Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205433 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108531 Jan 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Some romans would state picts and britons and more exotic names were used. 449 CE
It took till about 550 CE until the Angels, Saxons and Jute had some real foothold.
Using the name Brits would be going back to a former idea of unity, since that in fact never really happened. But this kind of souvereignity is a source of pride.
The lingo used now was as far as i know invented by BBC radio.
And that does not change the fact that English originated in England.
1 post removed
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108533 Jan 31, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are a little confused here.
First you go with the assumption that life has an origin. Not sure why you accept this, universal laws in science or other reasons.
It's not an assumption, it's observed.

Of course it's always possible that either life had an earlier origin further back in time, for which there's no evidence, or stretches infinitely into the past, which contradicts evidence. Occam's Razor therefore would suggest that life's origin occurred about 3.5 billion years ago here on Earth.
EXPERT wrote:
Then you suggest an organization of matter (chemical) theory. Uniformity in Nature? You willing to accept that?
Problem? Also one must be careful that they don't use terms like "organisation" in a loaded way, such as implying that "organisation" requires intelligence. This doesn't apply to chemistry, because particular chemicals act and react with each other in particular ways, leading to predictable consequences. Which is why we know H2O makes water, and never platinum.
EXPERT wrote:
Lastly you've stated that it need only happen once. That claim seems to mean that those searching for life outside of our planet are waisting their time.
Not really. Life starting here has no bearing on whether or not life started anywhere else.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108534 Jan 31, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens.
Even the Bible tells you that.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108535 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are ignorant.
BONG!!!

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108536 Jan 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Some romans would state picts and britons and more exotic names were used. 449 CE
It took till about 550 CE until the Angels, Saxons and Jute had some real foothold.
Using the name Brits would be going back to a former idea of unity, since that in fact never really happened. But this kind of souvereignity is a source of pride.
The lingo used now was as far as i know invented by BBC radio.
And named Britannia by the Romans centuries before the Angles arrived on these shores

I have heard that the only people who actually speak the queen’s English now hail from a small village in eastern Scotland

#108537 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why then do we have Scottish, Welsh, English and Irish in that UK?
Because all of them speaks a different language.
Nope they don’t speak a different (first) language, they have different dialects on one language, in fact they have different dialects amongst the dialects,

And they are known as British because they are British you dumbo.

The Scottish are not English, but they are British (at the moment)

The Welsh are not English but they are British

The Northern Irish are not English but they are British

Britain in the for of Britannia was named long before part of it was named the land of the Angles, later shortened to England

#108538 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know, " all British are not English ". This is a fact.
All English are British, live with it and admit your are a pig ignorant pedantic moron

Stop trying to diminish my nationality with your pig ignorant silly bugger stupidity.

#108539 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Your opinion as well.
Fool, factual knowledge is not opinion

And still you can provide no evidence to support your claim that goddunit wiv magic

Location hidden

#108540 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All English are British, live with it and admit your are a pig ignorant pedantic moron
Stop trying to diminish my nationality with your pig ignorant silly bugger stupidity.
Yes they British politically and English culturally.

#108541 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But even though, politically they hated the US, they all recognised that fact that, it started in the US?
What did basketball? Rubbish. It was played in various forms for almost 2000 years before America was even discovered.

And what has this got to do with your claim that the US are in control of the game globally?

The US is in control of the game in the US, nothing more. FYI, the US is not a global country, it stops at that bloody huge wall you call a border. So your god given US patriotism and complete ignorance of geography are doing you no good whatsoever

#108542 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Politically, you are right to avoid England's dominance. But culturally you are WRONG.
There is no avoidance involved, England both politically, physically and culturally is a part of Britain

Why do you insist on trying to diminish my nationality and culture?

Location hidden

#108543 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You the pig because am right. Culturally, England is English, and politically, British.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108544 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Spare the rod, spoil the child. Children needs that some times for corrections. OK? Now answer the question posted to you.

Ok,

My answer is May Be,

Maybe they can Maybe they Can't,...

And he told this parable:“A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. 7 And he said to the vinedresser,‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’ 8 And he answered him,‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. 9 Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’”

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108545 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no avoidance involved, England both politically, physically and culturally is a part of Britain

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Location hidden

#108546 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so dumb headed. In Britain, we have English, which is England, Scottish, which is Scotland and Welsh, for Wales.

#108547 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You the pig because am right. Culturally, England is English, and politically, British.
You would not undertone culture if it sat on your face and farted.

Culturally England is multicultural, you really have absolutely no idea do you?

Location hidden

#108548 Jan 31, 2014
Expert, You have a point, but that point is wrong, because, Spanish originated in Spain. Ok?

Location hidden

#108549 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not undertone culture if it sat on your face and farted.
Culturally England is multicultural, you really have absolutely no idea do you?
English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108550 Jan 31, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
Sorry to hear that you're suffering Replay, just be strong and get through it. Time does heal all.

#108551 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?
Nope not OK

It really does not matter how hard you stomp your foot

Parts of the English language were first spoken in England

Other parts of it were first spoken in various parts of Europe

Some of the older words were fist spoken in the middle east

And some of the newer words were first spoken in India, China etc.

And of course the country of England is still a multicultural society and has been for at least 2500 years, probably far, far more stretching back to before the last ice age.

The real problem here I that you do not know how to phrase you insults so they are not insults. What you need to do is earn an extra couple of years of education and then, with luck and hard work you can write exactly what you mean to write.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,420,541
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 240,016
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Cagando 8,026
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Hill4me 222,799
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 14 min Cornfused 83
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 17 min Denny CranesPlace 396
News Ohio Democrats hope Donald Trump costs GOP bits... 22 min Hillary 5
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 393,413
More from around the web