Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223358 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Babylon

United States

#78619 Mar 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Let that boy boogie-woogie!
Funny!

:)
Babylon

United States

#78620 Mar 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>That one was actually pretty funny. Most creo's aren't known for their sense of humour.
Indeed?

That's too bad.

“Cruisin' In Stereo”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78621 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Genesis:2...And the earth was without form...
Genesis:3... And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
So you have formless matter...then light which would would come from condensing of matter to form the stars or star(sun)...then the development of the planets or planet(earth).

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78622 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Genesis:2...And the earth was without form...
Genesis:3... And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
"the Moors Last Sigh" 2:1 "At the age of thirteen my mother Aurora de Gama took to wandering barefoot around her grandparents' large, odorous house on Cabral Island..."

is there a reason we are quoting fiction?(it is fun...)
Babylon

United States

#78623 Mar 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And it's possible for God to do it the other way round.

Or with chickens. For... no reason whatsoever.

:-/

Thus, "God" is a non-scientific concept.
He could have, but didn't.

Well if he was "God is a non-scientific concept." then you could not teach science in school.

Pretty good idea for science to stay away from God, look at all the funding they would lose if they did include God!

So for now they will just have to play with his creations.
Babylon

United States

#78624 Mar 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I base it on James Brown, B.B. King and Ry Cooder. And Fish.
Not Fish from Barney Miller?
Babylon

United States

#78625 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually no, it is not really gas.
One day you might pull your head out long enough to get the joke.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#78626 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
"ignorant Bronze-age shepards"
"The Bronze Age primarily took place between 3500 BC and 1200 BC, and is traditionally divided into the Early Bronze Age (c.3500-2000 BC), Middle Bronze Age (c.2000-1600 BC), and Late Bronze Age (c.1600-1200 BC). with progressively more sophisticated metallurgy which culminates in the discovery of ironworking.
The Bronze Age began 5,500 years ago in the present-day areas of Turkey, Iran, and Iraq, which was also the cradle of human civilization. By this time permanent settlements were already a few thousands years old, but it took time for these early people to discover the potential of metallic ores. The birthplace of metallurgy is usually taken to be Anatolia, Turkey. The Indian Bronze Age began in 3300 BC with the Indus Valley civilization. In China and southeast Asia, the Bronze Age began around 2100 BC. Throughout Europe the Bronze Age began between 2100 BC and 2000 BC or so, with sophisticated Bronze Age civilizations rising throughout the 2nd millennium BC."
Yes.

I agree with everything you cut/pasted.

Which is why I phrased my post the way I did, saying the Bronze-age shepards were **RELATIVELY** and **IGNORANT** peoples (hint: I didn't say they were "stupid" or "retarded").

If you were to look up the definitions of the two words I DID use, then you would know that there was no demeaning of the Bronze-age peoples implied.

They were as intelligent and as curious as modern man. They simply didn't have our advantage of several thousands of years of scientific investigation and technology.
Babylon

United States

#78627 Mar 4, 2013

“Cruisin' In Stereo”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78628 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have formless matter...then light which would would come from condensing of matter to form the stars or star(sun)...then the development of the planets or planet(earth).
So according to the bible,the sun(a star)existed before the development of the earth(a planet)which I believe,is pretty much true to astronomy.
Babylon

United States

#78629 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>most likely some myths that include many, many proven lies and falsehoods.

do you believe every myth on the planet? why not, they are as credible as your story of the 'soul'...(actually more so, at least i have gotten candy from the Easter Bunny..)
"woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one shred of evidence that any soul or spirit exists. on what do you base this belief of yours?"

You don't have a clue? How long have you been battling the bible and today you don't have a clue as to where one would base their belief on the existence of there soul.

Are you that dumb?
Or do you believe we are that dumb to buy into your crap?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#78630 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>some music has soul, yes. humans do not.
who is Fish?
Forget Fish.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#78631 Mar 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything, I'm suggesting that people are inherently bad. It just so happens that they behave better when they remember bad times, which religions often create, so it's a bit hard to separate the two.
If that was true then civilization would never have succeeded at all. It would have destroyed itself and we'd still be hunting in Africa with dwindling numbers instead of becoming the superior species. The traits called "conscience" and "empathy" are common to the most successful species on this planet. Even simply caring for our young is "good," by any standard. The majority of humans are willing to even risk their own lives for each other, that is evident in the number of volunteer soldiers and emergency response teams. If there was no "good" in humans, we'd not have medicine at all.

The Borderland of Sol

#78632 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>"the Moors Last Sigh" 2:1 "At the age of thirteen my mother Aurora de Gama took to wandering barefoot around her grandparents' large, odorous house on Cabral Island..."
is there a reason we are quoting fiction?(it is fun...)
Rushdie fan, eh?

Hehehe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#78633 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one shred of evidence that any soul or spirit exists. on what do you base this belief of yours?"
You don't have a clue? How long have you been battling the bible and today you don't have a clue as to where one would base their belief on the existence of there soul.
Are you that dumb?
Well, considering that no religious texts have been demonstrated any more accurate than a Superman comic, the question is valid. You have zero evidence of a soul, so why do you believe in one? My guess is wishful thinking, you fear discovering that you are wrong, so you just wish for a soul, even if such a thing doesn't exist.

St. Croix valley

#78634 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the planets would be forming at the same time as the protosun is gaining mass. they could be pretty well formed before the sun ignites, as the solar wind would blow much of the lighter elements out of the planetary accretion disk.

The Borderland of Sol

#78635 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Fish from Barney Miller?
No, that was Abe Vigoda.

And despite everyone's expectations every year, he ain't dead yet.

YAY, ABE!

St. Croix valley

#78636 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Forget Fish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rOyj4ciJk34XX
More of a classical and classic rock fan...

actually, i'd take Phish over Fish.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#78637 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to the bible,the sun(a star)existed before the development of the earth(a planet)which I believe,is pretty much true to astronomy.
No.....

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars
Day 5: "every living creature that moveth"
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)

Note that on Day 3, God was to have created plants. Where did God place them? Floating in space?

Day 4 was Sun/Moon/Stars.

Of course this was Genesis ONE. Genesis TWO has a completely different order of Creation.

St. Croix valley

#78638 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodtick57 wrote:
Are you that dumb?
Oh, I know where you got the cult teachings, i clearly asked why you believe it when it comes with all the other proven lies and has less credibility than the Easter bunny story...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,762,558
News Kirsten Gillibrand: New abortion restriction sh... 4 min Choicerocks 26
News Russian Twitter trolls stoked racial tension in... 4 min spud 27
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 4 min Squach 154
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Julia 81,126
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Susanm 341,456
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min GRINGO S 64,695
News President Donald Trump has demanded answers abo... 1 hr freelancehobo 376