Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
15,161 - 15,180 of 32,000 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jun 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

I wonder if your children are as inbreed as you are.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe people are born gay, then you have to also believe people are born heterosexual, bisexual and transgendered.
Yeah, so?
That means you believe God is responsible for making some this sexual orientation and making others that sexual orientation.
That means God has taken away the want to procreate in many on purpose, while making others want to procreate and thus that takes away from freedom of choice. It means to you we are all preprogrammed for our sexual orientation by God and there is no choice factor.
No more than a person chooses to be left handed or right. And as 90% of the people born are straight, there is hardly a lack of new children in a world of 6 billion people. And who says gays don't want to procreate? I know many who have had children, by one means or another.
And that leads us to ask if God makes us a sexual orientation, what else has he "made" of us?
Blue eyed, brown eyed, green eyes, white, black, and many colors in between, skinny, fat, and hundreds of other variations. Where have been?
And since you believe God is fine and well with homosexuality since he creates homosexuals, you have to explain why in 6000 years of Bible time, God has never validated a sexual orientation he made to exist as any other?
If he didn't validated why did he make them? But prove us wrong, prove that homosexuality is a choice, live as a gay person. I'll be convinced.
Father Overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Funny stuff that Dana thinks you can't choose who you have sex with all the way up to the point that he says," no more than a person chooses to be left handed or right.". I broke my right arm and had to use my left thus making me both handed. I chose, gay people choose what they do too.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>no surprise, you make a very valid argument on this. Unfortunately I have no explanation and i'm really not sure what God thinks. I don't think he is fine with homosexuality but I do think he is well aware that it is the burden of that person. I also don't think he is ok with mental illness, yet so many in this world suffer from it. I don't think he is ok with children being born with serious defects and then having to love their entire life that way, yet it happens everyday.
All I can tell you is what I do know. I have seen homosexuality touch the lives of people very close to me. I have seen their struggles. Watched as they tried to be what the world finds acceptable. Watched them spiral into depression and doubt, trip over fear at the fact that they were not attracted to the opposite sex. I have seen my own family members live extremely lonely lives because of their sexual orientation. I just can't believe this is the life one would choose for themselves. I don't believe anyone would do that to themselves if it was just as easy as deciding differently.
"I don't think he is fine with homosexuality but I do think he is well aware that it is the burden of that person." ...on that statement we totally agree.
I believe due to genetics and flaws in human chemistry you have those attracted to both sexes and the same sex. I call bisexuality a glitch in nature because they still maintain a want to procreate with the opposite sex. I call homosexuality the oddity of nature.
Forget god for a moment. let's speak strictly nature as evolution of species applies.
With exception to a-sexuals, living species are mostly geared for opposite attraction for reproduction. Most of the time be it heterosexual or bisexual, nature achieves what it sets out to do to keep various species existing. But on occasion, an abnormality happens and a member of a specie is attracted to the same specie. Now for nature, this existing member is an odd ball out. It has no will to do as most. Therefore it's primary purpose has been made useless, to procreate.
Consider this for a moment. Consider if all other species, cell or animal could do as humans and select whether it wanted to reproduce or not. Consider all living species could consider all the work and effort that goes in having off spring and or raising them and they could decide if all the effort was worth it, rather then being hard wired to mate regardless. How many species do you think would exist? I think very few because they would die out of existence.
I believe we are all born with a specific attraction be it hetero, homo, or bisexual. I think God has asked us all to do the right thing by his will. The hetero that want's to hump over and over with as many mates as possible, God has asked them to marry and stick to one mate. He has asked the same of bisexuals and homosexuals.
From nature most of us have a need/want/desire to mate as often as possible and with as many people as possible. That's our instinct from nature, the animal in us. But God has asked us all, regardless of our sexual orientation to conquer our desires and marry the opposite sex in hopes of procreating his spirits. That is what I believe.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The LDS church was built and based on "judging others of their religious beliefs." Warren Jeffs has as much a right to claim to be prophet as Smith ever did. They are both self-proclaimed, and self appointed. And there isn't a nickles worth of difference in their moral fiber.
The church Jesus built was built on the judgement of others. The apostles judged others who were not of their "clan". Not a lot of difference.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so?
<quoted text>
No more than a person chooses to be left handed or right. And as 90% of the people born are straight, there is hardly a lack of new children in a world of 6 billion people. And who says gays don't want to procreate? I know many who have had children, by one means or another.
<quoted text>
Blue eyed, brown eyed, green eyes, white, black, and many colors in between, skinny, fat, and hundreds of other variations. Where have been?
<quoted text>
If he didn't validated why did he make them? But prove us wrong, prove that homosexuality is a choice, live as a gay person. I'll be convinced.
Don't do the idiot thing, please. Being left handed or right handed has absolutely not a thing to do with having or not having a need/desire/want to procreate with the opposite sex.
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic and Protestant churches was built and based on "judging others of their religious beliefs." Pope Leo has as much a right to claim to be prophet as Jesus Christ ever did. They are both self-proclaimed, and self appointed. And there isn't a nickles worth of difference in their moral fiber.
There. Fixed that for you

HICK
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormonism is anything but a "NEAR EASTERN RELIGION." My wife's stage name is Sister Donkey Slut. Another show starts in 5 minutes. Better hurry.
You represent the 1-4% OF HOMOSEXUALS who ENSURE that ONE of your BOYS/MEN in THREE, is MOLESTED in their life.

