Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
96,341 - 96,360 of 113,165 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is not hearsay by any stretch of your feeble imagination.
the facts are clear that the words of the bible attempt to create a god that the bible itself disproves. what part of this are you not clear on?
Words of others are hearsay no matter how you want to look at it. That is a fact.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG dude. You've never showed evidence, all you've done is state it.
OMG?!? are you a teenager from the last decade?

yes, i have shown proof. how can the infallible god the bible says is the god of your cult make mistakes like the ones i have pointed out with verifiable facts? it cannot, hence the god your cult attempted to create is proven false.

the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. we know this for a fact. the Noachian flood never happened, we know this for a fact. the story of jesus is just a rehash of previous religious cult myths. the real jesus was just a rabble rouser that was just like the occupy wall street people of today. his whole story was embellished to support the political agenda of those who used him as a political soundbyte.

your entire belief system is based on proven lies. you are in a cult.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet i gave you the clear, verifiable facts that you were unable to counter that clearly show the 'god' your cult attempted to create cannot be real.
what part of that did you not understand? i can explain it to you again if you need me to...
You've given no facts. No evidence. No links. No quotes.

Nothing.

All you do is repeat yourself, saying "the bible disproves god", et al.

If you have proof, offer it up.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have. I have done so by supporting my claims with sources, something that your side rarely if ever does. I show that I am educated by debating in an educated manor. RR makes claims but never supports them, even when he is making claims about his own superstitious beliefs.
Yep name calling and posting links shows one is educated. Even a third grader can do that. LOL

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The estimate of how much water is in the crust is a 'best guess' and not accurate by actual evidence. Here's some old info you seem to have missed. Your welcome :)
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/...
Inner Earth May Hold More Water Than the Seas
By Ben Harder
for National Geographic News
March 7, 2002
Molten rocks deep in the earths interior may be surprisingly wet, Japanese researchers say. From lab experiments, they have concluded there may be more H2O deep underground than in all oceans, lakes, and rivers combined.
The scientists first heated "mineral cocktails" to a white-hot 1600 degrees Celsius (2900 degrees Fahrenheit) and squeezed them until the pressure reached more than three million pounds per square inch (200,000 kilograms per square centimeter). Then they cooked the samples for an hour.
The experiments replicated the environment and conditions deep in the Earth.
Based on what they witnessed in their lab, the researchers concluded that more water probably exists deep within the Earth than is present on Earth's surface—as much as five times more.
"Our results suggest that the lower mantle can potentially store considerable amounts of water," said Motohiko Murakami of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, where the experiments were conducted.
"The presence of water in the crystal structure of [deep-Earth] minerals would be expected to soften the minerals and change their flow behavior," he added. That, in turn, could affect how the innards of the planet mix and shift over time, and could indirectly affect conditions and forces near the surface, such as plate tectonics.
Wet Rocks
Did you even finish grade school?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can babble all you want. I still want the facts and evidence that life exists other than here on earth.
the fact that there is life here on earth is proof that life exists in the universe. now we are just looking for more life. what part of this logic do you not get?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For example...?
<quoted text>
O_o
Please cite the scripture that says the earth is flat.
<quoted text>
To what fallacious beliefs are you referring?
I don't worship the Bible, dude. I worship God. Can you grasp that very simple concept?
And I already told you, you do not get any more Bible verses until you support your claim that Christians do not have to follow the laws of the OT. I gave you a verse, you have failed to support any of your claims.

Last, your actions speak louder than your words. You worship the Bible and not God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Oooh! A new made up term.
So what is "spiritual apprehension"?
Obviously you don't even read your own posts.

YOU wrote it.

http://m.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9QUH...
And where have I bashed the Bible? Pointing out that the Bible is full of errors is not bashing it.
But you haven't done that. Not that I've seen. You, like your athitard pal, just keep repeating yourselves that you've done it.

DO IT.

Point out some "biblical errors" so I can show you why you're wrong.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "Like all religions, yours if clearly full of mistakes, logical errors, immorality, failed prophecies, and self contradictions."
A creationists could easily say "Like all science, yours if clearly full of mistakes, logical errors, failed theories, and self contradictions.
The only difference is science is still around to correct itself, no one is around to correct the bible.
Oh? God is dead then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides you evident unfamiliarity with science, have you ever heard of Google or Wikipedia? Who does your high school projects for you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_system#For...
Wiki is unreliable.

You should know that.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
I supplied the verse that supported my claim.
No. You supplied the verse you thought supported your claim. I showed you that you're wrong. Why does that bother you?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>OMG?!? are you a teenager from the last decade?
yes, i have shown proof. how can the infallible god the bible says is the god of your cult make mistakes like the ones i have pointed out with verifiable facts? it cannot, hence the god your cult attempted to create is proven false.
the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. we know this for a fact. the Noachian flood never happened, we know this for a fact. the story of jesus is just a rehash of previous religious cult myths. the real jesus was just a rabble rouser that was just like the occupy wall street people of today. his whole story was embellished to support the political agenda of those who used him as a political soundbyte.
your entire belief system is based on proven lies. you are in a cult.
The only fact you have shown is you believe hearsay of man and claim it to be facts. You have not shown one thing God himself wrote or said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
RR claims that he is "edumacated" he has not provided any evidence of that. But then he has not provided evidence for any of his claims.
Really? What claims have I made?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that's the current fad.
Prove it.
Remember my claim that you were uneducated. Here is evidence that supports my claim. The proper request would be for evidence, not for for "proof".

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And I already told you, you do not get any more Bible verses until you support your claim that Christians do not have to follow the laws of the OT. I gave you a verse, you have failed to support any of your claims.
Last, your actions speak louder than your words. You worship the Bible and not God.
the idiot pinhead doesn't think he has to follow the ten commandments to be a christian?

i missed that post...perhaps his brain really is as small as it looks in his picture...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that there is life here on earth is proof that life exists in the universe. now we are just looking for more life. what part of this logic do you not get?
As I said. Show me facts, proof or evidence life exists somewhere besides here on earth. And again I say, Oh that's right you can't.

It is all speculation of maybe and could be.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
"Without evidence of the existence of something the logical belief is that it does not exist." Is that why we are still looking for ET, because after years and years of studies and tests, years and years of space exploration, with no evidence what so ever, we still believe ET is still out there somewhere? LOL
Asked and answered.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

So far all Sub and Tick can do/have been doing are stating opinions, not facts. As by the rules, facts have to be shown by evidence. Those are your rules people. If you want other people to abide by them you have to abide by them yourselves. You say the bible can’t be used for proof of God but yet use it for no proof of God. Hilarious!! Fact is the bible cannot prove or disprove God. It was written by man.
You show in your blind attacks that all you have is opinions, not facts.

Sub - gullibility is a synonym of faith - opinion not fact.
Sub - they worship the bible - opinion not fact.
Tick - God is not real - opinion not fact.
Tick - The bible proves God is a myth - opinion not fact.
Sub and Tick both– we have evidence life is out there somewhere else – opinion not fact

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? God is dead then?
How in the fck do you get God is dead out of that. LMFAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me facts/evidence there is other life other than here on earth. Oh that's right you don't have any.
He thinks because he wrote it on Topix it's a fact.

Lol, what a weirdo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••