Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199214 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112211 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have been listening to a convicted felon that could not even follow what his own Bible, what Jesus himself said about taxation.
And you are asking a moronic question. Try harder and you will get an answer. Here is a hint, don't trust convicted liars with fake degrees from a Bible "university" when it comes to science.
I gave you a shot and you could not come up with anything.
And to answer an earlier post, yes you do seem to be a troll. Your idiocy will drive people to the theory of evolution and that is one thing I can be thankful for.
Oh, Lord. I'm dealing with CLOWNS!! "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112212 Apr 26, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
funny, but I grew up in the 60's & 70's and clearly remember the older generation of adults saying we were the most self absorbed, selfish unruly generation to date. Growing up in the 40'ss & 50's they had more responsibility and cared more for each other
Then, God forbid, it must be EVEN WORSE now!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#112213 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, HELLO!! Darwin was WRONG. I think he himself EVENTUALLY ADMITTED he was WRONG, not long before he died. THIS is the FATHER of EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!! At the end of his book,'On The Origin Of Species' he mentions the "Creator" BUT in subsequent copies of the book, this word (Creator) is mysteriously MISSING. Why??
False story written by your handlers.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112214 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> It says in the Bible that GOD is a SPIRIT. Would you dare say HE lives in a dreamworld?? ESPECIALLY if and when you are standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM on J-Day?? I will feel deeply sorry for both you and any other non-believer on that day. MORE - MUCH MORE souls will be cast into the fiery furnace of HELL on that terrible day, than those who will enter through the pearly gates of Heaven. We're talking a percentage ratio of 99:1. FEW - VERY FEW souls will go to the GLORY of Heaven on that day. Will YOU be one of the chosen few?? I sincerely hope you will be!!
No,*you* are living in a dream world. You believe in a spirit when there is NO evidence to support your belief. You think that faith is a good thing, when in actuality it a an avoidance of the responsibility to think.

Listen carefully: we do not believe in your myths.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112215 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now come on, if you idiots had a case against evolution you could show it.
Let's see a link to a scientific article that debunks evolution.
You only have to look on here (the Net) and you'll find the answer.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112216 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, SZ, one of the convenient reasons why people like you reject God, is because you want to SIN. THEN you won't FEEL like a HYPOCRITE (such as what you're calling me). You are taking the path of LEAST RESISTANCE. But little do you know, that the EASY way you are taking WILL end up in deep shit in the end, i.e. you will be hurled down into the JAWS of HELL. Not worth it, mate.
Garbage. We are searching for the truth. Your claim you have that truth, but provide no reason to think you are correct. On the other hand, we have science, which shows evidence, uses reason, and has been working to help us out for the last 400 years. Sorry, but your myths don't hold a candle to the facts. Your lies don't win converts; they only show the weakness of your beliefs.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112217 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> You DO realize that what you are typing IS being recorded by God's angels, right?? EVERYTHING you THINK, SAY and DO is being recorded. I wonder how the MOVIE of YOUR LIFE, SZ, will play out on the Great Judgment Day??
That i *your* mythology. Why should we believe you have the answers? When we actually look at the evidence, your beliefs fail: your Bible fails. You are in denial.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112218 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Look, either something happens, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then you can throw all the time at it that you wanna - but it will NEVER happen. That is, unless YOU (intelligence) causes something to happen. Secondly, the universe (as I've said before) is a CLOSED system. This ULTIMATELY means that everything in the universe will lose energy and eventually lose heat (along with order), slow down, come to a standstill, freeze, then die. Something OUTSIDE of the universe needs to keep it and everything in it, from essentially DYING. WHAT, or more particularly, WHO, is this external FORCE?? Thirdly, you are right in that we have PROGRESSED in MANY ways. I don't argue with you about that. But overall, have we progressed?? Think about it.
Yes, we have "progressed". So what? By your logic it is impossible to grow from a baby to an adult since that would be progress and break the laws of entropy. The fact that there are local reductions in entropy does not break the laws of thermodynamics. Once again even retarded creationist sites admit that the SLoT arguments (Second Law of Thermodynimics) are stupid arguments.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112219 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a fool. If we were lying other scientists could show that we are.
It is fun to watch poor brain dead wafer munchers try to deny the obvious.
Most of the scientific community agree with you Evos simply coz you have the loudest voices. I don't know if you know this guy called Matt Dillahunty, but he hosts a talkback show (you can find it on YouTube) called The Atheist Experience. All I can say is BOY is he ARROGANT!! If anyone phoning him tries to explain their point of view, he either CUTS them OFF, or SHOUTS DOWN at them. ARROGANT son-of-a-bitch!! I suppose if you Evos hosted a talkback show, you would probably be AS, if not MORE, arrogant than HE is.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112220 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we really can pronounce the letter "r" at the end of words. I could probably even teach you the proper way to pronounce that particular letter.
Hey, I've got a joke for you, SZ. What do you like best about an American girl talking to you while you're both walking down the street?? The way she rolls her "R"s!!
MrBob jones

