Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds

Jul 8, 2014 Full story: KIDK CBS 3 331

President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $3.7 billion in emergency funds to better respond to the influx of immigrants illegally crossing the border into Texas, White House officials said Tuesday.

Full Story

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#307 Aug 4, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Too many dishonest trolls on Topix, anymore.....Good Luck....
The pot calls the kettle black...priceless

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#308 Aug 4, 2014
Isn't that special...Thanks Obama....

RECORD NUMBER OF ILLEGALS FROM SYRIA, PAKISTAN, AFGHANISTAN BEING CAUGHT AT BORDER

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

LEAKED CBP REPORT SHOWS ENTIRE WORLD EXPLOITING OPEN US BORDER

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#309 Aug 4, 2014
blade007 wrote:
<quoted text>

What to talk about lies, OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =W20khPPhmJEXX

Watch something other than Fox!
Ditto with Chris Matthews!

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/13/chri...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#310 Aug 4, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>

You invest for a longer a term longer than one day...

at least i hope you do...

How about the last 5 years?
Tell that to "Go Blue Forever" he's the one that was raving about how great the Stock Market was doing the day before it lost 300 points!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#311 Aug 4, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to "Go Blue Forever" he's the one that was raving about how great the Stock Market was doing the day before it lost 300 points!
I will ask Blue ... what time frame he was talking about.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#312 Aug 4, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get the part, where MARKET'S FLUCTUATE?.....Also....THAT WHEN INVESTORS CASH OUT, THE POINTS GO DOWN?...

Location hidden

#313 Aug 4, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask Blue ... what time frame he was talking about.
HOW FUN WAS THIS WEEKEND, EH?.......lol.....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#314 Aug 4, 2014
http://jpupdates.com/2014/08/03/ann-coulter-w...

“This is our border here. And you keep saying and I mean, I agree, I wish we could have Netanyahu as our president. But how would America react if these missiles were being shot into our country?

“Well, I’ll tell you how America would react to what’s happening in Israel right now. More than 100 tunnels have been found on our border to smuggle in weapons, guns, they’re invading, they’re murdering, they’re raping.

“The head of the D.E.A. said about a year ago that he thinks the surge of homicide in Chicago, is a Mexican drug cartel. We are being invaded. And I just wish people would talk about our border the way at least people like you and I talk about, the way we talk about Israel’s border. We need a Netanyahu here. Can you imagine?

“I mean, yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed. That’s because they are associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel. And Netanyahu doesn’t care what the religious leaders say weeping about Palestinian children. He doesn’t care what the U.N. says. He doesn’t care what the media says. We are a country. We have borders. And Netanyahu enforces them. Why can’t we do that in America?”
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#315 Aug 4, 2014
Pissed in Californina wrote:
I'm tired of hearing 'oh, they're trying to escape the violence'. We have violence in the cities in our own country.
Guess "their violence" is worse than "our violence"?

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#316 Aug 4, 2014
Jujubead wrote:
<quoted text>
And it could have been avoided if congress just did their jobs. What kind of party says there is a problem but does nothing to fix it. Not one single thing. Hope you would open your eyes and see that this is a problem that affects both major parties. They don't work for us, only themselves and trying to make the other side look bad.
Had congress did their job in the first place then this shit wouldn't be happening. By the way, the legal citizens always ante up for this. No one in congress or government will use their own funds. This is why they should be held accountable instead of just blaming one person as they always do. The president doesn't make laws. Congress and the house does and they aren't doing anything so don't shit on the only person doing something
I agree with you on everything you posted except for this comment at the end.

"so don't shit on the only person doing something"

The president is not doing a single thing and has not since he has been in office.
He does not lead. He creates division amongst the masses.
He mocks the Republicans and appeases the Democrats.

Obama had control of both houses the first 2 years of his term. What did he accomplish?
He and you cannot blame the Republicans for the first two years of his Administration.
He got Obama care passed with no one knowing what exactly was in it. Democrats admitted in shame, that they did not read it prior to voting for it. They admitted regrets in doing so. Still, those regrets do not change the fact, this ACA really isn't all that affordable, you can't keep the same doctor, you have higher premiums and co-pays, and the coverage is less. The ACA has caused layoffs across the nation as small business owners simply cannot afford the ACA. Hours have been cut for employees which has an impact on any pension plans they may have had.

President Obama is not a leader. He is a community organizer and all he has accomplished in his "organizational skills" is destruction, and yes, he has earned all the "shittin" on he is getting.

Congress and President Obama deserve to be held equally accountable for their failures of not getting anything accomplished as far as our economy and lack of border security and enforcing the laws on the books. We owe our own people first and foremost over outsiders who come illegally.

Location hidden

#317 Aug 4, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess "their violence" is worse than "our violence"?
Does it really matter if it is?

Location hidden

#318 Aug 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
http://jpupdates.com/2014/08/0 3/ann-coulter-wish-netanyahu-p resident-video/
“This is our border here. And you keep saying and I mean, I agree, I wish we could have Netanyahu as our president. But how would America react if these missiles were being shot into our country?
“Well, I’ll tell you how America would react to what’s happening in Israel right now. More than 100 tunnels have been found on our border to smuggle in weapons, guns, they’re invading, they’re murdering, they’re raping.
“The head of the D.E.A. said about a year ago that he thinks the surge of homicide in Chicago, is a Mexican drug cartel. We are being invaded. And I just wish people would talk about our border the way at least people like you and I talk about, the way we talk about Israel’s border. We need a Netanyahu here. Can you imagine?
“I mean, yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed. That’s because they are associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel. And Netanyahu doesn’t care what the religious leaders say weeping about Palestinian children. He doesn’t care what the U.N. says. He doesn’t care what the media says. We are a country. We have borders. And Netanyahu enforces them. Why can’t we do that in America?”
"Why can’t we do that in America?”"

Because our government stopped working for the people decades ago and shifted the winds where they work for themselves and tell the people what they "think" is in our best interest.

We need to get the lawyers and the rich out of Congress as they are the problem. We need to stop pulling the party lines

Since: Jun 14

Bethlehem, PA

#319 Aug 4, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on everything you posted except for this comment at the end.
"so don't shit on the only person doing something"
The president is not doing a single thing and has not since he has been in office.
He does not lead. He creates division amongst the masses.
He mocks the Republicans and appeases the Democrats.
Obama had control of both houses the first 2 years of his term. What did he accomplish?
He and you cannot blame the Republicans for the first two years of his Administration.
He got Obama care passed with no one knowing what exactly was in it. Democrats admitted in shame, that they did not read it prior to voting for it. They admitted regrets in doing so. Still, those regrets do not change the fact, this ACA really isn't all that affordable, you can't keep the same doctor, you have higher premiums and co-pays, and the coverage is less. The ACA has caused layoffs across the nation as small business owners simply cannot afford the ACA. Hours have been cut for employees which has an impact on any pension plans they may have had.
President Obama is not a leader. He is a community organizer and all he has accomplished in his "organizational skills" is destruction, and yes, he has earned all the "shittin" on he is getting.
Congress and President Obama deserve to be held equally accountable for their failures of not getting anything accomplished as far as our economy and lack of border security and enforcing the laws on the books. We owe our own people first and foremost over outsiders who come illegally.
I guess the difference here is that back then the economy was at the fore front. No one wanted to discuss immigration reform. Today it's different. A lot of groups, businesses and churches are saying to update the law. The public is more receptive to it today than 4years ago

Location hidden

#320 Aug 4, 2014
blade007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the difference here is that back then the economy was at the fore front. No one wanted to discuss immigration reform. Today it's different. A lot of groups, businesses and churches are saying to update the law. The public is more receptive to it today than 4years ago
When Bush was in office and the illegal aliens with the command of La Raza, Maldef and other pro-illegal organizations, many people became educated and saw what damage can and will be done if we do not stop this influx of illegal aliens.

The businesses who want the "law updated" are businesses like Microsoft, Google and other "tech" companies as they want the cheaper salary of a foreign visa holder over our own college educated. Churches (I will tread lightly) want more people in their congregation to fill the basket that is passed around so the priests, monsignors, etc can increase their lifestyle.

We need Americans holding office, not career politicians and lawyers. We need term limits nationwide. 8 years suffice imo. And no crossing back and forth from representative to senator.
No pensions or health care for elected officials at any level of government.

Location hidden

#321 Aug 4, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Do you get the part, where MARKET'S FLUCTUATE?.....Also....THAT WHEN INVESTORS CASH OUT, THE POINTS GO DOWN?...
And why are investors cashing out? Hmmm!

Since: Jun 14

Bethlehem, PA

#322 Aug 4, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
When Bush was in office and the illegal aliens with the command of La Raza, Maldef and other pro-illegal organizations, many people became educated and saw what damage can and will be done if we do not stop this influx of illegal aliens.
The businesses who want the "law updated" are businesses like Microsoft, Google and other "tech" companies as they want the cheaper salary of a foreign visa holder over our own college educated. Churches (I will tread lightly) want more people in their congregation to fill the basket that is passed around so the priests, monsignors, etc can increase their lifestyle.
We need Americans holding office, not career politicians and lawyers. We need term limits nationwide. 8 years suffice imo. And no crossing back and forth from representative to senator.
No pensions or health care for elected officials at any level of government.
There should absolutely be term limits so we can get rid of some of them crazies in there!
Pissed Californian

Los Angeles, CA

#323 Aug 4, 2014
sam curnutte wrote:
Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto needs to be held responsible
for United States border and immigration problems.
Sam
Good point Sam, push the illegls back across the border and tell the illegals that he Mexican goverfnment will take care of them.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#324 Aug 4, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> HOW FUN WAS THIS WEEKEND, EH?.......lol.....
I have had better..... the thursday and friday down maket was tough.......
Today gained near every penny back...so don't get over heated about one days result...
Beyond that the soccer result was disppointing....
God bless.... jim kelly

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#325 Aug 4, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of it is seasonal old Wall Street wisdom includes 'After May ..go away'
And some of it is due to genuine dark clouds

investor jitters come from a lot of sources....Here is the point of view of THE Bear...

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_261951...

Location hidden

#326 Aug 4, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like one would withdraw a large sum....boat, car, real estate is strong in good weather......even to buy something else....Many investors are in the market now....i like index funds....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min NorCal Native 57,301
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min R C Honey 308,050
Boehnera s invitation to Netanyahu backfires on... 9 min Quirky 56
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min haa 168,647
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min OzRitz 50,471
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 41 min Agents of Corruption 305,542
Climate change scientists predicted monster sto... 46 min Fair Game 19
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 1 hr Bob 148
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 1 hr Your Ex 778
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr American Citizen 1,174,241
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 3 hr mjjcpa 69
More from around the web