Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
17,901 - 17,920 of 32,001 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I just figured it was because Robertson isn't a religious bigot like you.
You know, some folks vote for ideals, not for free stuff.
Romney's ideals (and yours) IS free stuff.

Everyone knows that Romney's number one priority was to pay ZERO taxes FOREVER. That means he would get his entire life in the USA FOR FREE.

That is his wet dream (and yours) because you are all cheapskates and moochers.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You just enjoy running around naked getting strangers to smear oil on you.
I only do that on the beach. I can honestly say I've never ran naked through the Temple.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Pat Robertson on TV discussing the General Petraeus situation. The hypocritical sonofabitch said something to the effect of "he is a man, he works hard and when a very sexy young woman is all over him and throws herself at him, well he will just do what a man does."
The womans fault of course. Not equal blame, but the Jezebels fault. Robertson is an old dirty slut.
I agree. He also ranted against liberals as if they were the devil himself on every broadcast, but right after the election they started saying that GOD CHANGED, and now heís neither a Democrat or Republican. Well he sure was absolutely a Republican before! Maybe people stopped donating which proves which god those people REALLY worship.
It was hard for me to expose Robertson, but after I did some investigating and found out what he really is, I had no choice.
What made it clear that Iím doing the right thing, is simply asking myself if this is the kind of person God wants to be representing Him, and actually speaking for Him, and the answer was clearly no.
He drives people away from Christianity and MUST be exposed.
Iím currently posting about him, with links, at:
(next post)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Godless ministers are destroying America
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TPO49CFD86QLUBF...
US News

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I just figured it was because Robertson isn't a religious bigot like you.
You know, some folks vote for ideals, not for free stuff.
Boy are you dumb, and have just the kind of pea-brain Robertson and his ilk NEED.
Those manipulators would never be so filthy rich if they had to depend on intelligent people who see through them fast.
People:
Read about other ministers who are deceiving people who are not truly Christians, but are deceived into believing they are.
See post 18715 -'ministers'
1 post removed

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So Harry Reid represents the worst kind of Mormon?
Harry Reid represents the worst kind of human...a mean spirited leftist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy.
Your Messiah aka snotty little brat Romney is out in public for the first time since his face was smacked into the ground by the American public whining about the state of the world.
He is such a crappy little characterless clod of dirt...just your kind of God.
"Blah de blahdy blah blah" - OregonSUX

I only wanted Romney to be President. You've got Barack Obama to be your god.

Small minds think alike, and voted for Barack Obama.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You just enjoy running around naked getting strangers to smear oil on you.
Who wouldn't enjoy that?...Unless you are far too inhibited socially. Which apparently you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's ideals (and yours) IS free stuff.
Everyone knows that Romney's number one priority was to pay ZERO taxes FOREVER. That means he would get his entire life in the USA FOR FREE.
That is his wet dream (and yours) because you are all cheapskates and moochers.
No, actually, you are a pitiful little liar.

Mitt Romney pays more in taxes in one year than you will in your entire life. He pays more in taxes in one year than I will in MY entire life.

MY number one priority, on the other hand, is to make sure my family is fed, and all my stuff is paid off..and next to that, it's to pay zero taxes.

There are many completely legal means by which the average American can achieve that goal, and I am seeking them out.

I will no longer support a government that works against my interests.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you dumb, and have just the kind of pea-brain Robertson and his ilk NEED.
Those manipulators would never be so filthy rich if they had to depend on intelligent people who see through them fast.
People:
Read about other ministers who are deceiving people who are not truly Christians, but are deceived into believing they are.
See post 18715 -'ministers'
Then if should make your day to know that I was a volunteer for the Robertson for President campaign in 1988. He got my vote. And I was a Mormon back then, too. A lot of Mormons supported Robertson.

Perhaps Robertson supporting Romney this year was payback. Which re-affirms my belief that Robertson is an honorable man.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if should make your day to know that I was a volunteer for the Robertson for President campaign in 1988. He got my vote. And I was a Mormon back then, too. A lot of Mormons supported Robertson.
Perhaps Robertson supporting Romney this year was payback. Which re-affirms my belief that Robertson is an honorable man.
Just to let you know that Pat Robertson would be considered an anti-Mormon by most members.

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/cbnteachings...

"Mormons are some of the most exemplary human beings, especially in regard to their behavior patterns and their adherence to the fundamental values of our society. But their religious beliefs are, to put is simply, wrong."

