Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Mothra2

Espanola, NM

#15773 Sep 23, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.
ANd so do MANY men. As they run the joint. DUH!
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Live Oak, CA

#15774 Sep 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
An you're going to fashion hell where you have to wear that hideous LDS underwear for all eternity doing 5 shows a day with Francis the talking mule giving head.
Your adulterous filthy mind, is the gift your father Satan gave you

to pay you for braying to him.
Mothra2

Espanola, NM

#15775 Sep 24, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
The LDS Church is founded on standards that were
defined by Jesus Christ because it is his Church. HENCE, THE NAME: "The CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints".
-PROPEHTS reveal revelations and define what is appropriate and what is not appropriate called Church Standards for the members to follow.
-MEMBERS decide how they will follow or not.
-INVESTIGATORS decided if they believe or not.
-Anti-Mormons... enough said.
---
I've know what has been said since Post #15567 on page 753.
I choose to stick to what I believe... which is to follow the standards the Prophets established for the LDS Church members... not the members, or anyone else.
The Church does define me. Though I don't define the Church. I would die for the Church... because it is Church established by Christ... it is his Church. Not mine, or anyone elses... HIS. I know Joseph Smith was a devine prophet selected to translate the plates to re-establish the gospel and end the dark ages.
People can make of that what they wish.
-They can use that to justify inappropriate behavior not taught by the leaders of the Church.
-They can use that as an excuse to make up or portray their version or opinion whatever the word of the day is.
---
Pearl,
If you are listening, my statements to you were sincere on page 753. I don't care what your beliefs about religion are... anyone can step up and out with hard work.
Christ does not judge you or define you for what other members have said. I hope you will investigate the Church and choose for yourself what you believe about the Church.
This forum is not for investigators to find the truth. Many of the posts here do not teach Church standards, and it is not a valid way to find out what the Church standards are or are not.
The only way for you to really know is to read the Bible, The Book of Mormon, talk to the missionaries, and go to Church.
I do wish you luck Pearl. I also hope you find a way to go to College... become more educated and be the best person you can be.
Don't let other people's opinions of you stop you. I know that people in your own family will judge you and condemn you for simply trying to step up. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you feel is best for you.
PF
Christ was not a Failure as your cult would have us believe- That JSmith or BYoung had to repair! You put these Mortals in the Place of Christ and you will be severely judged for this! Taking the writing of men over the inspired Word of God!
Why not talk to a Bible Scholar instead of a Cult leader?
Be set free- not put into cultish bondage.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15776 Sep 24, 2012
Mothra2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was not a Failure as your cult would have us believe- That JSmith or BYoung had to repair! You put these Mortals in the Place of Christ and you will be severely judged for this! Taking the writing of men over the inspired Word of God!
You really sound rather ignorant and I don't really have time for ignorant people.

Thanks for the offer anyways though, but I choose to stick with a nice Mormon man with manners.

Have a great life!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15777 Sep 24, 2012
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is founded on Christ...

Dignity,
Morals,
Duty,
Authority,

so many things I don't think you would really understand.

Maybe you can find a Missionary in your area to help you understand a little about the difference the Church can make in your life.
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Live Oak, CA

#15778 Sep 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should fix my wife so she can't reproduce.
LATTER DAY SLUT.

Your wife and daughter are in this, representing the
DOPE-ADDLED,
DIVORCED,
MULTIPLE-PARTNERED,
SKIMPILY DRESSED,
VENEREALLY INFECTED
WHORES

in this argument -

but invoking their nicknames out of thin air to save yourself in some spasm of crying out, doesn't make the

50% DIVORCE RATE,
50% RAPE/MOLESTATION RATE,
50% YOU MEN ADMIT ADULTERY on your WIFE RATE,
50% YOUR WOMEN ON HARD PHARMACEUTICALS, RATE,

nor does it make the ALCOHOL ADDICTION RATE
nor does it make the ILLEGAL HARD DRUG ADDICTION RATE
nor does it make the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RATE
nor does it make the VENEREAL INFECTION RATE
nor does it make the EDUCATION RATE
nor does it make the WOMEN/CHILDREN in POVERTY RATE

among you dope-addled

Satanically inspired

MURDER BREATHING
venereally infected
WHORE
HICKS

change one whit.

Your father is still Satan,

he still infects your festered mind,

you're still stupified, uneducated, schlong slurper apostate molester scum,

you're still spreading the evil news that
divorce,
venereal disease,
abandonment,
molestation,
domestic violence,
pharmaceutical abuse,
alcohol abuse,
poverty,
MURDER of those who live differently than you,
is preferential to marriage
And what's more you're living for it.
And dying in it.

