Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

pearl

Sandy, UT

#31501 Jan 17, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say you have to be joking that you haven't noticed that females are taking over more and more leadership positions in our society in the last century of the work force and political field and males are ruling less and less as each decade goes by but, you did state you haven't noticed any of that taking place so to you I understand it was a dumb statement. According to your statement in the above, women are still chained to the home and popping out the kids and have achieved nothing more. I understand I was wrong to your information :)
There's a big difference between your original stance of "men ruling very little any more" and your new stance of "males are ruling less and less."

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31502 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So it revolves around you, and was made so you could find your way home fulfill your destiny and become god like?
What do you think... the World revolves around?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#31503 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>That's like saying a banana is an orange because they are both fruit and we only differentiate between them to convince ourselves that we have a diverse diet. Murder always includes malice, premeditation and intent. A killing is not always murder, hence they are not the same.
No it isn't. That was a lame comparison. Murder doesn't always include premeditated intent and killing someone can be premeditated. The smaller percentages of murders and killings are from actual premeditated intent. The larger percentages of murders and killings are from non-premeditated intent. This larger group falls under 2nd and 3rd degree murder and manslaughter 1, 2 and 3.
I'll state again. "I wrote it the way I did because murder/killing achieve the same result, loss of life no matter what reason the loss of life is founded upon. Humans have made a difference between the words 'kill' and 'murder' to justify their reason for taking life so they don't feel so guilty for having taken a life."
Maybe you should note the first definition of each word and the absence of the word "premeditation".
http://www.bing.com/search...
Kill: cause something living to die: to cause the death of a person, animal, or other organism
http://www.bing.com/search...
Murder: crime of killing somebody: the crime of killing another person deliberately and not in self-defense or with any other extenuating circumstance recognized by law

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#31504 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>This is becoming quite ridiculous, I've made only two claims in regard to this conversation, and they are: Human nature cannot be changed by making laws forbidding it. You for some reason are saying I claimed, "human instinct cannot be changed." You're trying to change my claim.
No I haven't tried to change your claim. I have tried to help you understand the fallacy of your claim so you can change it.
You have used both words nature and instinct regarding humans and neither word according to you are able to be changed by law or anything else.
What you have consistently failed to do, and I asked twice, three times now, is to make a list of several natural or instinctive things humans do today that you claim laws or anything else cannot change.
Next, before you answer you need to remember you are speaking of human nature, also called human instinct, a thing that comes with us from our DNA passed down to us from BEFORE birth. Not AFTER birth. And that is why I have tried to get you to see the difference between human nature or human instinct and human behavior. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#31505 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I never said human instinct can't be changed. That's an entirely different argument. I never "called" anything human instinct. I said nothing about human instinct until about two minutes ago in my last post, and that was at your urging.
I went back through the posts. You used human nature and human instinct as one and the same in four posts. In one post you stated of both and how neither could be changed. In that post I quoted below you used the word nature and instinct regarding humans and than went on to describe the actions of copulation and possibly ego as unchangeable human instinct. And in the above post you claimed you said nothing of human instinct and you did. And you did name at least one human action as being "instinct, copulation" and in the above you claimed you did no such thing.

"Human nature doesn't change just because it's forbidden. If that were true all you fine Christians could have attained by now, that pursuit of perfection in your following of your Christ. Mans instinct to copulate is stronger than a law forbidding it. It been common place ever since the institution of marriage. And then well you always have that male ego thing to deal with also."

Now tell me again you never used the word human instinct except once you claimed in the above and tell me you never said human instinct couldn't be changed because you did say that about the human instinct to copulate.
Once again you're not remembering what you wrote. I hope that helps?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31506 Jan 17, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The sad joke is your post is from a low mentality based on immature childish rantings. That's the sad joke. You pull out numbers and think you have proven something I wasn't even debating. Some more hallucinating on your part also. You should have tried to respond to what I actually wrote. It would have been a better option, just suggesting :)
your post said the LDS counted its membership the same way as the RCC because your both large religions.

I should your religion is not large you compare 1.200.000.000.00 BILLION to 14.000.000.00 million or

to say it in a way you might understand a religion 85 times larger than yours.

You are a dumb, stupid, arrogant, Idiot, I know you did not debate because you have not the first clue what a debate is. That is not name calling I am using the words in their correct meaning as they clearly apply to you.

Your above post shows you have the mentality of a 10 year old

The best thing you could do is leave this thread and sign up at a vocational school and get your high school diploma equivalent.

