Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Dana Prays Satan Answers

Live Oak, CA

#16959 Oct 9, 2012
You will hear the word MORMON slapped into your Nelly face so many times before you die

you are going to jump like you got hit by a police taser for trying to grope a K9 service animal.
Dana Prays Satan Answers

Live Oak, CA

#16960 Oct 9, 2012
GOD KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS WAY
and he knew you'd be so p.o'd you'd be fit
to be tied.

After all that time, you spent shopping for wedding gowns on the internet, like a blushing, young boy bride.

And thinking how snarky you'd feel, telling your wife you were ditching her to get married to some alcoholic with hepatitis you fell in love with in an alley behind a queer bar.
Dana Prays Satan Answers

Live Oak, CA

#16961 Oct 9, 2012
Well you can hang that federal wedding dress up with your old N.A.M.B.L.A. membership I.D. card

Because neither one of those was ever going anywhere

but nowhere.

***BECAUSE of the CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST***

of

LATTER-DAY Saints.

God, BLESS, AMERICA.
Father Overtime

United States

#16962 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know, we are winning the battle. 8 States and growing. You really have a limp noodle god if he can't stop it like you say he wants you too. On the other hand, just like the civil rights movement of the 60's, God's real people are winning.
Coming up in the future? Gay marriages in the temples!
I can hardly wait! LOL!!!
Not at all possible. The church would be telling 14 million people to turn there backs on the proclamation of the family. And stop comparing gayness to race. It's not comparable.
Imhotep

Albemarle, NC

#16963 Oct 9, 2012
Great cartoons. ;-)

Jesus and Mo cartoons are wonderfully funny and true.
Richard Dawkins

Jesus and Mo make the world a better place, bless their little hearts.
Ophelia Benson

...a philosophical confrère.
Jerry Coyne

The brilliant, celebrated, freaking hilarious atheist comic strip ...
Greta Christina

...rays of sanity in a befuddled world.
Keri Hulme

The liveliest depictions of Muhammad currently available...
Malise Ruthven

J & Mo is the funniest and most consistently thought-provoking cartoon strip on the Net. In a saner world, it would run in a major newspaper.
Nelson Jones, Heresy Corner

Consistently amusing, frequently thought-provoking and often heart-warming.
New Humanist

Wittily captures much of the absurdity of religious apologetics.
Mano Singham

...wonderfully brilliant and witty.
Miranda Celeste Hale

Too good for words.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/

Fatwa?
Jihad?
Crusades?
Missionaries?
Martyrs?
TV evangelists?
Faith Healers?
Clergy and special garments ?

Lol -!

Religion is hilarious - comedy material only.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. "
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
1 post removed

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16965 Oct 9, 2012
PAGAN H0H0S GET B0B0S wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'LL be the one MORE LIKELY than not intoxicated on illegal drugs.
Probably after being a Mormon

Location hidden

#16966 Oct 9, 2012
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY wrote:
<quoted text>No, Jeffs' beliefs were pretty close though.
Also they didn't imitate our temple work for the dead.

His father went on a tear telling
everyone Mormons don't have to obey the law.

That rebellion cost him.

There are laws of God, that if you break,

you'll see evidence of.

Do you believe that?

I do.
Work for the dead is the same as casting spells from a wand. They probably baptized Harry potter too

Location hidden

#16967 Oct 9, 2012
What does the bible say about worshipping false idols? And a gold statue on your temples? Huh huh very Christian

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#16968 Oct 9, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
"The pastor who delivered a passionate invocation at Paul Ryan's rally in Rochester, Michigan on Monday evening told CNN earlier this year that the man at the top of the Republican ticket, Mitt Romney, is not a Christian.

Romney's running mate was making his first campaign appearance in Michigan since August...

Asked if he believes Romney is a Christian, Clark answered:“No.”

"Those if us who are Christians believe very strongly that God came to earth in the person of Jesus Christ and we base all our values around that," Clark said. "And we believe that real change is a spiritual change from the inside out." CNN
What exactly makes this man's "opinion" an absolute fact? Because he gave a passionate invocation at a rally?

West Plains, MO

#16969 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>A pre written program on tv that has been edited and told from a man who talks directly to god? No thanks
Sorry Gladiator. It was live and unedited. Kinda like last years season finale of 30 Rock.

