Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32946 Mar 2, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Avoiding the real question, as usual. Where is it recorded he ever actually found any treasure? He was good at convincing people he could do it, but there is zero record of him ever actually finding any. Zero. He had no success with Stowel or anybody else. He was charge with disturbing the peace. I'll wait.
Let's get this understood. I gave you a link a while back where this info you doubt is in it. The fact the info exists and the fact you doubt it proves you don't read Mormon history. You read anti-Mormon comments and declare them the equivalent of being God's truth against Mormonism.
You're a fricking liar that he had no success at Josiah's place. Josiah claimed he did have success so Josiah's own comments call you a liar. Go read the fricking court history.
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#32947 Mar 2, 2014
and the band played on.

your god, my god, their god.

Our God.

~Oz

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32948 Mar 2, 2014
I'll bet you you everyone of those children when to an LDS family. If you can't convert them, steal them.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57432393-78...

Marysville, CA

#32949 Mar 2, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get this understood. I gave you a link a while back where this info you doubt is in it. The fact the info exists and the fact you doubt it proves you don't read Mormon history. You read anti-Mormon comments and declare them the equivalent of being God's truth against Mormonism.
You're a fricking liar that he had no success at Josiah's place. Josiah claimed he did have success so Josiah's own comments call you a liar. Go read the fricking court history.
I have read them, none of them said he actually found anything. None. Feel free to prove me wrong. I'll wait.

Marysville, CA

#32950 Mar 2, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You stated... "The scan only started with the book and the hopes of making money off it. The idea for starting a church came later. DUH!!" And the fact is that he made no $ off the BOM. And any $ he got for the copies was never noted to have went into his pockets for personal expense. So much for the BOM scam to get rich.
I didn't say he was successful at it, I said that was the plan. LOL!!!
You're wrong in your own statement. The scam as you claim it could never lay with the printing of the BOM. You theory of a scam would have predated the first vision. It would have had to of predated the first vision in order for him to set the stage to deceive first his family and than friends and strangers concerning the coming forth of the BOM.
There is no documentation or mention of the First Vision until 3 years years after the church was formed, none. Smith only gave stories of Nephi/Moroni visiting him with tales of golden plates.
Smith was 14 when according to your logic he began his religious scam of declaring having a vision. At 17 according to your theory he continued the scam as you call it by declaring to people an angel showed him gold plates that he would in the future translate from. According to your logic of this scam he than finally at age 22 with Emma in on the scam, he decided to pretend to have the gold plates and he spoke and Emma wrote. Than Harris is convinced to join the scam according to your logic and to write as Smith pretends to read from pretend gold plates.
Harris was a victim of the scam, demonstrated by the fact he sold part of his farm to pay for the printing of it. Try to keep up, boy.
Than for the *ell of it, Harris and Smith pretend to lose 116 pages and Smith pretends to be pissed at Harris and Harris pretends to be sad and they both pretend they can't write any more for almost a year later.
Than still pretending to be offended at Harris, Smith gets Cowdery to join his scam to help write the BOM from the pretend gold plates. They pretend to take another year and get the first editions printed off in March of 1830.
"Pretend" is your word ass claim, not mine. Harris did lose it. Most likely his wife took it and burned it. Smith couldn't remember all the details, and in paranoid fashion feared someone actually still had it to try to trick him challenging his claims of translating from golden plates. Smith knew if he couldn't reproduce the details accurately the second time and someone whipped out the first copy to show the difference, he would be exposed. That is why he make up the BS about the "lesser plates".
So by your logic, Smith had to of began his scam in thought long before the first vision. Getting people to believe in the first vision allowed them to later believe in the visions of Moroni and the gold plates which allowed them to believe in the BOM printed in book form which allowed them to believe Smith was a prophet of a new Christian religion. That's your self logic back at you dude.
You clearly have reading comprehension problems. I have just cleared it up, try to get it right this time, and stop being intentionally stupid. OK?

