Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,588)

Showing posts 71,741 - 71,760 of106,031
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, your god is a myth, and death is real.
No your FSM is a myth God is real.
Now this will cause you pain because you understand the repercussion of the meaning to you of a real God. Good luck with that.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

forreal wrote:
I love the way the History Channel says that an astroid Killed all the Dinosaurs!LOL One thing I have known all my Life an animal will always find a wayt live but Humans the find ways o die!LOL
Yes, the scientific concensus is that an asteroid about the size of Mt. Everest struck the earth about 65 million years ago. It blew out a crater about 100 miles wide, and produced a variety of effects on a global scale.

Per Wiki: "The impactor had an estimated diameter of 10 km (6.2 mi) and delivered an estimated energy equivalent of 100 teratons of TNT (4.2×1023 J).[21] By contrast, the most powerful man-made explosive device ever detonated, the Tsar Bomba, had a yield of only 57 megatons of TNT (2.4×1017 J),[22] making the Chicxulub impact 2 million times more powerful."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence?
Now tell me how did the universe came without a maker?
I suppose when your maker distributed brains you ended up in back of the line - yemoron!

“Steaming hunk”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes they are...the bible and harry potter are fiction. reality has nothing to do with either...

Oh yes, the city of Jerusalem, Rome, Herod and Pontious Pilate (who are documents, historical roman rulers of judea), the persecution of the early believers, which is documented, etc all worthless un substantiated myth!

So, therefore, with your logic, the teachings of Jesus, being part of myth are useless! Teachings like "love the Lord thy god with all your mind, heart and soul and love your neighbor as yourself", unconditional forgiveness with no retaliation or repayment expected, going to those you have offended and asking forgiveness, and making restitution before you even have any thought of worshipping, letting your yea be yea and your nay be nay, certainly part of a worthless myth. In your estimation, with Jesus being a myth, anything he said, all of his teachings are discounted as worthless myth! Be careful in your answer because he DID say "I am the way and the truth...noone comes to the father but by me"

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I believe in both. God is too complicated for most of us to understand.
earlyapex

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
What has a scientist who was an atheist ever done to hurt you?
If a scientific investigation is carefully designed, it will come to the same results no matter what the experimenter expects.
If a scientific report is carefully written, it will be perfectly objective.
So an acceptable scientific report will say nothing about God.
Or leprechauns.
Or gremlins.
Or invisible pink unicorns.
Or flying spaghetti monsters.
Or--well, you get the idea.(I hope.)
If only it were so! Unfortunately, science is run by humans, and humans do what they always do - insert bias. Even science is biased dramatically by personal political beliefs (i.e. global warming - look up the p-value on the relationship between carbon dioxide and temperature).

There are very few, if any, scientists who initiate a study without the intent of proving his/her particular theory.

Back on topic, if evolution is false why are so many genes homologous between a human being and a rabbit for example? Why is it that we are able to grow human recombinant proteins in e. coli bacteria?

The only requirement to disbelieve in evolution is a lack of education. Now Darwin didn't get it all exactly right. Real evolution happens a lot faster than what he estimated because cells have a lot more ability to rearrange DNA (ie spliceosome) and create different proteins, etc. Hell, we even have nucleic enzymes that can move DNA around on a chromosome.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

"Religious behavior evolved for a single reason: to further the survival of human societies. Those who administer religions should not assume they cannot be altered. To the contrary, religions are Durkheimian structures, eminently adjustable to a society’s needs. They are shaped in implicit negotiation with supernatural powers who then give instructions to promote society’s interests. Much of course depends on the craft and inspiration of the negotiators. But first it is necessary to understand that negotiation is possible.

Maybe religion needs to undergo a second transformation, similar in scope to the transition from hunter gatherer religion to that of settled societies. In this new configuration, religion would retain all its old powers of binding people together for a common purpose, whether for morality or defense. It would touch all the senses and lift the mind. It would transcend self. And it would find a way to be equally true to emotion and to reason, to our need to belong to one another and to what has been learned of the human condition through rational inquiry."

Nicholas Wade “The Faith Instinct: How Religion Evolved and Why It Endures,”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So the bible is fictionalized history? so what? it's basic premise is based on proven lies...you know this but as a cult member, you cannot stray from the cult line...
More shit from you.
Now give me three( 3) archaeological proof or evidence for Harry Porter ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
They lived in a time when the church would kill you if you did not believe.
I like that!
And yet they were not killed.
They were allowed to go on with their inventions and discoveries.
I hope you know you have no point in that remarks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and now that people around the world are free to openly express their disbelief in the cults, the change is happening rapidly..
the threat of death from the cults had a lot to do with this not happeneing earlier...
Foul!
Most people born 150 years are long dead, buried and probably forgotten and yet your so called foul theory has done nothing to change any thing.
The fact remains, no one can stop the most high( God).

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I like that!
And yet they were not killed.
They were allowed to go on with their inventions and discoveries.
I hope you know you have no point in that remarks.
The point is my friend that whenever the church rules society you either agree with them or die.

The Catholic church was famous (or infamous) for killing non-believers during the Dark-Ages and the Middle-Ages.

We can never know for sure what these people believed deep down.

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course my denial doesn't prove it wrong"
Good we have that settled.
But, science is....

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

What happened??

Sorry admin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I've addressed you directly hundreds and hundreds of times over. You in turn are incapable of addressing anything.
So you see now why your post is particularly ironic.
<quoted text>
There is no debate. Never has been. The essence of all the fuss is that a bunch of reality-denying fruitcakes take ancient parables literally even if they were never meant to be and so claim that reality is not real because an invisible Jewish wizard did things differently.
Go on with your gibberish, in my life experiences, i have not seen any one defeating the almighty. They will only boast, brag that they are this or that, but only to end up in the grave or being cremated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume a "who" is necessary. Until we have more information it would be far more appropriate to say "what".
But leaving aside the question of the singularity itself, so far the evidence points to the Big Bang.
Ok, big bang?
Now explain how that big bang brought the universe into form?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Bible is real. That is not always the case for the claims in its collection of stories however. Period.
The Bible is not true just because the Bible sez so.
Herod was a real guy.
His order to kill babies cannot be verified.
Talking lizards and donkeys never existed.
Period.
Not only Herod many other biblical characters have been verified archaeologically.
Others not yet discovered can not make the bible to be false.
The bible once again, is real!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>More shit from you.
You should pay woodtick no heed.
He just try's to tick Christians off.
He has nothing real to offer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>But, science is....
Dead wrong!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So is climbing the stairs.
By the way, "educationist" is showing as wrong on my spell check.
With good reason.
In just this one case however I will let you off since English is not your first language.
Oh, and I'm still waiting on that 500 quid for letting you use it.
Point of correction, English is official to my country, we are well educated far and wide even more than your folks over there.
Most of my patriots, in the UK and US alone, tends to do better than their English, British and American counterparts.
By Educationist, i meant trained Teacher or Professional in the field of Education( Teaching, Lecturing, Examining and Supervising, etc).

“Steaming hunk”

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More shit from you.
Charles, nothing in scripture justifies or authorizes denigration of another individual either online, in person, whatever the media.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,741 - 71,760 of106,031
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••