the future.

He made that remark in a good faith that enforcement will happen.

But, like we all know it never happen and now America is facing the same problem again. And since you're talking about what makes this country better I'm telling you that Americans have succeeded because they have had a positive approach to every solution. You definitely don't have that spirit since all you do is whining about every solution to the problem without coming out with a real and positive approach.

BS,If what you say is true,then why did Senator ("I can't swim") Kennedy say this in 2007?

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and
into the sunshine of America"
May 17, 2007

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts
Member of the Democratic Party

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#76 Jun 20, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you base your support on of granting amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens with 6.4 million of them being Hispanics??
Waiting__________
I told you before. The situation is different compared to 1986. The technology available right now would make E-Verify possible and it would help add more efficient security on the border. Also Mexico and South American countries are doing better so people from those countries are less likely to be desperate to risk their lives to come to USA illegally. On top of that this bill would have a positive impact to the US economy and society. I've said that before and all the recent studies have confirm it.

#77 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

I told you before.

The situation is different compared to 1986.

The technology available right now would make E-Verify possible and it would help add more efficient security on the border.

Also Mexico and South American countries are doing better so people from those countries are less likely to be desperate to risk their lives to come to USA illegally.

On top of that this bill would have a positive impact to the US economy and society.

I've said that before and all the recent studies have confirm it.
Read the question again and stop Tap Dancing!

Cricket 23 wrote:

<quoted text>

So what do you base your support on of granting amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens with 6.4 million of them being Hispanics??

Waiting__________
Aaliyah

Baltimore, MD

#78 Jun 21, 2013
Its all lies, lies and more lies. They have been talking like this my whole life. You will never see an end to it untill we arr a banana republic like bolivia. Thats our future , well no, thats your future because I am getting old and won't be around to see it happen.
1 post removed

Bloomfield, NJ

#80 Jun 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the question again and stop Tap Dancing!
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting__________
These people are already here and the vast majority are good people. This bill would put them on a legal track and it will definitely filter the ones who are here just to make some money for the ones who wanna be part of the US society. Removing them not only will cost a huge amount of money and take very long time but it will hurt the US economy really badly.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#81 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
These people are already here and the vast majority are good people. This bill would put them on a legal track and it will definitely filter the ones who are here just to make some money for the ones who wanna be part of the US society. Removing them not only will cost a huge amount of money and take very long time but it will hurt the US economy really badly.
Good people get proactive and try to rectify the mistakes they have made, instead of demanding that the government simply forgive them of those things. What about their victims, thsoe who have had their identities stolen by an interloper. Why does the government do nothing to punish them for that. Why do the perps have more people worrying about their feelings, instead of the vicitms' feelings?

Location hidden

#82 Jun 21, 2013
s/b: those

#83 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

Waiting__________

Bloomfield, NJ

#84 Jun 25, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting__________
http://www.seiu.org/assets_c/2013/06/EconOfIm...

Location hidden

#85 Jun 25, 2013
Corker–Hoeven Immigration Amendment is another ploy to get folks onboard with this insanity. Who honestly believes that the funding needed to fulfill this latest lick and promise ammendment will actually be apropriated? It sounds great on paper, but will never come to fruition, just like '86 promise of border security didn't. Come on folks, don't buy into it. Corker is so funny, he ran on a strong anti-illegal plank, and now he's caving.
2 posts removed
Juan Too

United States

#88 Jun 25, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how will dumping 11 million illegal aliens on to the labor market help the economy?
Ask George W Bush, his "Institute" just issued a study report that shows that legalizing the Undocumented Citizen will help with job creation and boost the US economy. Heck, if Dubya says so, it must be so. Ja ja ja.

Bloomfield, NJ

#89 Jun 26, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Good people get proactive and try to rectify the mistakes they have made, instead of demanding that the government simply forgive them of those things. What about their victims, thsoe who have had their identities stolen by an interloper. Why does the government do nothing to punish them for that. Why do the perps have more people worrying about their feelings, instead of the vicitms' feelings?
That's right but in this case if someone crossed the border what are her or his possibilities ?

#90 Jun 26, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>

Ask George W Bush, his "Institute" just issued a study report that shows that legalizing the Undocumented Citizen will help with job creation and boost the US economy. Heck, if Dubya says so, it must be so. Ja ja ja.
What happen in 2007??

Ja ja ja.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Coffee Party 256,649
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min PDUPONT 1,100,993
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min TurkanaBoy 115,304
Obamas attend wedding of their longtime chef 12 min squeezers 7
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 25 min Ethan Allen 121
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 25 min Mr Johnson 11,713
Miss. judge dismisses McDaniel primary challenge 27 min Mr Johnson 6
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 2 hr Concern Citizen 1,584
•••
Enter and win $5000