Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217099 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115468 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you see the number 42 as the answer? The Bible seems to indicate that the number 7 or 70 is the answer to that question.
When they guess or project, they call it facts or evidence. But forgetting that they are all piece of shit.
Nice hearing from you. Welcome.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115469 Jun 24, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
...Look for the effect of power, for one of the primary assertions is that God is Almighty.
Is that your criteria?
I can twist the lid off of a jar of pickles.(Most of the time anyway...) This is an "effect of power". Does this classify me as 'Almighty'?

Location hidden

#115470 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, likewise I am happy to see you are still standing for our great and awesome maker. May he continue to bless you.
Amen.

Sao Paulo

#115471 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
all plant life, all land life, all aquatic life, all life period all came from one simple single-celled organism that accidentally began to reproduce, accidentally became multi-cellular and accidentally became a shape shifter. i say accidentally because if those abilities did not already exist or weren't planned, then it had to come to those abilities by accident.
did life start with a rather large population? it would have to had started with a rather large population for natural selection to act for we all know that in smaller populations genetic drift causes reduced genetic variation so the evolution of all we see today, with decreased genetic variation would not be possible.
It didn't start from one organism, it most likely started from billions of organisms, and over time began to evolve and branch off, forming life as we know it today. Contrary to the Biblical myth that *POOF* 2 humans appeared 6000 years ago, got busy, and lead to life as we know it today.

Sao Paulo

#115472 Jun 24, 2014
Ozzie wrote:
envelopes. i was thinking about envelopes today..
just Oz.
*head-pat, head-pat*

Good for you Ozzie...

Sao Paulo

#115473 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you mean aristotle, for it was he who accepted the spherical shape of the earth before archimedes was even born and knowledge of the earth being a sphere began to spread about and began to be acknowledged.
I think you mean Pythagoras, well before Aristotle.

Sao Paulo

#115474 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for making my little experiment a successful one.
earlier i posted about (science) european-americans having more deleterious genetic variation than african populations. even gave links---- no one respomds.
i then post (just to get a bite)---so much for you people being interested in evolution and science. seems you would rather waste time arguing about ego’s and meaningless things. don’t let someone interested in science discussion interfere with talking about your ego’s, pigeon crap, the bible or your other meaningless things. time to go back to a forum where there is better and more interesting conversation on things than here on the kindergarten level. well played, continue on.--- which got one little bite, a sarcastic response.
i then post this argumentative/negative post--all plant life, all land life, all aquatic life, all life period all came from one simple single-celled organism that accidentally began to reproduce, accidentally became multi-cellular and accidentally became a shape shifter. i say accidentally because if those abilities did not already exist or weren't planned, then it had to come to those abilities by accident.
did life start with a rather large population? it would have to had started with a rather large population for natural selection to act for we all know that in smaller populations genetic drift causes reduced genetic variation so the evolution of all we see today, with decreased genetic variation would not be possible.---- and I get a big bite and get an insulted right fast.
result; very few, if any of you are here to discuss science. you are here to argue and see who has the bigger ego.
sadly you fail to see these hold some truth;
all plant life, all land life, all aquatic life, all life period all came from a simple single-celled organism that accidentally began to reproduce, accidentally became multi-cellular and accidentally became a shape shifter. i say accidentally because if those abilities did not already exist or weren't planned, then it had to come to those abilities by accident.
did life start with a rather large population? it would have to had started with a rather large population for natural selection to act for we all know that in smaller populations genetic drift causes reduced genetic variation so the evolution of all we see today, with decreased genetic variation would not be possible
So, admittedly, you're nothing more than a mere troll baiting people into argument? Please stop wasting our time.

Sao Paulo

#115475 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
how did one simple single-celled organism began to reproduce, become multi-cellular and began to change shape if it was not by accident?? how would you say it happened?
Oh, right. That's why there's no life on Earth today. How could we have missed that?
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>keep in mind unless you are claiming that life started with a large population, there would not be a sufficient population to change the population over time.

So which is it? You're contradicting yourself.
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>remember evolution is on a population level, not an individual level.
OK, Not evolution then...
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>small populations don't fair well for they lose genetic variation due to genetic drift and founder effect when a new population is established by a very small number of individuals from a larger population.
Adam and Eve was a rather small population.

So please elaborate YOUR view on how we're here today.

