Tea partiers vow revenge

Tea partiers vow revenge

There are 477 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Tea partiers vow revenge. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Tea party activists aren't just angry that Democrats passed a major health care overhaul, they are out for revenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Bring it on Tea baggers.

Don't think those of us that do support Obama and this health care legislation won't be ready.

Again, Bring .... It .... on!

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Sound and fury signifying nothing.
2 posts removed
jauxmama

Irvine, CA

#5 Mar 23, 2010
wow, the censor software deletes the word most commonly used with the words "Saltines" or "Ritz"
jauxmama

Irvine, CA

#6 Mar 23, 2010
let me experiment: I asked my parrot, "Polly want a cracker"?
1 post removed
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#8 Mar 23, 2010
How can any group extract revenge? I think you people are just swinging at the wind. I met 3 TEA partiers at a Town Hall meetng last night, and they were middle-aged, slightly overweight Grandparents. They didn't look threatening to me, unless you are afraid of their votes.
popcorn

Ontario, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2010
The associated press is in hard core protection mode for the democrat party.
simple answer

Long Beach, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2010
CitizenX wrote:
Sound and fury signifying nothing.
Answer. What is the sound teabaggers make?
2 posts removed

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#13 Mar 23, 2010
simple answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer. What is the sound teabaggers make?
You are correct!
dear airheads

Bellflower, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2010
the tea party is coming and you should be afraid of our votes. The people you make fun of are the true majority in this country and while you make sport of it now........enjoy it because come November you will be eating your words and tea bagging my n*ts.

Long Beach, California

#15 Mar 23, 2010
dear airheads wrote:
the tea party is coming and you should be afraid of our votes. The people you make fun of are the true majority in this country and while you make sport of it now........enjoy it because come November you will be eating your words and tea bagging my n*ts.
You know what? Considering what it took to pass health care, it will be well worth it.

But I have a feeling it's not going to go as well for you folks as you think it is. You have to remember, despite how loud you are, we, supporters of Obama and his administration can get louder.

So if we lose a few seats come November .... it was still worth it.

Historic. Absolutely historic.

I wonder how many of you teabaggers would have fought Medicare back in the 60s if we had the internet?

Interesting thought.
Stan

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Mar 23, 2010
Here's a good barometer of just how lame the teabaggers are: Just how dumb must one be to protest government spending and then align oneself with the party that ran up the vast majority of the debt they're protesting by borrowing and spending more of the government's money than any other political party in history?

Not only did the GOP irresponsibly run up the debt and the interest payments required to repay it, they rescinded pay-as-you-go to do it.

Recently, with the teabaggers rants about deficits still ringing in their little ears, the GOP voted lockstep AGAINST re-instituting deficit controlling pay-as-you-go. And yet the teabaggers will identify with the GOP.

If they want debt and deficit reduction they should align with the Dems. Not doing so indicates utter insincerity on the issue of debt.

And what's the GOP going to do for the teabaggers? More tax cuts? If so, for whom? That, of course, raises the debt even further. Then what will the teabaggers do? The teabaggers have already lost on their own biggest issue. Without the debt issue, they're just a collection of right wing nut cases from the lunatic fringe.
1 post removed
litigation

Seal Beach, CA

#18 Mar 23, 2010
LB Citizen wrote:
Bring it on Tea baggers.
Don't think those of us that do support Obama and this health care legislation won't be ready.
Again, Bring .... It .... on!
So it begins ...
"The Constitution nowhere authorizes the United States to mandate, either directly or under threat of penalty, that all citizens and legal residents have qualifying health care coverage," the lawsuit says.
13 AGs sue over health care bill
http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_14740328
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#19 Mar 23, 2010
I think you should take a look at the newest polls about the Democrat leaderships' popularity. The President's approval is at 44%, Sen Reid is an 8%, and he is losing his Senate seat. Madam Pelosis' approval is at 11% Charlie Cook is saying the Majority in the House is in play, and the Democrats could lose as many as 7 Senate seats. The Democrats are on a political suicide mission. There was no bounce to the big win in the House Sunday.
Ed Solis

Surfside, CA

#20 Mar 23, 2010
California kids are really lucky to have these TeaParty folk.

