Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199569 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115824 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is not human but God, and by that, he is a spirit.
Therefore, he can not be created. He is the creator( singular) of the creators( plural).
I said human-like. If man was created in God's image, then God is HUMAN-LIKE. Every interaction with God in the OT points to God thinking and behaving like a human. The creation of God was in the telling of the story of Genesis - that and the other books of the Bible is the entirety of any "evidence" you've got.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#115825 Jun 25, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, but not the same as the collapse of space. The effect in the link is closer to a condensation of the matter as space expands. So, for example, when steam condenses to form water.
There was another link at the bottom that I found interesting too.

New groundbreaking research may expose new aspects of the universe.

http://phys.org/news/2013-09-groundbreaking-e...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115826 Jun 25, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! Sorry. That must of been covered up by all the insults.
Someone seen by observation how life began? Who was that?
The Almighty and All- Knowing God.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115827 Jun 25, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! Sorry. That must of been covered up by all the insults.
Someone seen by observation how life began? Who was that?
ChristineM wrote:
"Like I have said often, your deliberate misunderstanding of the fundamental scientific laws and cosmology are no excuse for your deliberate ignorance.
So funny how you say god dunitwiv magic out of nothing – read your babble – but deny the same prerogative to anything other than your god – do you actually realise how lame that sounds?"

If you find any of what she wrote insulting, change your ways.

Do you know who wrote the Pentateuch? What are the credentials for the story of creation other than it's in ancient sheep herder stories?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#115828 Jun 25, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning is part of howmany living things deal with the environment: they collect information through the senses and act based on that information. Conditioning of reflexes is the first stage in learning.
By the time humans came around, animals had been learning about their environment for millions of years. Some had even been making tools.
Yes I mentioned about using senses. I am not talking about man or even a million years ago. I am talking about first life. Where did it get the ability/drive to survive or even want to survive? At that point The ability to learn, see, hear, smell, survive, etc etc or whatever was not present or was it? If it was how did it come by it?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115829 Jun 25, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I argued with a guy once that said I was wrong to think dogs can learn. He said they don't learn, it is routine. I actually laughed out loud and Said so they "learned" a routine? He said no, I mean they only do it because of repeatably doing it. I said yes a routine. they learned a routine right? He left the conversation.
Having once taught dog obedience classes for 10 years, I agree with you. They do learn. They can reason as well.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#115830 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets keep our fingers crossed, and wait and see the results of the investigations before jumping into hasty conclusions.
But like i said, this is useless, quote me. Science can never find a right answer to that, other than God. Until then.
Fine, until then you stick with your god dunitwiv magic 6000 years ago out of nothing (read the babble), made a mistake and killed everyone and everything (including new born children and kittens) by sending a flood that could not happen in at least 12 different ways and then to start again to release childhood leukaemia and the mosquito on the world to come – that’s omnipotence for ya.

In the meantime I’ll stick with the scientific facts that describe the universe from 10^-35 of a second after the event 13.8 billion years ago to the heat death in around 15 trillion years, all without guessing.

Location hidden

#115831 Jun 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I said human-like. If man was created in God's image, then God is
HUMAN-LIKE. Every interaction with God in the OT points to God thinking
and behaving like a human. The creation of God was in the telling of the
story of Genesis - that and the other books of the Bible is the
entirety of any "evidence" you've got.
When we say human like, we are talking about the physical or the flesh. God is far above that, he is a spirit. That spirit is in us, our energy/ drives/ thoughts, and the likes, can you physically see that? No!
But they do exist, because it is in us.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115832 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Almighty and All- Knowing God.
Bronze age sheep herders.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#115833 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When we say human like, we are talking about the physical or the flesh. God is far above that, he is a spirit. That spirit is in us, our energy/ drives/ thoughts, and the likes, can you physically see that? No!
So god was a spirit caveman once?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#115834 Jun 25, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, but not the same as the collapse of space. The effect in the link is closer to a condensation of the matter as space expands. So, for example, when steam condenses to form water.
Actually poly. Right after the articles on the pages. There is a link called "Explore further" (it is after the articles on every page). I think you will find many of them interesting.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115835 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am saying it is beyond science.
But if they want to try, they are free to do so, but quote me, they will never find a justifiable answer, other than God.
Yes, that's what I thought you said - that science cannot find right answers other than
God and that you won't accept any answers other than a god. Are you saying you have a problem with owning your own delusions?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#115836 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When we say human like, we are talking about the physical or the flesh. God is far above that, he is a spirit. That spirit is in us, our energy/ drives/ thoughts, and the likes, can you physically see that? No!

This must be him creating himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_painting#me...

