Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

JBH

Richmond, Canada

#15278 Sep 16, 2012
Mormons ARE GREAT TO BE PRESIDENT.

You many different people out there still do not understand your imminent sake is at hand, that you need to give a full evaluation of the next course with no more Obama.

After almost four years of troubling many of you, Obama is impossible to do any good in the economics, including security and other policy matters.

In economics, Obama has just done what you don't want--by making more people poorer while making super-wealthy more wealthy, to entice the off-balancing of vast disproportional rate of wealth among the population. His appetites for growing large levels of debts are the craving and sprees to dispose your money away.

He cannot do any security by talking about getting bin laden, because the Libya and Egypt crisis was created by him to make the violences by his intrusion way of acts in the regions.

What is he going to do about Libya, as he has done much harms under international attention, which shows US on world stage is being dragged down by him? And that makes more global people no longer respects US stand.

What else can you do now?

Why do you need to ask too many questions when you have been doomed by Obama already and since you want to do the recovery which Obama has failed in four years?

How can Obama just do other things of Iraq, and health care, without the focusing on the economy as the economy is the basic priority before anything else--by doing just Iraq? And now he is to do what, to get into the economy he has ruined after four years?
If you think that way, you are out of your minds.

Do you want to ask Romney how to do the economy and foreign policy and so on?

He already told you about the overall ballpark numbers for cutting costs and the basic concepts of how the economy will work.
He had been to the world, to France, Afghanistan, Middle east, Iraq and beyond places, with high exposure of experience on world state of outlook.

At this late time of your stake, you still want to make your direction confused by asking what if Romney gives your numbers and specifics without your providing files and details of what have been done that need to move on, to be . Obama has to turn al these things to Romney without omission so that Romney will have a good work on them for you.
all people.

You can do better than that by knowing your stand of getting your new man Romney precedes anything, that Obama is to be rid of, so that, that is the best thing for time allotment and all your needs to get done with.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH OBAMA --NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS,AS ALL HAVE BEEN PROVEN that Obama is a big failure and the biggest trouble maker for all of you in modern times.

Why do you need to ask too much, as Obama as been proven unworkable, to be fired, but only that you know all his failed matters and the economy are as important and essential as your concrete basic steps to move on for now?

But continuance with Obama makes you act like psychotics and will make your future gloomy, and do you know that?
Sam

Salt Lake City, UT

#15279 Sep 16, 2012
YOU areVD infectedWHORES wrote:
Because I guarantee you with the twin seals of the .45 automatic
and
.50 caliber machingun
and the rasterized video technology
and local area network technology
we invented
this isn't the 1800s where your grand daddies got hopped up on liquor and chanted/danced themselves into a frenzy and just went out and murdered and raped and molested anybody they found be they American Indians or Mormons or whomever
You've been in the company of a man who said he approved murder: repeatedly; of ascetic Christians who had more than one wife fundie style.
That's religious bigotry against anyone who practices bible fundie style polygamy: the quiet out of the limelight kind practiced by Amish, the polygamous Mormon fundies, and actually even American Indians. Several of the larger tribes were, before the white man wiped out their right to a culture, polygamous.
So be aware HICK: people know what Evangel/AtheBillies are like when you gang up to exterminate people's cultures.
We Are All Part of God’s Family
When we call a fellow Church member "Brother" Lee or "Sister" Brown, we really mean it. We believe that each of us—including those who aren’t members of our Church—is a literal son or daughter of our Heavenly Father ( Hebrews 12:9 ) and therefore, our heavenly siblings. We were loved and taught by our Heavenly Father as part of an eternal family before coming to earth. So we share a bond that transcends this life. Think about it, if you truly thought of your neighbor or coworker as your brother or sister, would you treat them any differently? In the same vein, knowing that your earthly family has eternal significance might help you treat them better as well.

mormon.org

So lets all talk nice :-)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15280 Sep 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the words came from us, in a completely different order and context than you twisted them into. Good thing is, each and every time you do that you give yourself less credibility. I think most people investigating us would already see that you are crazy, now that you keep talking you are proving them right. THANK YOU !!!!!
Anyone investigating u will watch this video and realize they don't want to pay 10% to be scammed by ur freak show.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php...
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15281 Sep 16, 2012
LoL the real nice guy says what he says about please don't talk about my faith,

and right below it I mention having to protect ourselves with machine gun technology lest you evangel/athebillies wipe us out.

IT's a TRUE FACT the PROTESTANTS WIPED OUT the E.N.T.I.R.E. north american American Indian cultural system(s) and A LARGE PART OF THAT which WAS USED to JUSTIFY IT
was VIRULENT, MURDEROUS BIGOTRY toward polygamists among the AMERICAN INDIANS who practiced it.

