Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,983)

Showing posts 59,641 - 59,660 of106,017
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I believe God made man from dirt like the bible says. I would like to understand evolution though why they think the way they do. If they want to know about faith and the bible and aren't just going to call me stupid when I answer they are more than welcome to ask. I do believe things adapt to environment and such so they can survive but a dinosaur giving birth to a chicken not so much. I do find the whole thing fascinating.
The problem with the bible is it is a bunch of metaphorical sense and symbolism. One should not take it literally.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, no, it seems like it is for the same reason watching birds evolve from dinosaurs would have you calling the birds dinosaurs still. We do have photographic evidence of some change, barely noticeable. It's a slow process, one that takes a lot of generations, that's generations not years. Human generations generally align with decades, so tens of thousands of years before you'd actually see a visible trait. But, we have seen some new physiological traits evolve in recent years, one being AIDS resistance, a very beneficial trait if it propagates, which it will because we are now under what is best described as self selection, or artificial selection. We are choosing each other based on personal preference, it's why many of our features have smoothed out actually, and why the "mixed" traits of certain genetic lines, African dark skinned to European light skinned for example, are becoming so prevalent, lots of people see the combination as beautiful, so the gene mixes are propagating as well. See, evolution isn't just mutation, it's also the mixing of the genes, and why multi-parentage became the most common form of breeding, just not binary like us because the binary system is ... well ... very flawed. Who knows what the future really holds, it's the trip there that's the fun part of it all anyway.
I was under the impression blacks are black because the environment they live in is hot and they needed to be black to survive? Wouldn't that be a adapting?
The same for whites where they live is colder and so they have white skin and more hair.....like Robin Williams

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Search. Easily if you are teachable, humble.
Ah.

Gottit.

Quetzalcoatl.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with the bible is it is a bunch of metaphorical sense and symbolism. One should not take it literally.
I know these guys have been telling me that for 3 weeks now. God came to me and pulled me back together when I was in a real bad spot. I'm loyal to a fault. I follow the words of Christ love people even when they hate you and have faith.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks awkward to us but their necks are flexible
They have to spread their forelegs way apart and practically do a forward squat to reach the water.
And you've never seen 'em eating grass either.

C'mon, you made a teensy bio-blunder. Just quit digging and 'fess up.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the bible is it is a bunch of metaphorical sense and symbolism. One should not take it literally.
Oh, good. We can chuck all that silly Genesis stuff.
Noah, too.

Wait, there goes Leviticus, too...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Kitten I brought pi 3.14159265359

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They have to spread their forelegs way apart and practically do a forward squat to reach the water.
And you've never seen 'em eating grass either.
C'mon, you made a teensy bio-blunder. Just quit digging and 'fess up.
LOL. There are wild animal parks in Cali and also Safari West here. I don't care if you believe me or not.

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, good. We can chuck all that silly Genesis stuff.
Noah, too.
Wait, there goes Leviticus, too...
Ya and that burning bush that made Moses high and started tripping? haha!

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know these guys have been telling me that for 3 weeks now. God came to me and pulled me back together when I was in a real bad spot. I'm loyal to a fault. I follow the words of Christ love people even when they hate you and have faith.
Wait, you may have gotten the wrong idea here.

There is a major qualitative difference between "Christians" and "Fundies".

There are quite a few Christians on Topix who are well-liked and respected by many of us unbelievers, and I doubt that any of us would begrudge you your beliefs or whatever comfort you derive from them.

The problem arises from a sloppiness in terminology. Some of us refer to Fundies as "Christians", in a generic sense. I've done it myself, and apologized for it, before.

You might simply have to deduce which meaning is intended from context.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what did I plagiarize when I simply said you can simply find an answer on Google! You are really dumb. You evos just like to insult because when asked for REAL evidence you got none. You just resort to ad homs. How sad.
We gave you plenty of evidence. You are just incapable of interpreting it.

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
what about fish?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. There are wild animal parks in Cali and also Safari West here. I don't care if you believe me or not.
There are a coupla good ones right around here (SoFla) also.

And you've still never seen a giraffe grazing.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya and that burning bush that made Moses high and started tripping? haha!
Laffin. Yes.

Although I'd have thought it more likely to start him scratching...

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Oh, damn, was that my outside voice?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
I kinda like Key lime...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, you may have gotten the wrong idea here.

There is a major qualitative difference between "Christians" and "Fundies".

There are quite a few Christians on Topix who are well-liked and respected by many of us unbelievers, and I doubt that any of us would begrudge you your beliefs or whatever comfort you derive from them.

The problem arises from a sloppiness in terminology. Some of us refer to Fundies as "Christians", in a generic sense. I've done it myself, and apologized for it, before.

You might simply have to deduce which meaning is intended from context.
I don't take the stuff on here personal. This is entertainment for me. It's 120am here I can't sleep so I do this.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>what about fish?
I can't calculate fish just pi I can make pi a circle but not a triangle :(

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda like Key lime...
I love science they made the sleep number bed which is the whole reason I even talk to you evos....... My bed evolved from a spring mattress to sleep number....lol

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I believe God made man from dirt like the bible says. I would like to understand evolution though why they think the way they do. If they want to know about faith and the bible and aren't just going to call me stupid when I answer they are more than welcome to ask. I do believe things adapt to environment and such so they can survive but a dinosaur giving birth to a chicken not so much. I do find the whole thing fascinating.
If someone believed the Earth was flat because they had a book with a talking chicken in it would you give them much respect?

Faith is just another word for gullibility. You may think that you improved due to the Bible, but it was really your own work that made you improve.

We laugh at you because you do believe in something as foolish as believing that the Earth is flat because a chicken said so. There have been many scientists who have believed in creationism in the past. None of them have been able to find evidence for creation. Seriously, don't you think there were some scientists that have tried in the past? Even today various creation "institutions" will hire scientists who are willing to prostitute their learning and openly lie about "evidence" against evolution. They work on the false dichotomy of evidence against evolution being evolution for creation. Of course that is not the case. And even worse for them, their so called evidence is usually paper thin.

So go ahead and believe in Jesus, if you want to you can go ahead and believe the Old Testament fairy tales. Just remember the talking chicken.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,641 - 59,660 of106,017
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••