Color me sentimental you evil knob-gobbling gollum
but that's what's called

"who needs to send you to hell? Your women and children already LIVE and DIE in it."

Told by goofy-stupid, bisexual trash like you that nobody would ever want to be with them after this life,

while you brag about having a hankering to watch men french kiss in parades.

Way to go, you stay classy Sodom.

May your heart stop and your wife finally meet and be with a man who's not bisexual Sanduskyite trash.

And may that happen whenever you're ripe for the dirt trough you deserve to be thrown into, and forgotten about.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#15779 Sep 24, 2012
Mothra2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! That is the biggest message of the LDS church. They teach that Jesus was a failure in the New Testament and the Book of Mormon.
1 post removed

Marysville, CA

#15781 Sep 24, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is founded by a Pervert...
No Dignity,
No Morals,
No Duty,
No Authority,
so many things I don't think you would really understand.
Oh, we understand a con man when we see one.
Maybe you can find a Missionary in your area to help you understand a little about the difference the Church can make in your life.
Yeah, ask for someone who is trained by the LDS church to lie and deceive you.
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Live Oak, CA

#15782 Sep 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And if God wanted gay people to marry people of the opposite sex, it would be part of their nature. Just like if God really wanted us to practice polygamy, it would part of the nature of women to want to. Normal women do not.
That explains why the entire Utah Territory's women had their right to vote revoked by the federal government led by Satan's Tramps when they wouldn't renounce polygamy for TWENTY YEARS.

That explains why your ENTIRE CULTURE is BASED around YOU MEN, having adulterous relationships, when the 'other woman' knows FULL WELL about the wife, and often about yet other women.

It sucks to be a stupid dope-addled Satan's Tramp like you, but the MAJORITY of civilizations in mankind's history have been polygamous.

Only a stupid mens-room stall-queen like you would come to a discussion about POLYGAMY and NOT KNOW that 75% of ALL RECORDED CIVILIZATIONS have been polygamous.

And NOT KNOW the CLASSICAL NATURE of the "I know he has another woman but I just can't resist" story in Y.O.U.R. CIVILIZATION, WHORE.

In YOUR civilization.

LoL.

Stupid Satanic Homolester.

And no when you married your wife, and started having obligatory sex with her it wasn't rape. It was you being too spineless to go ahead and put your blue light special on at the park and get your gollum-gobble on.

HICK.

Marysville, CA

#15783 Sep 24, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
You really sound rather ignorant and I don't really have time for ignorant people.
Then how can you stand yourself?
Thanks for the offer anyways though, but I choose to stick with a nice Mormon man with manners.
One, who apparently, tolerates fools and retarded women.
Have a great life!
You do the same.

Marysville, CA

#15784 Sep 24, 2012
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your adulterous filthy mind, is the gift your father Satan gave you
to pay you for braying to him.
Again you admit that my Dad, the Mormon, was satanic like his faith. We agree on something.
1 post removed

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15786 Sep 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! That is the biggest message of the LDS church. They teach that Jesus was a failure in the New Testament and the Book of Mormon.
You know that is a lie... and you can not back up a single word of it with any single shred of true evidence.

The LDS Church stands on Jesus Christ... he is the foundation.

You come in here with a mouthful of lies and broadcast lies trying to portray the truth.

You are a Judas Iscariat. You admitted yourself you would CRUCIFY him JESUS CHRIST PERSONALLY.

You are satans sidekick!

It is just ridiculous to believe you are a Christian with your tongue that you use as a sword trying to wipe out JESUS HIMSELF, and his Church.

Anyone who will follow you will be led down a rabbit hole directly to satan himself.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15787 Sep 24, 2012
mrs dane roberts.

you are trying to defy the laws of Christianity...

you are a BOLD FACED EVIL LIAR...

Do you search the best ways to manipulate, con, and brainwash people... or does that come natural for people in Merced Ca?

You are sick!
Liberty Warrior

Indianapolis, IN

#15788 Sep 24, 2012
That's like asking, "Who says tigers aren't dogs?"

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15789 Sep 24, 2012
mrs dane roberts.

you admit you do not accept the LDS Church because you get nothing from it... though Jesus gave his life for you... you will not embrace a religion that is Jesus Christ Church.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to embrace fantasies just to please a phony religion that only wants to run every detail of my life without giving me anything in return. Sorry, that's not going to happen.
No response to the rest. It was just all BS.
In fact you threatened to crucify him personally.

