Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,881 - 73,900 of 112,828 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78378
Mar 3, 2013
 
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Can menopausal women reproduce?
Reproduction or giving births among women tends to decline as their ages increases, do some research on reproduction.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78379
Mar 3, 2013
 
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you define an individual's worth based solely on their ability to reproduce?
Homosexuals or same sex couples can not reproduce. Period.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78380
Mar 3, 2013
 
I have 3 attacks Christian creation, my attack divided into three categories; scientific empirical things that creation cannot take into account for, philosophical nonempirical issues that are raised by Christian creation and hybrids empirical data that raises nonempirical issues (I know it may not be very clear but it should be a bit clearer after I have gotten into some examples).

Scientific
The nerve going from the brain to the voice box goes past the heart to get the voice box which is strange because the distance between the two is very small at least a few inches and humans and a few feet in giraffes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrentlarynge... . This is important as God knows how much “wiring” it needs so why the waste? It just adds to be likelihood of problems occurring like cancer spreading into the nerve this is not the sort of thing one should expect from God.

Philosophical
How did things go wrong in the Garden of Eden the first place? Surely if God is perfect then one would expect nothing but perfection in what it creates, or at least follow its idea of perfection and God considers doubt and temptation to disobey a bad thing so why did the temptation exist?

Hybrid Neanderthal burial grounds, Neanderthals were a different species than modern man but more importantly the way the burial grounds were set out in its religious like way showing the universe wasn't just for us because there were other sentient creatures. http://news.discovery.com/history/neanderthal... round-afterlife-11 0420.html Of course that assumes God is good and if it were not so ethical and really did make universe with us in mind then that would mean he would have created two sentient species just to destroy one them, let's not even go into the size of the universe the immensity of it shows how silly it is to say it was made for us this does the job brilliantly better even, besides we have to make up for lost time that should in an ideal world have been spent mourning the loss of our fellow travellers, trying to find out what the like and how they ended.

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78381
Mar 3, 2013
 
xxxoxxx, I realize that Christianity SAYS to love your enemies,
and I agree.
However, two thousand years of history shows us that Christianity is ineffective in realizing that goal.
It seems to me that a religious which was really founded by an all-powerful and all-loving god would do better than that?

What would you say about a violin teacher who said, "Play perfectly in tune, precisely on the beat, and with a clear and beautiful tone quality," but did nothing to help his students realize that goal?
Would you say he was a great violin teacher?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78382
Mar 3, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody's a little judgeit happy.
Did you even read it?
I really wonder why. A sustained waste of effort.
But i wanted to check something, as to what quantum-effects you see in the macroworld, because i'm convinced now that i see then everywhere, where life is,thus also i oaktrees and humans, as in what they have in common.
I ones started out with handedness and UV light, photon entangement, via biology, energy cycles and physics to:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...
Ho, Abbott a.o.
Schrödingers early proposal can be upheld: living organisms are indeed quantum coherent and can be regarded asmacroscopic quantum systems.

Insufficiënt coherence primary cause for cancer and genetic defects, which develop in a non-specific progressive way.

MT theory i.e. the concept of the Na+/K+'pump'(that received a Nobel price) is WRONG.
For this reason of once being lauded it is still in all textbooks but needs a major overhaul.

Coherence is not all. A complex of reactions can be observed.
1 post removed
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78384
Mar 3, 2013
 
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I'm not sure why it matters. I've completely forgotten what we were talking about, but you seem to have gotten quite worked up about it.
Dug it up again after weeks? Of course you'd forget. For the most part, I do too.

I just know that your position on homosexuality is based on politics and you love a litmus test for loyalty. Fancy words like "objectivist" really don't play into it. This is politics and money and you WILL OBEY your MASTER!

Meanwhile, I still observe that homosexuality is counter-evolutionary. If it is a side effect of other aspects of evolution, it doesn't matter as we are not conducting a pogrom, just denying the absurd political subsidization of a self-destructive behavior.

Feel free to go through the list of sound-bites again. Do it! You WILL OBEY your Master! Before we are done, you'll be rationalizing your greed as something off the wall like sickofit does, claiming to be a "Libertarian" by denying access to the benefits of civilization to those who don't toe the line politically.

Conflict is inevitable, although the masses are cowards and will wait until they have nothing left and nobody to turn to. That, they probably deserve. But for now, I simply ensure that people like you choose their sides, and that the masses understand that when the conflict starts, there will be no negotiated peace with the likes of you.

