Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#74449 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see. Well, that is more honest a position than most atheists hold here.
Once people realize the model is a fraud, then we can move on to other interesting ideas.
But currently, the scientific community is very much afraid of change, and is holding science back.
This particular forum is about evolution vs creation. We already know where you stand on evolution....where do you stand on creationism??

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#74450 Feb 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, Mr. Know all, give me the translation of the words into?
The Greek letters alpha and omega are just that. Letters. They are not words to be translated.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74451 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet there is not one teensy bit of evidnece of ANY supernatural processes...ever. not one. not even Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat...
so with the lack of any supernatural events, that pretty much only leaves natural events doesn't it?
when you exclude the impossible, the remaining options, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Right.

So who did something come out of nothing?

Where did the universe?

What are you defining as "supernatural." Strictly speaking, it means that which nature cannot explain naturally, o appears beyond nature, which leaves much of the whole universe and its working in the realm of the supernatural. The Big Bang has yet to be explained, and how time and space exploded into existence.

It would appear you are holding back on us, and must have a VAST storehouse of knowledge to be so arrogant ... or such a fool.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74452 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No need to fight or disprove something that has zero evidence to even begin a discussion about it...it would be like disproving the Easter bunny, not worthy of serious discussion until some evidence of its existence is shown.
And you are going to end up like others, while the existence of God, continues.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74453 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of Galileo?
Mmmm?
No, it is not so easy for the scientific rebels to challenge a community that believes in "well established facts" and has no interests in hearing alternative theories.
While the burden of proof must always remain with the challenger to the status quo, it is cheating to not even let a challenger come forth, and scoffing, laughing, and cutting funding before it even began.
It's a human problem. Humans can be really stupid, even as scientists.
the scientific community always lets challengers come forth, but to change a well established theory, one needs some serious proof.

look at the sestablished clovis man theory. Evidence seems to be building against it but as yet, no-one has been able to definitively prove it is wrong. tons oand tons of work being done on trying to find that evidence and those people are not scoffed at or ridiculed, but their findings are severely reviewed.

this is how science works. evidence and review.

Seffner, FL

#74454 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of Galileo?
Mmmm?
Good point! I had forgotten that house arrest is commonly given to dissenting scientists even to this day.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
No, it is not so easy for the scientific rebels to challenge a community that believes in "well established facts" and has no interests in hearing alternative theories.
No one said it would be easy.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
While the burden of proof must always remain with the challenger to the status quo, it is cheating to not even let a challenger come forth, and scoffing, laughing, and cutting funding before it even began.
Now you're just whining.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
It's a human problem. Humans can be really stupid, even as scientists.
Agreed.

St. Croix valley

#74455 Feb 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you are going to end up like others, while the existence of God, continues.
You mean I will die and my existence will end like ALL others...yes.

no god, gods or goddesses have ever been shown to ever have existed, regardless of what your cult tells you to parrot.

Seffner, FL

#74456 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, REAL SCIENCE. Like space travel, food production, solving serious social problems, sociology, political science, technology, colonization of other worlds, terraforming ... etc.
Why are you so obsessed with how we got here? Quit wasting time and ENJOY LIFE AND MOVE ON.
Right you are. You *are* a waste of time.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Evolution has become a sick, almost religious obsession with the past, and the rejection that many things will always be a mystery.
I'm ok with mysterious, because there is a great deal more important things for scientists to be interested in. There is the future.
Quit dwelling on the past.
Moving on, troll...

St. Croix valley

#74457 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Where did the universe?
What are you defining as "supernatural." Strictly speaking, it means that which nature cannot explain naturally, o appears beyond nature, which leaves much of the whole universe and its working in the realm of the supernatural. The Big Bang has yet to be explained, and how time and space exploded into existence.
It would appear you are holding back on us, and must have a VAST storehouse of knowledge to be so arrogant ... or such a fool.
the fact that you use the term "something out of nothing" shows you don't have even the slightest idea of the hteory you think you can debunk.

try to learn the basics of the theory first, lest you continue to look so foolish.

Albuquerque, NM

#74458 Feb 7, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
No need the hero has been already here just are just 3 examples
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanobrassica
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v403/n67...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_maggot
Please research before you assert! If you wont be this go away.
I make not assertion. The assertions posed by your articles do not hold up.

Environmental genetics: Rapid chromosomal evolution in island mice.

Island mice? Not enough evidence. You have to find it a far more species than just a few different species. This is evidence that the change is a a part of their nature, NOT evidence for evolution.

Raphanobrassica: evidence of design. Something created by us can never be used to explain evolution ... unless you propose that evolution was sparked by aliens or gods. In which case, it's not really evolution at all.

"Rhagoletis pomonella is significant evolutionarily in that the race of this species that feeds on apples spontaneously emerged from the hawthorn feeding race in the 1800 - 1850 CE time frame after apples were introduced into North America. The apple feeding race does not now normally feed on hawthorns and the hawthorn feeding race does not now normally feed on apples. This constitutes a POSSIBLE example of an early step towards the emergence of a new species, a case of sympatric speciation.[2]"

POSSIBLE!!!!