West Plains, MO

#16970 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>No but Jeff's believes the same as Joseph and Brigham. That's why it's called flds
No. That's not true. And I'll ask you the same question I have others. Do you know what century this is?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#16971 Oct 9, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly makes this man's "opinion" an absolute fact? Because he gave a passionate invocation at a rally?
Maybe he gets his facts from his heart, seems to be a standard with christians in general. Though his statement might not be true, for him it's a fact, just as your testimony is fact for you. Things get really messed up when you think with your heart.

West Plains, MO

#16972 Oct 9, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he gets his facts from his heart, seems to be a standard with christians in general. Though his statement might not be true, for him it's a fact, just as your testimony is fact for you. Things get really messed up when you think with your heart.
My testimony is mine and mine alone. It is not fact. It is what I believe. There is a big difference. It's something I believe and feel. Sux is making a comment that because this guy said it, makes it so. And, it doesn't. Understand?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16973 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
No. That's not true. And I'll ask you the same question I have others. Do you know what century this is?
Yes it is. Warren Jeffs is a 21st century Joseph Smith. Imagine what Utah would be if polygamy hadn't been illegal.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#16974 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
My testimony is mine and mine alone. It is not fact. It is what I believe. There is a big difference. It's something I believe and feel. Sux is making a comment that because this guy said it, makes it so. And, it doesn't. Understand?
The statements about mormons not being christian is what he believes. Why the different standard? You say what you believe, he says what he believes, no difference. You say you have a testimony, doesn't that make it true for you, yet you expect facts from others beliefs?

West Plains, MO

#16975 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is. Warren Jeffs is a 21st century Joseph Smith. Imagine what Utah would be if polygamy hadn't been illegal.
No he isn't. And Utah would be no different if it was legally practiced. Just more paranoia being spread from behind your couch.
Dana Prays Satan Answers

Live Oak, CA

#16976 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Work for the dead is the same as casting spells from a wand. They probably baptized Harry potter too
Yeah which is why the Apostle Paul who wrote MOST of the NEW TESTAMENT used "why are they baptized for the dead, if there is no resurrection?" in an important letter to one of the churches.

You protestants are the town clowns of Biblical education.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16977 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
No he isn't. And Utah would be no different if it was legally practiced. Just more paranoia being spread from behind your couch.
Your temples would have beds in them.

West Plains, MO

#16978 Oct 9, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The statements about mormons not being christian is what he believes. Why the different standard? You say what you believe, he says what he believes, no difference. You say you have a testimony, doesn't that make it true for you, yet you expect facts from others beliefs?
You're right in the no difference about what he believes. Maybe you missed where I said Sux was making his opinion a fact. It's not fact. It's merely his opinion. Just as it's "my opinion" I am a Christian. Understand?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16979 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get the crap kicked out of them because of the way they prayed in Missouri. It happened because your Prophet told the members that God said they were allowed to steal anything from any non-member they wanted to steal and the idiots believed him. He then preceded to order the death of Gov Boggs, which is why Boggs turned around and than gave the Mormons a taste of their own medicine and ordered the extermination of the Mormons. Turn out Boggs was a better prophet than Smith because he damned near almost got it done. Smith selling the churches vote to the highest bidder didn't help them none either.
They came looking for trouble and got it with all their arrogance. The Saints love to cry about the persecution during this time, most not knowing the real facts. What happened in Missouri had nothing to do with freedom of religion. Cry your pity party to someone else.
Sooooo......, you are saying you think it's acceptable to: attach innocent people,rape them, murder them, beat them, vandalize their homes, burn their houses down, and take property because that someone does not abide by the same kind of philosophies as you?

Your justification is... "They deserved it"?

You need to stop justifying this with lies.

1) The Church never promoted stealing... you are a liar.
2) The Church only says forgiveness is only acceptable in murder cases when it's in self defense.

You are destructively running yourself off the rails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 1 min Just Think 301
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 1 min Responsibilty 2
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min DienerCravemo 10,452
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Abe 233,372
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Quirky 391,445
News Obama Receives Rock Star Reception In Ireland (May '11) 13 min Cutting Out Hillary 42
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min District 1 219,610
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,405,041
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5,540
More from around the web