Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94067 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have a BS? Just saying, do your own research and stop buying into the MSM and you may be surprised.
Now you are making the classical mistake of manufacturing the desired conclusion you want .

Location hidden

#94068 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are confusing adaptation and evolution. Evolution has been debunked. Adaptation is very real. I would encourage you to read up on the two subjects.
Sorry but it appears you are living in your delusion,
as it it were real.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#94069 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have a BS? Just saying, do your own research and stop buying into the MSM and you may be surprised.
Why yes I do. From Ohio State Univ. And yes I have, also at the same university. You should do some research instead of buying into creationist propaganda. You may be surprised.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#94070 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a book on biological chemistry or Genetics.
Thank you. I have. And I follow the research all the time.

So I take it, you have no answer as to who has debunked evolution. Not a huge surprise.

Seffner, FL

#94071 Jun 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say it is debunked, he says it "already need debunked".
I'd wish him luck with that, but as has been noted for over 150 years, superstition has nothing to do with it.
Point taken. I sometimes have trouble processing pigeon English.

Since: Jun 13

Nashville, TN

#94072 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but it appears you are living in your delusion,
as it it were real.
I will try to keep this simple. One of many reasons evolution has been debunked: there is there is no genetic mechanism that creates new genes. But "ape to human evolution" relies on apes and humans having the ability to create new genes with new functions. It cannot happen kids.

Seffner, FL

#94073 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are confusing adaptation and evolution. Evolution has been debunked. Adaptation is very real. I would encourage you to read up on the two subjects.
"...has been debunked."

I think we've cleared that up.

And still no answer.

Franklin, KY

#94074 Jun 26, 2013
Sounds like many people do not understand the difference between evolution and adaptation. Evolution has been debunked. One of many reasons evolution has been debunked: there is there is no genetic mechanism that creates new genes. But "ape to human evolution" relies on apes and humans having the ability to create new genes with new functions.

Location hidden

#94075 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
I will try to keep this simple. One of many reasons evolution has been debunked: there is there is no genetic mechanism that creates new genes. But "ape to human evolution" relies on apes and humans having the ability to create new genes with new functions. It cannot happen kids.
Who told you this?
Genes or genetic makeup changes over time, it doesn't make new ones.
But it does make different ones. As far as new functions , genes all have the same function, nothing new about that.

Location hidden

#94076 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it doesn't make new ones, but truthfully it does make new ones but they are copied, so they're not new as in brand new,
but in fact new copies.

Seffner, FL

#94077 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
Sounds like many people do not understand the difference between evolution and adaptation. Evolution has been debunked. One of many reasons evolution has been debunked: there is there is no genetic mechanism that creates new genes. But "ape to human evolution" relies on apes and humans having the ability to create new genes with new functions.
I suppose you've never heard of gene duplication.

You keep saying it's been debunked but never provide any references or citations. Can you or are we to assume you're just blowing smoke?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94078 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are several different ways that mutations occur in DNA. By definition those are new genes.

And technically we are apes. We have been classified as apes long before Darwin's theory. In fact the person who first realized we were apes was Linnaeus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Linnaeus

Franklin, KY

#94079 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I said it doesn't make new ones, but truthfully it does make new ones but they are copied, so they're not new as in brand new,
but in fact new copies.
Agreed. No new genes can be created, as evolution requires.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#94080 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has been debunked...
I has, has it? Care to elaborate a bit more?

Franklin, KY

#94081 Jun 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. There are several different ways that mutations occur in DNA. By definition those are new genes.

And technically we are apes. We have been classified as apes long before Darwin's theory. In fact the person who first realized we were apes was Linnaeus.

Fyi: Wikipedia is a poor source. Iv wouldn't trust it enough to formulate my own opinions.

We are apes? interesting. I can see why people would buy into the MSM on this issue. Something for you to think about: The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the Chimpanzee Y chromosome. Humans have at least 78 genes and Chimpanzees have only 37. The Y chromosomes of Chimpanzees and humans are radically different in the arrangement of their genes. What more need I say? Or should I continue?

(See 2010, Nature published a scientific paper entitled "Chimpanzee and human Y chromosomes are remarkably divergent in structure and gene content." Nature, by the way, is the most respected peer reviewed scientific journal for evolutionary genetics.)

Location hidden

#94082 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. No new genes can be created, as evolution requires.
As I said it makes copies , but the copies differ slightly.
So they change over time, this is how they can become completely different. This is also very old news and evolution is a fact.
Species change and evolution is real, quit whining about it.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#94083 Jun 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you've never heard of gene duplication.
You keep saying it's been debunked but never provide any references or citations. Can you or are we to assume you're just blowing smoke?
Gene duplication... Such as Down's syndrome?
Gene duplication does not result in any novel traits.
No references or citations are needed to debunk evolution.
I have personally debunked evolution on this forum repeatedly.
My unanswered challenges are only met with derision against religion.
Falsification of a theory does not require formal concessions by those who are religiously committed to it.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#94084 Jun 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are several different ways that mutations occur in DNA. By definition those are new genes.
The blind parroting of evo-dogma is pointless, SZ.
Simply stating that "we are apes" doesn't make it so.
You should speak for yourself.
I know that your religion requires you to desperately want to be related to apes, but that is your problem.
Before you make such asinine statements, perhaps you should define "ape" and then I will immediately humiliate you.

Franklin, KY

#94085 Jun 26, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Gene duplication... Such as Down's syndrome?
Gene duplication does not result in any novel traits.
No references or citations are needed to debunk evolution.
I have personally debunked evolution on this forum repeatedly.
My unanswered challenges are only met with derision against religion.
Falsification of a theory does not require formal concessions by those who are religiously committed to it.
Sad but true. Evolution has become a cult.

Location hidden

#94086 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Fyi: Wikipedia is a poor source. Iv wouldn't trust it enough to formulate my own opinions.
We are apes? interesting. I can see why people would buy into the MSM on this issue. Something for you to think about: The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the Chimpanzee Y chromosome. Humans have at least 78 genes and Chimpanzees have only 37. The Y chromosomes of Chimpanzees and humans are radically different in the arrangement of their genes. What more need I say? Or should I continue?
(See 2010, Nature published a scientific paper entitled "Chimpanzee and human Y chromosomes are remarkably divergent in structure and gene content." Nature, by the way, is the most respected peer reviewed scientific journal for evolutionary genetics.)

Now trolly define the key word here.

"divergent"

Note it say's remarkably divergent.

1. Drawing apart from a common point; diverging.
5. Biology The evolutionary tendency or process by which animals or plants that are descended from a common ancestor evolve into different forms when living under different conditions.

Genetic divergence

Genetic divergence is the process in which two or more populations of an ancestral species accumulate independent genetic changes (mutations) through time, often after the populations have become reproductively isolated for some period of time. In some cases, subpopulations living in ecologically distinct peripheral environments can exhibit genetic divergence from the remainder of a population, especially where the range of a population is very large (see parapatric speciation). The genetic differences among divergent populations can involve silent mutations (that have no effect on the phenotype) or give rise to significant morphological and/or physiological changes.

Genetic divergence will always accompany reproductive isolation, either due to novel adaptations via selection and/or due to genetic drift, and is the principal mechanism underlying speciation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_divergen...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violatin... 9 min Captain Yesterday 88
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Liberal Retardation 1,115,495
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min positronium 265,719
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 min Captain Yesterday 32,798
Rand Paul Blasts Obama on Civil Liberties (Mar '14) 14 min Cat74 251
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Le Duped 155,500
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 17 min spocko 683
Democrats flood inboxes for last-minute campaig... 32 min Le Duped 24
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 68

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE