Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209624 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#116343 Jun 29, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like those who believe in the almighty science.
<quoted text>
He or she said it was their opinion. People are still allowed to have those aren't they?
No. Just like those that follow unquestioningly the ancient texts of their religions and the uninformed opinions of their fellow adherents.

People are still allowed to disagree with an opinion aren't they?

into the night.

#116344 Jun 29, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you bad bunny! Lol.
Thank you for acknowledging my point but I was hoping you would argue with me some more because I had another scenario where I painted my self all pink and God said thou shall not be pink. Anyway it was going to be a good one!
So that is how you win an argument. Get me to thinking about you all painted pink. Well played.

into the night.

#116345 Jun 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the truth, and it has been the only way we have been able to learn the truth.
Without the meticulous examination of evidence and recording it testing it and reexamining it, we would never understand anything.
Galileo studied Saturn, he could see it rings but couldn't make out what they were.
He thought they were like ears and drew two circles beside it on the left and right.
He never figured it out, but we eventually did, and now have moved to even greater mysteries of Saturn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qzL194jiTyYXX
When we say that scientific knowledge is not completely certain and there is always a chance that new information will change the view of science, seems to be misinterpreted as science doesn't know anything and what we know now isn't correct. It is qualified, and it is true that new information could come along to change our view, it doesn't mean it is mandated to do so. What science knows may be correct ultimately, it is just that there is no way to say that with 100% certainty.

This strength of science is considered a weak point of attack showing that the attackers don't understand what that means.

As you say, we now know more about Saturn than Galileo did, but it is still there and the view that Galileo saw as ear-like we now know as rings. That doesn't change the fact that Galileo saw something peculiar around the planet. I am trying to load the video from the link you posted. Ah there we go.

Thanks.

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#116346 Jun 29, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So that is how you win an argument. Get me to thinking about you all painted pink. Well played.
Lol.
It's always a pleasure talking with you.
Goodnight bunny.

into the night.

#116347 Jun 29, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
It's always a pleasure talking with you.
Goodnight bunny.
Good night to you as well.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#116348 Jun 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who's life is curtailed by alot of pain?
Are those in pains in their right frame of mind?

Location hidden

#116349 Jun 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the average human life span gone up or down since the enlightenment? Why?
has that reduced the rate of deaths? People are still dying daily, because it is inevitable.

Location hidden

#116350 Jun 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the average human life span gone up or down since the enlightenment? Why?
Does that stops the menace of death?
Reduction, accelaration, etc, death is still death.

Location hidden

#116351 Jun 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
ChromiuMan wrote:
So, it is your "opinion" that when caught, change the subject.
<quoted text>
That isn't a stand. It is a tactical retreat and not particularly honest or honorable.
You did' nt get me. By using my stand, i meant that , my stand has been on God the creator. Ok?

Location hidden

#116352 Jun 30, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Charles. Christianity has been around for 2000 years and to my knowledge there are none alive today over 150 years of age. However, 2000 years ago the average life span was on the order 30 years or so. This remained the case until the 19th Century and coincides with the development of science and science-driven medicine and public health. Now the average lifespan is over 70 years of age and approaching 80. Additionally, the number of centenarians in developed countries is on the rise and is expected to consist of over 5 million people in the next 30 years.
I agree with you that there is much that we do not know and have yet to learn, but it would appear that science has been addressing the issue of increased lifespan and quality of life as well. The population alive today has a greater proportion living well than in any other time in history. I consider this a positive development of science, but the down side is that we get over population, pollution, depletion of resources, global climate change and so on. This is where people of all positions need to come together and use compassion, wisdom, belief and the efforts of science to find conclusions. While science has to driven by evidence, how the findings are used requires that other ways the world is viewed be considered and weighed.
Well said, but can it be stopped? I hope you the answer.

Location hidden

#116353 Jun 30, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have alternative definitions?
God is not man. By that, he does not reason like us.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#116354 Jun 30, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like those who believe in the almighty science.
Which is what allowed you to write that sentence and for us to see it.
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
He or she said it was their opinion. People are still allowed to have those aren't they?
As do we. Just because something is an opinion does not make it free from criticism or response.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116355 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is not man. By that, he does not reason like us.
Irrelevant. YOU are the one that uses the words, so explain what *you* mean when you use them. I told you how *I* use the words. You see, definitions can be helpful for conversation and getting ones that we can agree with can even lead to mutual understanding.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#116356 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> has that reduced the rate of deaths? People are still dying daily, because it is inevitable.
BET you like inevitably dying at 80 years more than at 45 years, DON'T you?
Utter idiot answer.

It is the sheer inability and even unwillingness to admit your wrong.

Science is accomplishing more in any random few decades than your caboodle religion in its entire 4,100 years. Among those accomplishments is a major gain in longevity.

That is exactly why I specially for you not brush my teeth to breathe bad smelling words.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#116357 Jun 30, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
I don't have such a pessimistic view of things.
I wish I shared you optimism.

Location hidden

#116358 Jun 30, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. YOU are the one that uses the words, so explain what *you* mean when you use them. I told you how *I* use the words. You see, definitions can be helpful for conversation and getting ones that we can agree with can even lead to mutual understanding.
Oh. You did not understand that because God is used.
Now tell me, how many people in their right frame of mind, really wants to die?

Location hidden

#116359 Jun 30, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
BET you like inevitably dying at 80 years more than at 45 years, DON'T you?
Utter idiot answer.
It is the sheer inability and even unwillingness to admit your wrong.
Science is accomplishing more in any random few decades than your caboodle religion in its entire 4,100 years. Among those accomplishments is a major gain in longevity.
That is exactly why I specially for you not brush my teeth to breathe bad smelling words.
You lack this, sense of humour.
Can technology or science stops death?
NO! GET THAT!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116360 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh. You did not understand that because God is used.
Now tell me, how many people in their right frame of mind, really wants to die?
Irrelevant. We will whether we want to or not. So? The truth doesn't need to make you happy or comfortable. It just needs to be the truth.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#116361 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You lack this, sense of humour.
Can technology or science stops death?
NO! GET THAT!
"Can technology or science stop death"?
Another joke, I suppose?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#116362 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are those in pains in their right frame of mind?
Depends on the mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Squirrel 395,465
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Buster Chopin 225,616
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min renee 10,229
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min zef 311,873
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Limbertwig 243,539
News Response to the teacher shortage 12 min Question 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Henry 1,432,129
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 30 min Dave 607
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 1,303
More from around the web