How American Evangelism Triggered the Murder of Gays Overseas

May 11, 2011 Full story: www.alternet.org 227

In Africa the marriage of Christianity and homophobia is thriving, thanks in part to American fundamentalist Christians.

Full Story

“Just saying....”

Since: Dec 08

Denver

#105 May 12, 2011
JamesW wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a deviant behavior....a thought disorder, an individual practicing a behavior that is unnatural...not what God intended. To put it in plain terms...nasty, filthy and a disgusting behavior that is an abomination to Almighty God!
Homophobia is a mental disorder

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#106 May 12, 2011
just_zach wrote:
I do ask however that people on this thread remember that not all Christians support the actions of Evangelicalism.
In fact there are churches who are welcome people who are of the LGBT.
http://www.mccrockies.org/
I'm sure some christians actually practice what they preach too. Small churches like that are all well and good but the mega churches have an upper hand on indoctrinating hate. They continue to sponsor an international holocaust. Even the pope said we have to treat homosexuality as seriously as global warming. The persecution isn't easy to handle when it's dispensed so easily and chewed up by people eager to beat the crap out of people because the guy at the podium tells them God hates them. Yes Jesus was also persecuted and that's what makes it so difficult because it's not only dealing with hate, it's bigotry wrapped in hypocrisy spouted out in OT Bible verses. Something more needs to be done.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#107 May 12, 2011
JamesW wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the oldest book on this planet! Many have tried to destroy it and discredit it...kings and emperors, false prophets and little people like you. "For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword piercing even to the division of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12). And the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away" (Matthew 24:35). You see my foolish friend the Bible, Gods Word and Christianity will be here long after your miserable life is over!
1. The Bible is God's Word.

False. Men wrote the Bible. Since no one can prove the existence of God, it follows that no once can prove the Bible to be God's word. We do know, however, that it is written by men who claim it to be inspired by God and therefore only the inspired word of God, meaning "about God."

2. The Bible is the oldest Book on the Planet.

False. The Bible is a collection of writings translated from earlier texts and manuscripts. The Septuagint is older than any Bible. http://www.septuagint.net/
Bem

Lacon, IL

#108 May 12, 2011
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Bible is God's Word.
False. Men wrote the Bible. Since no one can prove the existence of God, it follows that no once can prove the Bible to be God's word. We do know, however, that it is written by men who claim it to be inspired by God and therefore only the inspired word of God, meaning "about God."
2. The Bible is the oldest Book on the Planet.
False. The Bible is a collection of writings translated from earlier texts and manuscripts. The Septuagint is older than any Bible. http://www.septuagint.net/
The Spetuagint is part of the Bible- you know, that book that commands against men dressing as women.....
Back Woods Buddy

Felton, CA

#109 May 12, 2011
Molester Moore aka Bem wrote:
<quoted text>The Spetuagint is part of the Bible-.
Aah quit yer yappin' fool.
The Great Christardo

Felton, CA

#110 May 12, 2011
Shit head David aka Bem wrote:
<quoted text>The Spetuagint is part of the Bible- you know, that book that commands against men dressing as women.....
Mat 7:1

Now STFU
The Great Christardo

Felton, CA

#111 May 12, 2011
BTW, The Septuagint is not part of the Bible. It is a Greek translation of Hebrew Scripture which was helpful to the first Bible writers. It pre-dates the Bible. David is an idiot. There is no Bible containing the Septuagint.

Go back to your sand box closet queen!
Tar Baby

Felton, CA

#112 May 12, 2011
Bem wrote:
<quoted text>The Spetuagint is part of the Bible- you know, that book that commands against men dressing as women.....
STFU David. You are an idiot.
The Great Christardo

Felton, CA

#113 May 12, 2011
David the Pekin Troll aka Bem wrote:
<quoted text>There is no rational connection between the fact of being unspeakable in marriage. To claim otherwise is overwhelmingly rejected by me. There is also no logical connection between any of my thoughts, marriage and any sort of homosexual relationship. Nothing homosexual shares the reasons for government involvement in my incarceration and inabilty to pleas my wife. I has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals in every country that allows it.
WTF?

Does this make any sense?
Big Dump

Felton, CA

#114 May 12, 2011
David The Pekin Troll aka Bem wrote:
<quoted text>The Spetuagint that book that commands men to dress as women.....
Dude!

Let me have some of those drugs.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

#115 May 12, 2011
Bem wrote:
Shut up and stop mixing fibers, you dysfunctional cretin.

Praiz!
truth

Chicago, IL

#116 May 12, 2011
just_zach wrote:
<quoted text>Homophobia is a mental disorder
Wrong! But homosexuality was listed as a mental illness until recently
truth

Chicago, IL

#117 May 12, 2011
All of a sudden in 1973, all homosexuals were magically healed of their mental illness. Or the more likely explanation would be that political maneuvering played the key roll in getting it delisted.
yay13 today

Alpharetta, GA

#118 May 12, 2011
truth wrote:
All of a sudden in 1973, all homosexuals were magically healed of their mental illness. Or the more likely explanation would be that political maneuvering played the key roll in getting it delisted.
U R very very old ;3
JamesW

Duluth, GA

#119 May 12, 2011
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible also says that God hates those who judge others.
What Bible are you quoting and where is statement of hate located? We are called as children of God to call a lie a lie and the truth the truth. However, this society does the opposite. You call the truth a lie and a lie the truth. You embrace all that is evil and hate that which is good.
JamesW

Duluth, GA

#120 May 12, 2011
Zagreos Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
So christian homosexuals are ok by you then?
No...A homosexual who claims to be a Christian can not be both! He is either saved and no longer in bondage to the deviant behavior. Or he is not saved and continues to practice the wicked rebellious behavior.
wat

Downingtown, PA

#121 May 12, 2011
JamesW wrote:
<quoted text>
No...A homosexual who claims to be a Christian can not be both! He is either saved and no longer in bondage to the deviant behavior. Or he is not saved and continues to practice the wicked rebellious behavior.
You didn't answer my question about the Westboro Baptist Church. Do you agree with the teachings of the Westboro Baptist Church?
Jane

Olive Branch, MS

#122 May 12, 2011
JamesW wrote:
<quoted text>
So JamesW,what are you? God said You are Not to pass judgement on others,only He can do that.You surely don't expect to inherit the Kingdom of God as u sit there hating humanity and passing judgement.OH!BTW, God made them as well so are you saying God did it all wrong or what?I certainly don't have big enough balls to pass judgement on Gods Creations and will pray for u
Love One Another

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#123 May 12, 2011
JamesW wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

For someone professing to be Christian as you do, you should spend less time listening to the sound of your own choices and more time listening to HIM. I'm done with you, you've got a lot more to worry about than what I think...
JamesW

Duluth, GA

#124 May 12, 2011
just_zach wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."
Mark 12:31 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
I'm sorry you where saying?
Do you feel judged? The Word of God is given by God for correction and reproof. If the Word of God makes you feel judged you should take that up with God. Wouldn't that be the logical thing for you to do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min VorenusI 284,192
Opinion: Schumer's ObamaCare Mea Culpa 4 min Cat74 15
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 7 min Shinichiro Takizawa 40
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Agents of Corruption 128,002
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,527
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Calvin_Coolish 163,281
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Joe Biden 180,984
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 33 min Mr Dick Johnson 51
Obama heckled 8 hr Rick OShay 32

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE