Bypassing Congress, Obama offers new ...

Bypassing Congress, Obama offers new gun control rules

There are 280 comments on the KBCI CBS 2 story from Aug 29, 2013, titled Bypassing Congress, Obama offers new gun control rules. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

Striving to take action where Congress would not, the Obama administration announced new steps Thursday on gun control, curbing the import of military surplus weapons and proposing to close a little-known loophole that lets felons and others circumvent background checks by registering guns to corporations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#267 Sep 3, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You, sir, madam, or other, are a dimwit.
Larry ,if you act like Hitler do it right.

Your game plan is the same as his and of course you are an un-American POS.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#268 Sep 3, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Larry ,if you act like Hitler do it right.
Your game plan is the same as his and of course you are an un-American POS.
The cleaners called. Your hood is ready.
1 post removed
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#270 Sep 4, 2013
people died obama lied wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry...but merely being born doesn't give me any rights....being born to two AMERICAN CITIZENS gives me all the rights contained in the bill of rights...get the picture
You have swallowed the lie concerning your rights.
Reread these words.
"We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

That sentence says that we are born with these rights inherent in our beings. That sentence says that we all are born with certain rights already intact. That sentence says that we came to be in possession of our natural rights by simply being born.
You better reexamine how you came to believe otherwise.
Right from the very beginning, it was made clear how we came to be in possession of these rights. Your belief that they were somehow written into existance is not only a very dangerous position to take, it is downright treasonable to the principles of a true American. Your beliefs about where our rights come from is incorrect. It says so right in the very beginning of the works left us by the founders.
Cat74

United States

#271 Sep 4, 2013
Only Americans have these rights. People born in this country, or who are legally naturalized into America. No illegal aliens, no people of questionable parentage. Americans. There is something wrong when people are so ashamed of their parents they hide their Birth Certificate.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#272 Sep 4, 2013
poeticjustice wrote:
<quoted text>You rightwing nuts luv 2 cherry pick the bible when its babies & life in the womb,but when 20 innocent babies get killed like in newtown you RUN& HIDE YOUR BIBLES,THEN pull out your 2nd amendment rights. God cares about ALL life clueless jackass!!Repubs will use trayvon & blk thugs 2 distact from the fact there's white crzy ppl who shoot up schools & corp thugs who are robbing america. MOST OF ALL you will never hear the religious right say they wanna help stop blk violence & save lives,cause there FAKE CHRISTIANS. People like you don't care when crzy ,mentaly ill,criminals,or terrorist uses the 2nd amendment 2 TAKE INNOCENT LIFE. Keep in mind THE REPUBS PARTY ARE THE BIG TIME BIBLE THRUMPERS FAKES NOT DEMS,but when u measure REPUBS by the word of GOD they don't measure up. They don't giv a crap about innocent life.
DEMS are just as full of crap as REPUBS. An inconvenient truth for tools like yourself.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#273 Sep 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Only Americans have these rights. People born in this country, or who are legally naturalized into America. No illegal aliens, no people of questionable parentage. Americans. There is something wrong when people are so ashamed of their parents they hide their Birth Certificate.
Utter nonsense.
ALL people have these rights and they too were born with them intact. You make the mistake of thinking that the withholding and/or the infringment of their natural rights is the same as not having them, and that only Americans have natural rights. You are simply mistaken.
What do you think that the "human rights" outcry over Syria is all about on Capitol Hill today anyway?

It is unsettling to learn that many conservatives in this country think their natural rights were written into being, and then try to use it as some sort of elevated moral position over others that were not so lucky as to live here ... no matter how they got here.

reread it again;
"we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."