We have has POSSIBLE examples for 150 years. The possibilities are endless. But we want facts. Got any?

St. Croix valley

#74459 Feb 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! I had forgotten that house arrest is commonly given to dissenting scientists even to this day.
<quoted text>
No one said it would be easy.
<quoted text>
Now you're just whining.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
if Ricky Santorum and his crowd had their way they would be...

St. Croix valley

#74460 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Where did the universe?
EXploded?!? seriously? that is the numbver one sign to look for that the commenter has not one clue as to what thye are talking about...

your making as ass out yourself, dude.

St. Croix valley

#74461 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I make not assertion. The assertions posed by your articles do not hold up.
Environmental genetics: Rapid chromosomal evolution in island mice.
Island mice? Not enough evidence. You have to find it a far more species than just a few different species. This is evidence that the change is a a part of their nature, NOT evidence for evolution.
Raphanobrassica: evidence of design. Something created by us can never be used to explain evolution ... unless you propose that evolution was sparked by aliens or gods. In which case, it's not really evolution at all.
"Rhagoletis pomonella is significant evolutionarily in that the race of this species that feeds on apples spontaneously emerged from the hawthorn feeding race in the 1800 - 1850 CE time frame after apples were introduced into North America. The apple feeding race does not now normally feed on hawthorns and the hawthorn feeding race does not now normally feed on apples. This constitutes a POSSIBLE example of an early step towards the emergence of a new species, a case of sympatric speciation.[2]"
POSSIBLE!!!!
We have has POSSIBLE examples for 150 years. The possibilities are endless. But we want facts. Got any?
Actually, the theory of evolution predicted that island inhabitants would evolve faster.

fool.

Albuquerque, NM

#74462 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the basic premise in your first paragraph is faulty, that is why you have come to a faulty conclusion. thereis, in fact, evidence to support it, as has been shown to you.
i think your previous statement of making this decision of yours without outside evidence, but by your own thoughts says it all...
That evolution has no evidence? How is that faulty?

There is none.

Just as there is no evidence for static state theory, despite it enduring for decades without any evidence to begin with. Conjecture, hypothesis, ideas, those are good enough for hold on to a theory for a time. But not forever.

There is no faulty logic. I merely RAISE THE BAR. It's time now to turn up the heat, and tell the scientific community to make the case for evolution, to stop preaching it as the gospel. They've had MORE than enough time.

Go away, flat-earther. We are done with fanatics and zealots of the faith.

Albuquerque, NM

#74463 Feb 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
You're a POE.
Sorry, I don't know what POE stands for.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74464 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Please elaborate. you would be the very first in the world to have such evidence...
You seem to confuse evidence with facts.

ev·i·dence\ˈe-və-dən(t)s, -və-ˌden(t)s\
noun
1 a : an outward sign : indication

proof\ˈprüf\
noun
1 a : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74465 Feb 7, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>why are you a man pretending to be a womann....the question is not answered????
I remember writing a song. but it's a metaphor.

The Man I Am

When the evil does no any good
Find the love that you once understood
let your freedom take you to the Path
There is love, there is hate, but no time to wait

We willl fly like theres no tomorrow
Make it higher than anyone can stand
When you see that I can take it like a man
Be the man, be the man I am

When in times of trouble, learn to fight
Carry on, and everything will be right
Its no use to cry now even children try
We just live and die but dont say goodbye

I can move the strongest mountain
I say prayers that can bear it all
Be the man, be the man

Be the man, be the man
Be the man, be the man
Be the man I am

Albuquerque, NM

#74466 Feb 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are showing that you have a total lack of knowledge about science and the scientific method.
Science is doing what it always does...and you have no clue.
Um, science is not alive with a will of it's own.

I hate to break it to you, but your mythology is just that ... a myth.

People are doing what they always do, however, if that is what you meant.

And screwing things up, including science. That is inevitable.

Seffner, FL

#74467 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if Ricky Santorum and his crowd had their way they would be...
Santorum. The dude who couldn't even carry his home state in the primaries.

Albuquerque, NM

#74468 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what more interesting ideas would those be?
Care to buy an imagination?

Really? You can't think of anymore MORE interesting about our vast universe and our amazing knowledge than ... evolution.

You just made the case for the lack of evolution with you own personal self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min - Lady Liberty - 292,692
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min GOPidiots 1,152,988
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 3 min Edmond Pulpo 12,053
Republican Governors Push to Reshape Welfare Pr... 5 min tha Professor 18
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 5 min Cordwainer Trout 28
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 7 min spocko 16
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Edmond Pulpo 181,698
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 9 min tha Professor 236
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 15 min Le Duped 560
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 1 hr Dubya Tee Eff 137