NOW the think they're going to turn and tear mormons who USED to practice it: not even really reserving their venom for the mormon offshoot fundies who DO practice it.

We'll see how that works out.

I'm betting we're going to see a lot of pagans shot from helicopters if you try to start treating mormons and polygamous fundie Amish and American Indians like muslims treat people.

There's going to be rule of law in the United States if we have to put on youtube that we flew over you with the above mentioned neat technologies we gave you

which you seem to wish you could turn and abuse us with.
Not gonna be happening PAGAN HICKS.

Location hidden

#15282 Sep 16, 2012
LoL the real nice guy says what he says about please don't talk about my faith,
and right below it I mention having to protect ourselves with machine gun technology lest you evangel/athebillies wipe us out.
IT's a TRUE FACT the PROTESTANTS WIPED OUT the E.N.T.I.R.E. north american American Indian cultural system(s) and A LARGE PART OF THAT which WAS USED to JUSTIFY IT
was VIRULENT, MURDEROUS BIGOTRY toward polygamists among the AMERICAN INDIANS who practiced it.
NOW the think they're going to turn and tear mormons who USED to practice it: not even really reserving their venom for the mormon offshoot fundies who DO practice it.
We'll see how that works out.
I'm betting we're going to see a lot of pagans shot from helicopters if you try to start treating mormons and polygamous fundie Amish and American Indians like muslims treat people.
There's going to be rule of law in the United States if we have to put on youtube that we flew over you with the above mentioned neat technologies we gave you
which you seem to wish you could turn and abuse us with.
Not gonna be happening PAGAN HICKS.
Well, sounds like u better wrap ur head in tinfoil and run for ur bunker.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#15283 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone investigating u will watch this video and realize they don't want to pay 10% to be scammed by ur freak show.
Damn you are slooooooow. Let me say this once more. PAYING A 10 % TITHE IS A BIBLE COMMANDMENT NOT A MORMON ONE!! whew, I hate to yell but hopefully you heard it this time. Not only do most churches take 10 % of your earnings in tithes but they also pass around an offering plate to help support the pastor, reverand, minister, ect..... atleast when you bring up temple ceremonies you are speaking about something that is unique to mormonism in comparison to other christian religions. But tithing? really?
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15284 Sep 16, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
We Are All Part of God’s Family
When we call a fellow Church member "Brother" Lee or "Sister" Brown, we really mean it. We believe that each of us—including those who aren’t members of our Church—is a literal son or daughter of our Heavenly Father ( Hebrews 12:9 ) and therefore, our heavenly siblings. We were loved and taught by our Heavenly Father as part of an eternal family before coming to earth. So we share a bond that transcends this life. Think about it, if you truly thought of your neighbor or coworker as your brother or sister, would you treat them any differently? In the same vein, knowing that your earthly family has eternal significance might help you treat them better as well.
mormon.org
So lets all talk nice :-)
We are talking nice: that's how you can know.

You know we are talking nice because we're using words

on the internet

rather than rifles
in the woods around our homes
like the 1800s.
Sam

Salt Lake City, UT

#15285 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep the Law of Tithing
Giving back a part of what the Lord blesses us with lets us contribute to His work on earth.
Giving back a part of what the Lord blesses us with lets us contribute to His work on earth. Paying tithing means giving a tenth of our income to the Church to be used for the work of God here on earth. Some people think it sounds like a hardship but it’s not—it’s a blessing. Since ancient times, God has asked his people to keep the law of tithing.

Ten percent of our income may sound like a lot, especially to many of us who already feel like we're living on the edge of our budgets. But if we keep the law of tithing God promises to "open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" ( Malachi 3:10 ).

A blessing can take on many forms. Sometimes we are simply blessed to be able to do more with less, to find ways to save money that don't detract from our happiness. Often the simple act of taking ten percent out of our paycheck causes us to budget out the remaining ninety percent more carefully, and living by a budget always makes money go further. Whatever form the blessing takes, paying tithing reminds us that the things of God last longer than the things of the world. It helps to remember, also, that everything we have comes from God and we can show our gratitude to Him by giving a small part back.

Tithing funds are used to do the following:

-Construct temples, chapels, and other buildings
-Provide operating funds for the Church
-Assist in funding the missionary program
-Prepare materials used in Church classes and organizations
-Perform temple and family history work
-Tithing funds are not used for anyone's personal gain. The Church has a lay ministry (voluntary) worldwide.

