Four dead in shootings as Chicago gun-death toll rises

Sep 22, 2013 Full story: Reuters 421

A new spate of gun violence in Chicago left four men dead, Chicago police said on Saturday, less than two days after a shooting spree at a park in the city wounded 13 people, including a 3-year-boy.

Full Story

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#48 Sep 23, 2013
LoLbama wrote:
<quoted text>
"to condemn all Muslims for the actions of a few murderous lunatics is morally wrong and illogical, however we are OK with condemning and punishing all law abiding and responsible gun owners because of the actions of a few lunatics"
liberalism is a mental disorder.
actually it's the liberals that want Muslims not to be judged by the actions of a few. It was Bush and company that wanted all Muslims put under the radar. If you're gonna talk. Do some homework first huh?
1 post removed
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#50 Sep 23, 2013
Drugs are illegal, If you are on welfare, and the money is suppose to used to take care of your children, and I am paying for your drugs, that I condemn, and I want you tested, and taken off the rolls until you test Clean. If you are working paying for your own drugs I could care less what you do. You are the one controlled by the Government when you are on Welfare.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#51 Sep 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Drugs are illegal, If you are on welfare, and the money is suppose to used to take care of your children, and I am paying for your drugs, that I condemn, and I want you tested, and taken off the rolls until you test Clean. If you are working paying for your own drugs I could care less what you do. You are the one controlled by the Government when you are on Welfare.
Thorazine is legal. It's the prescribed drug for Obama Derangement Syndrome. The government is now authorizing it free for all frightwingnut teabaggers. Your monthly dose arrives tonight.

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#52 Sep 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Drugs are illegal, If you are on welfare, and the money is suppose to used to take care of your children, and I am paying for your drugs, that I condemn, and I want you tested, and taken off the rolls until you test Clean. If you are working paying for your own drugs I could care less what you do. You are the one controlled by the Government when you are on Welfare.
4th amendment. The right to not be searched without probable cause. Even people on welfare are afforded this right. You want the Constitution to be adhered to...then that means ALL of them. Not just some of them. Hypocrite!
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#53 Sep 23, 2013
CrybabyRepublicans wrote:
<quoted text>And you rightwingers talk about freedom from government. What do you think drug tests are? They are about as government control as you can get. I hate hypocrites!
True, a drug test is invasive but welfare is not mandatory. It is an option; voluntary. A drug test is a fee of sorts for taking a government subsidized service. If no one wants drug testing for welfare they need to contact their representatives and get the tests removed.

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#54 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
True, a drug test is invasive but welfare is not mandatory. It is an option; voluntary. A drug test is a fee of sorts for taking a government subsidized service. If no one wants drug testing for welfare they need to contact their representatives and get the tests removed.
It's still a violation to our 4th amendment rights. No matter how you slice it.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#55 Sep 23, 2013
CrybabyRepublicans wrote:
<quoted text>It's still a violation to our 4th amendment rights. No matter how you slice it.
Unless the recipient agrees to this upfront and drug testing is clearly spelled out and explained as a condition of receiving benefits yes this is an illegal search. But if they sign off on it or agree to it it is not a violation.

Now one could argue how come there isn't drug testing for other government assistance which could be considered discriminatory.

But it's going to comeback to welfare being voluntary and it was explained as a condition of receiving benefits. That's what the state will argue.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#56 Sep 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Drugs are illegal, If you are on welfare, and the money is suppose to used to take care of your children, and I am paying for your drugs
You don't pay for anyone's drugs except for yours, and clearly you don't pay enough.
Cat74 wrote:
In the Holder-Obama Fast, and Furious project 250,000 weapons were lost,
Still waiting, Au LyingC*t74

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
True, a drug test is invasive but welfare is not mandatory.
Before you can get into law school, you have to make it through the tenth grade with passing marks.

You aren't ready to give legal advice just yet, shug.

Requiring people to take drug test to get food stamps and welfare already declared unconstitutional.