You're so fixated on genitals and sex nearly every post is awash in filth.

You've said MULTIPLE TIMES you want to MURDER polygamous people wherever you find them.

M.U.R.D.E.R.

You said you personally AGREE JESUS CHRIST DESERVED CRUCIFIXION because he INSTALLED POLYGAMY among ancient ISRAEL hence directly in ancient JUDEA.

Are 50% divorce
are 50% of your women raped/molested
are 50% of your women on hard drugs
are 50% of your men admitting adultery
are 30% of your men raped/molested
are 20% of your young adults HAVING V.D.

what your daddy Satan told you to come here and tempt mormon women with?

Go get your wife and daughter and tell them you turned down a much lower rate of divorce,
lower rate of molestation,
lower rate of poverty,
lower rate of domestic violence,
lower rate of alcohol addiction,
lower rate of pharmaceutical addiction,
lower rate of tobacco addiction,
lower rate of illegal drug addiction,
for a 50% divorce rate culture
for a 50% women/raped/molested culture
for a 50% men admitting adultery culture
for a 50% women on hard pharmaceuticals culture.

because a spirit told YOU,

more alcohol addiction,

more pharmaceutical addiction,

more tobacco addiction,

more illegal drug addiction,

more molestation,

more divorce,

more poverty,

more rape,

more murder,

is of him.

And that you should install it in women's lives.

Wherever you go.
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

You are going to go to hell, when you get clearance:

when you have permission to not go be with your wife and child after this life,

when you can go live in a world where everywhere, homosexuals are french kissing in the streets.

Your eyes will glaze over and your heart will pound, and you'll RUN
to get there.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

The LDS Church is founded on standards that were
defined by Jesus Christ because it is his Church. HENCE, THE NAME: "The CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints".

-PROPEHTS reveal revelations and define what is appropriate and what is not appropriate called Church Standards for the members to follow.

-MEMBERS decide how they will follow or not.

-INVESTIGATORS decided if they believe or not.

-Anti-Mormons... enough said.

---

I've know what has been said since Post #15567 on page 753.

I choose to stick to what I believe... which is to follow the standards the Prophets established for the LDS Church members... not the members, or anyone else.

The Church does define me. Though I don't define the Church. I would die for the Church... because it is Church established by Christ... it is his Church. Not mine, or anyone elses... HIS. I know Joseph Smith was a devine prophet selected to translate the plates to re-establish the gospel and end the dark ages.

People can make of that what they wish.

-They can use that to justify inappropriate behavior not taught by the leaders of the Church.

-They can use that as an excuse to make up or portray their version or opinion whatever the word of the day is.

---

Pearl,

If you are listening, my statements to you were sincere on page 753. I don't care what your beliefs about religion are... anyone can step up and out with hard work.

Christ does not judge you or define you for what other members have said. I hope you will investigate the Church and choose for yourself what you believe about the Church.

This forum is not for investigators to find the truth. Many of the posts here do not teach Church standards, and it is not a valid way to find out what the Church standards are or are not.

The only way for you to really know is to read the Bible, The Book of Mormon, talk to the missionaries, and go to Church.

I do wish you luck Pearl. I also hope you find a way to go to College... become more educated and be the best person you can be.

Don't let other people's opinions of you stop you. I know that people in your own family will judge you and condemn you for simply trying to step up. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you feel is best for you.

PF

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

piratefighting wrote:
I think what some people are missing is that the Book of Mormon is not Joseph Smith's word...
it's historical facts and Gospel teachings from Christ.
Do a comparison of the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and the Dead Sea Scrolls...
you will find gospel doctrine and timelines match before the redaction of the Bible...
Go back to the doctrines and historical annals which were kept before being modified.
true

