Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118223 Jul 16, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i would call it the fundies getting slaughtered. more like they get tired of the iidiot jack wagons disrespect, name calling, ranting, belittling, whining and demands but not meeting demands when put back upon them.
and yes i did look up ranting fits,,, you are the poster child for that.
Like I said, you got selective eyesight. Now gimme another irony meter.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118224 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not fluent in stupid, can you repeat that slowly and clearly
I have never claim any language was originated, that was you so don’t frigging lie just to save face and embarrassment
Let me remind you, your Norhern European trash, have you forgotten that?

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118225 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The side that said the English language ‘developed’ in England from various sources (including Northern European, Latin, Greek and others)
As oppose to your side that said the English language ‘originated‘ in England.
Or are you now denying that you claimed, repeatedly, argumentatively, aggressively even threateningly for the last 2 years that English language originated in England?
BESIDES, the language that we call Old-English is a synonymy of Anglo-Saxon, they are just two words for the same thing. Anglo-Saxon ORIGINATED in the areas of nowadays Denmark and northern Germany. If modern English developed out of Anglo-Saxon, including all the various sources of the language development, it HENCE originates from Denmark and northern Germany as a logical consequence of the origin of Anglo-Saxon.

Location hidden

#118226 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The side that said the English language ‘developed’ in England from
various sources (including Northern European, Latin, Greek and others)
As oppose to your side that said the English language ‘originated‘ in
England.
Or are you now denying that you claimed, repeatedly, argumentatively,
aggressively even threateningly for the last 2 years that English
language originated in England?
English started in England,Yes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118227 Jul 16, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
but then again what do i know. i see that a circle is one dimensional, i see the bible was poorly translated, i don't "believe" in evolution but i "support" evolution, i don't compare the knowledge of 5000 years ago to today's knowledge and call them wrong in what they were thinking at the time, i don't see creationists as stupid but i see them as naive and holding to their faith(fear of change), i see man/science does not know near as much as we think we do, i see that many times here in the forum/thread that shown points will be battled with a strawman argument just for the sake of arguing and finally making the person or people just say fck it and leave. we all see things differently and most of the regs here only see things one way, their way and that is that and the other regs will even back up a reg when he is clearly wrong.
i see much more but what is the point of saying what i see when it doesn't matter.
Yeah, exactly. Whaddya you know? It doesn't matter.

Location hidden

#118228 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The side that said the English language ‘developed’ in England from
various sources (including Northern European, Latin, Greek and others)
As oppose to your side that said the English language ‘originated‘ in
England.
Or are you now denying that you claimed, repeatedly, argumentatively,
aggressively even threateningly for the last 2 years that English
language originated in England?
Yes, they do develop, but since they are now independent languages from the original, you can not ascribe the origin from the original, but to the newly established language.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118229 Jul 16, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a damn lie! you are a liar . I have never claimed to be a Christian . Its your assumption based on the fact I don't believe in a puddle of primordial goo springing to life. Its you that brought up Christ , not me! As you said , this is a science forum, so why are you the one to bring up Christ ?
Who cares what your beliefs are? They never mattered in the first place.(shrug)

But the fact of the matter is that you're quite obviously a theist with a reality denial complex, and any time you claim otherwise, that means you're a lying sack of crud. Just like any other fundie.

Otherwise you would have been able to refute us by now.

P.s. The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.

Location hidden

#118230 Jul 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No new information.
No further argumentation.
Just repeating the same mantra.
You are found wrong on this.
You didn't address that.
Hence move on, don't waste our time OR provide some RELEVANT and SUBSTANTIAL arguments.
Anglo-Saxon DID NOT start in England, it started in Denmark and northern Germany. PERIOD.
Total crap!
Anglo Saxons are also known as the English. There was nothing like England, before the English or the Anglo Saxons came. Until you understand that. Keep on ranting.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118231 Jul 16, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dummy, its a joke!
Indeed you are.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You too can return to the anal cavity from whence you were spewed.
Don't like us? Go away then. We don't FORCE you to come here. Put up or shut up. Alternatively you are free to refute me at any time you like.

Take your time.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#118232 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Let me remind you, your Norhern European trash, have you forgotten that?
Say what?

Your wet dreams are you own problem, you consider northern Europeans to be trash then that is down to your own bigoted racism. And we know you are a racist moron by the way you have attacked my ancestry.

