Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#29366 Nov 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you attending Mormon services with your kids?
lol...you're so fricking mentally twisted. Nomo was speaking of 'individuals'. She wasn't speaking of atheist parents that were taking their kid to church so they could learn to believe in God as you stated I did with my kids. lol....some real twisted crap from you tonight...lol
Learn to read and understand the conversation before you jump into it. It really helps.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29367 Nov 15, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here's the short answer. I usually bypass No Surprise's posts because they're too long to hold my interest, let alone correct. If he writes something concise, then I'll read it. As for mouse, she's usually writes well and requires very little correcting. As for myself, I'm not saying I'm without error. That being said, I do try to use correct grammar and spelling. I also proofread my posts before I post them. That's not to say that mistakes don't get by, because they do. I just try to limit the mistakes I do make.
Let alone correct? lol....I'm game. Paste anything from my past posts (with exception to personal opinion) that wasn't correct that you decided not to correct me about....
PS...I'm really trying on the shorter posts, it's really tough! lol ;)P

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29368 Nov 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you attending Mormon services with your kids?
Like Curtis attending BYU as an atheist.

Ozark, MO

#29369 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Let alone correct? lol....I'm game. Paste anything from my past posts (with exception to personal opinion) that wasn't correct that you decided not to correct me about....
PS...I'm really trying on the shorter posts, it's really tough! lol ;)P
I'm talking about your spelling and grammar.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#29370 Nov 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What denomination do you go to?
I don't believe in denomination faith of any kind or non-denomination. This may be hard for you to understand but I made the Bible my Church. I am a Pastor and my Churches are called Soul-Winners and Faith Builders Churches I have got 5 Churches. Four of those Churches are here in the USA and one in Vietnam they are street Churches.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#29371 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
First off, I don't need to understand anything. Everything you said here, you previously said in your earlier post. You've added nothing new. You've stated you're a veteran and I respectfully thanked you for your service, and I meant it. Now, don't come back here and keep trying to use that as a crutch to defend your position and to gain sympathy, even though you say you aren't. You see... you're using your being a disabled veteran status to insult, in hopes of playing on guilt so you won't get any in return. Weeeellll... you'll soon find out that's not going to work.
You got me 100% wrong I don't do the things you might think I do. I don't live in the pass, I live day by day and I let the Holy Sprit guide me not mankind....

Reeds Spring, MO

#29372 Nov 16, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>You got me 100% wrong I don't do the things you might think I do. I don't live in the pass, I live day by day and I let the Holy Sprit guide me not mankind....
Zzzzzz...

Location hidden

#29373 Nov 16, 2013
Since some of you(well, mainly one) were soo intent on destroying this kid's character, here's his "I'm an ex-mormon" video....enjoy!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
1 post removed

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#29375 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're so fricking mentally twisted. Nomo was speaking of 'individuals'. She wasn't speaking of atheist parents that were taking their kid to church so they could learn to believe in God as you stated I did with my kids. lol....some real twisted crap from you tonight...lol
Learn to read and understand the conversation before you jump into it. It really helps.
You're not an individual? Oh my!

Marysville, CA

#29376 Nov 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Curtis attending BYU as an atheist.
School is not a church, if it is done right.

Marysville, CA

#29377 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon. They are essentially one and the same for habits/addictions etc except one has their name on the LDS records. So your correlation is lacking because it's quite obvious active Mormons are the true minority in Utah with non-Mormon and non-active Mormon being the majority. So all of the above would logically pertain to non-Mormons and non-active Mormons. Very few true blue active Mormons since they're the small, tiny minority in Utah would be found in those statistics. Understand?
Any real documentation for that statement, or are you pulling facts from your butt again?

Marysville, CA

#29378 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon. They are essentially one and the same for habits/addictions etc except one has their name on the LDS records. So your correlation is lacking because it's quite obvious active Mormons are the true minority in Utah with non-Mormon and non-active Mormon being the majority. So all of the above would logically pertain to non-Mormons and non-active Mormons. Very few true blue active Mormons since they're the small, tiny minority in Utah would be found in those statistics. Understand?
So, they are like you! A state of No Surprises.

Marysville, CA

#29379 Nov 16, 2013
Why not put them in harms way? There are plenty more where they came from.

http://www.ksl.com/...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29380 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm talking about your spelling and grammar.
Ohhhh...lol. Hey I use a spell checker when I remember. My grammer, well it is what it is :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29381 Nov 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Since some of you(well, mainly one) were soo intent on destroying this kid's character, here's his "I'm an ex-mormon" video....enjoy!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Intent on destroying his character? lol...yeah right! Kind of like changing coats and deciding which to wear on what occasion. Curtis is Curtis. His character is pretty much the same now as it was in 2009. The only difference is he went from believing in god to denouncing God. Nothing else really changed for him. He did find out being dishonest and lying wasn't his cup of tea so two thumbs up to him there.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29382 Nov 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Any real documentation for that statement, or are you pulling facts from your butt again?
You mean spouting off info like you normally do? No. But as a matter of fact I'm surprised you question what I stated. You once said you know more about Mormonism than me and once again you prove you don't. You attended as a Mormon for 30 plus years you claim all the time. If that's not a lie, then you should be able to verify from your once long time status as a Mormon, that the sum total active Mormons in a ward is a minority figure to the sum total of that ward's membership list. Yet you failed to mention that fact. Most 'older wards have a membership sum of 200 to maybe 300 or more people. But go to that ward on any given Sunday and you may count 50 to 70 in sacrament.
If you doubt what you should already know that I stated that you ignorantly doubt, here's how you get proof as it's not on the web. You go to your local ward one Sunday for just sacrament. I say sacrament because a percentage leave after sacrament and don't stay for classes. Do a head count by sitting in the very back. Than ask someone in the bishop's office how many total Mormons are listed for that ward.
The fact that you don't know this info tells me you didn't learn as much as you claim, because any Mormon with a curious mind knows the active sum of Mormons attending a ward is always the minority when compared to the sum total on the roll call list. But you'll explain how you knew that and failed to mention it right?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29383 Nov 16, 2013
pearl wrote:
The local news reported that the state of Utah has the highest percentage of autistic child diagnosis, one in forty seven. This state also has the highest rate of accidental death by drug overdose, highest rate of credit card debt, highest rate of keeping up with the Jones's. And the highest rate of Mormons. In lieu of other information, simple economics dictates that there is a correlation. Other factors should be considered, anybody got any?{It's very cold and stormy today, so this is all I got goin on.}
Help
http://www.adherents.com/largecom/lds_LowSuic...

Did that local news have this news? Some here will puke about the following...lol...

Suicide rates in each of the four age categories studied--15 to 19 years, 20 to 24 years, 25 to 29 years, and 30 to 34 years--were lower among active members of the LDS church than among less active LDS church members, nonmembers and males in the general US population, the report indicates.

Academic Articles about
Suicide Rate among Latter-day Saints (Mormons)

American Journal of Epidemiology:
Active Latter-day Saints Seven Times Less Likely to Commit Suicide
SOURCE: American Journal of Epidemiology 2002;155:413-419. Write-up in: "High Religious Commitment Linked to Less Suicide", by Charnicia E. Huggins (Reuters Health), Daily News (6 March 2002), URL: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20020306/hl...
NEW YORK (Reuters Health)- Young Mormon men living in Utah who closely adhere to the dictates of their faith are less likely to commit suicide than their peers who are less active in the church, study findings show.
For more than 10 years, 15- to 34-year-old males in Utah have had suicide rates markedly higher than those seen nationally. In fact, in the early to mid-1990s, suicide was the number one cause of death among 25- to 44-year-old men in the state and the second-leading cause of death among men aged 15 to 24.

"These results provide evidence that a low level of religious commitment is a potential risk factor for suicide," Dr. Sterling C. Hilton of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and his colleagues write in the March 1st issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology.

"If the observed association is real, then it gives us another piece of information that helps us understand suicide... which might help efforts to reduce it," Hilton told Reuters Health.

Hilton and his colleagues investigated the relationship between suicide and religiosity in an analysis of 1991-1995 state death records from the Utah State Department of Health, as well as data from the LDS church and the US Census Bureau.

Roughly 27,740 male deaths occurred during the study period, including 551 suicides among 15 to 34 year olds, the investigators report. About 6 in 10 of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church.

Suicide rates in each of the four age categories studied--15 to 19 years, 20 to 24 years, 25 to 29 years, and 30 to 34 years--were lower among active members of the LDS church than among less active LDS church members, nonmembers and males in the general US population, the report indicates.

Marysville, CA

#29384 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean spouting off info like you normally do? No. But as a matter of fact I'm surprised you question what I stated. You once said you know more about Mormonism than me and once again you prove you don't. You attended as a Mormon for 30 plus years you claim all the time. If that's not a lie, then you should be able to verify from your once long time status as a Mormon, that the sum total active Mormons in a ward is a minority figure to the sum total of that ward's membership list. Yet you failed to mention that fact. Most 'older wards have a membership sum of 200 to maybe 300 or more people. But go to that ward on any given Sunday and you may count 50 to 70 in sacrament.
If you doubt what you should already know that I stated that you ignorantly doubt, here's how you get proof as it's not on the web. You go to your local ward one Sunday for just sacrament. I say sacrament because a percentage leave after sacrament and don't stay for classes. Do a head count by sitting in the very back. Than ask someone in the bishop's office how many total Mormons are listed for that ward.
The fact that you don't know this info tells me you didn't learn as much as you claim, because any Mormon with a curious mind knows the active sum of Mormons attending a ward is always the minority when compared to the sum total on the roll call list. But you'll explain how you knew that and failed to mention it right?
Sounds like a lot of BS for for not having any documentation. As for your "evidence". I said the very same thing concerning the honesty of membership numbers listed and you cried foul at the time.

Location hidden

#29385 Nov 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Intent on destroying his character? lol...yeah right! Kind of like changing coats and deciding which to wear on what occasion. Curtis is Curtis. His character is pretty much the same now as it was in 2009. The only difference is he went from believing in god to denouncing God. Nothing else really changed for him. He did find out being dishonest and lying wasn't his cup of tea so two thumbs up to him there.
...right. You're still doing it. Stay pathetic..
YouRE aTENNESSE HICK

Gridley, CA

#29386 Nov 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
School is not a church, if it is done right.
You go to Church to learn about God and the Gospel, Fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,580,079
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Uncle Tab 286,519
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 6 min Retribution 33
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min DR X 24,984
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 10 min DR X 5
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 27 min Trump_Is_Fake 175
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 222,160
News A Celebration in the Streets, Then Screams 1 hr Mojo Risen 309
News 'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim ... 1 hr Red Crosse 223
More from around the web