Marysville, CA

#32951 Mar 2, 2014
Ozzie wrote:
and the band played on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iHsx1cvACkYXX
your god, my god, their god.
Our God.
~Oz
Mormonism is a shinking ship.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32952 Mar 2, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read them, none of them said he actually found anything. None. Feel free to prove me wrong. I'll wait.
I won't prove you wrong. But you will prove you're wrong. You will prove you never read the entire article. So you'll make a liar of your own words you claim are true which in fact aren't true as you claim it.
I told you Stowel stated Smith had not decieved him and that Stowel claimed Smith had found a couple things.
The article proves me right and the article proves you wrong and that you didn't read it.

http://www.omninerd.com/articles/The_1826_Tri...

bq. "Josiah Stowel sworn: says that prisoner had been at his house something like five months; had been employed by him to work on farm part of time; that he pretended to have skill of telling where hidden treasures in the earth were by means of looking through a certain stone; that prisoner had looked for him sometimes; once to tell him about money buried in Bend Mountain in Pennsylvania, once for gold on Monument Hill, and once for a salt spring; and that he positively knew that the prisoner could tell, and did possess the art of seeing those valuable treasures through the medium of said stone; that he found the [word illegible] at Bend and Monument Hill as prisoner represented it; that prisoner had looked through said stone for Deacon Attleton for a mine, did not exactly find it, but got a p—-[word unfinished] of ore which resembled gold, he thinks; that prisoner had told by means of this stone where a Mr. Bacon had buried money; that he and prisoner had been in search of it; that prisoner had said it was in a certain root of a stump five feet from surface of the earth, and with it would be found a tail feather; that said Stowel and prisoner thereupon commenced digging, found a tail feather, but money was gone; that he supposed the money moved down. That prisoner did offer his services; that he never deceived him; that prisoner looked through stone and described Josiah Stowel’s house and outhouses, while at Palmyra at Simpson Stowel’s, correctly; that he had told about a painted tree, with a man’s head painted upon it, by means of said stone. That he had been in company with prisoner digging for gold, and had the most implicit faith in prisoner’s skill.- See more at: http://www.omninerd.com/articles/The_1826_Tri...

Marysville, CA

#32953 Mar 3, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't prove you wrong. But you will prove you're wrong. You will prove you never read the entire article. So you'll make a liar of your own words you claim are true which in fact aren't true as you claim it.
I told you Stowel stated Smith had not decieved him and that Stowel claimed Smith had found a couple things.
The article proves me right and the article proves you wrong and that you didn't read it.
http://www.omninerd.com/articles/The_1826_Tri...
bq. "Josiah Stowel sworn: says that prisoner had been at his house something like five months; had been employed by him to work on farm part of time; that he pretended to have skill of telling where hidden treasures in the earth were by means of looking through a certain stone; that prisoner had looked for him sometimes; once to tell him about money buried in Bend Mountain in Pennsylvania, once for gold on Monument Hill, and once for a salt spring; and that he positively knew that the prisoner could tell, and did possess the art of seeing those valuable treasures through the medium of said stone; that he found the [word illegible] at Bend and Monument Hill as prisoner represented it; that prisoner had looked through said stone for Deacon Attleton for a mine, did not exactly find it, but got a p—-[word unfinished] of ore which resembled gold, he thinks; that prisoner had told by means of this stone where a Mr. Bacon had buried money; that he and prisoner had been in search of it; that prisoner had said it was in a certain root of a stump five feet from surface of the earth, and with it would be found a tail feather; that said Stowel and prisoner thereupon commenced digging, found a tail feather, but money was gone; that he supposed the money moved down. That prisoner did offer his services; that he never deceived him; that prisoner looked through stone and described Josiah Stowel’s house and outhouses, while at Palmyra at Simpson Stowel’s, correctly; that he had told about a painted tree, with a man’s head painted upon it, by means of said stone. That he had been in company with prisoner digging for gold, and had the most implicit faith in prisoner’s skill.- See more at: http://www.omninerd.com/articles/The_1826_Tri...
He found a tail feather! Don't know what he found at Bend or Monument Hill. "The money moved down"!!!(This happened a lot when Joseph went treasure hunting) You gonna tell me the money actually moved! LOL!!!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32954 Mar 3, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He found a tail feather! Don't know what he found at Bend or Monument Hill. "The money moved down"!!!(This happened a lot when Joseph went treasure hunting) You gonna tell me the money actually moved! LOL!!!
Yeah... the Indians left so much money around for Joseph Smith to go "treasure hunting" for hundred of years later.