#118233 Jul 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
BESIDES, the language that we call Old-English is a synonymy of Anglo-Saxon, they are just two words for the same thing. Anglo-Saxon ORIGINATED in the areas of nowadays Denmark and northern Germany. If modern English developed out of Anglo-Saxon, including all the various sources of the language development, it HENCE originates from Denmark and northern Germany as a logical consequence of the origin of Anglo-Saxon.
Of course, as the great god Charlie Idiot has so much difficulty in understanding

#118234 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English started in England,Yes.
Round and round we go

Back to the beginning...

No it started in northern Europe, it developed in the British Isles

Location hidden

#118235 Jul 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
BESIDES, the language that we call Old-English is a synonymy of
Anglo-Saxon, they are just two words for the same thing. Anglo-Saxon
ORIGINATED in the areas of nowadays Denmark and northern Germany. If
modern English developed out of Anglo-Saxon, including all the various
sources of the language development, it HENCE originates from Denmark
and northern Germany as a logical consequence of the origin of
Anglo-Saxon.
Nope.
The same people mixing with the locals they met, founded the German, English, and Danish language. Until you understand that, keep on trolling.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118236 Jul 16, 2014
bohart wrote:
My poor behavior? Ahh Dan! the example of social grace and manners for us all , for the record I do believe in Jesus Christ , the son of God . I just love to drop in from time to time and poke you fools with a stick and watch the tizzy. You puddle people with your praetorian guard defenders are very funny and predictable. Why? because the truth stands forever, lies need to be defended and constantly guarded.Now its back to the real world, you guys keep up the guard and watch out for any blasphemers who dare defy the secret of the life giving goo!
Ah, good. So you were LYING when you called him a liar, because he was correct in the first place. Because you ARE a typical creationist liar for Jesus.
bohart wrote:
P.S.
Don't forget to comfort one another with the rhetoric used to attack all blasphemers:

uneducated
unscientific
ignorant
liars
stupid
morons
Actually it's not rhetoric when we merely describe you correctly.
bohart wrote:
These shall be the comforters that insulates you and the lie from the harsh truth. Cuddle with them.
The harsh truth is that you're a reality denying fruitcake. That's WHY you can't refute us.

We know that education is not important to you. But it's important to others. But you fundies want to spoil the water for everybody. Why? American Taliban, that's why.

“Topix most wanted”

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#118237 Jul 16, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you got selective eyesight. Now gimme another irony meter.
Very selective and imaginative.

#118238 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, they do develop, but since they are now independent languages from the original, you can not ascribe the origin from the original, but to the newly established language.
Who has been filling your head with crap? The modern language has common ancestors, this is the way language develops. English did not “ORIGINATE” in England it became English with usage of those ancestor languages.

It really does not matter how you ,move the goalposts – new – old ,newly established, original – whatever - English did not “ORIGINATE” in England.

I realise that by moving your goalpost you just want someone to agree with you so you can say ‘told you so’. However you are never going to get anyone to agree with your original premise that English originated in England because it did not. End of story.

You can throw in whatever obfuscation makes you feel better about being a loser, it will make no difference to facts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118239 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. Though a non Christian may say the reverse.
Probably because the whole flood story was a myth.

“Topix most wanted”

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#118240 Jul 16, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, exactly. Whaddya you know? It doesn't matter.
He finally touched on a subject that all can agree on.

Location hidden

#118241 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?
Your wet dreams are you own problem, you consider northern Europeans to
be trash then that is down to your own bigoted racism. And we know you
are a racist moron by the way you have attacked my ancestry.
Sorry for that use of language. The same people that left mainland Europe for Britain, now England, are also known as the English, therefore, it started in England.

Location hidden

#118242 Jul 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, as the great god Charlie Idiot has so much difficulty in understanding
Don't be stupid.
English started in England, that is why its inhabitants are known as the English.
Denmark and Germany are Danish and Germans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min woodtick57 303,952
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 min Not Yet Equal 56,966
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 7 min James 95
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 9 min barefoot2626 1,552
NYT Is Lost in Its Ukraine Propaganda 10 min NAZTY Ukraine 12
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Yeah 1,171,884
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques Ottawa 184,286
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 22 min My take on it 749
Republican newcomer Ernst says Congress ready t... 26 min barefoot2626 68
More from around the web