Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164323 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109341 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That it oscillates?
How about including the orbital oscillation and the axial precession and the apsidal precession and the orbital inclination?
Or how about explaining the rapid and unprecedented rise in CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere in the last 50 years or so.
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence
The consensus of climate scientist can
It wasn't me who said they couldn't! My only point is that, the system is following a pattern and it is cycling to work a certain way. We can gather what it will do from observing these oscillations.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#109342 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't me who said they couldn't! My only point is that, the system is following a pattern and it is cycling to work a certain way. We can gather what it will do from observing these oscillations.
Uh....yeah.

No sh!t, Sherlock.

THAT is an example of your mighty insight?!?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#109343 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't me who said they couldn't! My only point is that, the system is following a pattern and it is cycling to work a certain way. We can gather what it will do from observing these oscillations.
The system is following several patterns
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109344 Mar 5, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....yeah.
No sh!t, Sherlock.
THAT is an example of your mighty insight?!?
Well, it's not like this is a Johnny Come Lately idea around here.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109345 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The system is following several patterns
OK, then what you need to do, is to identify the sub system which regulates what you are needing to find out about. This is simple SCPID thinking, and we have been talking about things like this around here for years now.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109346 Mar 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in the myth there were two trees. The only point you (repeatedly) make is not knowing the line between fiction and fact.
You can believe the Bible when it tells you things like this. There was a tree that could live forever and if humans ate from it they could have been immortal as well. The facts do not go against this. I don't know what happened to that tree though.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#109347 Mar 5, 2014
Tinka wrote:
So to Discussion and to worth in it alone to what else is?

Cause?
To that it is what thought if is that much to you for where is the yellow dog if your cat is delivering the paper?

#109348 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, then what you need to do, is to identify the sub system which regulates what you are needing to find out about. This is simple SCPID thinking, and we have been talking about things like this around here for years now.
I know what I needed to know. I thought it was you who had some terrific insight into the scarcity of fossils during the last ice age.

Never mind.

Orlando

#109349 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, then what you need to do, is to identify the sub system which regulates what you are needing to find out about. This is simple SCPID thinking, and we have been talking about things like this around here for years now.
You mean like *THIS*?

Milankovitch cycles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cyc...

Well known, well studied, and used for prediction of orbital mechanics for a LONG time.

You still have presented NOTHING NEW.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109350 Mar 5, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
To that it is what thought if is that much to you for where is the yellow dog if your cat is delivering the paper?
OH NO! Not the RPG generator again?
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109351 Mar 5, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like *THIS*?
Milankovitch cycles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cyc...
Well known, well studied, and used for prediction of orbital mechanics for a LONG time.
You still have presented NOTHING NEW.
Thank you. There is really nothing new under the sun and everything follows his circuits.

#109352 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. There is really nothing new under the sun and everything follows his circuits.
Wearable cell phones? just launched

Google glasses, fairly new.

3D printing, fairly new.

Firefox OS, brand new.

Parallella computing, brand new.

Orlando

#109353 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. There is really nothing new under the sun and everything follows his circuits.
There likely are MANY patterns found in nature that we have yet to uncover, and/or exploit.

But if you think you've found something original, PLEASE research it more completely before making your 'announcement' here.

It would be very embarrassing for you if you were to 'invent' the sundial.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#109354 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can believe the Bible when it tells you things like this. There was a tree that could live forever and if humans ate from it they could have been immortal as well. The facts do not go against this. I don't know what happened to that tree though.
apparently there wasn't, or that tree would still be here...it is not...
obviously, we cannot believe the bible on this...just another proven lie in that book....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109355 Mar 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can believe the Bible when it tells you things like this. There was a tree that could live forever and if humans ate from it they could have been immortal as well. The facts do not go against this. I don't know what happened to that tree though.
I am quite able to not believe the Bible when it tells of "things like this." There is no sane reason anyone should since ALL of the facts go against it.
Simply put, what is not delusional about your thinking the Genesis stories were real and why would I choose to traipse down that rabbit hole with you?
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109356 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wearable cell phones? just launched
Google glasses, fairly new.
3D printing, fairly new.
Firefox OS, brand new.
Parallella computing, brand new.
We have been referring to nature. The natural earth and universe or the heaven and the earth as the Bible speaks of it.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109357 Mar 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>apparently there wasn't, or that tree would still be here...it is not...
obviously, we cannot believe the bible on this...just another proven lie in that book....
Not necessarily. The Bible says the Cherubim's were the guardians of that tree. We are not told exactly what a Cherubim is, but I think they could have been like the jellyfish in their ability to live forever, and they may have taken the tree off of the earth.
3 posts removed

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#109361 Mar 5, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Grow up you idiot, you earlier said the present have the upper hand, so if England and the other two parties, decided, Britain is history.
You can say that again.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category...

Looks like the English invented eating Britons.
FASTWYND

Calhoun, GA

#109362 Mar 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can say that again.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category...
Looks like the English invented eating Britons.
The old adage THEY CAN KILL YOU BUT THEY CANT EAT YOU aint true then I guess?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#109363 Mar 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
BRITANIA
THE BRITISH ISLES
BRITAIN
BRITISH
End of discussion, I have far more important things to do than waste any more of my time with you
You don't have anything important to add, you are clueless. No England, Scotland and Wales, no Britain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 7,466
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 6 min Your Ex 77
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,234,269
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Limbertwig 182,792
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 11 min ACTUALLY 1,411
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 12 min VN Vet 2,470
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min VorenusI 328,640
News Ireland same-sex marriage 54 min Lawrence Wolf 283
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 2 hr Chicagoan by Birth 165
More from around the web