My biggest question here is why is everyone still debating about Romney? He lost. For the Obama supporters, be happy and let's move on. He is a non-issue.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know that Pat Robertson would be considered an anti-Mormon by most members.
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/cbnteachings...
"Mormons are some of the most exemplary human beings, especially in regard to their behavior patterns and their adherence to the fundamental values of our society. But their religious beliefs are, to put is simply, wrong."
My biggest question here is why is everyone still debating about Romney? He lost. For the Obama supporters, be happy and let's move on. He is a non-issue.
When it comes to political views, I'm not overly concerned about religious beliefs. I'd vote for a Jew (and probably have, I honestly don't know), even though they might be considered "anti-Christian" in their religious views. I'd vote for an atheist who had no history of using atheism as a means to diminish Christianity. I've voted for a Catholic (likely several), Pat Buchanan, and would again. One's personal religious views really have no direct bearing on my vote.

For instance, Harry Reid might be considered, by the church, to be a member in good standing, but I wouldn't vote for him for anything under any circumstance. If his opponent were ole' Beelzebub himself, I'd likely not vote, or right in someone else.

As for Obama voters being happy? I'm not sure that's possible. ;)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, you are a pitiful little liar.

Mitt Romney pays more in taxes in one year than you will in your entire life. He pays more in taxes in one year than I will in MY entire life.

MY number one priority, on the other hand, is to make sure my family is fed, and all my stuff is paid off..and next to that, it's to pay zero taxes.

There are many completely legal means by which the average American can achieve that goal, and I am seeking them out.

I will no longer support a government that works against my interests.
Yeah, mitt romney is the epitome of a Mormon GOD..u can only wish to achieve it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Then if should make your day to know that I was a volunteer for the Robertson for President campaign in 1988. He got my vote. And I was a Mormon back then, too. A lot of Mormons supported Robertson.

How un suprising..sick of eating apocalypse food yet? What exactly do u do with a 100 lb sack of wheat?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>When it comes to political views, I'm not overly concerned about religious beliefs. I'd vote for a Jew (and probably have, I honestly don't know), even though they might be considered "anti-Christian" in their religious views. I'd vote for an atheist who had no history of using atheism as a means to diminish Christianity. I've voted for a Catholic (likely several), Pat Buchanan, and would again. One's personal religious views really have no direct bearing on my vote.

For instance, Harry Reid might be considered, by the church, to be a member in good standing, but I wouldn't vote for him for anything under any circumstance. If his opponent were ole' Beelzebub himself, I'd likely not vote, or right in someone else.

As for Obama voters being happy? I'm not sure that's possible. ;)
Ur a nut job
1 post removed
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I just heard on the news that the Maker of the Holy Bread of Wonder and Ding Dongs is going out of business (those damn unions!).

This presents a sad problem for those poor Mos who use the Holy Bread of Wonder for their sacred sacrament. Will they switch brsnds to something more appropriate, say Bimbo? Or will they adopt the choking styrofoam discs of the Catholics?

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the bowels of the temple today... What an earth-shaking day to be a member of the One True Cult.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
How un suprising..sick of eating apocalypse food yet? What exactly do u do with a 100 lb sack of wheat?
make tortilllas

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
If, by "apocalypse food", you mean grilled steaks, chicken breast, boneless pork tenderloin chops, roasts in the crock pot, spaghetti, home made pizzas, veggies, fresh green salads, pasta salads, apples, bananas, peaches, plums, grapes, home made breads of all kinds, and myriads of other things, etc. etc. etc., heck no! How could I get sick of all that variety?

You don't know that wheat is a staple of many store bought products, second only to maybe corn?

Where DO you get your food, from a can? Ever cook at home? The variety is practically endless.

Oh, and keep this in mind: A hundred pound sack of wheat, unless you have an exceedingly large family, won't last you too long before the bugs get it. You want to split it up into plastic five gallon buckets, and either nitrogen flush, or toss in an oxygen-absorber packet, before snapping on the lid. If you leave it sitting around in sacks, you might find the weevils and other critters have gotten into it just when you need it most.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
I just heard on the news that the Maker of the Holy Bread of Wonder and Ding Dongs is going out of business (those damn unions!).
This presents a sad problem for those poor Mos who use the Holy Bread of Wonder for their sacred sacrament. Will they switch brsnds to something more appropriate, say Bimbo? Or will they adopt the choking styrofoam discs of the Catholics?
Oh to be a fly on the wall in the bowels of the temple today... What an earth-shaking day to be a member of the One True Cult.
Thank you for your concern! It's truly heartwarming!

Somehow, I think we'll survive..being that the church existed thousands of years before Wonder Bread and all..after all, recipes to duplicate "wonder" bread abound on the internet, and thousands upon thousands of members know how to bake our own...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

"Here I come, to save the DAY!!!"

http://www.food.com/recipe/Homemade-Wonder-Br...

Of course, for secular use, I prefer something a bit more hearty. Whole wheat and oat breads are good. Sourdough is one of my favorites. A good Italian bread with pasta dishes, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••