Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29435 Nov 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like the cult very much, do you? Have you seen any of newnamenoah's temple videos?
The poor thing is trying to get laid. Should we let him find out about the local gonorrhea outbreak on his own? Could be a real turn on for somebody.
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29436 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There wasn't a contradiction except if you twist the information to glean one where there was none which you and dana do so very often it's becoming a normal pattern of you both.
There's a distinction you're for some reason based in idiocy not acknowledging. That's on you.
"About six in ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church." You posted it, how does this information escape you?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#29437 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The poor thing is trying to get laid. Should we let him find out about the local gonorrhea outbreak on his own? Could be a real turn on for somebody.
(Oh, let him figure it out:)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#29438 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>"About six in ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church." You posted it, how does this information escape you?
He's blinded by the title
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29439 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dana, there's someone you can identify with. He was disillusioned with the new LDS race attitude policy like you!
That's one thing you can count on with the LDS, unlike those stuffy Catholics who stick to their doctrine, the Mormons will always update their "new" "attitude" to eventually reflect political correctness.

“Shibari Master”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29440 Nov 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like the cult very much, do you? Have you seen any of newnamenoah's temple videos?
I see no reason to watch any videos made by people who are just doing as I said, trying to justify their own failed faith.

I actually live the one Mormon teaching I actually believe in, "let them worship how, where, or what they may."

If I am being totally open, I have to say, I know there is something more than what we see.( I actually do ghost investigation for a TV show and I have seen things that would turn a black man white) So, does "God" exist? Maybe. Do I care? Not really. I just chose to no longer believe that the invisible man in the sky will reward me for being good and punish me for being bad. I want to believe in Karma, but I am proof people don't always get paid back for the evil they do. So, as I said, if it comforts you to believe that the invisible man who reads your thoughts wants to save you from cancer, well, if that's comforting, cool.

No one can say "I know the church is true", all you can say is "I BELIEVE the church is true", otherwise you are lying. Absolute knowledge would eliminate faith. You don't have to have faith that your car is real, you can see it sitting in your driveway, but once you go inside your house, then you only have faith your car still there, because then you have no absolute knowledge. We know Joe Smith existed, but did he talk to God? Well, I used to believe I talked to God and he listened, but I also know that is a classic symptom of manic-depression, which runs in my family. So now, I have doubt that I ever talked to anything but the wind, but I am also now at peace with that.

So, for me, I do not hate anyone for what they believe, only for what they do. Also, if I were to believe the bible, there are two unforgivable sins,,,, and I have committed both. So I am damned regardless.

Right now I date a woman who is a Wiccan priestess. She believes it as powerfully as I have seen Mormons believe in their faith. The house we live in is haunted by something supernatural, and once after an investigation, some dark negative force followed us home. In my days of faith, I would have called the priesthood to bless my house, but my GF burned sage, chanted an incantation and had another wiccan come cleanse the house, and the dark entity left. So, is what she believes wrong? Will she go to hell for worshiping the power of the physical forces? Christians would say "YES".

I have seen in my investigations what seemed to be interaction with a "trapped spirit" who would have been at a very isolated desert cemetery since 1903. If that is true, and our spirits can become trapped, then there is nothing to hope for and death will be endless misery. I hope that I am wrong, but I don't KNOW I am wrong. NO ONE DOES!

As for myself, I hope there is a heaven, because people I have loved deserve to be there. But for myself, I believe like Socrates once said, only two things are possible after death, it will be like a long unending sleep where you don't dream, or we will go to where everyone is who has gone before. Either way, no one really knows, we all just have faith as to what is there.

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29441 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>The poor thing is trying to get laid. Should we let him find out about the local gonorrhea outbreak on his own? Could be a real turn on for somebody.
Hey Pearl, Im from Washington and I probably know you, lol So be nice. But my question is how did YOU find out about the outbreak???? Burning when you pee???
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29442 Nov 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
(Oh, let him figure it out:)
I agree. It's always better to discover on your own.
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29443 Nov 18, 2013
DaddyDoesABodyGood wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to watch any videos made by people who are just doing as I said, trying to justify their own failed faith.
I actually live the one Mormon teaching I actually believe in, "let them worship how, where, or what they may."
If I am being totally open, I have to say, I know there is something more than what we see.( I actually do ghost investigation for a TV show and I have seen things that would turn a black man white) So, does "God" exist? Maybe. Do I care? Not really. I just chose to no longer believe that the invisible man in the sky will reward me for being good and punish me for being bad. I want to believe in Karma, but I am proof people don't always get paid back for the evil they do. So, as I said, if it comforts you to believe that the invisible man who reads your thoughts wants to save you from cancer, well, if that's comforting, cool.
No one can say "I know the church is true", all you can say is "I BELIEVE the church is true", otherwise you are lying. Absolute knowledge would eliminate faith. You don't have to have faith that your car is real, you can see it sitting in your driveway, but once you go inside your house, then you only have faith your car still there, because then you have no absolute knowledge. We know Joe Smith existed, but did he talk to God? Well, I used to believe I talked to God and he listened, but I also know that is a classic symptom of manic-depression, which runs in my family. So now, I have doubt that I ever talked to anything but the wind, but I am also now at peace with that.
So, for me, I do not hate anyone for what they believe, only for what they do. Also, if I were to believe the bible, there are two unforgivable sins,,,, and I have committed both. So I am damned regardless.
Right now I date a woman who is a Wiccan priestess. She believes it as powerfully as I have seen Mormons believe in their faith. The house we live in is haunted by something supernatural, and once after an investigation, some dark negative force followed us home. In my days of faith, I would have called the priesthood to bless my house, but my GF burned sage, chanted an incantation and had another wiccan come cleanse the house, and the dark entity left. So, is what she believes wrong? Will she go to hell for worshiping the power of the physical forces? Christians would say "YES".
I have seen in my investigations what seemed to be interaction with a "trapped spirit" who would have been at a very isolated desert cemetery since 1903. If that is true, and our spirits can become trapped, then there is nothing to hope for and death will be endless misery. I hope that I am wrong, but I don't KNOW I am wrong. NO ONE DOES!
As for myself, I hope there is a heaven, because people I have loved deserve to be there. But for myself, I believe like Socrates once said, only two things are possible after death, it will be like a long unending sleep where you don't dream, or we will go to where everyone is who has gone before. Either way, no one really knows, we all just have faith as to what is there.
You sure use a lot of words without saying much.
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29444 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Pearl, Im from Washington and I probably know you, lol So be nice. But my question is how did YOU find out about the outbreak???? Burning when you pee???
It was announced right here on this thread, with a local news link and everything, try to keep up.

