Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173475 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Mark

United States

#82093 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, unlike religion, science offers real answers, and real answers cannot be learned by "brief" explanations. You have a few decades of studying worth to do before you will have seen half the information for any scientific theory.
Thank you
a_friend

Reading, PA

#82094 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, unlike religion, science offers real answers, and real answers cannot be learned by "brief" explanations. You have a few decades of studying worth to do before you will have seen half the information for any scientific theory.
Wow! you sure have a way of twisting words around. You still havn't stated where your info. came from? Proof is important to back up your claims.
a_friend

Reading, PA

#82095 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
Wow! what is this, a 4th opposes me! I didn't think my comment was that important. Apparently it is! LOL

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#82096 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm..the Naochian flood was in the time of humans in the myth..

do try to keep up, dear...
There was no "the Naochian flood"
There was Noah's Flood.

And now you agree that there is evidence of a world wide flood you just need to tack on the typical few billion years.

Location hidden

#82097 Mar 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, it all needs to be underwater at the same time.

I can lay down in a wading pool and get wet all over by rolling around. At no time would I be completely covered in water.

And, to make it worse, if you want to claim one that involved people it has to be within the last million years. At no time in the last million years has the whole world been underwater. In fact at no time in the last billion years has the whole Earth been underwater.

In other words, at no time since when there has been land based animal life has the whole Earth been underwater.
"In other words, at no time since when there has been land based animal life has the whole Earth been underwater"

We have human eye witnesses that claim other wise. You have ...... Oh ya a few more billion years.

Location hidden

#82098 Mar 21, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>They tried to counter the idea with the impact of asteroids hitting the oceans, and throwing fish and such that are found fossilized hundreds of miles inland, but it didn't whole water...the evidence was to strong.

I think they have pretty well conceded the fact that the earth was indeed covered with water at one time.
But not the Topix fools.

Location hidden

#82099 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>proper aging of rocks is done all the time. hoaxes have been perpetuated by fundies who can't handle the truth that shows their cult to be a fraud.
Your science dated one end of a rock 500 million years older then the other end. No Christians involved just your gods.

Location hidden

#82100 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, never happened. prove fact. you were lied to by your cult....again.
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82101 Mar 21, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! you sure have a way of twisting words around. You still havn't stated where your info. came from? Proof is important to back up your claims.
What claim have I made?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82102 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.
Where is your evidence?

Location hidden

#82103 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, land gets flooded, but none were simultaneous on a global scale. None.
Funny I could have sworn that a world wide flood was described in the Bible.

Who to believe?

The Bible that has 2500 prophecies where 2000 have been fulfilled 100%
Or
KittenKoder who can barely get her name right.

I'll have to pounder this one.
a_friend

Reading, PA

#82104 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim have I made?
you have to go back a few pages. It involved the existance of the human race here on earth.

Location hidden

#82105 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>from a mental midget like you, i can imagine you have no idea what goes on in a rational person's mind.
We were not talking about a rational person or an intelligent person. We were talking about your mind. The mind of a woodtick.

Location hidden

#82106 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then what repopulated the planet with life in that short of time? Or do you believe in super-evolution?
You don't get it do you?

I can tell you this a hundred times a day from now until the Sun stops shinning and you still would not get it.

With God anything is possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82107 Mar 21, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to go back a few pages. It involved the existance of the human race here on earth.
Let's just say my memory sucks, and I'm lazy. Refresh it for me.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82108 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny I could have sworn that a world wide flood was described in the Bible.
Who to believe?
The Bible that has 2500 prophecies where 2000 have been fulfilled 100%
Or
KittenKoder who can barely get her name right.
I'll have to pounder this one.
Um, you think that something written "after the fact" is a prophecy? Wow, you are lost into your own delusion.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82109 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you?
I can tell you this a hundred times a day from now until the Sun stops shinning and you still would not get it.
So then you are claiming to know how your god did things. That's sort of ... arrogant, and insulting to your god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#82110 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you?
There has NEVER been any well attested example, event, occurrence, happening, appearance, or case of magik on the earth...at any time.

There is no supernatural. the supernatural and magik are folk tales and myth.

Grow up.

Mark

United States

#82111 Mar 21, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why, or even if Johansson or any other reputable scientists would want to be even SEEN in a fundie Christian church with a bunch of hack creationist liars piling on to him, doing the Gish Gallop at full speed.
I know that _I_ certainly would have better things than to give "you guys" an ounce of credibility by even acknowledging your existence, much less actually debating you.
<quoted text>
The DETAILS of the human evolutionary path (and ALL of evolution) change gradually as new knowledge becomes available. And with new technology and the Internet, knowledge is coming fast and furious now,
Welcome to the world of science. Must be a scary thing to fundamentalist Christians who absolutely depend on there being 3 or 4 simple truths they can hang unto for dear life in a fast-paced, "demon-infested" world.
But there is absolutely NO CONTROVERSY in science that evolution in general happened and continues to happen, and also that modern homo-sapiens evolved gradually out of earlier proto-human species.
And sorry, Bible-lovers, but everything in modern-day science points to the fact that there were never any two "first humans" whether named Adam and Eve or anything else -- nor could there have ever been, with one species population gradually evolving into the next one.
The DNA evidence alone demolishes this Bible myth.
What part of the multi-gigabit code, smaller than any manmade storage device, are you speaking of as evidence against "Bible Myth? DNA coding is very sophisticated and requires a lauguage convention. There are only read heads in a cell. If what is known about it today was known by Darwin, he would have never wrote Origin! A cell is the most complex micro-machine known. My word!

Using the cell as anti-creation evidence is a mighty poor place to start. Ever seen a blueprint of a cell? It uses a good part of a gym wall to map out. A machine does not blindly and mindlessly self-create. When one sees a 747 fly by it's easy to assume Boeing made it. At the same moment the evolutionist see's a bird fly by and says it has no creator, chance and time made it. Contradictory to me. You look at your computer and have no doubt that man made it, using eyes that are just as complex you say came about by self-directed mindlessness! That my friend is not sceintific at all. Such belief is faith based, so please don't judge or stereotype me for getting that biology is complex and uses cell structures that I beleive require intelligence. To instantly switch paradigms is your business not mine.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#82112 Mar 21, 2013

Reminds me of the bible "prophecies," and "prayer."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min HILLARY 2016 193,614
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 3 min TomInElPaso 216
News Trump, Carson in close fight in Iowa poll 7 min Le Jimbo 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques Ottawa 196,969
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,275,376
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 9 min -Stray Dog 47,790
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min cancer lost 12,567
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 35 min positronium 340,815
More from around the web