Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16418 Oct 4, 2012
I'll have to come back from my computer later. I'm trying this on my phone and I just lost a huge ass reply I was working on.

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#16419 Oct 4, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could have just been a New York hayseed who was pretending to be a 2,500 yr old prophet just writing what had already had happened. But thinking he was wise, he showed himself to be a fool because there has never been any Jews in America before the time of Columbus, you hick.
That's not exactly true. There is still debate about that.

Branson, MO

#16420 Oct 4, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
I'll have to come back from my computer later. I'm trying this on my phone and I just lost a huge ass reply I was working on.
That's happened to me several times. Frigging aggravating...
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Live Oak, CA

#16421 Oct 4, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could have just been a New York hayseed who was pretending to be a 2,500 yr old prophet just writing what had already had happened. But thinking he was wise, he showed himself to be a fool because there has never been any Jews in America before the time of Columbus, you hick.
jedi basically you're going to very swiftly find out that if Robertson says it, it's likely, easily refuted.

http://dnaconsultants.com/_blog/DNA_Consultan...
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Live Oak, CA

#16422 Oct 4, 2012
http://israelinsider.net/forum/topics/missour...

The group of Cherokee in Missouri proclaim their heritage to be from Jews

Branson, MO

#16423 Oct 4, 2012
Obama, at a Denver rally Thursday afternoon complete with teleprompters, ripped into Romney as he tried to brush himself off and reassure supporters.

http://www.topix.com/forum/entertainment/TA24...

Hahahahahahahaha!!! How utterly pathetic... "It was the altitude???" Hahahahahahahaha!!!! What was the debate a MMA fight? You libs are a disaster!!! Al Gore looks like he's been saddling up at a Golden Corral buffet!

Branson, MO

#16424 Oct 4, 2012

Branson, MO

#16425 Oct 4, 2012
Check out Gore! What a loser! Good thing he pushed away from the trough long enough to come up with an altitude defense for impotent Obama...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/04/go...

Branson, MO

#16426 Oct 4, 2012
You poor, poor Liberals. What will you do???

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/04/lib...

Branson, MO

#16427 Oct 4, 2012
Yes, he was last night. That's for sure!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/04/mit...

But the line of the night that completely emasculated Obama was,“Yes, Mr. President your spending does show your priorities. You spent $90 billion on green energy tax breaks. That’s like 50 years of tax breaks to oil companies. You gave $90 billion to companies like Solyndra. You could have hired 2 million teachers with that money.”
Bullseye.

In the end Jim Lehrer had the best line of the night when he tried to stop Obama from going over his allotted time. He said,“Mr. President, your time is up.”

How prophetic.
Sambrotherofneph i

Salt Lake City, UT

#16428 Oct 4, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
Lol, yeah sorry I've been poking in and out of this conversation. Someone asked if I was Atheist.
I don't even really know where you guys are trying to take this anymore.
Just seems like a whole lotta mormon pride and hate?!
Not very productive by any means.
I totally agree. I tried to get people talking about the actual doctrine of the church, but a lot of people are fixed on name calling, use of trashy language, and publishing libel. What is really sad is that people on both sides of the fence are guilty of it.

Branson, MO

#16429 Oct 4, 2012
Romney looked and sounded like a president. He showcased his CEO leadership skills. Obama was depressed, befuddled, stumbling, bumbling, and fumbling throughout the night. He wasn’t presidential, even though he IS the president. He was a man out of his league.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/04/mit...

Branson, MO

#16430 Oct 4, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I tried to get people talking about the actual doctrine of the church, but a lot of people are fixed on name calling, use of trashy language, and publishing libel. What is really sad is that people on both sides of the fence are guilty of it.
I admit it. I'm guilty of it. However, I stated that fact from my very first post when I saw that they weren't interested in actually learning what we believe and why. If "they" really wanted to know, they could go to www.mormon.org to investigate. That being said, brother, you did a fine job of being sincere in your posts. I was very impressed.
ConchaPena

Albuquerque, NM

#16431 Oct 4, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the board. I get where you are coming from. I don't believe as you do, I think we were created by a superior being and I think we will live there after this life. However I do respect your views.
and why not?WHITE LDS all the WAY! NOT WHITE MAY STILL CONTRIBUTE THEIR GREEN MONEY.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16432 Oct 4, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
Check out Gore! What a loser! Good thing he pushed away from the trough long enough to come up with an altitude defense for impotent Obama...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/04/go...
I'm not sure how he got there... but if it was by plane would have he been on the way down.

\
Crazy Granny

Dayton, OH

#16433 Oct 4, 2012
Mitts full of shit and Ryans Lyin.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16434 Oct 4, 2012
ConchaPena wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons have no qualm about declaring their ability to become gods. No Christian even muses the thought, really rally to that. WHITE IS RIGHT is the Mormons unwritten thinking. Their reasoning coming from their ONLY white, pure white, race. Not ashamed. of course, why bite the hand that feeds you. Native Americans were used by Mormons for the obvious reasons of survival in a 'dog-eat-dog' world. Not too many NativeAmerican Mormons. Women also have no say. Mormons feel superior to all human races, not just IN their own WHITE RACE.IMAGINE the Book on where to give Presidential allegiance to the WHOLE USA. Doesn't exist. My own existance in peril.
Are you serious?... lol

I'm not sure if you realize this but the missionaries are all over the world and the Church is not only for pure whites. That's ridiculous.

I realize everyone has different experiences... but your observations nor experiences disproves the Gospel. The Gospel is purely a document (many documents) to preserve the history of what occured and the commandments given to us to obey.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16435 Oct 4, 2012
Keep in mind many documents are required to preserve the history over time and from place to place.

Isreal couldn't have written the document preserving the meso-amercian journey and their experiences.

Thus, came about the Bible and the Book of Mormon. There are more writtings out there that have not been revealed to us yet.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16436 Oct 4, 2012
ConchaPena wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons have no qualm about declaring their ability to become gods. No Christian even muses the thought, really rally to that. WHITE IS RIGHT is the Mormons unwritten thinking. Their reasoning coming from their ONLY white, pure white, race. Not ashamed. of course, why bite the hand that feeds you. Native Americans were used by Mormons for the obvious reasons of survival in a 'dog-eat-dog' world. Not too many NativeAmerican Mormons. Women also have no say. Mormons feel superior to all human races, not just IN their own WHITE RACE. IMAGINE the Book on where to give Presidential allegiance to the WHOLE USA. Doesn't exist. My own existance in peril.
No, that's not the way it is due to the Mormon religion. It may seem that way from your stand point. You may only be witness to a community say. IDK what your situation is.

However, women and men are created equal in God's eyes. The Gospel states over and over that it takes a man and a woman... and that they work on becoming one.

Becoming one means equal.

---

For instance, if a culture (not the religion) is gender baised OR racist... whatever, that may be what you are portraying as the religion being the cause not the culture.

But, if you step out of your situation and just say look across the Nation or the World... you will see it is a cultural thing not a religious thing.

---

Mormonism does not mean perfection. It means we are people with standards trying to make our way back to Heavenly Father the best we can.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16437 Oct 4, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>... I don't think God HAS to do manual labor but I certainly think he has given it a whirl.... I also think God has a sense of humor and laughs at us frequently :)
:) I agree with the above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min cpeter1313 8,439
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,581,927
News Report: Higher premiums if Trump halts 'Obamaca... 8 min Dee Dee Dee 57
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 13 min positronium 26,373
News Is healthcare a Jewish value? NEW 15 min The Bible Student 50
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min NTMD8OR 287,579
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 36 min positronium 8,651
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 45 min Covfefe 1,437
More from around the web