Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216700 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121326 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question, which one of us concerning abiogenesis has the empirical evidence on their side.?
We do.

There's no other reason as to why you've avoided addressing our posts for years now.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121327 Aug 29, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
A few posters have received posts from me that were intended for others. Topix has screwed around with its format again, confusing some of us. Feel free to either ignore them or reply anyway.
In my case it was me accidentally putting the wrong name in when copy-pasting responses. Oopsies.

But the new format is crapp.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121328 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
evidence of the past is history. the history of this thread shows the evidence that you are an insecure weak uneducated person which is why you resort to name calling and badgering. you cannot help from doing that for it is your weak insecure personality. with you it is not a matter of being right or wrong. it is only about you being right no matter who says you are wrong. i have even seen you be that way to a few regs that called you wrong. that is that inferior complex you have that always surfaces and shows it's ugly head.
like it or not,,,it is what it is and shows what it shows.
Actually Wondy, you're the last person to be questioning his or anyone else's education.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121329 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is an undeniable fact of history:.....
Really? Whatever happened to "empirical evidence"?

You know, where "life only comes from life"? Jesus was dead and then came back to life? That's breaking your own rules again.
bohart wrote:
That was the opinion of Dr. Simon Geenleaf, the greatest authority on legal evidence in the 19th century. He was the famous Royal Professor of law at Harvard and was directly responsible for Harvards rise to eminence. He wrote ,..."An examination of the testimony of the four evangelists by the rules of evidence administered in the court of justice"
1.the empty tomb has never been refuted, bribes were offered to say the body was stolen.
2.appearances, he appeared to more than 500 people at a single time, and many others.
3. The transformation, his disciples were best described as cowards, after the resurrection they were into transformed into lions. Speaking truth to power and being slain for it.Why? they had seen a man killed who rose from the dead. As Dr. Greenleaf said,." While it is conceivable that some might die for what they believed to be the truth, it is inconceivable that so many would die for what they knew to be a lie",..there was no possible motive to fabricate it.
1 - If an empty tomb is all that's needed then that validates pretty much all the Egyptian Pharaohs.

2 - Since we know there's no contemporary evidence of Jesus even existing we all know you're BSing here. That's why EVERY time we ask for CONTEMPORARY evidence you can only give us Josephus and the usual suspects (all of whom existed AFTER Jesus allegedly died).

3 - Again, people who commit suicide for religious beliefs aren't necessarily right, but most likely incredibly stupid. Hence 9/11

4 - Next time don't forget to post your sources instead of plagiarising them:

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

5 - There's a BIG difference between evidence and apologetics.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121330 Aug 29, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case it was me accidentally putting the wrong name in when copy-pasting responses. Oopsies.
But the new format is crapp.
Yeah! What's up with switching all this crap around? Did they hire some new college kid with "bright" ideas? Geez!

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#121331 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is an undeniable fact of history:.....
That was the opinion of Dr. Simon Geenleaf, the greatest authority on legal evidence in the 19th century. He was the famous Royal Professor of law at Harvard and was directly responsible for Harvards rise to eminence. He wrote ,..."An examination of the testimony of the four evangelists by the rules of evidence administered in the court of justice"
1.the empty tomb has never been refuted, bribes were offered to say the body was stolen.
2.appearances, he appeared to more than 500 people at a single time, and many others.
3. The transformation, his disciples were best described as cowards, after the resurrection they were into transformed into lions. Speaking truth to power and being slain for it.Why? they had seen a man killed who rose from the dead. As Dr. Greenleaf said,." While it is conceivable that some might die for what they believed to be the truth, it is inconceivable that so many would die for what they knew to be a lie",..there was no possible motive to fabricate it.
hahaha you stupid American make me laugh. Do you also believe in unicorns and fairys?
It would be funny if you Americans wouldn't have the German technology of the 21th century. Unfortunately idiots with such technology are destroying the world.
2 posts removed

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#121334 Aug 29, 2014
Tuco Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>.....
.....30Aug14.....Funny thing, that. You remain fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
Ps:....Lost any weight lately...!!!
Tuco Blondie
Why Bob Blowhard , did you had a sex change?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121335 Aug 29, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha you stupid American make me laugh. Do you also believe in unicorns and fairys?
It would be funny if you Americans wouldn't have the German technology of the 21th century. Unfortunately idiots with such technology are destroying the world.
Research shows "Bohart" is of German origin.

OOPS!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#121336 Aug 29, 2014
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good, we were running low on straw. First of all, your 'explanation' of the Big Bang is way off. Since it is, your question is meaningless. Care to learn a bit about the subject before posting again?
Just what this thread needs - another pompous ass.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#121337 Aug 29, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
bohart, you do realize that even the New Testament has obvious failings in it, don't you?
Let's take the claim of Luke that Joseph had to take Mary to his place of birth to register for a Roman Census. There are loads of problems with this claim. One is that censuses do not care where you are born, they tend to care where you live now. If they are doing this for tax reasons they would want to know your current residence, not your former. A census of that sort is not possible today let alone in the distant path. We did not sens all illegal aliens outside of the U.S. in the last census. In fact residence, legal or not, had no bearing in the census. You were counted period.
Second. there is no record of a census from that time period. The closest was the Census of Quiriness which happened at least 10 years after the birth of Jesus. It was in the years 6-7 CE and the latest birth of Jesus that goes with the nativity story would have been 4 BCE since that was the year that Herod died. I don't think that Joseph would have taken a dangerous trek with a pregnant wife for a census ten years in the future.
There are many other problems too but let's start with that one.
If you have any friends, they must be chained to a fence.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121338 Aug 29, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any friends, they must be chained to a fence.
What? You don't like me because I can debunk your beliefs?

