Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites onlin...

Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites online debate

There are 887 comments on the TheBostonChannel.com story from Feb 3, 2014, titled Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites online debate. In it, TheBostonChannel.com reports that:

Coca-Cola's Super Bowl commercial Sunday night was at first glance a moving tribute to America's diversity, featuring a full minute of ordinary people of different races and ethnicity doing ordinary American activities, as the classic song "America the Beautiful" plays throughout the ad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheBostonChannel.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#21 Feb 3, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America, if they want to sing in their language they can do it in their own country!
what a bigot you are! my what a mouth the little coke can opener has gotten on her...

hey haven't you said like ten times now you were done responding to me? guess your word don't mean shit...but then i knew that already.(most bigot's words don't...)

St. Croix valley

#22 Feb 3, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY! How dare you call me a tool.
how dare i? oh dear...just a statement of fact...
de vinci coke

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#23 Feb 3, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
I didn't see it, was it as bad as the Bob Dylan ad?
U insure?!!;-000h, do U c Dr. Pepsi ad?;)
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#24 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps yo misunderstood what i was pointing out when i mentioned the gay couple...
No i understood what you were saying and I loved the ad. It was beautiful.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#25 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what a bigot you are! my what a mouth the little coke can opener has gotten on her...
hey haven't you said like ten times now you were done responding to me? guess your word don't mean shit...but then i knew that already.(most bigot's words don't...)
You still didn't reply to me on the other thread where I posted facts and a source about the Fed, instead you ran away. You like to insult people and play the expert, too bad for you nobody takes you seriously. Do us all a favor and shut your mouth, and take that nasty attitude and shove it!
sandy1

Southold, NY

#26 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how dare i? oh dear...just a statement of fact...
You wouldn't know a fact if it punched you in the mouth!
spud

Girardville, PA

#27 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is a song called China the Beautiful?
you really are an idiot, aren't you?
Of course there's a song called China the Beautiful. It was written by Fook Yew. I thought you liberals had some knowledge. I guess I'm going to have to dumb down my responses if I expect you lefties to understand what I'm saying.

St. Croix valley

#28 Feb 3, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You still didn't reply to me on the other thread where I posted facts and a source about the Fed, instead you ran away. You like to insult people and play the expert, too bad for you nobody takes you seriously. Do us all a favor and shut your mouth, and take that nasty attitude and shove it!
i thought you weren't going to respond to me...you said so yourself many times so why would i have checked back.

what would you like to know about the fed, dear?

St. Croix valley

#29 Feb 3, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there's a song called China the Beautiful. It was written by Fook Yew. I thought you liberals had some knowledge. I guess I'm going to have to dumb down my responses if I expect you lefties to understand what I'm saying.
who is a liberal?

you need to smarten up yourself. little man. and your wit...it sucks

St. Croix valley

#30 Feb 3, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
No i understood what you were saying and I loved the ad. It was beautiful.
so did i. so why would you think i would have a problem with a gay couple in the ad?
got ball

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#31 Feb 3, 2014
mov on kiddle;) Marchmadness NCAA basketball coming soonn!!;-000
sandy1

Southold, NY

#32 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought you weren't going to respond to me...you said so yourself many times so why would i have checked back.
what would you like to know about the fed, dear?
I already told you, scumbag. Is this the best you can come up with? You are not helping yourself by making these idiotic replies, of course nobody takes you seriously anyway.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#33 Feb 3, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
Wow, I can count on one hand those rabid folks on topix who will rant, rile and rage about the Coke ad.
Don't buy the drink if a song beautifully sang offends you and you believe the song makes you become "un-American" .
Jingoism and insular ...
Small minds fear all outside of their narrow confines.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#34 Feb 3, 2014
What a great idea -- singing America the Beautiful in multiple languages.
The commercial showed our varied cultural/ethnic diversity, yet at the same time it conveyed a sense pride in the fact that in spite of that diversity we are still one people.
spud

Girardville, PA

#35 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who is a liberal?
you need to smarten up yourself. little man. and your wit...it sucks
Tic, you're a flamer. Don't try to deny it. What is a wit...it?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>These are the same rabid bigots that would ridicule Jesus for speaking Aramaic, looking like a hippie and not having a job.
lol!!

St. Croix valley

#37 Feb 3, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you, scumbag. Is this the best you can come up with? You are not helping yourself by making these idiotic replies, of course nobody takes you seriously anyway.
told me what? that made no sense in response to my post...

go open some coke cans dear....

if you had something relevant to say about the fed, you would have here...

St. Croix valley

#38 Feb 3, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Tic, you're a flamer. Don't try to deny it. What is a wit...it?
you don't know what wit is? and you wonder why i think you are stupid as fuck? really?

you know i am not sexual, but you also know i fully support SSM and the fact that homosexuality is a natural, normal part of humanity, so calling me gay isn't really an insult...

you really are striking out, tater tot...

try some education...i doubt it will help at this late hour, but it might help..
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#39 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so did i. so why would you think i would have a problem with a gay couple in the ad?
From your previous comments, I would believe you are more inclusive than some of the folks on topix.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#40 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> told me what? that made no sense in response to my post...
go open some coke cans dear....
if you had something relevant to say about the fed, you would have here...
Not only are you Pathetic, but also a liar and really boring. You are Dismissed, go keep your gay lover company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 15 min River Tam 6,137
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,729
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 8,610
News James Comey fired as FBI director 1 hr Breaking News 2,862
News 'Climate change musical' is cited as tax waste ... 1 hr UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 20
News Daycare worker, 23, is charged with the murder 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 1
News Reports: Comey knew Clinton email info was fake... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 270,568
News The Latest: Democrats launch ads on Montana bod... 4 hr Ronald 93
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 hr RiccardoFire 1,536,113
More from around the web