Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,955)

Showing posts 79,081 - 79,100 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You have failed to answer the posit that the human species was indeed separated for many thousands of years geologically on a global scale, yet is "still" capable of interbreeding...unlike your "circle species" would suggest happening.
You are making excuses for errant prediction now.
it's not a 'posit' we know it did happen.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Correction: You don't even know what a species is and neither does the theory of evolution when it comes to the origin of species.

You can't go by appearence alone and classify different species.

EXAMPLE: The grizzly bear and the polar bear is deemed as a different species, while they are able to produce fertile off-spring of both sexes called the polar-grizzly bear hybrid.

Look up the Genus species for the polar and grizzly bear and you will see they are classified as different species.

You see the equivocation problem with your species terrm?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know what you did wrong?
Reread the post you were responding to you clearly misunderstood it.
In fact you double fail.
You do not understand ring species and you did not understand woodtick's post.
Let's deal with ring species.
Some creatards try to define "kind" by the ability to breed. If a species is a "kind" they all should be able to breed with each other. This seems to be I.F's claim. Ring species shows that not to be the case.
I haven't "missed" anything.
Show how this is actuality concerning human evolution...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's not a 'posit' we know it did happen.
Then it should be quite easy to show and give example.

Where is it?
Where is the undeniable proof of the genetic progression of the human chromosome and the following physical evidence that verifies that posit?
When that is presented--THEN we will"know"...and only then.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Who died off? And where are their remains?
Can you prove that their DNA were unable to reproduce?
You are grasping at straws...making statements with absolutely no evidence to back them up...just like a religionist
the neandetals. and yes, we have the remains of several of them.

yes, it can be proven. most humans have neandertal DNA in them. most likely you do.

epic fai.....

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Who died off? And where are their remains?
Right here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_ev...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Can you prove that their DNA were unable to reproduce?
Of course not. They don't exist anymore and it's tough to get DNA from fossils unless they are fairly recent.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You are grasping at straws...making statements with absolutely no evidence to back them up...just like a religionist
No evidence? You might not like the evidence but it's silly to claim there is none. There is.

So what's your problem, BT?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
<quoted text>
Of course not. They don't exist anymore and it's tough to get DNA from fossils unless they are fairly recent.
<quoted text>
No evidence? You might not like the evidence but it's silly to claim there is none. There is.
We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Right here:

Black Thunder 42 wrote, "Can you prove that their DNA were unable to reproduce?"

Black Thunder 42 wrote, "You are grasping at straws...making statements with absolutely no evidence to back them up...just like a religionist"

"In "Jurassic Park," scientists extract 80-million-year-old dino DNA from the bellies of mosquitoes trapped in amber. Researchers may never be able to extract genetic material that old and bring a T. rex back to life, but a new study suggests DNA can survive in fossils longer than previously believed.

The oldest DNA samples ever recovered are from insects and plants in ice cores in Greenland up to 800,000 years old. But researchers had not been able to determine the oldest possible DNA they could get from the fossil record because DNA's rate of decay had remained a mystery.

Now scientists in Australia report they've been able to estimate this rate based on a comparison of DNA from 158 fossilized leg bones from three species of the moa, an extinct group of flightless birds that once lived in New Zealand. The bones date between 600 and 8,000 years old and importantly all come from the same "

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What do you think about this if it was true?

Ten years after the Arizona UFO incident known as the "Phoenix Lights," former Arizona Republican Governor Fife Symington, III, now says that he himself was a witness to one of the strange unidentified flying objects, even though he originally did not say so publicly.

"It was enormous and inexplicable," he said in an exclusive interview from his home in Phoenix. "Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too."

On March 13, 1997, during Symington's second term as Governor, thousands saw multiple triangular and V-shaped craft, gliding slowly and silently across the sky for half an hour beginning at approximately 8:15 pm. Awestruck witnesses, throughout the state, estimated that the eerie, lighted vehicles were bigger than many football fields, up to a mile long."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Here is the source Mike to the article I posted to you: http://rense.com/general75/dife.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

"the dude" would like this article.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the neandetals. and yes, we have the remains of several of them.
yes, it can be proven. most humans have neandertal DNA in them. most likely you do.
epic fai.....
Well, by all means show me a paper that addresses that.
1 post removed

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.
Yep. Though, again, those fossils were fairly recent.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about this if it was true?
Ten years after the Arizona UFO incident known as the "Phoenix Lights," former Arizona Republican Governor Fife Symington, III, now says that he himself was a witness to one of the strange unidentified flying objects, even though he originally did not say so publicly.
"It was enormous and inexplicable," he said in an exclusive interview from his home in Phoenix. "Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too."
On March 13, 1997, during Symington's second term as Governor, thousands saw multiple triangular and V-shaped craft, gliding slowly and silently across the sky for half an hour beginning at approximately 8:15 pm. Awestruck witnesses, throughout the state, estimated that the eerie, lighted vehicles were bigger than many football fields, up to a mile long."
My mom and her friends saw it also.

they were not aliens UFOs...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your failure to produce any proof...wiki is not proof of anything...scientific papers are even question until repeat experiment is shown to verify.
It's not tough anymore...science is rapidly improving in technique.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"In "Jurassic Park," scientists extract 80-million-year-old dino DNA from the bellies of mosquitoes trapped in amber. Researchers may never be able to extract genetic material that old and bring a T. rex back to life, but a new study suggests DNA can survive in fossils longer than previously believed.
The oldest DNA samples ever recovered are from insects and plants in ice cores in Greenland up to 800,000 years old. But researchers had not been able to determine the oldest possible DNA they could get from the fossil record because DNA's rate of decay had remained a mystery.
Now scientists in Australia report they've been able to estimate this rate based on a comparison of DNA from 158 fossilized leg bones from three species of the moa, an extinct group of flightless birds that once lived in New Zealand. The bones date between 600 and 8,000 years old and importantly all come from the same "
Yeah, the 521 years half-life story. That's been a topic of discussion here. Seems that it's a little controversial. Even the researcher themselves admitted that there could still be a great deal of variation in the so called half-life.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
Here is the source Mike to the article I posted to you: http://rense.com/general75/dife.htm
Actually, I saw one of those as well over 20 years ago in Pennsylvania. Not all that dramatic. No weird light. No non-ballistic motion. But no noise that I could detect. Pretty weird.

I do know the military were tinkering with advanced lighter than air ships. It looked something like the one at the bottom of the page:
http://www.thestealthblimp.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom and her friends saw it also.
they were not aliens UFOs...
How did this ufo origins came to be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.
Oh joy...and there is evidence of homo erectus having lived with neandertal in southeastern Europe over 500,000 yrs ago. Yes, we have bones dated to prove it. Your history changes like socks and underwear. Therefore can not be taken as conclusive or positive actuality.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Your failure to produce any proof...wiki is not proof of anything...
You asked who died and where were their remains. I answered you. As I suspected, nothing that can be offered to you will be good enough. Seems a waste of time, eh?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
scientific papers are even question until repeat experiment is shown to verify.
It's not tough anymore...science is rapidly improving in technique.
I agree. It is improving.

So I ask you again, what is your problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,081 - 79,100 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••