Somebody has to defend our kids as we sure don't.

We think Richardson is all our families deserve.
rabblescrabble

Santa Ana, CA

#21 Mar 23, 2010
dear airheads wrote:
Well, I for one would like to get my order in: I'd like your tea-bagging nuts to be slightly salted, oven-roasted. Mmmmmm, just like Joseph McCarthy used to make!

Long Beach, California

#22 Mar 23, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
I think you should take a look at the newest polls about the Democrat leaderships' popularity. The President's approval is at 44%, Sen Reid is an 8%, and he is losing his Senate seat. Madam Pelosis' approval is at 11% Charlie Cook is saying the Majority in the House is in play, and the Democrats could lose as many as 7 Senate seats. The Democrats are on a political suicide mission. There was no bounce to the big win in the House Sunday.
I read that. Funny, both Reagan and Clinton went through something similar thier first year.

To think that most of unpopularity comes from Beck, Rush and Hannity listeners.

Goes to show the emotional intelligence of our fair nation.
1 post removed
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#24 Mar 23, 2010
I talked to a lady last night that said 10,000 people showed up at a TEA party in New Lenox Illinois. Do I think there are racists in some of those crowds, yes. I saw racists in the Mllion Man March Farrahlkan had a few years. You find them everywhere. That does not mean the whole crowd are racists. Democrats don't have to worry about whether they are racists or not. They have to worry about whether they vote.
Michael Ejercito

Long Beach, CA

#25 Mar 23, 2010
Stan wrote:
Here's a good barometer of just how lame the teabaggers are: Just how dumb must one be to protest government spending and then align oneself with the party that ran up the vast majority of the debt they're protesting by borrowing and spending more of the government's money than any other political party in history?
Not only did the GOP irresponsibly run up the debt and the interest payments required to repay it, they rescinded pay-as-you-go to do it.
By how much did President Obama reduce the deficit?
catcher

Fremont, CA

#26 Mar 23, 2010
For a little perspective (in the midst of fearmongering, insults, rants and threats). Yes, the political pendulum is constantly swinging and it's difficult to predict the results of the next election. But know this: The enactment by Congress Sunday of health reform (signed by our President this morning) is a transformative event, one for the ages. It represents a truly historic, monumental event for our great nation. We can agree with it or not (I do, very strongly), but we cannot deny that it the start of a new day for our society. It truly makes me proud to see that, with hard work, dedication and tenacity, much can be accomplished.
Ed Solis

Surfside, CA

#27 Mar 23, 2010
catcher wrote:
For a little perspective (in the midst of fearmongering, insults, rants and threats). Yes, the political pendulum is constantly swinging and it's difficult to predict the results of the next election. But know this: The enactment by Congress Sunday of health reform (signed by our President this morning) is a transformative event, one for the ages. It represents a truly historic, monumental event for our great nation. We can agree with it or not (I do, very strongly), but we cannot deny that it the start of a new day for our society. It truly makes me proud to see that, with hard work, dedication and tenacity, much can be accomplished.
Catcher. Just imagine how you might feel if this happened and you had CHILDREN to consider. Californian's just keep piling on the debt and our kids won't even stand a pray of a chance to dig out from the mess of pensions and entitlements that we have piled upon them.

Sort of make every California voter seem like a Monster for what we let the Legislature and now the Congress do to the kids future.

If there is a Hell, those who voted for our Legilsative Majority will surely feel the fire. Those votes pretty much label us as the scum of the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min _KENTUCKY_ 6,057
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 5 min Alt right watch 372
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min _KENTUCKY_ 25,640
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Las Cruces Retiree 240,930
News Rep. Maxine Waters takes impeachment campaign t... 32 min EffeminateMaceo 19
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 270,109
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 37 min _KENTUCKY 2,428
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min Cheech the Conser... 1,535,664
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
News James Comey fired as FBI director 2 hr Alt right watch 2,681
More from around the web