Just saying LOL you are such fool

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#31507 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
In addition, you say my problem is I label all things that humans do as instinct, when again I've made no such assertions, implied or expressed. I've made no argument. you've brought both behavior and instinct into your arguments, I made no claims either way. So everything you've said here about my claims are incorrect.
But I will answer your last query, "What human instinct can't be changed by laws," You've already addressed the obvious answer, "To Exist"
You claimed human nature (and human instinct) cannot be changed. You made that claim several times. You're problem was not defining what of human behavior was human nature/instinct and what was strictly human behavior.
I defined several times the difference between human nature/instinct and human behavior. I gave examples of human behavior. I gave one (actually two) example of human nature/instinct which Psych defines as fight or flight from the natural born instinct we all have to exist. You agreed to that one.
But your problems remains the same. You claim human nature can't be changed and you still haven't given any examples of what you call are human nature actions that you claim can't be changed by laws or behavior.
Want an example of a specific human nature that is changed by parental behavior? Crapping and pissing. Laughable I know till you consider an infant is allowed to crap and piss by natural human instinct that is not learned. But as soon as the brain can receive an understanding the parent of the infant begin to teach that infant now a toddler to not piss and crap when they want. They change this natural instinct in the toddler to now piss and crap at a specific time when they feel the urge to go in a toilet and not just anytime as happened in a diaper. Follow? Parental law changes natural human instinct to piss and crap at will to pissing and crapping at specific times in an acceptable way in an approved device where they exist called bathrooms.
Point being human nature can be changed.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#31508 Jan 17, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>There's a big difference between your original stance of "men ruling very little any more" and your new stance of "males are ruling less and less."
Yes, a big difference. My original statement covered all factions of life where males once ruled in all areas. You are the one that qualified my statement as pertaining ONLY to CEOs, politicians ans kings and rulers. That was your error, not mine. If you were confused by what I said, you should have asked if I was speaking of all parts of life or just specific areas which you didn't ask. You made an assumption so your bad not mine :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#31509 Jan 17, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
your post said the LDS counted its membership the same way as the RCC because your both large religions.
I should your religion is not large you compare 1.200.000.000.00 BILLION to 14.000.000.00 million or
to say it in a way you might understand a religion 85 times larger than yours.
You are a dumb, stupid, arrogant, Idiot, I know you did not debate because you have not the first clue what a debate is. That is not name calling I am using the words in their correct meaning as they clearly apply to you.
Your above post shows you have the mentality of a 10 year old
The best thing you could do is leave this thread and sign up at a vocational school and get your high school diploma equivalent.
Just saying LOL you are such fool
Why do you enjoy being so immature and childish in you posts? Just wondering. Are you a child? That would explain the immature childish posts you make. Grow up and talk like an adult minus the immature childish rhetoric and I'll debate with you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31510 Jan 18, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>There's a big difference between your original stance of "men ruling very little any more" and your new stance of "males are ruling less and less."
I've been around for a long time and that is not "his" stance. He is not the one who thinks the world revolves around him. Speak to Dana about that one gut eater.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31511 Jan 18, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I never said human instinct can't be changed. That's an entirely different argument. I never "called" anything human instinct. I said nothing about human instinct until about two minutes ago in my last post, and that was at your urging.
If you were not trying to play literalism games... you would not get caught in them.

You try to trap people into saying something... anything... then you argue about it with them for days and days... until it becomes you badgering them.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31512 Jan 18, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No Eclair, Didn't say anything about evolution, simply saying that the statement "Men rule very little anymore" is incorrect. That was a huge leap on your part and you got a little fecal matter on your face from pulling that one out of your ass. The rule is to wash before and after, you personally, think out of your most prominent orifice.
OMgoodness, here we go on another endless loop.

When you are writing a computer program and you want it to check something and it has variables in it... so you make a loop... if you don't use the correct syntax you could create an endless loop... and your system will just keep running it and running it until your computer crashes... OOPS. That is what happens when anyone tries to have a conversation with you.

You must win every conversation... and every conversation must be on your terms... and you will outline those terms as you go... that is why so many people have came in here and said that you are not all there.
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND

Gridley, CA

#31513 Jan 18, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think anyone should marry you.

That's because I'm a heterosexual. You're against that. You think everyone should be a feces eater like you.

Don't worry that daughter of yours will eat enough of it out of the river of filth you're launching her off into.
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND

Gridley, CA

#31514 Jan 18, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No Eclair, Didn't say anything about evolution, simply saying that the statement "Men rule very little anymore" is incorrect. That was a huge leap on your part and you got a little fecal matter on your face from pulling that one out of your ass. The rule is to wash before and after, you personally, think out of your most prominent orifice.
You've been in here complaining "Why is man in charge... Why is man the boss... Why is man this,... and why can't I be one of the tall strong ones that,"

for MONTHS.

All it takes is a quick search of your name to see what kind of resentment courses through you.

Anywhere from "Why don't you people have a matriarchy like us Indians" to "How dare you outlaw our murder/rape/robbery/molesting ring we had over the other Indians, it's un natural to NOT be a predatory raider."