Please point out the words that support your claim that only Americans have basic human natural rights.
Cat74

United States

#274 Sep 4, 2013
No, all people are not covered by the U S Constitution. Only real Americans. Why would we open our country to every deadbeat in the world?
CTM

New Milford, CT

#275 Sep 4, 2013
When it comes to the democRats, nobody is covered by the Constitution. You have the jew democRat Senate Judiciary Committee that seems to have gotten its' playbook from right here in Newtown. If you don't like it, get a law changed. Even if its' the most illegal thing going nobody will be able to outspend the government changing it. You get all the gov't offices onboard with a few raises and extra benefits, add in some occasional cash, and your lawyer will be doing circles from school to grave. If you need to re-write history, steal the founding papers and corresponding documents and "reconstruct" the file.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#276 Sep 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
No, all people are not covered by the U S Constitution. Only real Americans. Why would we open our country to every deadbeat in the world?
You are not that dense, so surely you can grasp what was actually said.
I did not say foreigners are covered under our constitution.
I said that ALL people all over the world are born with their unalienable rights intact.
Unalienable rights are sometimes called natural rights, or negative rights in law.
When a human is in a "state of natural law", their "natural rights" negate any and all man made laws that say such things like,'you can not kill and eat a California Condor because they are an endangered species'. A person's natural rights, which we ALL possess from birth, trump any and all man made laws, and we ALL possess them.

Again I ask you. What do you think all the fervor is about concerning "human rights" when it pertains to the current debate about going into Syria? What do you think ANY claim of "human rights violations" in a foreign country are all about? Those outcries are about the natural rights of people all over the world who live under tyranny and their basic human and natural rights are being withheld or infringed upon.
Those are NOT rights granted to only an American citizen because of our founding documents. Those claims are a direct reference to where those documents say:
"We hold these truths to be self evident..."
That means that people the world over can see it is true.

"...that all men are created equal..."
There it is ... ALL men are thusly created, NOT just Americans.

"...that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."
We ALL get these same rights by simply being born human.

"...that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
There ya go ... basic human rights ... natural rights ... unalienale rights (which means that they are impossible to remove from)

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#277 Sep 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I think we have already done that.
people died obama lied

Newnan, GA

#278 Sep 4, 2013
poeticjustice wrote:
<quoted text>You rightwing nuts luv 2 cherry pick the bible when its babies & life in the womb,but when 20 innocent babies get killed like in newtown you RUN& HIDE YOUR BIBLES,THEN pull out your 2nd amendment rights. God cares about ALL life clueless jackass!!Repubs will use trayvon & blk thugs 2 distact from the fact there's white crzy ppl who shoot up schools & corp thugs who are robbing america. MOST OF ALL you will never hear the religious right say they wanna help stop blk violence & save lives,cause there FAKE CHRISTIANS. People like you don't care when crzy ,mentaly ill,criminals,or terrorist uses the 2nd amendment 2 TAKE INNOCENT LIFE. Keep in mind THE REPUBS PARTY ARE THE BIG TIME BIBLE THRUMPERS FAKES NOT DEMS,but when u measure REPUBS by the word of GOD they don't measure up. They don't giv a crap about innocent life.
What????? get one thing straight you fucking left wing moron...I don't give a shit if you like to have your boyfriends dick up your ass or your sister wants to abort her kids...I'm pro choice and could give a shit if you are gay. Also I DON'T OWN A BIBLE. I am sick and tired of pumping trillions of dollars into "the great society" experiment of you left wing scumbag demobastards with nothing to show but more blacks on welfare and food stamps. I don't care if they kill each other. The second amendment is to ensure a FREE STATE...get it turd face....it is evident that you constitution hating uneducated shit heads don't want freedom you want serfdom...well you can shove that up your ass. Keep up your demands of gun control and you will find the muzzle of my .308 shoved down your throat. trayvon was a thug piece of shit who got what he deserved...funny how it was an obama voter who ended trayvons life. One less filthy tax payer sucking miscreant to worry about
people died obama lied