Marysville, CA

#32955 Mar 4, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... the Indians left so much money around for Joseph Smith to go "treasure hunting" for hundred of years later.
Most of the time he was claiming it was Spanish treasure. Just as stupid, I agree. But he did it.
Andy

Brooklyn, NY

#32956 Mar 4, 2014
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
You DENY the ONENESS of jesus and the Father being one and the same.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32957 Mar 4, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time he was claiming it was Spanish treasure. Just as stupid, I agree. But he did it.
Well, dude if you know just a little history... the Spanish came to conquer the Indians. They had to have left things behind. I would agree with that... in fact when they ran from the Indians they even left their dogs and skirt tailed. lol.

So when Cortez came and landed... he burned his ship so his army couldn't flee. lol.

The Egyptians, Mayans, oh gosh many many civilizations left things behind that we (our civilization) has found in this day and time.

Though I don't think the Spaniards came here and buried money for Joseph Smith to find. You know what they say one mans trash is another mans treasure.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32958 Mar 4, 2014
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
You DENY the ONENESS of jesus and the Father being one and the same.
YOU Don't?

Marysville, CA

#32959 Mar 4, 2014
Mormon church crapping their pants:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...

No full tax break for Mormon temple in England, court rules
Published on Mar 4, 2014 04:50PM

European judges have rejected the LDS Church’s human-rights complaint against the United Kingdom, The Telegraph reported Tuesday, so now the Utah-based faith will have to pay property taxes on its Preston Temple.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints claims nearly 190,000 members in the U.K., where Mormon meetinghouses enjoy full exemptions from property taxes. But LDS temples, unlike meetinghouses, are open only to devout Latter-day Saints with "recommends."

The British government ruled in 2005 that a full property tax break was not appropriate for the temple in Lancashire because it did not qualify as a "place of public religious worship," The Telegraph reported. The France-based European Court of Human Rights has now agreed.

The temple does receive an 80 percent reduction in rates because of its use for charitable purposes, The Telegraph noted.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints respects the decision of the Strasbourg court," said Malcom Adcock, a spokesman for the church in Britain, "and is grateful that the charitable activities of churches are recognized under U.K. and European law."

The LDS Church, which also has a temple in London, declined additional comment Tuesday.

Salt Lake City-based church representatives also could not immediately provide an update on a summons for LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson to appear in a British court on charges of fraud brought by a former Mormon bishop, who alleges the faith’s teachings are deceptive.

A district judge in Westminster Magistrates’ Court of London previously issued a summons to Monson, considered a "prophet, seer and revelator" in Mormonism, to appear March 14.

Matthew Piper

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32960 Mar 5, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
European judges have rejected the LDS Church’s human-rights complaint against the United Kingdom, The Telegraph reported Tuesday, so now the Utah-based faith will have to pay property taxes on its Preston Temple.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints claims nearly 190,000 members in the U.K., where Mormon meetinghouses enjoy full exemptions from property taxes. But LDS temples, unlike meetinghouses, are open only to devout Latter-day Saints with "recommends."
The British government ruled in 2005 that a full property tax break was not appropriate for the temple in Lancashire because it did not qualify as a "place of public religious worship," The Telegraph reported. The France-based European Court of Human Rights has now agreed.
The temple does receive an 80 percent reduction in rates because of its use for charitable purposes, The Telegraph noted.
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints respects the decision of the Strasbourg court," said Malcom Adcock, a spokesman for the church in Britain, "and is grateful that the charitable activities of churches are recognized under U.K. and European law."
The LDS Church, which also has a temple in London, declined additional comment Tuesday.
Salt Lake City-based church representatives also could not immediately provide an update on a summons for LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson to appear in a British court on charges of fraud brought by a former Mormon bishop, who alleges the faith’s teachings are deceptive.
A district judge in Westminster Magistrates’ Court of London previously issued a summons to Monson, considered a "prophet, seer and revelator" in Mormonism, to appear March 14.
Matthew Piper
See you are the only one crapping themselves. The Church has investments to fall back on.

