Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76818 Feb 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and how long was Jesus dead according to myth, I mean the Bible?
Let's see, he was crucified on a Friday, it was a rush job so instead of lasting for days he died Friday late afternoon. And we know that the tomb was supposed to be empty sometime before sunup on Sunday morning. So let's count.
Friday afternoon to Saturday morning. That is one night. Saturday morning to Saturday afternoon, that is a day and a night (I am doing a running total) Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning. That is 2 nights and 1 day. Oops, that is only half of the time that Jesus predicted himself. A major unfulfilled prophesy. And that is if he rose. It is more likely that he was stolen and spirited away. The incompetents could not wait three days and sprung him early.
It must have been a Holiday Sabath.
1 post removed

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76820 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were not assertions, you need to learn the difference, I was dismissing your baseless assertions. You stated that there is some creator and presented no evidence to support it, you made the assertion and I dismissed it because you lack evidence.
If English is not your primary language then I can understand why you do not know what words mean.
Far from that, coward!
You have no clue regarding the existence of God. More of your shit?

Location hidden

#76821 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take your own advice because you jumped in head first and landed in a vat of poison called christianity.
Oh, you mean your poison called, atheism.
I wonder your relationship with the christian majority in your country.
You are a damn loser.

Location hidden

#76822 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and New York is a real place so Spiderman is real to you as well.
This is just what i called, " poke nose ".
Look before you leap.

Location hidden

#76823 Feb 21, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why does Luke 2:52 say that "Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man"?
Remember, Jesus came in the form of flesh, to be born of a woman.
So, he must grow definitely from being a child to an adult.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76824 Feb 21, 2013
A Holiday Sabbath could have been on a Thursday from my understanding.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76825 Feb 21, 2013
I meant a Sabbath Holiday could have been on a day other than the traditional Sabbath.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76826 Feb 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It must have been a Holiday Sabath.
Really, then why does all of Christendom say that Jesus died on a Friday? And even if that was the case the prophecy would still not have been fulfilled. That would be only 2 days and 3 nights. Or two and a half days. His prediction was for three full days.

You are grasping at straws.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#76827 Feb 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, then why does all of Christendom say that Jesus died on a Friday? And even if that was the case the prophecy would still not have been fulfilled. That would be only 2 days and 3 nights. Or two and a half days. His prediction was for three full days.
You are grasping at straws.
He must be part of KAB's bible study group.
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#76828 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far from that, coward!
You don't either.

All you have is a bunch of childishly ridiculous bronze age goat herder FAIRY TALES that you idiotically think are "true".

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#76829 Feb 21, 2013
I'm sure If someone actually rose from teh dead, somebody would have recorded it at the time, not decades later.

Another re-hshed myth from prevous cults...nothing new here...
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#76830 Feb 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
I'm sure If someone actually rose from teh dead, somebody would have recorded it at the time, not decades later.
Another re-hshed myth from prevous cults...nothing new here...
Harry Potter rose from the dead as well. Witnessed by LOTS of Death Eaters, Hagrid, Ron Weasley, Hermoine Grainger, etc.. And there is certainly AS MUCH EVIDENCE for that resurrection as there is for the resurrection of Jesus.

And the story is just so much better.

Location hidden

#76831 Feb 21, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't either.
All you have is a bunch of childishly ridiculous bronze age goat herder FAIRY TALES that you idiotically think are "true".
What do you understand by the term, " truth"?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76832 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There were Israelite presence in Egypt, are you denying that, yes or no?
Beats me why you keep using nowadays political maps to make your point.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#76833 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far from that, coward!
Since you have no evidence of your god, then I dismiss it because I am sane.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76834 Feb 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I read about this last week. Very cool stuff. One wonders what is yet to be discovered.
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/humanities/news/...
An ancient port in Rome, probably to establish how well it works under water, given that it is infrared technology.
I understood that al archeologists have been kicked out of the middle east. But that they thus used the technology on Syria as well.
I also read some criticism.That it should be corroborated by excavations. Duh, ofcourse , but who's funding that and who will give the permits. Take f.i. Egypt.
All the younger Egyptologists are complaining that Zahi hawass is simply not granting enough permits and is not open to new ideas.

Location hidden

#76835 Feb 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats me why you keep using nowadays political maps to make your point.
The exact location of the ancient Israel and Egypt still stands today, though some of the lands are no longer in Israel or Egypt.

Location hidden

#76836 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no evidence of your god, then I dismiss it because I am sane.
Sane? Lol
Irony!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#76837 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sane? Lol
Irony!
Then where is the evidence supporting the existence of the god you claim exists?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#76838 Feb 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/humanities/news/...
An ancient port in Rome, probably to establish how well it works under water, given that it is infrared technology.
I understood that al archeologists have been kicked out of the middle east. But that they thus used the technology on Syria as well.
I also read some criticism.That it should be corroborated by excavations. Duh, ofcourse , but who's funding that and who will give the permits. Take f.i. Egypt.
All the younger Egyptologists are complaining that Zahi hawass is simply not granting enough permits and is not open to new ideas.
Hawass is a bid difficult and more than a little controlling. But I suppose he's done a better job than some of his predecessors.

Some years ago, when I was in Giza, they were doing one of those radar studies to see if they could find any new tombs or the like. Never heard if they did but I understand they doing that again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 11 min Gary Coaldigger 56
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,947
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 35 min Truth is might 23,028
Aussie brothers accused of Bali glassing 41 min Piggsy 1
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 53 min serfs up 11
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Injudgement 165,427
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 1 hr THE EVIL WEST EMPIRE 73
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Brian_G 293,659
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 7 hr Retired SOF 333
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 9 hr spocko 642
More from around the web