Napolitano: U.S. spending cuts alread...

Napolitano: U.S. spending cuts already cause long lines at airports

There are 154 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 4, 2013, titled Napolitano: U.S. spending cuts already cause long lines at airports. In it, Reuters reports that:

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano on Monday cautioned airline passengers to get to the airport extra early because U.S. spending cuts have already led to long lines at some security checkpoints, and said the coming furloughs will only make the situation worse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#114 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hell, you porbably wasted that much just trying to find some conspiracy in Libya when four americans died..
just think if more die in Egypt...that $250M will be gravedanced away in short time with all the committees and investigations...
First Ambassador to die in 40 years and you can't find a conspiracy in that.......WHAT DOES IT MATTER.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#115 Mar 5, 2013
TSA allows knives on planes, flight attendants union calls decision 'dangerous'

The Transportation Security Administration announced Tuesday that U.S. airline passengers will soon be allowed to carry small knives in their carry-on bags, a move that prompted swift condemnation from a flight attendants union.

Will TSA insist on background checks on those bringing knives aboard planes……

..Remember box cutters killed over three thousand Americans not 26.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#116 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>First Ambassador to die in 40 years and you can't find a conspiracy in that.......WHAT DOES IT MATTER.
no one can find a conspiracy in that. even with all the grave dancing you and the people you parrot from have done you haven't found any conspiracy, just a brutal attack by religious freaks...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#117 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
TSA allows knives on planes, flight attendants union calls decision 'dangerous'
The Transportation Security Administration announced Tuesday that U.S. airline passengers will soon be allowed to carry small knives in their carry-on bags, a move that prompted swift condemnation from a flight attendants union.
Will TSA insist on background checks on those bringing knives aboard planes……
..Remember box cutters killed over three thousand Americans not 26.
good reason for us to have security guards on planes instead of overpaid soda servers...

i've been in clubs across this planet and in most of them if you came at teh bouncer witha knife or razor, you'd just piss him off and end up stuffed in the toilet...

get rid of the stewardesses and get one or two real security guards on the planes...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#118 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you and wooddick were the same.
because you don't have a brain. anyone can tell the totally different postind and writing styles and the fact that we disagree on many subjects....

of course, that would require independent thought on your part, and you have made it very clear that is beyond your abilities.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#119 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Run Forrest Run.......
seems 'who' is the one who ran off, now doesn't it?

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#120 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no one can find a conspiracy in that. even with all the grave dancing you and the people you parrot from have done you haven't found any conspiracy, just a brutal attack by religious freaks...
There were two conspiracys, one by Al Quaida to attack, and one by the White house to cover it up with lies.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#121 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because you don't have a brain. anyone can tell the totally different postind and writing styles and the fact that we disagree on many subjects....
of course, that would require independent thought on your part, and you have made it very clear that is beyond your abilities.
More sequester pain: White House cancels tours
The White House announced Tuesday that it was canceling all public tours of the president’s home because of the sequester spending cuts.
“Due to staffing reductions resulting from sequestration, we regret to inform you that White House Tours will be canceled effective Saturday, March 9, 2013 until further notice. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reschedule affected tours,” the White House said in an email.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

WHILE LIBERALS IN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE’S ATTEND EXPENSIVE WINE TASTING IN THE NAPA VALLEY. Oh well it is only the people’s house they are being kept out of………but there is plenty of money for 10 million worth of vacations in Hawaii, Florida and Vail.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#122 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There were two conspiracys, one by Al Quaida to attack, and one by the White house to cover it up with lies.
the White house never attempted to cover up the attack...

epic fail # 36...for today.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#123 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>More sequester pain: White House cancels tours
The White House announced Tuesday that it was canceling all public tours of the president’s home because of the sequester spending cuts.
“Due to staffing reductions resulting from sequestration, we regret to inform you that White House Tours will be canceled effective Saturday, March 9, 2013 until further notice. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reschedule affected tours,” the White House said in an email.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
WHILE LIBERALS IN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE’S ATTEND EXPENSIVE WINE TASTING IN THE NAPA VALLEY. Oh well it is only the people’s house they are being kept out of………but there is plenty of money for 10 million worth of vacations in Hawaii, Florida and Vail.
IN OTHER REAL NEWS:

The Dow hit a new record high today, topping 14,264. The previous record was 14,198.10, set in October 2007, when investors were squarely focused on the Federal Reserve. The Fed had cut rates for the first time in four years and was worried the housing implosion would hit consumers and the broader economy.

