Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171619 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86252 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right you guys need Billions and billions for your myths to have a chance.
no. the one proven planet to have life is enough.

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical god didn't create life on any of them...
surferbrah

Surry Hills, Australia

#86253 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I used to believe in evolution but not anymore. All my life I lived around evolutionists and atheists, including my family. Most of my family is in the medical/business field and we consider ourselves smart. I always thought of myself as superior to everyone that believed in a god and looked at them as fools.
Well just a few years back I started to change my views towards how I believe life started. What got me thinking is what caused the so called "big bang." Who or what made all the universe, galaxies and millions of planets? Did dinosaurs just magically get evolved? Just looking up at the sky at night is enough for me to realize that someone had to make all of this, it couldn't just magically start evolving from magic fairy dust.
So yes i believe a superior being made all these things, known as GOD.
P.S: Pardon my english, its my third language.
I have always believed in evolution and this actually got me thinking.:O

St. Croix valley

#86254 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I used to believe in evolution but not anymore. All my life I lived around evolutionists and atheists, including my family. Most of my family is in the medical/business field and we consider ourselves smart. I always thought of myself as superior to everyone that believed in a god and looked at them as fools.
Well just a few years back I started to change my views towards how I believe life started. What got me thinking is what caused the so called "big bang." Who or what made all the universe, galaxies and millions of planets? Did dinosaurs just magically get evolved? Just looking up at the sky at night is enough for me to realize that someone had to make all of this, it couldn't just magically start evolving from magic fairy dust.
and the bullshit meter goes off the scale. most people aren't as stupid or as gullible as you are...
mrroundtree

San Jose, CA

#86255 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. the one proven planet to have life is enough.
it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical god didn't create life on any of them...

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical magic fairy dust didn't create life on any of them...
Crazybilly

Anonymous Proxy

#86256 Apr 14, 2013
mrroundtree wrote:
<quoted text>

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical magic fairy dust didn't create life on any of them...
Funny rebuttal towards woodtick57.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86257 Apr 14, 2013
mrroundtree wrote:
<quoted text>
Good hit!
RLOL

St. Croix valley

#86258 Apr 14, 2013
Crazybilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny rebuttal towards woodtick57.
possibly, humor is int eh eye of the beholder. it was inaccurate, that is a fact.
KJV

United States

#86259 Apr 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>actually you're wrong

We have never landed a probe on Venus or Jupiter.
the asteroid capsule crashed on Earth re-entry and was contaminated.

as for Mars....we'll see what come up in the next few years....

we never expected to see life on the Moon....

but more to the point, I do believe he was talking about manned missions
"actually you're wrong"

Look again.

"The Galileo spacecraft is the only one to have actually entered an orbit around Jupiter, arriving in 1995 and studying the planet until 2003. During this period Galileo gathered a large amount of information about the Jovian system, making close approaches to all of the four giant Galilean moons and finding evidence for thin atmospheres on three of them, as well as the possibility of liquid water beneath their surfaces. It also discovered a magnetic field around Ganymede. As it approached Jupiter, it also witnessed the impact of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9. In December 1995, it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere, so far the only craft to do so."

"it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere"

"You Tube
NASA PROBE PENETRATES CLOUDS OF JUPITER FOLLOWING METEOR
Byguy lombardoJul 8, 2009
2 likes, 5 dislikes
shortly after probe penetrates clouds it sends back a final image of light then ....nothing!"

"The Venera (Cyrillic:Вене series probes were developed by the Soviet Union between 1961 and 1984 to gather data from Venus, Venera being the Russian name for Venus. As with some of the Soviet Union's other planetary probes, the later versions were launched in pairs with a second vehicle being launched soon after the first of the pair.

Ten probes from the Venera series successfully landed on Venus and transmitted data from the surface, including the two Vega program and Venera-Halley probes. In addition, thirteen Venera probes successfully transmitted data from the atmosphere of Venus."