Everett, WA

#121339 Aug 29, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just what this thread needs - another pompous ass.
Yes, what are you doing here?

You do realize that you are the new comer here.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#121340 Aug 29, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just what this thread needs - another pompous ass.
this guys is a hom o, not that theres anything wrong with that....you can tell from his picture.....my gaydar went off.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#121341 Aug 29, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! What's up with switching all this crap around? Did they hire some new college kid with "bright" ideas? Geez!
it might make it easier for them to squeeze in some more video ads and pop ups and pop outs and other useless shit.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121342 Aug 29, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I cannot help but to laugh at you when you published your list. Yes, I did go off on you a bit tonight but all of those, every single one, apply more to you than to me.
In fact part of the reason that I do go off on you is that you do the same to me in return and then deny it. That is half of the fun of pointing out your many many failures.
See you tomorrow "cupcake". You could not help but name call yourself at the end.
here you go again. just as it says. you blame someone/say someone is the reason for your actions. you do that crap to everyone. i knew you would blame it on someone you can't help it with your disorder. lmao

Everett, WA

#121343 Aug 29, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
it might make it easier for them to squeeze in some more video ads and pop ups and pop outs and other useless shit.
Download adblock plus.

Normally I do not begrudge a website its right to earn money off of my presence. But this sites ads are the most obnoxious of any that I have ever run into. My old computer would sometimes drop the site due to the ads. I downloaded the program in self defense.

Everett, WA

#121344 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go again. just as it says. you blame someone/say someone is the reason for your actions. you do that crap to everyone. i knew you would blame it on someone you can't help it with your disorder. lmao
No, blaming you for my negative reaction to your idiocy is not blaming everyone.

Once again you show yourself to be a creationist by your all or nothing reasoning.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#121345 Aug 29, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Install Adblocker Plus on your browser. Makes all those annoying ads go by-by.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#121346 Aug 29, 2014
PROFESSOR X wrote:
Atheistic Scientists were Humiliated As Their Junk DNA Evolution Paradigm recently Collapsed
Anti-theistic scientists, Ken Miller, Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents made failed observations about DNA, such that their Darwinian evolution paradigm has collapsed. Not that long ago, junk DNA was being defended as an important element of the Darwinian evolution paradigm ... The question now seems to be whether Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents will continue to defend junk DNA, whatever they call it?- Rob Crowther,PhD
Evolutionary Biologist Richard Sternberg discusses modern genomics and the collapse of evolutionists junk DNA theory.
http://www.cross.tv/66770
Doubt Atheism & Question Darwinism
http://www.evolutionfacts.blogspot.com
300 years ago the Europeans knew almost nothing about the
interior of Africa. That's why it was called the "dark continent."
It took 200 years of exploration by many explorers to understand
Africa.

Genetics is the same way. There is a whole nother world there that
has to be explored. The so called "junk DNA" is turning out
to be not as useless as first thought. The more exploration there is,
the more that will be understood about things like junk DNA and how
it all fits in.
Genetics is vast. Give it time.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#121347 Aug 29, 2014
PROFESSOR X wrote:
<quoted text>
What is intelligent design?
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection. Through the study and analysis of a system's components, a design theorist is able to determine whether various natural structures are the product of chance, natural law, intelligent design, or some combination thereof. Such research is conducted by observing the types of information produced when intelligent agents act. Scientists then seek to find objects which have those same types of informational properties which we commonly know come from intelligence. Intelligent design has applied these scientific methods to detect design in irreducibly complex biological structures, the complex and specified information content in DNA, the life-sustaining physical architecture of the universe, and the geologically rapid origin of biological diversity in the fossil record during the Cambrian explosion approximately 530 million years ago.
Is intelligent design the same as creationism?
No. The theory of intelligent design is simply an effort to empirically detect whether the "apparent design" in nature acknowledged by virtually all biologists is genuine design (the product of an intelligent cause) or is simply the product of an undirected process such as natural selection acting on random variations. Creationism typically starts with a religious text and tries to see how the findings of science can be reconciled to it. Intelligent design starts with the empirical evidence of nature and seeks to ascertain what inferences can be drawn from that evidence. Unlike creationism, the scientific theory of intelligent design does not claim that modern biology can identify whether the intelligent cause detected through science is supernatural.
Honest critics of intelligent design acknowledge the difference between intelligent design and creationism. University of Wisconsin historian of science Ronald Numbers is critical of intelligent design, yet according to the Associated Press, he "agrees the creationist label is inaccurate when it comes to the ID [intelligent design] movement." Why, then, do some Darwinists keep trying to conflate intelligent design with creationism? According to Dr. Numbers, it is because they think such claims are "the easiest way to discredit intelligent design." In other words, the charge that intelligent design is "creationism" is a rhetorical strategy on the part of Darwinists who wish to delegitimize design theory without actually addressing the merits of its case.
Is intelligent design a scientific theory?
Yes. The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed.
Technical Paper: The Positive Case for Intelligent Design
http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/files...
Get the Facts
http://evolutionfacts.blogspot.com
Okay, let's accept intelligent design.
What created the intelligence behind the design?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 231,036
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Lawrence Wolf 4,695
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 min TomInElPaso 2,084
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min freebird 403,803
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,459
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Joy 1,458,529
News Dictionary.com's word of the year: "Xenophobia" 12 min Captain Yesterday 21
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... 15 min Lawrence Wolf 1,025
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Carl Childers 253,199
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr Philosophic 190
More from around the web