I know it's hard for you to get your tiny head around it but the good new is: you have a lot of company with the Republicans who try to pass this legislation knowing it's unconstitutional before they press the first key.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Funny though that 30 years later in a state with some of the most pro gun laws there is little or no "public" drug war.
Funny how full of cr@p you still are even after your boyfriend rode you until the more attractive cows came home.

Drug War Snapshot: Volusia County, Florida
Volusia County, Florida, situated midway up the state's Atlantic Coast, has just under half a million people, and if its July 6 county jail bookings are any indication, it has one heck of a drug problem -- or is it an elective policing problem?

Volusia County Courthouse ( volusia.org )
Of the 67 people booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail on the Friday after the 4th of July, only seven were charged with violent crimes, while people charged with drug offenses made up more than half of all bookings. At least 35 people were charged with drug offenses, mostly small-time trafficking, while three more were charged with drug possession while arrested for another crime.

The most common drug charges were sale of cocaine (11), followed by sale/trafficking in controlled substances (10), violation of drug court rules (4), possession of a controlled substance (3), and possession of cocaine (2). The day also saw single counts of possession of meth, sale of meth, manufacture of meth, sale of marijuana, and possession of marijuana.

Six people were arrested on unspecified probation violation or failure to appear charges. Some unknown portion of those were likely originally arrested on drug charges.

Only three people arrested on drug charges were also arresting on other criminal charges at the same time, one for burglary and drug possession, one for solicitation to commit prostitution and drug possession, and one for hindering a firefighter and drug possession. While drug use could be a factor in other charges filed, such as the five accused burglars below, they apparently weren't carrying drugs when committing those crimes.

Of the 23 people charged with other than drug offenses, only seven were charged with crimes of violence. Four faced charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one was charged with strong-arm robbery, one with robbery by assault, and one with intimidating a witness.

Three people were charges with status offenses -- acts that would not be a crime except for their having previous criminal convictions. One was charged with failure to register as a sex offender and two with felon in possession of a firearm.

(clip)

“Ted Cruz is a Traitor. ”

Since: May 12

420town

#59 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the recipient agrees to this upfront and drug testing is clearly spelled out and explained as a condition of receiving benefits yes this is an illegal search. But if they sign off on it or agree to it it is not a violation.
Now one could argue how come there isn't drug testing for other government assistance which could be considered discriminatory.
But it's going to comeback to welfare being voluntary and it was explained as a condition of receiving benefits. That's what the state will argue.
4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? Are you all for living in a police state? You teabaggers want our Constitution defended that means ALL the amendments, not just some. So practice what you preach. Welfare recipients are Americans too and they too deserve the protection of our Constitution. You can't pick and choose what amendments you want to honor.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#60 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how full of cr@p you still are even after your boyfriend rode you until the more attractive cows came home.
Drug War Snapshot: Volusia County, Florida
Volusia County, Florida, situated midway up the state's Atlantic Coast, has just under half a million people, and if its July 6 county jail bookings are any indication, it has one heck of a drug problem -- or is it an elective policing problem?
Volusia County Courthouse ( volusia.org )
Of the 67 people booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail on the Friday after the 4th of July, only seven were charged with violent crimes, while people charged with drug offenses made up more than half of all bookings. At least 35 people were charged with drug offenses, mostly small-time trafficking, while three more were charged with drug possession while arrested for another crime.
The most common drug charges were sale of cocaine (11), followed by sale/trafficking in controlled substances (10), violation of drug court rules (4), possession of a controlled substance (3), and possession of cocaine (2). The day also saw single counts of possession of meth, sale of meth, manufacture of meth, sale of marijuana, and possession of marijuana.
Six people were arrested on unspecified probation violation or failure to appear charges. Some unknown portion of those were likely originally arrested on drug charges.
Only three people arrested on drug charges were also arresting on other criminal charges at the same time, one for burglary and drug possession, one for solicitation to commit prostitution and drug possession, and one for hindering a firefighter and drug possession. While drug use could be a factor in other charges filed, such as the five accused burglars below, they apparently weren't carrying drugs when committing those crimes.
Of the 23 people charged with other than drug offenses, only seven were charged with crimes of violence. Four faced charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one was charged with strong-arm robbery, one with robbery by assault, and one with intimidating a witness.
Three people were charges with status offenses -- acts that would not be a crime except for their having previous criminal convictions. One was charged with failure to register as a sex offender and two with felon in possession of a firearm.
(clip)
Hey Sherlock: FOCUS, pay attention. Topic is SHOOTINGS in Chicago.