Stop trying to pretend what you were saying isn't exactly a jab at the Mormons for admitting we understand evolution.

You're still trying to pretend no such thing exists when the name of our entire Gospel plan is

"The Evolution of Spirits."

Keep whining your intellect down the drain.

Nobody cares, even you - that's why the Lord can't help you: words wouldn't work. You've got the entirety of all civilization's major works for you free on line. You've got government grants, schools on nearly everry corner.

One of the MAJOR lessons we're to learn down here is it doesn't matter how much you whine and cry and act like its somebody else who made you a loser:

the FIRST indicator it's self administered is words don't work on you.

We're supposed to tell you the general story ONCE.

If you don't buy it then to hell you go. FREEDOM. WE INSTALL IT ONE HELL BOUND PAGAN at a TIME.

We're not here to trade on your improvement.
We're here to tell you there's a way you don't have to live in the drunk Indian being stoned age.
1 post removed

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#31516 Jan 18, 2014
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because I'm a heterosexual. You're against that. You think everyone should be a feces eater like you.
Don't worry that daughter of yours will eat enough of it out of the river of filth you're launching her off into.
If you ate shit, you would be a cannibal. And my daughter is already 3 times the woman you are. She also isn't old, fat, and ugly like you either. Your own vibrator committed suicide, nasty ass. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#31517 Jan 18, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around for a long time and that is not "his" stance. He is not the one who thinks the world revolves around him. Speak to Dana about that one gut eater.
It's my world, you're just a squirrel trying to get a nut, Carol! LOL!!!
1 post removed

Marysville, CA

#31519 Jan 18, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were not trying to play literalism games... you would not get caught in them.
You try to trap people into saying something... anything... then you argue about it with them for days and days... until it becomes you badgering them.
A good description of your boyfriend, except he will try to change what someone actually says so he doesn't look so damn stupid, and then debate that. He seems to have serious reading comprehension problems.
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND

Gridley, CA

#31520 Jan 18, 2014
Dana melted down about 8 months ago and started calling 4 or 5 different people the name Carol.

Nobody knew what he meant. Turns out Dana runs a Bible oriented homosexual troll site where he poses as a pastor. A woman wrote him allowing how she's an ex Mormon since she was 10 and she's now like 65 and she needs "guidance" from Dana.

LoL

Dana was so melted down about all of us making such a fool out of an anti Mormon homosexual - really atheistic who uses Christianity to pick up better washed better mannered young men -

he decided we were all the same 65 year old reader who wrote him here assuming different identities: men, women, from all over the country -

it's all ONE 65 YEAR OLD WOMAN making him PRINT HIS OWN READERS MAIL to HIM over here at TOPIX.

The term 'cuckoo' is the easy way of saying it.

There's the link. Here's his post when he was melting down.

H.i.l.a.r.i.t.y. money can't buy.

=======
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
=======
"And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it.
=======
LoL!

"
I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter" ?

She purtind to be uh.. ex mormon. LoLoLoL.

"All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers."

Awl thim leddurz wuz hurz. Ya'W.

That's what crawls out of cone shaped hat country demanding he be allowed to "counsel" your kids about his homosexuality.

He's what we Mormons call an apostate. If you join the church then drop away and criticize it the Lord promises you'll pay by being seen acting insane in public.

Obviously that's holding true for Dana who wasn't able to spell correctly either before or after the letter then expressed he thought it noteworthy a sixty five year old church lady misspelled some words. From HIS church mind you she is ONE of his FOLLOWERS.

LoL. With friends like him feeling up your kid who needs enemies?
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND

Gridley, CA

#31521 Jan 18, 2014
Come to think of it Dana might be Carol Sutton himself!

LoL !
=======
In any case if you joined the Church and now you're thinking about pulling a Judas Iscariot remember what happened to this worms-in-the-brain little boy lap dancer. It can happen to you.
DaMeS iMaGiNarY FRieND

Gridley, CA

#31522 Jan 18, 2014
Oh it was like ELEVEN months ago when the guy so gay Safeway could use his lap as a meat scale

melted down and out of the blue began simply revealing his correspondence with some other man's wife,

humiliating her in public for the unforgivable sin

of
trusting

him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama given rock star welcome in Berlin 1 min American_Infidel 84
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Uncle Tab 270,283
News Republican wins Montana election despite assaul... 2 min Ronald 31
News James Comey fired as FBI director 3 min FormerParatrooper 2,780
News Barack Obama charms golfing crowds during round... 3 min American_Infidel 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min TomInElPaso 25,630
News US Muslim group says Ben Carson should drop out... (Sep '15) 5 min American_Infidel 283
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min bad bob 2,612
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min John 1,535,908
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 52 min Lawrence Wolf 418
More from around the web