Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201774 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101943 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you gave no evidence for a global flood in the time of humans on Earth....
Yes, I did. I gave 18 proofs. Here, I'll post it again. Try reading it this time.

"Let's Look at the Evidence:
The following are 18 Evidences of either massive flooding and erosion, extremely rapid layering of strata, or direct evidence of a Worldwide Flood. Such evidences are found in numerous places on virtually every Continent."

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101944 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I supplied you with evidence.
I told you that you wouldn't like it....
There IS evidence of the Great Flood. Period.
Bullshit. Provide the evidence. We haven't shot this crap down in - what was it - days!

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101945 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie. You did not read them. Here, lazy ass:
Romans 10:4
Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Ephesians 2:15
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace
Galatians 3:23-25
Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
You lose.
And yet none of those verses clearly states that we are exempt from Old Testament laws, nor were they said by Jesus. That is a double fail on your part.

My verse show what Jesus said, you were supposed to come up with something that he said that said we were no longer covered by OT law.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101946 Oct 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet that physics nor biology can not accurately predict our end. Just admit your ignorance.
yet the god of your cult has been proven to be a myth, so s/he certainly cannot predict it either...

basically, you entire post is pointless, as usual....
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#101947 Oct 20, 2013
The one in the bible. I assumed that you had read it.

Genesis 3:1
New International Version
The Fall

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman,“Did God really say,‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent,“We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say,‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What talking snake?

St. Croix valley

#101948 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave a link that offered up 18 different proofs of the Great Flood.
Why don't you focus on any of those? Afraid to be proven wrong?
Just like with SZ, you hate it that there is in fact evidence of it.
no, none of them were even close to proofs. youa re attempting to see what you want to see to avoid having to admit you have been in a cult all this time...

classic cult member reaction when shown the truth....lie, and lie some more...

the sooner you admit the truth, the sooner you can think for yourself like a real human...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101949 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you keep conveniently skipping over the fact that we have verifiable proof of life in this universe...
we have so far examined, well not really examined, briefly glanced at .0000000000000000001 % of the universe for life...
Uhm no it is you that seem to keep skipping over the fact that the only life we know of, have seen, have tested, have observed, have studied is ONLY here on earth.

At only .0000000000000000001% of the universe you have a long way to go to prove other life and to disprove God huh. LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#101950 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
RR, your so called "proof" started out with one of the oldest debunked claims of creatardism, that of "polystrate fossils". This article totally puts the lie to your nonsense:
http://tinyurl.com/2gclm9
It is from TalkOrigins. It is perhaps the best anti-creationism site. You would be hard pressed to find a creationist argument that is not thoroughly debunked by them. And they have references to the original peer reviewed science that their responses are based upon.
Peer review is a very powerful scientific tool that creationists avoid like the plague. The reason that they do so is that they know they are wrong.
HA HA!!!!

A link to a Christian site is a no-no, but a link to an anti-creationist site is suddenly scientifically accurate?! Dude, you're such a hypocrite.

But hey, it's your first link so I'll play along.

In it, the author writes "Although often used in creationist literature, I have been unable to determine the origin of the term -- it is not a standard geological term."

Which is bullshit. Here, your favorite:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fos...

Everett, WA

#101951 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace
Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
You lose.
Nope idiot, I won. And I clearly did not lie. Were any of those verses quotes of Jesus? I said they weren't. If I did not read them then it seems you are claiming that Jesus did make those statements. That does not seem to be the case to me.

At best they are excuses by early Christian apologists. And everyone knows that all Christian apologists are full of shyte.

St. Croix valley

#101952 Oct 20, 2013
or...perhaps that os not a possibility for you, in which case you should keep letting your cult lead your life for you...kind of like help for the mentality challenged...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#101953 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am predictable because creatards are predictable. They never use valid scientific sites to support their arguments.
TalkOrigins is not a scientific site, it's an atheist site.

Derp.

St. Croix valley

#101954 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it is? Where is your evidence? Just because life is here does not mean it is out there somewhere else. By that logic I can say there are plains, trains and automobiles out there somewhere else to because they are here on earth. LOL
it is proof of life in our universe.

where is your proof of any god anywhere in this universe. any god. or gods, or goddesses? not a shred? not even a hint of a shred? really? why is that do you think?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#101955 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You lose.
Subduction Zone wrote:
And yet none of those verses clearly states that we are exempt from Old Testament laws, nor were they said by Jesus. That is a double fail on your part.
OMG dude, you still didn't read it. This nonsense that you and woody are playing is getting pretty fucking boring.

Here , read it again:

Then tell me "none of those verses clearly states that we are exempt from Old Testament laws".

Everett, WA

#101956 Oct 20, 2013
RR, real scientific evidence comes from articles that went under real peer review.

There is a reason that peer review is a must in science. Many scientists are biased too. They will most likely be biased in favor of their own beliefs. Peer review keeps them honest. Creation "scientists" hate real peer review because the flaws in the articles they write are quickly found and the articles are then rejected. So some of them have made fake peer review publications. Of course all articles from these sites are a joke to say the least. They are all quickly debunked and never are used by any scientists at all.

Everett, WA

#101957 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!!!
A link to a Christian site is a no-no, but a link to an anti-creationist site is suddenly scientifically accurate?! Dude, you're such a hypocrite.
But hey, it's your first link so I'll play along.
In it, the author writes "Although often used in creationist literature, I have been unable to determine the origin of the term -- it is not a standard geological term."
Which is bullshit. Here, your favorite:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fos...
Wrong fool. Links to lying, nonscientific sites are not valid.

I already debunked that by linking an article that you did not read. The claims of creatards are vastly overblown and incorrect. If you want to go over the details of it I will be more than happy to do so.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#101958 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

What talking snake?
davy wrote:
The one in the bible. I assumed that you had read it.
Genesis 3:1
New International Version
The Fall
3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman,“Did God really say,‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2 The woman said to the serpent,“We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say,‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Ya, I've read that about the Serpent.

You said talking snake. What snake?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101959 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is proof of life in our universe.
where is your proof of any god anywhere in this universe. any god. or gods, or goddesses? not a shred? not even a hint of a shred? really? why is that do you think?
OK simpleton. We have life on earth. Here is your chance to shine. Name me another place in our universe that has/supports life? This should be easy for you.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101960 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong fool. Links to lying, nonscientific sites are not valid.
So is WIKI a scientific site?

Everett, WA

#101961 Oct 20, 2013
RR, when it comes to debunking creationism my favorite site is Talk Origins, not Wikipedia. Wikipedia is a useful site. But since you brought up Wikipedia I found the actual Wiki article on Polystrate fossils, it debunks your claim too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#101962 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope idiot, I won. And I clearly did not lie. Were any of those verses quotes of Jesus? I said they weren't. If I did not read them then it seems you are claiming that Jesus did make those statements. That does not seem to be the case to me.
At best they are excuses by early Christian apologists. And everyone knows that all Christian apologists are full of shyte.
Oh sure, a and lying atheists are morally perfect....

Get a life, dude. You're just another stubborn atheist that refuses to see what you don't want to see.

I've seen plenty of douchebags like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,406,232
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 219,779
Is it okay to threat a US president? 4 min Passerby 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min freebird 391,758
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min who cares 15,043
News The Republican Party is dead 9 min tina anne 2,318
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 12 min Brian_G 7,054
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 58 min kuda 27
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Frankendrumpf 233,680
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 hr Black Russian 5,757
More from around the web