How many public SHOOTINGS in Volusia County Florida. There might be a drug problem but how many shoot outs or SHOOTINGS in public with collateral damage in Volusia County Florida. The drugs gangs might be killing each other in Florida but they are far less public about it.

Chicago seems to be the only American city with regular public SHOOTINGS/shootouts. The criminals in Chicago seem to feel free to conduct their " business " out in public without regard to bystanders.

How is it that a STATE with some of the most pro gun laws in the country has far less SHOOTOUTS/SHOOTINGS in PUBLIC than ONE CITY with some of the harshest anti gun laws in the country.

sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#61 Sep 23, 2013
CrybabyRepublicans wrote:
<quoted text>4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? Are you all for living in a police state? You teabaggers want our Constitution defended that means ALL the amendments, not just some. So practice what you preach. Welfare recipients are Americans too and they too deserve the protection of our Constitution. You can't pick and choose what amendments you want to honor.
If the welfare recipient signs off on drug testing as a condition of receiving benefits they basically signed a contract which states they must subject themselves to drug testing.

People currently on welfare have a better case against drug testing the new applicants because it was not a condition of receiving benefits when they signed up.

The states will probably get away with drug testing just like employers get away with drug testing as a condition of employment.

A place like Chicago might rationalize drug testing for welfare recipients saying the drug business including addicts and gangs contribute to the bulk of crime and killings in Chicago. They could say if they cut off the demand the gang wars over drugs will cease. That's just a possibility.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#62 Sep 23, 2013
I guarantee if you give an addict the choice between getting tested or losing their check they will volunteer to take the test. There is nothing in the Constitution that says able bodied people are entitled to the welfare earned by another American. If you are truly needy the Government should take very good care of you, house you pay for food, hospitalization, but not for generations. Say 3 years while you learn a vocation., You are not entitle to lay around for the rest of your life while other people must work, and pay taxes to take care of you.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#63 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sherlock: FOCUS, pay attention. Topic is SHOOTINGS in Chicago.
Follow the thread, dear.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#64 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sherlock: FOCUS, pay attention. Topic is SHOOTINGS in Chicago.
How many public SHOOTINGS in Volusia County Florida.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

So let's see... you cry about staying on Chicago shootings and move to Florida in the very next breath.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#65 Sep 23, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Chicago seems to be the only American city with regular public SHOOTINGS/shootouts.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So you cry and whine that you want to stay on topic and then you start talking about Florida and then you start talking about drugs and now you want to compare Chicago to other cites!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

So when we slap the snot out of you for making the stupidest statement on Topic on Sept.23, 2013, remember what I said: follow the thread!

HAHAHAAHAHAH!

Here you go, Shug: shots are fired in this park EVERY DAY!

http://www.grand-island.com/index.aspx...
mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#66 Sep 24, 2013
Typical black ghetto ....killing each other left and right. I say do an airdrop of ammo and the the savages kill each other.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68 Sep 24, 2013
mike wrote:
Typical black ghetto ....killing each other left and right. I say do an airdrop of ammo and the the savages kill each other.
As opposed to Frisco when so many man love each other.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#69 Sep 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to Frisco when so many man love each other.
It's sanctuary to illegal immigrants is the reason for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,153,977
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min positronium 293,680
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 3 min mjjcpa 343
Paul slams Rubio as 'isolationist' on Cuba 3 min GOP-FOX-y-Fiends 13
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Feces for wiccans 306,977
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Low Plains Sodbus... 165,433
US Government, Inc. LLC 5 min Faith-Healer 1
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 9 min mjjcpa 651
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 30 min woodtick57 2,410
More from around the web