Do you think all inhabitants of the world believed in Jesus and his teachings when he was living on this earth?

The answer is obviously NO, otherwise they would not have crucified him. Some will know with full certainty in their hearts the truth, others will listen to Satan's crew... which will you do is the answer.

The in perfect will be held accountable Dana... I'm not talking about you... I'm not talking about anyone specific. I am talking about all... even unworthy Mormons. Having a membership does not make you worthy to be in God's Kingdom. I hope you realize that some day.

Marysville, CA

#32961 Mar 5, 2014
Mormons getting the same treatment as gays. I just love the irony. LOL!!!

http://bycommonconsent.com/2014/03/03/bffs-wi...

With the recent decision from BSA to allow openly gay scouts, a number of long-time scouting supporters were, and continue to be, upset. So upset, in fact, that a new program has been established:“Trail Life USA – the new Christian-based alternative that excludes openly gay boys.”

Naturally, the question on everyone’s mind, of course, is whether our super-allies will let us Mormons join. Will “Trail Life USA” become the new official Activity Wing of the Aaronic Priesthood? Let’s consult Trail Life USA’s FAQ page for answers!

Would Mormons or potential Mormon troops be welcomed in your organization?

We certainly respect Mormons. However, Mormons would not participate in our program as a denomination because of our specific Statement of Faith which holds a belief in the Trinity, which is not in step with Mormon theology. The Mormon Church has issued an official edict that the recent change in membership requirements at the BSA is not at odds with Mormon theology, so Mormons as a denomination are not leaving the BSA at this time.

Marysville, CA

#32962 Mar 5, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
See you are the only one crapping themselves. The Church has investments to fall back on.
Do you think all inhabitants of the world believed in Jesus and his teachings when he was living on this earth?
The answer is obviously NO, otherwise they would not have crucified him. Some will know with full certainty in their hearts the truth, others will listen to Satan's crew... which will you do is the answer.
The in perfect will be held accountable Dana... I'm not talking about you... I'm not talking about anyone specific. I am talking about all... even unworthy Mormons. Having a membership does not make you worthy to be in God's Kingdom. I hope you realize that some day.
You do love a vengeful God, don't you? Be careful, that vengeance will include you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32963 Mar 5, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You do love a vengeful God, don't you? Be careful, that vengeance will include you.
I expect it to.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32964 Mar 5, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"...once to tell him about money buried in Bend Mountain in Pennsylvania, once for gold on Monument Hill, and once for a salt spring;and that he positively knew that the prisoner could tell, and did possess the art of seeing those valuable treasures through the medium of said stone; that he found the [word illegible] at Bend and Monument Hill as prisoner represented it;"

Why do you write like such a stupid idiot that can't read? I know you're not a stupid idiot. So why think like one?
Josiah stated what Smith said would be buried at Bend Mountain, it was buried there, they found it.
Josiah said the gold on Monument Hill was found and the salt spring was found.
You can goof on the rest. But you stand convicted of your own lie that Josiah never said he found anything Smith said was where it was. Nuff said :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32965 Mar 5, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
Matthew Piper
Christians crap their pants when any religious organization is made to pay property taxes because a reason could be found next for them.
Personally I think all religions with buildings and property should be taxed like everyone else. If they did that here in the US, I would wager in a single years hundreds of Christian churches would have to close their doors due to lack of funds to pay those property taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Buy Bull BS 5,401
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 262,124
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 11 min jonjedi 63
News Ivanka Trump: A White House force, just not an ... 12 min jonjedi 160
News Comey: FBI probing links between Russia, Trump ... 14 min jonjedi 427
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Cheech the Conser... 1,509,116
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 15 min jonjedi 3,403
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min wow 239,548
More from around the web