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

sorry for typing errors above new puppy walking on my key board

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Father Overtime wrote:
Funny stuff that Dana thinks you can't choose who you have sex with all the way up to the point that he says," no more than a person chooses to be left handed or right.". I broke my right arm and had to use my left thus making me both handed. I chose, gay people choose what they do too.
You didn't chose to be left handed, you were forced to be. Big difference. Straight people can be forced to have sex with people of the same sex. The same with gay people. It is called rape.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't think he is fine with homosexuality but I do think he is well aware that it is the burden of that person." ...on that statement we totally agree.
I believe due to genetics and flaws in human chemistry you have those attracted to both sexes and the same sex. I call bisexuality a glitch in nature because they still maintain a want to procreate with the opposite sex. I call homosexuality the oddity of nature.
Forget god for a moment. let's speak strictly nature as evolution of species applies.
With exception to a-sexuals, living species are mostly geared for opposite attraction for reproduction. Most of the time be it heterosexual or bisexual, nature achieves what it sets out to do to keep various species existing. But on occasion, an abnormality happens and a member of a specie is attracted to the same specie. Now for nature, this existing member is an odd ball out. It has no will to do as most. Therefore it's primary purpose has been made useless, to procreate.
Consider this for a moment. Consider if all other species, cell or animal could do as humans and select whether it wanted to reproduce or not. Consider all living species could consider all the work and effort that goes in having off spring and or raising them and they could decide if all the effort was worth it, rather then being hard wired to mate regardless. How many species do you think would exist? I think very few because they would die out of existence.
I believe we are all born with a specific attraction be it hetero, homo, or bisexual. I think God has asked us all to do the right thing by his will. The hetero that want's to hump over and over with as many mates as possible, God has asked them to marry and stick to one mate. He has asked the same of bisexuals and homosexuals.
From nature most of us have a need/want/desire to mate as often as possible and with as many people as possible. That's our instinct from nature, the animal in us. But God has asked us all, regardless of our sexual orientation to conquer our desires and marry the opposite sex in hopes of procreating his spirits. That is what I believe.
And if God wanted gay people to marry people of the opposite sex, it would be part of their nature. Just like if God really wanted us to practice polygamy, it would part of the nature of women to want to. Normal women do not.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS wrote:
<quoted text>
There. Fixed that for you
HICK
Someone should fix you so you don't reproduce.
LATTER DAY SLUT.
1 post removed

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

MORMONISM MADE ME AN ANIMAL FUCKER wrote:
You are going to go to hell, when you get clearance:
when you have permission to not go be with your wife and child after this life,
when you can go live in a world where everywhere, homosexuals are french kissing in the streets.
Your eyes will glaze over and your heart will pound, and you'll RUN
to get there.
An you're going to fashion hell where you have to wear that hideous LDS underwear for all eternity doing 5 shows a day with Francis the talking mule giving head.
Mothra2

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.
ANd so do MANY men. As they run the joint. DUH!
PAGANISM CAUSES AIDS

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
An you're going to fashion hell where you have to wear that hideous LDS underwear for all eternity doing 5 shows a day with Francis the talking mule giving head.
Your adulterous filthy mind, is the gift your father Satan gave you

to pay you for braying to him.
Mothra2

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

piratefighting wrote:
The LDS Church is founded on standards that were
defined by Jesus Christ because it is his Church. HENCE, THE NAME: "The CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints".
-PROPEHTS reveal revelations and define what is appropriate and what is not appropriate called Church Standards for the members to follow.
-MEMBERS decide how they will follow or not.
-INVESTIGATORS decided if they believe or not.
-Anti-Mormons... enough said.
---
I've know what has been said since Post #15567 on page 753.
I choose to stick to what I believe... which is to follow the standards the Prophets established for the LDS Church members... not the members, or anyone else.
The Church does define me. Though I don't define the Church. I would die for the Church... because it is Church established by Christ... it is his Church. Not mine, or anyone elses... HIS. I know Joseph Smith was a devine prophet selected to translate the plates to re-establish the gospel and end the dark ages.
People can make of that what they wish.
-They can use that to justify inappropriate behavior not taught by the leaders of the Church.
-They can use that as an excuse to make up or portray their version or opinion whatever the word of the day is.
---
Pearl,
If you are listening, my statements to you were sincere on page 753. I don't care what your beliefs about religion are... anyone can step up and out with hard work.
Christ does not judge you or define you for what other members have said. I hope you will investigate the Church and choose for yourself what you believe about the Church.
This forum is not for investigators to find the truth. Many of the posts here do not teach Church standards, and it is not a valid way to find out what the Church standards are or are not.
The only way for you to really know is to read the Bible, The Book of Mormon, talk to the missionaries, and go to Church.
I do wish you luck Pearl. I also hope you find a way to go to College... become more educated and be the best person you can be.
Don't let other people's opinions of you stop you. I know that people in your own family will judge you and condemn you for simply trying to step up. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you feel is best for you.
PF
Christ was not a Failure as your cult would have us believe- That JSmith or BYoung had to repair! You put these Mortals in the Place of Christ and you will be severely judged for this! Taking the writing of men over the inspired Word of God!
Why not talk to a Bible Scholar instead of a Cult leader?
Be set free- not put into cultish bondage.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Mothra2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was not a Failure as your cult would have us believe- That JSmith or BYoung had to repair! You put these Mortals in the Place of Christ and you will be severely judged for this! Taking the writing of men over the inspired Word of God!
Why not talk to a Bible Scholar instead of a Cult leader?
Be set free- not put into cultish bondage.
You really sound rather ignorant and I don't really have time for ignorant people.

Thanks for the offer anyways though, but I choose to stick with a nice Mormon man with manners.

Have a great life!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••