Location hidden

#115837 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, until then you stick with your god dunitwiv magic 6000 years ago
out of nothing (read the babble), made a mistake and killed everyone and
everything (including new born children and kittens) by sending a flood
that could not happen in at least 12 different ways and then to start
again to release childhood leukaemia and the mosquito on the world to
come – that’s omnipotence for ya.
In the meantime I’ll stick with the scientific facts that describe the
universe from 10^-35 of a second after the event 13.8 billion years ago
to the heat death in around 15 trillion years, all without guessing.
You are ranting again, or do you have the evidence now?

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115838 Jun 25, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as can be determined God hasn't threatened anyone as there's no evidence that such a thing even exists.
<quoted text>
You misunderstand - the entire POINT of God is to appease the BELIEVER'S ego:
God is there so YOU can be happy.
God is there so YOU can live forever in eternal paradise.
God is there so YOU can have a "purpose".
God is there so YOU can say you're more righteous than anyone else who disagrees with your baseless opinions.
<quoted text>
As a guilt trip argument that's an EXTREMELY poor one. Since according to your own Bible there's nothing more evil than God. And all its atrocities are called "good", all because of the Big Cheese who was behind it all.
As for accounting for our behaviour that will happen in THIS life. If you upset your friends you can lose your friends. If you do harm to your neighbour your neighbour will give you grief. If you are a mass murderer or rob banks for a living you will have the authorities chasing you down to put you away and throw you in prison. Or maybe even deliver the death penalty.
So NO, any rejection of God is NOTHING to do with being "afraid" of "paying for our sins". ESPECIALLY when that would be a pointless exercise if your god DID exist as there'd be no way out of that in the first place. Therefore it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that there's ZERO EVIDENCE that your invisible wizard even exists.
We are not threatened by your invisible fairy tales. We are threatened by your insistence that your fairy tales are pushed onto EVERYONE'S kids and not just your own. Take a look at the fundie parts of the Middle East for the results of theocratic state.
If you are not threatened then why the strong reaction to those that do?
Don't you think that the more people make God non existent the less accountable they are?
Yes God is a comfort to those who can follow his simple laws. He is also a threat. Those who cannot follow his laws and teachings are the ones who feel the most need to negate him.
Keep in mind that is just my thinking and that I am not sure myself of the accuracy of everything that's written in the bible but I respect those that believe. Just like I respect your right to your views.

Location hidden

#115839 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, until then you stick with your god dunitwiv magic 6000 years ago
out of nothing (read the babble), made a mistake and killed everyone and
everything (including new born children and kittens) by sending a flood
that could not happen in at least 12 different ways and then to start
again to release childhood leukaemia and the mosquito on the world to
come – that’s omnipotence for ya.
In the meantime I’ll stick with the scientific facts that describe the
universe from 10^-35 of a second after the event 13.8 billion years ago
to the heat death in around 15 trillion years, all without guessing.
You are ranting again. Yes, stick with yours, but none of that can disprove a creator.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115840 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
Who is "we"? When I say human-like I mean it in the context I stated. An AI program is run on hardware that looks nothing at all like flesh and bone, yet can provide responses that might be indistinguishable from a human's. As well, I've often seen Christians convey that Jesus was/is God. The plain truth is that the ancient Semites constructed a god (and a heavenly host) that was human in every aspect except corporeal existence. Originally, he even had a wife. You simply cannot realistically (pardon my language) reconcile your Bible with new age flummery.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115841 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Our idea of being smart or intelligent is different to a certain extent than what natures is. Nature just knows things according to the information that is passed to it and retained by it. A knowing of how to make adjustments is built-in to natural systems which cycle following regular patterns.
So you're saying God has a database?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#115842 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are ranting again, or do you have the evidence now?
Have you?

The evidence as far as it goes has been provided; of course you are too dumb to understand that.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#115843 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, SCPID explains how systems and patterns are the way things work on Earth. Our circuitry that stores information is just a pattern recognizer and assigner for storing. And yes even plants have pattern recognition circuitry. Life has work/rest cycles and every natural life form that man has not altered assigns input information to use. These Systems, Cycles and Patterns are indeed an Intelligent Design.
Gibberish.

Plants have a disco-elastic monomer film acting as a neural net to observe, process, and analyze information. The conclusions of these analyses are communicated by the Ducts of Paine to the Jacobson's structures by implication. It is there that response is initiated. This is all part of the Rhythms, Reasons and Results System (RRR) first postulated by Edward Teach in the early 16th Century.

This Systems, Cycles and Patterns nonsense is just a pretense and a rip off of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 7 min Crystal_Clear722 3,674
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Jay 229,138
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 27 min kuda 31
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min Quirky 388,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 58 min ChristineM 20,208
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,195
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr President Trump 1,396,590
More from around the web