Today, the Fed’s actions have juiced stocks and helped boost the economy, but the recovery after the 2008 financial crisis remains slow-going.

Investors appear to have shrugged off the fight over $85 billion in forced government spending cuts.

Stay tuned for another riveting installment of Au le Contraire Jimbo's spam-a-thon on most of these local Topix boads.

Say Goodnight Chet....Goodnight Chet.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#124 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the White house never attempted to cover up the attack...
epic fail # 36...for today.
Of course the six weeks of the video did it was nothing more than a lark. Remedial reading might help you, but doubt it.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#125 Mar 5, 2013
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
IN OTHER REAL NEWS:
The Dow hit a new record high today, topping 14,264. The previous record was 14,198.10, set in October 2007, when investors were squarely focused on the Federal Reserve. The Fed had cut rates for the first time in four years and was worried the housing implosion would hit consumers and the broader economy.
Today, the Fed’s actions have juiced stocks and helped boost the economy, but the recovery after the 2008 financial crisis remains slow-going.
Investors appear to have shrugged off the fight over $85 billion in forced government spending cuts.
Stay tuned for another riveting installment of Au le Contraire Jimbo's spam-a-thon on most of these local Topix boads.
Say Goodnight Chet....Goodnight Chet.
why did it take Obama six years.......oh yeah, he pivoted off the golf course.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#126 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>why did it take Obama six years.......oh yeah, he pivoted off the golf course.
lots of damage to fix... too much time at the ranch from his predecessor.(that's the guy who had the job before him, pookie...)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#127 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the six weeks of the video did it was nothing more than a lark. Remedial reading might help you, but doubt it.
that was an attempt to cover up the attack? just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider...
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#128 Mar 5, 2013
That reduction in revenue caused by those 2001 and 2003 Bush tax policies are at the crux of these debt problems.

It was an asinine concept to give away revenue only to turn around and, beg, borrow and steal to finance the nation's operations.

This is the scenairo by which the republicans historically manage the federal budget.
TedsLiver wrote:
Yes, because the lines were not already long. This a scare tactic. Janet, I guess you think it is ok for government to spend 36 cents of every dollar it takes in on debt? Likely you do run your own finances that way. Another clueless liberal.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#129 Mar 5, 2013
so the stock market just got back to where bush left it? Oct 2007? wasn't that just a few days before obama was first elected? coincidence?, I think not.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#130 Mar 5, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
That reduction in revenue caused by those 2001 and 2003 Bush tax policies are at the crux of these debt problems.
It was an asinine concept to give away revenue only to turn around and, beg, borrow and steal to finance the nation's operations.
This is the scenairo by which the republicans historically manage the federal budget.
<quoted text>
Dems never cut anything. If they kept their promises made when tax cut laws were passed the problems would be much less.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#131 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>First Ambassador to die in 40 years and you can't find a conspiracy in that.......WHAT DOES IT MATTER.
Ambassador Stevens died only as a result of Republican Funding Cuts of more than $300 Million, implemented during the initial Budget Control Act cuts, which prevented adequately trained personnel from providing security to our diplomats at Consulate and Embassies around the world. Page 3 and Page 6 of the ARB Report highlight the failures of Congress to support the initiatives of the United States Secretary of State with appropriate funding.

The conspiracy was in the Republican agenda in Congress and involved leaving our diplomats naked and up protected.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#132 Mar 5, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Dems never cut anything. If they kept their promises made when tax cut laws were passed the problems would be much less.
They seem to have been blocked from cutting the spending related to the 2001 and 2003 Bush Tax Cuts that drives the present deficits strangling America.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#133 Mar 5, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to have been blocked from cutting the spending related to the 2001 and 2003 Bush Tax Cuts that drives the present deficits strangling America.
Demographics of an aging population and the baby boomers spending less did not help President Bush. He was trying to get people to spend money during much of his tenure in office. The problem even today and for a couple of decades is the spending by consumers will be made by the generation behind the boomers who are half the size in numbers. Boomers spending has dropped significantly and they will be living about forty more years or so (1946-1964) if the world is still at peace and we are all nice to each other. This is going to be rough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisiana newspaper say 'glad' Obama has now de... 2 min Synque 144
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 393,381
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 15,713
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 7 min Janine 32
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min mdbuilder 1,417,471
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Ozzie Malone 61,008
News Obama tours flood-damaged Baton Rouge neighborh... 10 min Winston 23
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Big Jake 239,171
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 24 min Lawrence Wolf 240
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 31 min Chicagoan by Birth 7,408
More from around the web