Sao Paulo

#115476 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
science has existed for many thousands of years. are understanding and knowledge of science has just grown leaps and bounds in the last 200 years. why do you find that hard to accept? there were forms of science back in 200bc. it was very primitive but it existed.
No, before scientists there were philosophers and mystics. And barbers.

Sao Paulo

#115477 Jun 24, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hell did you give up a decent life with prosperity in Austria for a life in a third world country?
Stolz, I'm assuming by your posts that you didn't get the memo - there's no more wall. Get out there and see the world before you reach you own conclusions please.

Sao Paulo

#115478 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
how many drunken sailors would you think there were 3000-4000 years ago?
In comparison to what, the number of scientists?

Sao Paulo

#115479 Jun 24, 2014
Alex Trebek wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did scientists come from?
Their mothers. Next question...

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#115480 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you see the number 42 as the answer? The Bible seems to indicate that the number 7 or 70 is the answer to that question.
Well the number 42 has considerable mathematic, scientific and technological significance. For example the hubble constant when expressed in Imperial gives 42 as a significant number in defining both the age and expansion of the universe.(there is much more)

And the babble has none, so without evidence of any sort you can take the babble with as much salt as you need.

Having said that, 42 mentioned several times in the babble.

There are 42 generations (names) in the Gospel of Matthew's version of the Genealogy of Jesus.
it is prophesied that for 42 months the Beast will hold dominion over the Earth (Revelation 13:5).
42 men of Beth-azmaveth were counted in the census of men of Israel upon return from exile (Ezra 2:24).
God sent bears to maul 42 of the teenage boys who mocked Elisha for his baldness (2 Kings 2:23)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_%28number%29

However the world of Douglas Adams override all that.

Sao Paulo

#115481 Jun 24, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually as kids we catch our parents or someone playing Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. I have never caught anyone playing/trying to be God.
As I said look around you at all this world is. I find that hard to believe that it all happened by chance.
We also catch them playing wheelbarrow racing, but that's irrelevant to the topic at hand I guess...

#115482 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As long as you don 't have a straight answer. You are just asserting.
My assertion is based on known, observed and measured evidence and it was pretty straight, factual and accurate, not my problem you choose to ignore it and it’s implications.
And as long as you are guessing you are guessing and your guess is based on the mythology of bronze age goat herders

#115483 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Educate yourself. The universe never came by accident, never!
Your guesswork is pure guesswork.

But of course you could have evidence to validate your statement, if so we would all like to see it and I am sure that the scientific world would heap honours on you and the religious world would bestow goodness on you beyond avarice

Only one problem here, billions of people like you have been trying to convince people you have evidence for several thousand years and guess what, each and every one has failed.

Location hidden

#115484 Jun 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My assertion is based on known, observed and measured evidence and it was pretty straight, factual and accurate, not my problem you choose to ignore it and it’s implications.
And as long as you are guessing you are guessing and your guess is based on the mythology of bronze age goat herders
To date, you have still not prove anything. Does that mean that science is limited in that regard?
I leave that to you. Until you understand that, keep it up with your garbage.

#115485 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are the ignorant. Like the German idiot who was trying to cover up for his country, forgetting history. I asked him a simple question, to date, he is still running away from that question.
Education is good, but it is only limited to secular matters.
??? forgetting history, Our german buddy may long for the return of fascism to justify his faith in the master race but I do not forget history and comparing me with him makes you a lying T\/\/AT. I use history to build and validate my claims, a point that you could never do because you have no claims, what you have is faith.

Education is good and only limited by the mind. You want to limit yourself to spiritual ignorance because it suites your sensibilities, then that is up to you.

Location hidden

#115486 Jun 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can the drives/ forces/ spirit in us be measured in a scientific lab?

#115487 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When they guess or project, they it facts or evidence, but not knowing that they are all a piece of shit.
Nice hearing from you. Welcome.
No guessing involved, that’s your pass time but you have just shown yourself to be a stupid moron yet again. Have you ever wondered why you have no credibility here on topix?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Brad 1,460,389
News If feds try to ID deportable immigrants using C... 2 min Trump your President 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 3 min President Donald ... 14,926
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 5 min Denny CranesPlace 2,185
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 231,226
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 8 min berklee 3,204
News White rage and racist thought: How history puts... 8 min KIP 85
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min positronium 404,315
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 26 min Faith Michigan 686
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Chicagoan by Birth 253,615
More from around the web