Before you are done, your lie will become your genocide. It's who you are, and ... you .... WILL ... serve .... your .... MASTER!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78385
Mar 3, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well there are obvious two different manifestation of god represented in the bible...which one did you seek out?
Why?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78386
Mar 3, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Homosexuals or same sex couples can not reproduce. Period.
We know that Charles. Leave your Bible out of it. It's irrelevant.

If you want a good analogy, compare homosexuality to pedophilia. Homosexuals get very indignant with those who compare their sexual fantasies with those of pedophiles. They insist that pedophiles are criminals while homosexuals are "enlightened" leaders of free thought.

The reality is that leaders need to produce results, not chemically induced "gratification". We know what the next step will be with our inefficient, quota mongers of modern liberalism. It won't be leadership anymore than it will be miracles of a biblical nature.

Don't bother meddling in my debates if all you've got is Bible thumping.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78387
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

SCPID or Systems Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design theory explains a certain principle by which all physical systems with atoms and molecules function. Every system will cycle following patterned pathways. Every atom and molecule is a part of a fundamental unit or physical system that will cycle to function.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78388
Mar 3, 2013
 
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Are you on occasions also posting as Ariel.

What's the difference between two gods or manifesting as two gods.
Gods by the way do nothing but manifesting...it's a dayjob.

And if you can find only the one god in your bible and a wannebe god in the new part, you are reading the wrong one.
I frankly stumble over the avatars.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78389
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
SCPID or Systems Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design theory explains a certain principle by which all physical systems with atoms and molecules function. Every system will cycle following patterned pathways. Every atom and molecule is a part of a fundamental unit or physical system that will cycle to function.
all ya gotta do is find a steensy shred of evidence for the 'intelligent design' part of that theory...

just adding it to the title doesn't make it a scientific theory...
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78390
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Best not mention brotherly love!
It is theoretically possible that a real world exists but cannot be known objectively because human perception is biased, and can only be known gradually, and through science.(long story short)
But bias and image will allways stand between a date of me with anonymous...he would never know reality but up to the point of psychological objectivity. But cute...fo'sure!
Don't bother being patronizing or sitting on a fence. There's nothing "enlightened" about homosexuality and obviously you don't come from a country where ethnic diversity muddies all aspects of what is considered acceptable behavior.

I don't bother worrying about what is objective. That is for the all-powerful, which none of us are. As an American, I'm not particularly beholding to those who try to provoke machismo in order to manipulate me.

I work too hard to help maintain the American military, where nearly half of the world's military expenditures are spent. It does nothing for my prosperity, and I certainly won't ask my Congressman to save my pride by allowing Europeans to provoke us into stupid things.

We're finally starting to see America reign in its budget problems and the military will be hard hit. Good! Next in line, the Medical professions and Higher Education. Both examples of filthy lucre protected by criminal liberal politics.

Does that hit close to home? Does such politics threaten your own economy, where your own self-defense may lacking? Contemplate your own objectivity. I'll get back to the corporate criminals and the military/industrial complex as I see fit. For now, I know what I know.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78391
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that Charles. Leave your Bible out of it. It's irrelevant.
If you want a good analogy, compare homosexuality to pedophilia. Homosexuals get very indignant with those who compare their sexual fantasies with those of pedophiles. They insist that pedophiles are criminals while homosexuals are "enlightened" leaders of free thought.
The reality is that leaders need to produce results, not chemically induced "gratification". We know what the next step will be with our inefficient, quota mongers of modern liberalism. It won't be leadership anymore than it will be miracles of a biblical nature.
Don't bother meddling in my debates if all you've got is Bible thumping.
Outside of the glaring fact that homosexuality hurts no one and pedophilia is child rape...

sheesh!

