Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16606 Oct 6, 2012
The age change of missionaries is interesting. It sounds like they are having trouble replacing the missionary force.
1 post removed
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16608 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't save your church, Satan's Bitch.
Don't try to claim YOU BEING CAUGHT LYING reflects on L.D.S.

Y.O.U.

GOT CAUGHT L.Y.I.N.G. when the TRUTH WAS BETTER.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16609 Oct 6, 2012
I have said this multiple times...

Live and let live...
that's choice...
that's freedom.

As long as it doesn't hurt someone else.

Misrepresenting the LDS Church hurts someone else. It hurts a lot of people... that's what offends me... and it is my DUTY and not mine alone to defend it and tell the truth.

---

The truth of the matter is... YOU do not offend me... I offend you.

You jumped in attack mode because in the first week I made the statement:

"I think some people join the Church for other people and don't have a true understanding of the teachings and history that the Church is based on."

---

I can tell you that the Church does not teach to cruisade against others who follow the Church standards...

I have lived and traveled throughout the U.S. and know some wonderful LDS members all over...
and then there are people who are offended by RULES... REBELLIOUS... OUTLAWS... JOINING but CRUSADING at the same time.

---

If you continue to live your life that way... I'm not gonna stop you. But I AM HERE TO WITNESS and TESTIFY the CHURCH standards are not being represented by you.

The Church teaches obedience and honor of Heavenly Father. You show no honor when you dismiss him when you say YOU ARE REPRESENTING THE CHURCH by establish your standards and being offended by others who choose to stand by them.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16610 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The elder she talked to was an idiot. The Bishops Handbook states that if a woman gets an abortion because of rape, or incest, it isn't consider murder. But it does demonstrate a view of many Mormons who instead of loving a person they just look at what they consider sin. There is very little grace with many of them and it affects how they treat each other. Just as when they hear of someone leaving the church the first thing they assume is because it is due to some sin.
The woman telling the lie is an idiot. No missionary ever told someone they can't have an abortion over rape.
Not once
Not ever
It's a mark of our religion that doing what it takes to UNDO works of people who try to ruin others lives, is the thing we'll be found with our hand on the throttle pushing when we're dead.

Her whole lying diatribe sounds like Y.O.U.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16611 Oct 6, 2012
I am not here to UNDERSTAND you not ashamed.
I have stated that multiple times.

YOU choose to follow how you choose... but representing the Church standards or don't.

I hope one day you truly grow up and stop your rebellion. I have a son just like you. I love him, but he chooses... only thing is he does not say... my choices are MORMONISM.

No... doing wrong willfully is not MORMONISM. Following Christ will and commandments is MORMONISM.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16612 Oct 6, 2012
UNLIKE YOU I try to humble myself... and be ashamed of my actions when I sin... and the last thing I will ever do is say that my sin represents the Churchs standards.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16613 Oct 6, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> See sport, I think that this is where you don't understand me. I don't misrepresent the church, if anything I represent the church. Our members are just like me. I'm not sure how old you are but let me tell you a bit about me. I am 36 years old and most of the members of my ward are exactly like me. Only difference is that they are ashamed of who they are as people. They have the mistaken thought that because they are Mormon , perfectionism is required. So, that is what they show to the outside world. They have hidden tattoos that their parents have never seen. They have piercings in places people can't see. In my eyes they live a lie. Christ ask that we do the best we can.
That is different for all of us. I can't tell you how many people I have shared the gospel with who thought that being Mormon was somehow above them. Which is WHY they never converted. People NEED to know that our church isn't made of perfect people. It is made of people who love Christ. It is made of people with sordid past who are trying to be better.
The qualifying question is do you believe that this church is the restored church of Jesus Christ.
I once worked with a lady and she was a great person. A drinker , a smoker, cussed like a sailor. At the time I worked 3rd shift . I would take my BOM with me and read it during my lunch break, which finally caused her to start asking questions. She wanted to know more about Mormonism. She had actually been to Mormon.org once because she was curious. She WANTED to convert. She loved the things we represent, but was told by a missionary that because she had an abortion as a result of rape when she was a teenager that she could not be forgiven for that. Nor be a member of the church. Her heart was broken. I explained to her that isn't exactly how it works. We had a long talk and she cried for a very long time. She was sorrowful, hurt and wanted to be loved by God. I have no doubt that the missionary who told her that was probably misguided, and didn't quite understand the circumstances she was faced with. Heavenly father did though. She never became a member but because I was open, honest and listened her view of the church changed. I think as members it is our responsibility to let people know that we aren't perfect. That we have standards and morals as all christians do. We just need to make sure that what we ask isn't unreachable for people.
We need to represent ourselves just how we are. Maybe you have no skeletons in your closet but I certainly do. I have faced them, admitted to them and because of that became a better person because of the grace of our savior.
You never became a better person till you quit preaching and teaching and doing that in which you
THOUGHT TO GIVE COMMANDMENTS of WOMEN and MEN
rather than of GOD.

