Capitol Steps in comedy overdrive during shutdown

Oct 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

"The first thing I thought of was, nonessential personnel? So why is Congress still here?" said Elaina Newport, a writer at the venerable Washington comedy group the Capitol Steps.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

here is the real joke: Boehner has told his tea-bagging colleagues that he is determined to prevent a federal default... look who's blinking, LOL... Never bet against BLACK.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If the pay and benefits of these Congress people
stopped because of the shutdown, there wouldn't
be one.

Example:

If they cut off Michelle Bachmann's congressional salary, her benefits and the government checks she
gets for her "family farm" ($250,000), I can
guarantee she wouldn't be celebrating the shutdown.
She'd be on her knees with tears in her eyes.

These shutdown azzholes are such
chickensh*t hypocrites.

Republicans are pure filth.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

People can see that Democrats refusing funding bills for NIH, WIC and other issues affecting the most needy are simply clear expressions of how Democrats are monsters will to inflict pain to keep full funding for a bill no one read and that was passed by a Politburo type government by one Party with no bipartisanship. The very essence of that is tyranny. Democrats have been a threat to Constitutional government for forty years.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This Just In.
Give Barry his way or Social Security will be taken away.
... after the laughter stops.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
People can see that Democrats refusing funding bills for NIH, WIC and other issues affecting the most needy are simply clear expressions of how Democrats are monsters will to inflict pain to keep full funding for a bill no one read and that was passed by a Politburo type government by one Party with no bipartisanship. The very essence of that is tyranny. Democrats have been a threat to Constitutional government for forty years.
You walk backwards too??????????

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just more Kabuki Theater.

Washington DC = Show Business for ugly people.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
People can see that Democrats refusing funding bills for NIH, WIC and other issues affecting the most needy are simply clear expressions of how Democrats are monsters will to inflict pain to keep full funding for a bill no one read and that was passed by a Politburo type government by one Party with no bipartisanship. The very essence of that is tyranny. Democrats have been a threat to Constitutional government for forty years.
Republicans are the ones celebrating the shutdown.
They're enjoying every minute of it.
Couldn't be more fun. Yippeeee!

You gotta ask yourself how a relative handful
of tea party Nazis in the House can bring down our
government and destroy our democratic process.
1 post removed
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are the ones celebrating the shutdown.
They're enjoying every minute of it.
Couldn't be more fun. Yippeeee!
You gotta ask yourself how a relative handful
of tea party Nazis in the House can bring down our
government and destroy our democratic process.
Your exhibitionism of Leftists being liars is showing. Republicans have attempted to fund NIH, WIC and other pertinent programs; Democrats have refused to allow it. Now, your President is attempting to depress the stock market. It's all on Democrats; they're tyrants and refuse bipartisanship always now. Just like the Nazis in the Wiemar Republic. Study your history.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Your exhibitionism of Leftists being liars is showing. Republicans have attempted to fund NIH, WIC and other pertinent programs; Democrats have refused to allow it. Now, your President is attempting to depress the stock market. It's all on Democrats; they're tyrants and refuse bipartisanship always now. Just like the Nazis in the Wiemar Republic. Study your history.
If the Republicans want to fund these programs all they
have to do is pass the Continuing Resolution in the House,
pass it on to the Senate and then to Obama.

But, they are standing in the way of funding the government.
Boehner will not even let his Mouse Republicans have a vote.
Heywood Jablomee

Warrington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Your exhibitionism of Leftists being liars is showing. Republicans have attempted to fund NIH, WIC and other pertinent programs; Democrats have refused to allow it. Now, your President is attempting to depress the stock market. It's all on Democrats; they're tyrants and refuse bipartisanship always now. Just like the Nazis in the Wiemar Republic. Study your history.
Put down the crack pipe and stop watching beckerhead while fondling yourself!
Boo Koo Dinky Dow Driver

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 3, 2013
 
Miriam Carey went into overdrive too. Must not have thought there was anything comical about it.
3 posts removed

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 4, 2013
 
Kahoki wrote:
Just more Kabuki Theater.
Washington DC = Show Business for ugly people.
with War ships and armor proof bullets.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>with War ships and armor proof bullets.
Yep.

And the sad part. The people fall for it every single time.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 4, 2013
 
That is what happens when a politician has Never had to TRY in life, or often to the children of wealthy people and celebrities.
The White House has a brat.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 4, 2013
 
Is it not strange that the Speaker of the
Republican House will not let his fellow
Republicans have a vote on the C.R.?

Boehner is pissed at the Democrats for holding
things up, but he won't allow a vote to take
place in the House that his party controls.

It's the fault of the Democrats that the Speaker
of the House won't let his fellow Republicans
have a vote?

Guffaw!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 10, 2013
 
A vindictive pResident Obama wants to make America suffer until he has his way.
Very Mature.
Mr david mark

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 10, 2013
 
Hello, my dear brothers and sisters, are you in need of a loan? If yes then contact us now for a loan transfer. Davidmarkloanfunds@gmail.com
Mr david mark

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 10, 2013
 
An urgent loan offer apply now at 2% interest rate::davidmarkloanfunds@gmail .com

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 13, 2013
 
Gary wrote:
If the pay and benefits of these Congress people
stopped because of the shutdown, there wouldn't
be one.

Example:

If they cut off Michelle Bachmann's congressional salary, her benefits and the government checks she
gets for her "family farm" ($250,000), I can
guarantee she wouldn't be celebrating the shutdown.
She'd be on her knees with tears in her eyes.

These shutdown azzholes are such
chickensh*t hypocrites.

Republicans are pure filth.
Call it comedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,077,999
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 min JWRussell USRN 21,325
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Poof1 51,976
Lawmakers Call for More Transparency in Port-of... 9 min Imperial Chicano 1
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Posiposter 243,053
Jon Stewart to Hillary Clinton: No one cares ab... 11 min Cat74 49
Justices: Can't make employers cover contraception 14 min SirPrize 236
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Cornelius Scudmister 145,976
•••
•••