Newnan, GA

#279 Sep 4, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not that dense, so surely you can grasp what was actually said.
I did not say foreigners are covered under our constitution.
I said that ALL people all over the world are born with their unalienable rights intact.
Unalienable rights are sometimes called natural rights, or negative rights in law.
When a human is in a "state of natural law", their "natural rights" negate any and all man made laws that say such things like,'you can not kill and eat a California Condor because they are an endangered species'. A person's natural rights, which we ALL possess from birth, trump any and all man made laws, and we ALL possess them.
Again I ask you. What do you think all the fervor is about concerning "human rights" when it pertains to the current debate about going into Syria? What do you think ANY claim of "human rights violations" in a foreign country are all about? Those outcries are about the natural rights of people all over the world who live under tyranny and their basic human and natural rights are being withheld or infringed upon.
Those are NOT rights granted to only an American citizen because of our founding documents. Those claims are a direct reference to where those documents say:
"We hold these truths to be self evident..."
That means that people the world over can see it is true.
"...that all men are created equal..."
There it is ... ALL men are thusly created, NOT just Americans.
"...that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."
We ALL get these same rights by simply being born human.
"...that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
There ya go ... basic human rights ... natural rights ... unalienale rights (which means that they are impossible to remove from)
My constitution ends at our nations boundaries...all men are CREATED equally...it ends at their creation!! Go peddle your new world order shit someplace else
1 post removed
CTM

New Milford, CT

#281 Sep 4, 2013
Maybe George could explain it to you.
AnswersRus

Lander, WY

#282 Sep 5, 2013
people died obama lied wrote:
<quoted text>My constitution ends at our nations boundaries...all men are CREATED equally...it ends at their creation!! Go peddle your new world order shit someplace else
Maybe you could benefit from actually reading what was written and you just may learn that you are 180 degrees off base there guvnor. You are addressing one of the most anti-NWO people there is.
BTW Mr. Lied, Those words concerning being created equal and all, are not from the Constitution. They are from the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, and they form the basis for just how our governmental structure is to secure and guarantee that our government would avoid infringing upon those same rights.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#283 Sep 6, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what YOU say.
As to gun safety, teaching kids not to pick up or handle ANYTHING which might be a real gun is the proper method. Also to report such things to the nearest adults, especially if other kids are looking at or messing around with the gun.
Safety around guns is avoiding them. Teaching a kid about guns is the best way to get them curious and encourage them to pick up and handle unfamiliar guns.
Thirty seconds video; three year old shoots AR-15:

&fe ature=PlayList&p=56B9CF5BB 0BCC0A9&playnext=1&pla ynext_from=PL&index=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cat74

United States

#284 Sep 6, 2013
If this President continues to bypass Congress the American people can bypass the President. He is not a King, and needs to be ignored if he ignores our law making body.
alan

Livonia, LA

#285 Sep 6, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, genius, that's the RIGHTIE point of view you've got hold of there, I'm afraid. Liberals have wanted to control guns, to keep them out of people's hands, and however ineffective or misguided those efforts, they clearly indicate that liberals do not want African-Americans to kill one another.
The Right doesn't care or, as in your case, actively supports the killing. It's part of your racist agenda.
hopefully this great post will be put on your head stone soon!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#286 Sep 7, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not possibly care less which "way it goes" for you. The opinions of wackjob extremists should be ignored, or laughed at.
"The opinions of wackjob extremists should be ignored, or laughed at."

OK...ROTFLMAO at you.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#287 Sep 7, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is using guns to oust the President, you shameless seditionist. That's just right-wing hysteria.
Too many guns = too much gun violence. More guns means more guns accessible to gang thugs and the like.
THINK.
"Too many guns = too much gun violence."

Check the new Harvard study...you're wrong...no surprise.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#288 Sep 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Not totally true. "only real Americans"...?...it covers all those people in the United States legally...and in some cases even those illegally...to include foreign nationals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Frankendrumpf 239,765
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 6 min oh snap! 71
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 8 min Hillary 2016 364
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 11 min swampmudd 1,579
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,419,819
News Why it Matters: Climate Change 16 min Timmy 1
News Governor's order seeks to make Minnesota more b... 17 min Stephany McDowell 21
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 41 min Surgit Tempestas 7,929
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 52 min Lanny 92
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 393,362
More from around the web