You actually SAID: I TEACH MASTURBATION AND HOMOSEXUALITY.

Therefore it's just a matter of time till that comes back and lays an egg in the nest you built for it.

You don't have any business telling people the Church will sustain them if they teach that GOD DOESN'T KNOW WHAT COMMANDMENTS
are
RIGHT
and which are WRONG.

You're a Latter-Day Saint who stood up and IN THIS FORUM

MOCKED Lattter-Day Saints practicing HUMILITY
MOCKED the doctrine that PERFECTING YOURSELF is the GOAL
MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES CHILDREN CHASTITY
MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES ALL MEN & WOMENT not to pursue HOMOSEXUALITY

MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES that if you REFUSE to TEACH ALL GOD'S COMMANDMENTS

you're one of Satan's teachers.

You TURNED on GOD in PUBLIC and CLAIM HE WON'T FIND OUT and DELIVER you over to SATAN to CHASTISE you for your PRIDE
and
MOUTHY REBELLION.

Nah, you'll be visiting that kid in jail for sexual crime if you don't repent, and that, right away.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16614 Oct 6, 2012
1 John 2:4
He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Marysville, CA

#16615 Oct 6, 2012
HOMOMORMON wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to claim YOU BEING CAUGHT LYING reflects on L.D.S.
Y.O.U.
GOT CAUGHT L.Y.I.N.G. when the TRUTH WAS BETTER.
I got caught making a mistake. Not even a mistake about the Mormon church. I agree the truth is better, especially when talking about the false teachings of Mormonism.

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#16616 Oct 6, 2012
How many people will fit in heaven according Mormons isn't it 7
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16617 Oct 6, 2012
So you can HO HO your way to hell but you're not going to come here and tell people latter day saints believe that if you just

DITCH the COMMANDMENTS you don't APPROVE he'll keep you on his team.

Because if your bishop or stake president finds out you've been in here BARKING REBELLION

you'll go be back with the Baptists you came out of.

Marysville, CA

#16618 Oct 6, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
Live and let live...
that's choice...
that's freedom.
Misrepresenting the LDS Church hurts someone else. It hurts a lot of people... that's what offends me... and it is my DUTY and not mine alone to defend it and tell the truth.
---
"I think some people join the Church for other people and don't have a true understanding of the teachings and history that the Church is based on."
---
I can tell you that the Church does not teach to cruisade against others who follow the Church standards...
I have lived and traveled throughout the U.S. and know some wonderful LDS members all over...
and then there are people who are offended by RULES... REBELLIOUS... OUTLAWS... JOINING but CRUSADING at the same time.
---
If you continue to live your life that way... I'm not gonna stop you. But I AM HERE TO WITNESS and TESTIFY the CHURCH standards are not being represented by you.
The Church teaches obedience and honor of Heavenly Father. You show no honor when you dismiss him when you say YOU ARE REPRESENTING THE CHURCH by establish your standards and being offended by others who choose to stand by them.
See? A perfect example of what I'm talking about Sarah. No grace, whatsoever. You are the minority in the LDS church.