Canada

#112221 Apr 26, 2014
Look, i only came on here to say how frickin arrogant/mean you guys are on this stupid forum i also said that i personally believe evolutionists get alot more defensive and arrogant and being all my responses were a bunch of angry defensive evolutionists using frickin 6 year old terms to pick at everything to make themselves feel better just proves my point and since thats all said and done im out, im done wasting time on here

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112222 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, one thing I know is that people CARED back then. This new generation of kids (I don't know if your demographic fits that category)- MAN!!- they are SO SELFISH.
Some people cared back then. Some people care now. Some people were corrupt back then. Some people are corrupt now. if anything, corruption was more common then because the technology allowed people to hide it better. We know more now than we did then about how people actually operate.
Just SELF-SERVING to the MAX!! Absolutely NO consideration for others. When I was a kid (about 12 or 13 in the mid-70's)everyone had a GENUINE LOVE and CONCERN for one another.
Guess what? That was a delusion based on your being a child and being protected from all the harms in the world.
You would be hard-pressed to find that in today's world. Everyone - ESPECIALLY the young generation - are so UP THEMSELVES. They don't give a damn about ANYONE.
Every generation says that about the previous one. Every single one. There is a quote from Aristotle saying *exactly* the same thing from 2300 years ago. Perhaps the problem is that you are looking at the past through rose-colored glasses?
Except, of course, for their OWN welfare. Mind you, if you read the Bible (2 Timothy chapter 3 for instance), it says that days like these times we're in now would see SELFISH people such as the young folk we have today. Yeah, we have all the wonderful flashy technology, and we have without doubt MORE material wealth than we've EVER had before, AND we have STACKS of KNOWLEDGE (THAT is without DOUBT), MORE knowledge than at ANY OTHER TIME throughout human history. But what I am driving at, is DO WE LOVE one another as we used to??
Yes, actually, I think we do. Perhaps better. There is far less violence now than there was 200 years ago. The laws are less draconian, there is more ability for people to help each other. Perhaps the problem is that you are hanging around with selfish people who are trying to screw everyone else?
Do we have a GENUINELY CARING society??
Once you get away from the conservatives who are trying to screw everyone over and deny them basic necessities for life, yes I do think we are more caring than before.
How many neighbors living up and down your street do you actually KNOW?? When I was a kid, my parents (when they were alive back then) not only knew the names of most of our neighbors in our street, but actually took the time to KNOW them. personally. You'll never find that these days. Not in a zillion years.
Actually, you *will* find caring neighborhoods around today. You have to look for those that are devoted to raising children together. You are looking at the past through the eyes of a protected child. if you open them to the realities (racism, sexism, etc), I think you will find many things have gotten better (except where people are insisting that we not help those in need).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112223 Apr 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
False story written by your handlers.
Oh, PLEASE!!
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112224 Apr 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No,*you* are living in a dream world. You believe in a spirit when there is NO evidence to support your belief. You think that faith is a good thing, when in actuality it a an avoidance of the responsibility to think.
Listen carefully: we do not believe in your myths.
Yet the Devil has been feeding you the MYTH of Evolution all this time!! Now YOU listen carefully: WE do not believe in YOUR myths (he-he!!).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112225 Apr 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage. We are searching for the truth. Your claim you have that truth, but provide no reason to think you are correct. On the other hand, we have science, which shows evidence, uses reason, and has been working to help us out for the last 400 years. Sorry, but your myths don't hold a candle to the facts. Your lies don't win converts; they only show the weakness of your beliefs.
Okay, so let's have it YOUR WAY. There is NO GOD. There is NO purpose, NO direction and NO meaning to life. We all just came from RANDOM pond scum many millions of years ago. We CAME from NOTHING, so we are heading towards (oh, you're SO BRILLIANT!!).......NOTHING!!!! ! EVERYTHING will END in DEATH and DESTRUCTION. So letz PARTY ON like it's 1999 (as Prince sings)!!!!! IMPORTANT QUESTION: WHERE is the Human Race heading?? WHAT direction are we taking?? WHERE are we going to?? Without GOD, there is NO purpose, NO direction, and NO meaning to life. But MOST importantly, there is NO HOPE.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112226 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Most of the scientific community agree with you Evos simply coz you have the loudest voices. I don't know if you know this guy called Matt Dillahunty, but he hosts a talkback show (you can find it on YouTube) called The Atheist Experience. All I can say is BOY is he ARROGANT!! If anyone phoning him tries to explain their point of view, he either CUTS them OFF, or SHOUTS DOWN at them. ARROGANT son-of-a-bitch!! I suppose if you Evos hosted a talkback show, you would probably be AS, if not MORE, arrogant than HE is.
No he spanks fools that cannot stay on point. He has a very limited time. Here you can blather all that you want, which you have been doing. I have yet to see you even try to make a point.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112227 Apr 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
That i *your* mythology. Why should we believe you have the answers? When we actually look at the evidence, your beliefs fail: your Bible fails. You are in denial.
It's not ME who has the answers. It's God. Read the Book for yourself, bro. Read the Book (he-he!!).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112228 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we have "progressed". So what? By your logic it is impossible to grow from a baby to an adult since that would be progress and break the laws of entropy. The fact that there are local reductions in entropy does not break the laws of thermodynamics. Once again even retarded creationist sites admit that the SLoT arguments (Second Law of Thermodynimics) are stupid arguments.
It's guys like you who are speeding up the Second Law (ROFLMAO!!).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112229 Apr 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people cared back then. Some people care now. Some people were corrupt back then. Some people are corrupt now. if anything, corruption was more common then because the technology allowed people to hide it better. We know more now than we did then about how people actually operate.
<quoted text>
Guess what? That was a delusion based on your being a child and being protected from all the harms in the world.
<quoted text>
Every generation says that about the previous one. Every single one. There is a quote from Aristotle saying *exactly* the same thing from 2300 years ago. Perhaps the problem is that you are looking at the past through rose-colored glasses?
<quoted text>
Yes, actually, I think we do. Perhaps better. There is far less violence now than there was 200 years ago. The laws are less draconian, there is more ability for people to help each other. Perhaps the problem is that you are hanging around with selfish people who are trying to screw everyone else?
<quoted text>
Once you get away from the conservatives who are trying to screw everyone over and deny them basic necessities for life, yes I do think we are more caring than before.
<quoted text>
Actually, you *will* find caring neighborhoods around today. You have to look for those that are devoted to raising children together. You are looking at the past through the eyes of a protected child. if you open them to the realities (racism, sexism, etc), I think you will find many things have gotten better (except where people are insisting that we not help those in need).
Admit it. It's worse.
1 post removed