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78392
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Dug it up again after weeks? Of course you'd forget. For the most part, I do too.
I just know that your position on homosexuality is based on politics and you love a litmus test for loyalty. Fancy words like "objectivist" really don't play into it. This is politics and money and you WILL OBEY your MASTER!
Meanwhile, I still observe that homosexuality is counter-evolutionary. If it is a side effect of other aspects of evolution, it doesn't matter as we are not conducting a pogrom, just denying the absurd political subsidization of a self-destructive behavior.
Feel free to go through the list of sound-bites again. Do it! You WILL OBEY your Master! Before we are done, you'll be rationalizing your greed as something off the wall like sickofit does, claiming to be a "Libertarian" by denying access to the benefits of civilization to those who don't toe the line politically.
Conflict is inevitable, although the masses are cowards and will wait until they have nothing left and nobody to turn to. That, they probably deserve. But for now, I simply ensure that people like you choose their sides, and that the masses understand that when the conflict starts, there will be no negotiated peace with the likes of you.
Before you are done, your lie will become your genocide. It's who you are, and ... you .... WILL ... serve .... your .... MASTER!
So you are willing to deny a hormonal stress level induced effect (a towering increase that the body can't regulate till it shuts down and any form of testosteron is no longer produced...pregnancy does that too!) that just like other effects are part of the human condition, because you are willing to safe a couple of pennies.

Instead of telling the macho godbots to keep from harassing and harrowing their wife when she is pregnant.

But the effect is as real as f.i. menopauze shutdown.

So if they i.e. homosexuals do not want their inheritance to go to the people that hate them or pay way more taxes then the rest of the populace, because they do not get the same advantages that love and marriage normally brings, you consider that suddenly a state affair.
On the whole married coupes are monogamous.
But i heared some iffy statements too about young meat and once i smashed some heads.
There are limits for all, afterall.
Somethings are not to be incouraged.
But your denial of genetic effects is based on prejudice thus.
And obey your master is relative and often up for creative interpretation.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78393
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
SCPID or Systems Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design theory explains a certain principle by which all physical systems with atoms and molecules function. Every system will cycle following patterned pathways. Every atom and molecule is a part of a fundamental unit or physical system that will cycle to function.
404 error

malware cycle

sure!
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78394
Mar 3, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Outside of the glaring fact that homosexuality hurts no one and pedophilia is child rape...
sheesh!
Come on. Those kids are getting introduced to new experiences!

Today's absurdity will be tomorrow's norm. You just aren't seeing the behavior for what it is. What you're aiming for is politically protected chemical gratification. If the majority is OK with that, it IS the norm. I prefer to think of that as an unacceptably frivolous effort and like with all chemical dependencies, it makes the root causes worse, not better.

Abortion is not a chemical dependency but some suggest that it is the result of it. I can respect the will of Christians to demand that their tax dollars do not go to subsidizing abortion, but I still would protect the right to have an abortion.

Are you QUITE sure that your politics isn't the whole reason behind this debate? What meaning does Evolution give you, or is it just a key position to control in your other political debates?

I'm giving Darwin points as an authority figure, not those who just simply agree with him.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78395
Mar 3, 2013
 
Anonymous on the the roof, shouting:[...] and obviously you don't come from a country where ethnic diversity muddies all aspects of what is considered acceptable behavior.[...]

How's that for proving exactly what psychological objectification is.

Well done!

But do explain how ethnic diversity muddies all aspects of what is considered acceptable behaviour?

My allready expressed view: Non caring societies are to blame.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78396
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>all ya gotta do is find a steensy shred of evidence for the 'intelligent design' part of that theory...
just adding it to the title doesn't make it a scientific theory...
The intelligent design part is most evident in the selecting of the best time for doing something in order to achieve the desired effect in physical systems.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78397
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
However there is evidence all over the world for the flood.
No there's not.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78398
Mar 3, 2013
 
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are willing to deny a hormonal stress level induced effect (a towering increase that the body can't regulate till it shuts down and any form of testosteron is no longer produced...pregnancy does that too!) that just like other effects are part of the human condition, because you are willing to safe a couple of pennies.
Instead of telling the macho godbots to keep from harassing and harrowing their wife when she is pregnant.
But the effect is as real as f.i. menopauze shutdown.
So if they i.e. homosexuals do not want their inheritance to go to the people that hate them or pay way more taxes then the rest of the populace, because they do not get the same advantages that love and marriage normally brings, you consider that suddenly a state affair.
On the whole married coupes are monogamous.
But i heared some iffy statements too about young meat and once i smashed some heads.
There are limits for all, afterall.
Somethings are not to be incouraged.
But your denial of genetic effects is based on prejudice thus.
And obey your master is relative and often up for creative interpretation.
So you're defending the right to lose control? Hmmm.

I'm not about criminalizing homosexuality. I just won't endorse it. Are you sure that this isn't about politics? You're sounding close to going into a rage moment here. Does that mean that you didn't "earn" your authority and don't like having it taken away?

Hmmm. Hmmm. Tell me more about objectivity! ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••