Marysville, CA

#16619 Oct 6, 2012
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS wrote:
<quoted text>
You never became a better person till you quit preaching and teaching and doing that in which you
THOUGHT TO GIVE COMMANDMENTS of WOMEN and MEN
rather than of GOD.
You actually SAID: I TEACH MASTURBATION AND HOMOSEXUALITY.
Therefore it's just a matter of time till that comes back and lays an egg in the nest you built for it.
You don't have any business telling people the Church will sustain them if they teach that GOD DOESN'T KNOW WHAT COMMANDMENTS
are
RIGHT
and which are WRONG.
You're a Latter-Day Saint who stood up and IN THIS FORUM
MOCKED Lattter-Day Saints practicing HUMILITY
MOCKED the doctrine that PERFECTING YOURSELF is the GOAL
MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES CHILDREN CHASTITY
MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES ALL MEN & WOMENT not to pursue HOMOSEXUALITY
MOCKED the DOCTRINE that TEACHES that if you REFUSE to TEACH ALL GOD'S COMMANDMENTS
you're one of Satan's teachers.
You TURNED on GOD in PUBLIC and CLAIM HE WON'T FIND OUT and DELIVER you over to SATAN to CHASTISE you for your PRIDE
and
MOUTHY REBELLION.
Nah, you'll be visiting that kid in jail for sexual crime if you don't repent, and that, right away.
Thank you for being so Mormon. I mean it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16620 Oct 6, 2012
Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.

Thomas Monson.

---

Wisdom is knowing the right path to take,
Integrity is taking it!

---

Now it is obvious why my posting the PROPHETS words offended you... because you are not ashamed to go against them.

I'm not offended by you not ashamed. I'm just here to tell the world that your standards are not the LDS Church's standards.

The LDS Church is being misrepresented by you.

Marysville, CA

#16621 Oct 6, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
1 John 2:4
He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
And one of the biggest commandments to to worship God in spirit and truth. Mormonism, fails this commandment, teaching people not to keep the commandment this way. Here is what Paul said of you:

Romans 1:21-23 (NASB)

21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man

And what does Mormonism teach? "As man is, God once was..."

Good luck with that.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16622 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for being so Mormon. I mean it.
I don't have to thank you for being Satan's shill. Your daughter going off and living in the teachings you brought to her, and her mother, are enough for you.

Tell them enjoy tat 50% divorce,
50% women raped/, molested
50% of you men ADMIT ADULTERY.

Tell her load up on the ice cream and get ready to party like there's nothing holy in all Satan's realm.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16623 Oct 6, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
Live and let live...
that's choice...
that's freedom.
---
---
---
I disagree.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16624 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
See? A perfect example of what I'm talking about Sarah. No grace, whatsoever. You are the minority in the LDS church.
And yet that minority are appalled at the devastation wreaked by Satan as Latter-Day Saints begin to strut, and bark rebellion, and refusal to heed God.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16625 Oct 6, 2012
refuse* to heed God

above

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16626 Oct 6, 2012
I do not think you understand me.

You representing YOU is one thing... and I'm cool with that.

But you misrepresenting the Church standards is another.

If you want to find the references to your claims that YOU as a member of the LDS Church gets to define God's laws, and the standards of the Church as LDS Doctrine... I would like to see that.

Because MORMONISM is STANDARDS... it's OBEDIENCE to the STANDARDS... that is called DUTY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 3 min YourEx 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 219,578
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,404,988
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 4 min Say It Ain t So Jo 30
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min Robert43 12,378
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 298
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min mdbuilder 391,405
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 29 min positronium 5,538
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,321
More from around the web