Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59404 Nov 16, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right God does say "do as I say not as I do" but for the sake of argument if you're talking about an all powerful God who holds your next breath in your hands do you think he has a complaint department or is he just going to see humanity for the dirt it is and more or less delete you?
A good one.
Very sensitive and precise.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#59405 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dull!
As long as you are below the law, you are also a trained servant.
Well spoken, monkey!

Now here's a Eucharist for you to pretend to feast on the flesh of Christ.

Now, sit. Good boy.

Pray. Attaboy!

Tithe. Cha-ching!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59406 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of argument...

According to the bible, it wouldn't matter what I do for God already knows what I'll do. And God already has shown to kill anyone at anytime for any reason no matter how much you pray or try to spew the Bible as the "word of god".

And it's actually pretty funny. The scientific discoveries we've made actually makes god quite a bit more awesome than the childish puppet master construct in the bible.
So true!

Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#59407 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of argument...

According to the bible, it wouldn't matter what I do for God already knows what I'll do. And God already has shown to kill anyone at anytime for any reason no matter how much you pray or try to spew the Bible as the "word of god".

And it's actually pretty funny. The scientific discoveries we've made actually makes god quite a bit more awesome than the childish puppet master construct in the bible.
This God of hate and death that you speak of I don't see it that way. "Turn the other cheek" and " love your neighbor as yourself" seem to contradict that but I do agree God is a jealous God who did a lions share of smiteing in the Old Testament

Location hidden

#59408 Nov 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
An irrelevant statement, since you claimed that Old English was a "type" of German, not that it was "closer" to German.
You're backpedaling again. It's so funny to see you do that so often.
<quoted text>
Project much?
<quoted text>
"have hitted"? Care to translate that into English?
<quoted text>
How many "internets" are there?
<quoted text>
"more or less similar"? Did you not claim that Old English was a *type* of German?
Keep on backpedaling!
You can say what ever you want. The issue is that, the old English spoken by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, are more or less similar to Germans. Germans do understand the language unlike modern English.

Nehwon

#59409 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> NO.
Awww, did I not fall your you silly diversion?

And instead hit you with something that Christianity may just be recycled stories from other earlier religions?

But I must admit your lengthy two letter rebuttal was quite deep and well thought out. Who couldn't be persuaded by the argument that two year olds use in their NO phase.

Nehwon

#59410 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol.
I am not reciting poems or prose.
I was after the keywords.
Oh. So you regularly take things out of context for the keywords? Is this how you quote scripture too?

BTW, you still haven't answered the question who created Satan.

Location hidden

#59411 Nov 16, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>This God of hate and death that you speak of I don't see it that way. "Turn the other cheek" and " love your neighbor as yourself" seem to contradict that but I do agree God is a jealous God who did a lions share of smiteing in the Old Testament
Seems that the God of the desert is a reflection of the men of the desert.

Location hidden

#59412 Nov 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
An irrelevant statement, since you claimed that Old English was a "type" of German, not that it was "closer" to German.
<quoted text>
Project much?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"more or less similar"? Did you not claim that Old English was a *type* of German?
Keep on backpedaling!
In continuation, modern English from middle English, came as a result of Latin, Celtic, Greek, French, old Norse, etc, influence. All these developments took place in England. The language called English was first spoken in England, that is why the language is native to them, before any where else.

Nehwon

#59413 Nov 16, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
This God of hate and death that you speak of I don't see it that way. "Turn the other cheek" and " love your neighbor as yourself" seem to contradict that but I do agree God is a jealous God who did a lions share of smiteing in the Old Testament
Why would God be a jealous god? That makes it sound like there is a competing god for supremacy.

I guess an older brother of Satan could fall into that category. He wrestled with Satan and pinned him and threw him into the basement.

The demiurge would also fit in there.

It actually points to a bigger god that is the ruler of the god of the bible.

Nehwon

#59414 Nov 16, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that the God of the desert is a reflection of the men of the desert.
Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Props for reference.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#59415 Nov 16, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no place called "England". Do you mean 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain?
How can a country that no longer exists own anything?
You are very stupid.
You really should quit self prescribing.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England" ;

Location hidden

#59416 Nov 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Project much?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Keep on backpedaling!
Lastly, yes it is a type of German, because it was not really influenced by other languages like modern English.

Location hidden

#59417 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, if I can point out a few factual things in the Harry Potter books, they are now holy gospel?
Facts( the holy bible) and fiction( Harry Potter) are two different words.

Location hidden

#59418 Nov 16, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Roots in Greek philosophy and Pagen beliefs.
Your opinion. Though a biased one.

Location hidden

#59419 Nov 16, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I, of course, never expected you to accept what I wrote Charles, but you do need to be aware of this...it actually is a reality.
Archaeologists have been saying for 50 or 60 years now that they have made the connection to mankind and the Homo species that preceded Homo-sapiens (us humans). Then DNA came along and opened up a whole new world of information about our pasts and happened to coincided with the archaeological data we already had.
Then a couple of years ago a scientist in Europe sequenced the DNA of Neanderthals and humans and found that most every human on earth, except sub-Saharan Africans and some South Sea Islanders, carried a small percentage of Neanderthal DNA...proving that early (c.30,000 plus BC) humans and non-humans mated successfully, and most recently it has been found out that another pre-human species (Denisovans) were found to be distantly related to Neanderthals and more distantly related to us, and some South Sea Islanders, another case of humans and pre-humans mating successfully.
http://www.livescience.com/16171-denisovans-h...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
These incidences firmly tie humans to the ancient line of Homo-species...in other words we ARE in the line of great apes and are descendants/related to these pre-humans.
We (scientists) have been able to trace humans back about 200,000 +- years, and this is solid science that I challenge anyone to disprove with real science.
Charles, there is just no possible way that this allows for the Adam and Eve myth to be true as written...hence my assertion that Jesus may not have existed because of the fact he was not needed to fulfill a roll....that was *made up* by Paul anyway.
These are not lies my friend...I am relaying reliable scientific news to you, along with the probable ramifications.
Quite informative, but there are alot of questions, left unanswered.
There is still a gap that no one except God can fill.
The quest continues.

Location hidden

#59420 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well spoken, monkey!
Now here's a Eucharist for you to pretend to feast on the flesh of Christ.
Now, sit. Good boy.
Pray. Attaboy!
Tithe. Cha-ching!
Monkey?
Any way, no argument, i am a monkey that prays, pay my tithes, etc.
But you are a MONKEY that feeds on bananas and other fruits, in the forest.

Location hidden

#59421 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion. Though a biased one.
History doesn't show my opinion.

Location hidden

#59422 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Quite informative, but there are alot of questions, left unanswered.
There is still a gap that no one except God can fill.
The quest continues.
"Your opinion. Though a biased one."

Location hidden

#59423 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So you regularly take things out of context for the keywords? Is this how you quote scripture too?
BTW, you still haven't answered the question who created Satan.
You still have not answered the question, why do good people or parents of humble backgrounds, give births to hooligants, murderers, killers, and the likes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Reader 1,745,640
News Comey speculates Russians may have damaging inf... 6 min Lawrence Wolf 463
News Trump's Wall May Not Be Built, But The Illegal ... 8 min spud 342
News CNN: Trump Is Considering Axing Deputy AG Rosen... 11 min spud 297
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min Bruddah Z 336,827
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 16 min Cat 1,427
News Police shootings of unarmed black people have n... 16 min spud 98
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 48 min Lopez 345
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 55 min breakingnewstoronto 71,846
News James Clapper insisted Trump receive prostitute... 1 hr whiney beech 47