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#112231 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, so let's have it YOUR WAY. There is NO GOD. There is NO purpose, NO direction and NO meaning to life. We all just came from RANDOM pond scum many millions of years ago. We CAME from NOTHING, so we are heading towards (oh, you're SO BRILLIANT!!).......NOTHING!!!! ! EVERYTHING will END in DEATH and DESTRUCTION. So letz PARTY ON like it's 1999 (as Prince sings)!!!!! IMPORTANT QUESTION: WHERE is the Human Race heading?? WHAT direction are we taking?? WHERE are we going to?? Without GOD, there is NO purpose, NO direction, and NO meaning to life. But MOST importantly, there is NO HOPE.
First of all we did not come from nothing. We came from our ancestors, both immediate and distant relatives, stretching back for millions of years of evolution.
This type ranting is so much more than simply ignorant, that you would have no purpose, direction, and meaning without your precious belief in god.
You even go so far is saying there is no hope without your belief.
Suppose there really is no god, does this mean you cannot find love?
That you cannot learn ?
You cannot share time with people you love?
Have children and raise a family?
The direction humanity takes entirely rests on humans to take us in this direction.
One rallying goal of humanity is exploration, first the planet and now the universe.
Direction in your life comes from your inner will to achieve some goal.
It becomes the individuals goal and purpose to attain it.

But most importantly the hope , which you lack without a deity is very telling about yourself.
Most of us have great hope and fears, none of which depend on a creator.
Most of all we can hope for the survival of humanity, and our children to be happy and lead successful and rewarding lives enriched by people they love.
Some of us find all the things you describe by joining groups greater than themselves, and indeed find all the rewards in doing so.

That all things eventually come to an end is not a happy ending, but it is the necessary conclusion. But it doesn't have to be for billions of years, after which we may be able to change this verdict, if we survive. Which brings us back to a purpose and goal.
A simple wish to carry on , and this we can hope for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 min WeTheSheeple 262
News Julian Castro says he's not being vetted for vi... 2 min Cat74 13
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Just Think 12,968
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min katrina 88 387,915
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,394,831
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 8 min payme 1,006
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 11 min Denny CranesPlace 416
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 45 min abc 168
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 55 min Nopal 167
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Chilli J 3,270
More from around the web