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29445 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You sure use a lot of words without saying much.
Sorry, I forget people aren't as intelligent as I and rarely understand multi syllable words or abstract concepts.. Ok, I'll type REAL SLOW for you.

Hey, I'm here cause of boredom and I'm now exchanging perverted messages with a good little Mormon girl in West Valley.(told ya it works) But isn't it funny how you chose to attack me personally rather than defend your belief??? LOL, you hypocrites always are so amusing. So now we play the insult game I take it? Ok, lets see how long before you have to resort to profanity..

Your Mama is so crusty, I tried to eat her pussy and I chipped a tooth!

your turn ,,,,,

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29446 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It was announced right here on this thread, with a local news link and everything, try to keep up.
Oh sorry, not really reading the thread. I mean, after all, I am the most interesting person here, so if its not about me, why would I bother?
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29447 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't fricking read...lol. What is wrong with you're reading comprehension? Is this a mental disability you have going?
I said... "Umm, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon. They are essentially one and the same for habits/addictions etc except one has their name on the LDS records."
Pearl replied, not word for word as you imagine she said... "So, me being a non-Mormon and you being a non-active Mormon are essentially one in the same? I'm going to have a hard time wrapping my head around that one."
I made a reference to habits and addictions as the correlation between non-Mormons and Mormons. Some how pearl decided that made her and I one and the same which isn't what I stated and which isn't what she stated I said word for word.
I'm beginning to understand a possibility for your inability to comprehend what was actually written and how you twist it to mean what wasn't stated. You ever been seen for learning disabilities?
Dana's comment wasn't in reference to the post you are trying to explain. It was in reference to the "six out of ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church" I don't mind helping you follow along, but you really might not want to be so cocky about it, it's kinda like biting the hand that feeds you.
As far as the post you are referring to, your first sentence was, Non-Mormons and non-active Mormons are one in the same. Now you know I'm a novice but, shouldn't a sentence be able to stand on it's own? If you write a sentence and then feel the need to explain it, perhaps you didn't phrase it properly. And of course we all know you and I are not one in the same, so why say it?
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29448 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forget people aren't as intelligent as I and rarely understand multi syllable words or abstract concepts.. Ok, I'll type REAL SLOW for you.
Hey, I'm here cause of boredom and I'm now exchanging perverted messages with a good little Mormon girl in West Valley.(told ya it works) But isn't it funny how you chose to attack me personally rather than defend your belief??? LOL, you hypocrites always are so amusing. So now we play the insult game I take it? Ok, lets see how long before you have to resort to profanity..
Your Mama is so crusty, I tried to eat her pussy and I chipped a tooth!
your turn ,,,,,
You saw a personal attack in there somewhere? A little thin skinned aren't ya? Anywho, don't you know what they say about people who get bored? It's because they are boring people.
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29449 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, not really reading the thread. I mean, after all, I am the most interesting person here, so if its not about me, why would I bother?
Don't ask me pal, I have no desire to psycho analyse you.

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29450 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You saw a personal attack in there somewhere? A little thin skinned aren't ya? Anywho, don't you know what they say about people who get bored? It's because they are boring people.
Not thin skinned, just amused. But I see from the other posts I am not the only one who believes you are learning disabled.

So, I will be in Washington on Thursday, I'll take you to lunch and you can tell me how boring I am as I kiss you in all the places your last lover forgot to. Oh, BTW, do you look hot in a Girl Scout uniform?

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29451 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Don't ask me pal, I have no desire to psycho analyse you.
Here, watch this, it will change your life!

pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29452 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Not thin skinned, just amused. But I see from the other posts I am not the only one who believes you are learning disabled.
So, I will be in Washington on Thursday, I'll take you to lunch and you can tell me how boring I am as I kiss you in all the places your last lover forgot to. Oh, BTW, do you look hot in a Girl Scout uniform?
Amused, bored ,constantly defending your beliefs, told your life story in two posts, sitting in a hotel room crying all over your spider man underwear. I'm curious though, is the medication starting to take affect or starting to wear off?

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29453 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Don't ask me pal, I have no desire to psycho analyse you.
Gotta run, Hon. Off to West Valley to get some Herpes, I don't know what that is, but the girl said she had a lot she would give me.

So, just private message me with the time you want me to pick you up Thursday. I'll be there over night so I'll get us a hotel, but then I gotta go to Scottsdale early Friday to shoot a exorcism.

Hugs and Fondles to you all,, nite nite.
pearl

Kaysville, UT

#29454 Nov 18, 2013
Damn, we didn't even get to all those dead sister jokes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min KiMare 55,857
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min fetch almighty 1,109,066
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,578
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min loose cannon 177,968
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 18 min Gasman 22,545
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 20 min Brian_G 32,634
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 26 min h-elms 200,936
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr kuda 172
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Quirky 261,532
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••