St. Croix valley

#86260 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"actually you're wrong"
Look again.
"The Galileo spacecraft is the only one to have actually entered an orbit around Jupiter, arriving in 1995 and studying the planet until 2003. During this period Galileo gathered a large amount of information about the Jovian system, making close approaches to all of the four giant Galilean moons and finding evidence for thin atmospheres on three of them, as well as the possibility of liquid water beneath their surfaces. It also discovered a magnetic field around Ganymede. As it approached Jupiter, it also witnessed the impact of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9. In December 1995, it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere, so far the only craft to do so."
"it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere"
"You Tube
NASA PROBE PENETRATES CLOUDS OF JUPITER FOLLOWING METEOR
Byguy lombardoJul 8, 2009
2 likes, 5 dislikes
shortly after probe penetrates clouds it sends back a final image of light then ....nothing!"
"The Venera (Cyrillic:Вене series probes were developed by the Soviet Union between 1961 and 1984 to gather data from Venus, Venera being the Russian name for Venus. As with some of the Soviet Union's other planetary probes, the later versions were launched in pairs with a second vehicle being launched soon after the first of the pair.
Ten probes from the Venera series successfully landed on Venus and transmitted data from the surface, including the two Vega program and Venera-Halley probes. In addition, thirteen Venera probes successfully transmitted data from the atmosphere of Venus."
yes, we have sent probes to the surface of several planets and moons. none of them were really set up to look for life. unless the life came and knocked on the camera lens, they would not have discovered any sign of it.
catlover

Los Angeles, CA

#86261 Apr 14, 2013
this tread is amusing to read, especially when evolutionists don't know what to say and bring out the "you're stupid" card.:)

Will bookmark and come back.
kittylover

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#86262 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I was reading through the thread and saw this post. dont know if ur still reading the comments but i wanted to share that I too have had a similar situation. Both my parents are hardcore atheists and evolutionists and practically disowned me once I told them I now believe in god. They no longer talk to me and look down on me because of this. I now moved to a different country and living the time of my life. I may not have my parents but atleast I have tons of friends so it doesn't hurt as much. Ur not alone my friend!

St. Croix valley

#86263 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
I was reading through the thread and saw this post. dont know if ur still reading the comments but i wanted to share that I too have had a similar situation. Both my parents are hardcore atheists and evolutionists and practically disowned me once I told them I now believe in god. They no longer talk to me and look down on me because of this. I now moved to a different country and living the time of my life. I may not have my parents but atleast I have tons of friends so it doesn't hurt as much. Ur not alone my friend!
amazing how the bullshit meter is getting so many hits so quickly!

most people are not nearly as stupid or gullible as you...
kittylover

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#86264 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>amazing how the bullshit meter is getting so many hits so quickly!
most people are not nearly as stupid or gullible as you...
how rude and disrespectful.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86265 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right you guys need Billions and billions for your myths to have a chance.
No, one is enough.

And you seem to not know the definition of the word "myth". It definitely does not mean well supported and tested scientific theory, which is what evolution is.

Everett, WA

#86266 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true I am sorry that your parents treated you that way.

Education is the answer to foolishness, not shunning. Evolution is an obvious fact to those with an education. Without one any belief can be justified.
kittylover

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#86267 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true I am sorry that your parents treated you that way.
Education is the answer to foolishness, not shunning. Evolution is an obvious fact to those with an education. Without one any belief can be justified.
Thank you for your kind words. I also respect all peoples beliefs including evolutionists as yourself.

However I disagree that people with an education know evolution is a fact. Theres plenty of people with a good education that don't believe in evolution. Just my 2 cents. <3

St. Croix valley

#86268 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86269 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
Only their kind( LIARS) are accepted and welcomed here.
Buddy, thanks for saying the truth.

Everett, WA

#86270 Apr 14, 2013
kittylover wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words. I also respect all peoples beliefs including evolutionists as yourself.
However I disagree that people with an education know evolution is a fact. Theres plenty of people with a good education that don't believe in evolution. Just my 2 cents. <3
There are very very few people with an education who do not believe in evolution. And none of them can refute the claim that evolution is a fact.

There are many people who claim to be educated, but their words quickly show that they do not understand the theory that they disagree with.

Everett, WA

#86271 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Only their kind( LIARS) are accepted and welcomed here.
Buddy, thanks for saying the truth.
Of course, Chuckles is wrong here. The only side that lies all of the time in debates are creationists. Professional debaters like Kent Hovind know that without lies they have nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Le Jimbo 189,815
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,262,560
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Mark 52,056
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Quirky 336,310
News Clinton's Email Scandal Could Turn Criminal 5 min Le Jimbo 125
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 8 min Wondering 443
News Cuba tones down anti-U.S. rhetoric on revolutio... 8 min Margo 19
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 595
More from around the web