Mormon.org

Location hidden

#15286 Sep 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Damn you are slooooooow. Let me say this once more. PAYING A 10 % TITHE IS A BIBLE COMMANDMENT NOT A MORMON ONE!! whew, I hate to yell but hopefully you heard it this time. Not only do most churches take 10 % of your earnings in tithes but they also pass around an offering plate to help support the pastor, reverand, minister, ect..... atleast when you bring up temple ceremonies you are speaking about something that is unique to mormonism in comparison to other christian religions. But tithing? really?
Yes, tithing. Name another religion that demands 10% off the top for the highest level of salvation...besides scrubbing ward toilets and all that other silliness u check off the weekly list.
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15287 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sounds like u better wrap ur head in tinfoil and run for ur bunker.
Your offspring will be the ones on youtube being burned out by the police after they vadalize & murder.

Bet
on
that.

“I will not keep calm”

#15288 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, tithing. Name another religion that demands 10% off the top for the highest level of salvation...besides scrubbing ward toilets and all that other silliness u check off the weekly list.
Baptist, southern baptist, free will baptist, non- denominational, holiness, church of God. Shall I continue?
How is scrubbing a toilet of a place I worship in silly? I like to have a clean place to rest my delicate rear end.

Location hidden

#15289 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Your offspring will be the ones on youtube being burned out by the police after they vadalize & murder.
Bet
on
that.
Ur children will all have tiny heads and weird little thumbs

Location hidden

#15290 Sep 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Baptist, southern baptist, free will baptist, non- denominational, holiness, church of God. Shall I continue?
How is scrubbing a toilet of a place I worship in silly? I like to have a clean place to rest my delicate rear end.
Umm, no. Those religions do not limit your access to them based on how much u pay them.

“I will not keep calm”

#15291 Sep 16, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep the Law of Tithing
Giving back a part of what the Lord blesses us with lets us contribute to His work on earth.
Giving back a part of what the Lord blesses us with lets us contribute to His work on earth. Paying tithing means giving a tenth of our income to the Church to be used for the work of God here on earth. Some people think it sounds like a hardship but it’s not—it’s a blessing. Since ancient times, God has asked his people to keep the law of tithing.
Ten percent of our income may sound like a lot, especially to many of us who already feel like we're living on the edge of our budgets. But if we keep the law of tithing God promises to "open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" ( Malachi 3:10 ).
A blessing can take on many forms. Sometimes we are simply blessed to be able to do more with less, to find ways to save money that don't detract from our happiness. Often the simple act of taking ten percent out of our paycheck causes us to budget out the remaining ninety percent more carefully, and living by a budget always makes money go further. Whatever form the blessing takes, paying tithing reminds us that the things of God last longer than the things of the world. It helps to remember, also, that everything we have comes from God and we can show our gratitude to Him by giving a small part back.
Tithing funds are used to do the following:
-Construct temples, chapels, and other buildings
-Provide operating funds for the Church
-Assist in funding the missionary program
-Prepare materials used in Church classes and organizations
-Perform temple and family history work
-Tithing funds are not used for anyone's personal gain. The Church has a lay ministry (voluntary) worldwide.
Mormon.org
All of this was very nicely said, thanks Sam.

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#15292 Sep 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Baptist, southern baptist, free will baptist, non- denominational, holiness, church of God. Shall I continue?
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice...

“I will not keep calm”

#15293 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, no. Those religions do not limit your access to them based on how much u pay them.
Neither does mine, and the Bishop doesnt give you "the look" like your pastor does at other churches. These churches also require 10 percent. so again, your point??

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#15294 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Ur children will all have tiny heads and weird little thumbs
And to think, the state of Utah allows you to be around children.

“I will not keep calm”

#15295 Sep 16, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
And to think, the state of Utah allows you to be around children.
Good point! That is all I need to never move there.

Location hidden

#15296 Sep 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Neither does mine, and the Bishop doesnt give you "the look" like your pastor does at other churches. These churches also require 10 percent. so again, your point??
O for fcuks sake....those churches REQUEST 10%. They don't say, u can't enter the voodoo circle if u don't pay. Your cult REQUIRES 10% off the top or u LOSE ur RECCOMMEND.

Really, again with the "clueless routine???
1 post removed

“I will not keep calm”

#15298 Sep 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
O for fcuks sake....those churches REQUEST 10%. They don't say, u can't enter the voodoo circle if u don't pay. Your cult REQUIRES 10% off the top or u LOSE ur RECCOMMEND.
Really, again with the "clueless routine???
Wow you think you are so smart. I didn't pay my tithing once for an entire year and was completely honest about it. I never lost my recommend. Shows how much you DON'T know. Im not at all clueless as you have mentioned. I am however cute and sweet as you have also mentioned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans ram $4 trillion budget bill through... 1 min Noe 54
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Stank Britches 1,620,717
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Bongo 37,157
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Hello from sunny ... 64,003
News More 20 min Gate Keeper 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 22 min Into The Night 37,495
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 27 min Wondering 13,187
More from around the web