Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199152 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101800 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Gullibility would be you believing that God has been proven false.
and yet i gave you the clear, verifiable facts that you were unable to counter that clearly show the 'god' your cult attempted to create cannot be real.

what part of that did you not understand? i can explain it to you again if you need me to...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101801 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick you keep saying "God" said this or that. Do you have evidence that God said those things?
Someone just claimed the bible is evidence of what god said.

Is it or isn't it?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101802 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And one last point, you cannot use the Bible to prove or disprove the existence of a God. You can use it to disprove the existence of the God of the Bible. If it is self contradicting that is very strong evidence that the God of the Bible does not exist.
And if the Bible was completely without error that would be very strong evidence that it is correct. Sadly for Christians we know that is very far from the truth.
What evidence to you have from the bible that God does not exist besides the hearsay of man? Oh that's right. That is all you have.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101803 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you worship a false idol. you worship a 'god' that your own bible proves does not exist.
*ugh*

Your have to say at about 50,000 more times before I believe it. No, no, no, don't bother with any evidence....

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101804 Oct 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I said, can you?
You should compare apples with apples, not apples with elephants
No one can, except the creator. That is where science, got its limits or boundaries.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101805 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual apprehension is not the same thing as being gullible.
But I'm sure you already knew that.
You won't admit it though, it will destroy your bible bashing beliefs.
Oooh! A new made up term.

So what is "spiritual apprehension"?

And where have I bashed the Bible? Pointing out that the Bible is full of errors is not bashing it. The prejudice of your Bible worshiping is becoming evident again. Someone who believed in God, even with all of the Bible's flaws would not be afraid to admit that his holy book had errors in it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101806 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet that does not negate the fact that the 'god' the bible attempts to create is proven to not exist by the bible itself...
So by your logic, hearsay of others is qualified as evidence. That is interesting.

Everett, WA

#101807 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
"Without evidence of the existence of something the logical belief is that it does not exist." Is that why we are still looking for ET, because after years and years of studies and tests, years and years of space exploration, with no evidence what so ever, we still believe ET is still out there somewhere? LOL
We do have evidence that supports the existence of extra terrestrial life. But then, you never were to bright, were you?

Location hidden

#101808 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians worship three things twisted into one god , and have a fourth god to revile.
God is one. Trinity!

Lakeland, FL

#101809 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I just to take your word for it??
You're gonna make this claim, provide some evidence to back it up.
Primarily, provide evidence that "the
Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed".
Go.
Besides you evident unfamiliarity with science, have you ever heard of Google or Wikipedia? Who does your high school projects for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_system#For...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101810 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet i gave you the clear, verifiable facts that you were unable to counter that clearly show the 'god' your cult attempted to create cannot be real.
what part of that did you not understand? i can explain it to you again if you need me to...
Again you have not gavin facts. You have used the bible as evidence, which you say can't be used as evidence. You base your facts on hearsay. Lets give you a chance though. List the facts that you say God has said and proves him a myth.

Lakeland, FL

#101811 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, am I to take your word on that? Again with the no evidence??
Why not? You done that with the bible.

Everett, WA

#101812 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that's not thinking logically, athitard.
You were talking about a certain Bible verse and I asked you to supply that verse you're talking about. In ignorant retaliation, you claimed that I didn't even know perverse and your athitard pal jumped right on board with your ignorant lie.
No that's disgusting.
I supplied the verse that supported my claim.

Yet the Bible believing idiot cannot find a single verse to support his moronic claims.

Sorry, no more verse for you until you show that you even understand even one jot or tittle of the book that you worship.

Lakeland, FL

#101813 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard or read that one. You have a link to that?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Everett, WA

#101814 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence to you have from the bible that God does not exist besides the hearsay of man? Oh that's right. That is all you have.
No, we have the countless self contradictions of the Bible itself. Here is a link to only a few of them:

http://bibviz.com/

Location hidden

#101815 Oct 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced? so you are blaming your god for your tantrums?
Yet you IGNORE the babble and cling to your delusional belief.
<quoted text>
Actually they were the FACTS, gleaned from the christian babble that christians are supposed to abide by and that you most obviously know nothing about.
<quoted text>
Yes that’s what I said and you called me an idiot and had a tantrum, now you agree that the babble mentions several gods and goddesses, go figure
And you see no problem in living with such confusion?
Yes, the bible mentioned many gods and goddesses, but specifically warned against serving those gods. Do you normally think with your brains closed?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101816 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have evidence that supports the existence of extra terrestrial life. But then, you never were to bright, were you?
Lets see it. That should be an easy task for you to do. So you believe in ET and UFO's but not a God. Hilarious!

Everett, WA

#101817 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides you evident unfamiliarity with science, have you ever heard of Google or Wikipedia? Who does your high school projects for you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_system#For...
RR claims that he is "edumacated" he has not provided any evidence of that. But then he has not provided evidence for any of his claims.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101818 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact still remain that water is only 0.2% of Earths mass, even if the surface were flat the water would be 2,686 metres deep.
That's 1.669 miles a mile and 5/8s.
Everest is 8,848 m that's 5.49789 miles.
So you see your flood is a physical impossibility.
You forget the water below china is displacing matter like a sponge. You cant squeeze a sponge out and expect it to be more water in a bowl. You could possibly have a local flood this way, but the sponge will soak the water back up.
The estimate of how much water is in the crust is a 'best guess' and not accurate by actual evidence. Here's some old info you seem to have missed. Your welcome :)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/...

Inner Earth May Hold More Water Than the Seas
By Ben Harder
for National Geographic News
March 7, 2002
Molten rocks deep in the earths interior may be surprisingly wet, Japanese researchers say. From lab experiments, they have concluded there may be more H2O deep underground than in all oceans, lakes, and rivers combined.

The scientists first heated "mineral cocktails" to a white-hot 1600 degrees Celsius (2900 degrees Fahrenheit) and squeezed them until the pressure reached more than three million pounds per square inch (200,000 kilograms per square centimeter). Then they cooked the samples for an hour.
The experiments replicated the environment and conditions deep in the Earth.

Based on what they witnessed in their lab, the researchers concluded that more water probably exists deep within the Earth than is present on Earth's surface—as much as five times more.

"Our results suggest that the lower mantle can potentially store considerable amounts of water," said Motohiko Murakami of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, where the experiments were conducted.

"The presence of water in the crystal structure of [deep-Earth] minerals would be expected to soften the minerals and change their flow behavior," he added. That, in turn, could affect how the innards of the planet mix and shift over time, and could indirectly affect conditions and forces near the surface, such as plate tectonics.

Wet Rocks

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101819 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
So far you have shown yourself to be the ignorant one fool.
What is your evidence that the O.T. laws do no apply to Christians?
That is an idiotic statement that Christian bigots often claim. What makes the Ten Commandments special?
You worship your Bible and you do not even know what it says. How weak is that?
I find it very strange that you seem to know me better than myself. For example, you claim that I don't know what the Bible says. That's very odd.

You ask what the Bible says about christians and the old laws. Why do you ask? You've proclaimed yourself to being the Bible expert here, you should know. I'll tell you anyway.

You have to understand that the issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin. Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations.

None of the Old Testament law is binding on us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law.(Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 1 min barefoot2626 140
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 1 min serfs up 17
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Bakker 2,939
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,394,367
News Trump hits 'hostile' media, 'rogue' Scarborough... 2 min Cat74 243
News Oklahoma Lawmaker Shares Article Arguing Islam ... 3 min woodtick57 67
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 min Retired SOF 367
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 8 min spocko 968
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 14 min davy 211
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 31 min Coffee Party 387,770