WHAT?

Yes you did!
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Live Oak, CA

#15790 Sep 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you admit that my Dad, the Mormon, was satanic like his faith. We agree on something.
We agree you left the heterosexuality of mormonism to fantasize about man meat, but that you were such a chickenshit you went ahead and got married, although you can barely stand women.

To you the very essence of Satan's work would be for God's commandment to be married, be a preparation for being with a wife and children to shepherd them through the eternities.

You're Satanic as the molesters you are constantly reminding us are your soul mates.

You can't understand why a man would ever dream of being with his wife and children through the eternities,

but you can understand why those pole smokers have the blues.

You're Satanic.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15791 Sep 24, 2012
You are no different than the people cried out: Crucify him!
1 post removed
Liberty Warrior

Indianapolis, IN

#15793 Sep 24, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
mrs dane roberts.
you admit you do not accept the LDS Church because you get nothing from it... though Jesus gave his life for you... you will not embrace a religion that is Jesus Christ Church.
<quoted text>
In fact you threatened to crucify him personally.
WHAT?
Yes you did!
Jesus' 2nd Coming hasn't happened yet. Jesus didn't come back to visit Joseph Smith. That would go against all Christian belief if it did happen.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#15794 Sep 24, 2012
Liberty Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus' 2nd Coming hasn't happened yet. Jesus didn't come back to visit Joseph Smith. That would go against all Christian belief if it did happen.
Apparently you are uneducated about what you are talking about...

Here's a hint: The LDS Church knowns that!

I suggest you go research what you're talking about before you come in here making ludicrous remarks that make you appear ignorant.
Wisdom

Rochester, KY

#15795 Sep 24, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
Wisdom,
1. A man will say he is God or has a new message from God.(Smith and the BOM )
YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN THAT JOSEPH SMITH DID NOT TRANSLATE THE BOOK OF MORMON.
2. Same man will make himself the leader.(Smith )
SMITH DID NOT MAKE HIMSELF THE LEADER...
HE WAS NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE CHURCH FOR A LONG TIME...
BECAUSE ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE CHURCH HAD TO BE ESTABLISHED AS DEFINED BY JESUS TO BE HIS CHURCH BEFORE HE COULD BE MADE THE "PRESIDENT OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST"
3. The man will always try an isolate his followers from the rest of the outside world.( Navuoo and Utah)
JOSEPH SMITH DID NOT TRY TO ISOLATE HIMSELF OR HIS FOLLOWERS FROM THE REST OF THE OUTSIDE WORLD
FIRST... THE MORMONS WERE RAN OFF AND FORCED TO UTAH.
SECOND... JOSEPH SMITH AMONG OTHERS WENT TO OTHER PLACES AND SHARED THE GOSPEL TO THEM, EVEN AS FAR AWAY AS ENGLAND.
4. There will always be some type of sexual perversion involved.(Smith and Young and all the thousands that had multiple wives
THE ONLY SEXUAL PERVERSION THAT WAS INVOLVED IS IN YOURS AND DANA'S HEAD.
THERE WERE ONLY ABOUT 5% THAT WERE GRANTED PERMISSION AND PARTICIPATED IN PLURAL MARRAIGES.
5% OF 10,000 WOULD ONLY BE 500... AND I DON'T BELIEVE THERE WERE EVEN 10,000 MEMBERS AT THAT TIME
----
Thus, not 1 of your 4 points are even worthy of being discussed.
#1. Cannot prove it either way he wrote it. Best proof he did not is when 116 pages were stolen he could not rewrite them.
#2. Your saying Joe Smith was not the founder and first leader of the Mormon Church? hahahaha!!
#3. My case of isolation referring to Navuoo and Utah speaks for itself.
#4. B. Young your Prophet. ""The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 11, page 269) so if you want to become a god one day you must violate the already given law of God now. "- his fifty wives and fifty children attest to the fact of his practicing what he preached!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Reality Check 1,659,975
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min loose cannon 243,104
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 3 min Retribution 1,426
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min Wisdom of Ages 15,033
News Confederate leaders' names popular with voters ... 6 min Jaysus Sharia 13
News Will Donald Trump be invited to the royal wedding? 10 min Reddiaperdoperbaby1 95
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Susanm 322,335
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Ongoleaks 47,374
More from around the web