Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195660 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Mugwump

UK

#57393 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If truly, you guys have the so called evidence, there would be no need for the debate, " evolution versus creation.
<sigh>

You seem to think that you simply stating something then refusing to back it up constitutes debate.

Reading back through this thread it is apparent that evidence for evolution has been presented - but you can't come up with an argument against it - this isn't debate.

You have not produced evidence against evolution - this isn't debate.

Now the same thing happens in the community where it actually matters (the scientific one)

Which is why there is no controversy in science on evolution.

But why not up your game?

Present what you think is the best evidence AGAINST evolution

Now that would be a debate

One argument for evolution I would present is ERVs and the correlation with the heirarchies we deduce from other lines of evidence.

Now dispute that -
that would be a debate

So far you seem to just make assertions that you can't/won't back up

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#57394 Nov 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they place more value in scientific data than the bible, otherwise they'd never gotten anywhere and we'd still be stuck with Apple IIes.

The first computer I ever worked with (outside of school) was the TRS-80. It used a cassette tape for storage.

At school we had DEC-Writers (with paper tape storage) connected by 300 bps modems to a honeywell mainframe. We were given 20k to work with, but after 5pm we could call them up an they would give us a whole 50k! Crank it up, baby!

Ah, the sad ole days.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#57395 Nov 7, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah. You are an eggless chicken on the way to the chopping block. Religion has limitations. Where mythology stops, that is where science almighty, starts.
Did your micro-god create the internet, or was that a product of science?
Did your micro-god create computers, or was that a product of science?
Did your micro-god create nuclear power, or was that a product of science?
What has your micro-god done for me lately?
Without the knowledge of God, man is nothing.
God created man, and man are creating things/ products, to date.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57396 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer to your guesses or projections, humans are not apes.

Genetically we are apes.

Grow up.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57397 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We are still on the subject. If the Times of London, uses the word, skeptic, in their dailies, they did that, based on the fact that, whether American, Australian, Canadian and what so ever English, are all English language, which originated in England, UK.

Skeptic is still Greek in origin and therefore owned by the Greeks, BY ORIGINATION.

You inspire me to great nonsense.
Mugwump

UK

#57398 Nov 7, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooo...
Death is defined as the cessation of life.
Thought it was the boney guy in the cowl with the low-tech hedge trimmer

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57399 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If the word, skeptic, an English American's origin, there are no basis for your arguments.
English Americans to date, has/ have ties with the people of England. Though, majority of them prefer calling themselves, Americans.

You do know that substantially less than 50% of the American population trace back to England.

Just an aside. You can say more stupid things now.

Location hidden

#57400 Nov 7, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN.
You must be a total moron.
skepticism comes from the Greek word skeptesthai
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skepti...
www.etymonline.com/index.php...
www.thefreedictionary.com/skeptic
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/examini...
Broken clocks are right twice a day. You, not so much.
You can continue to try to work out your feelings of inferiority in this forum, if you wish.
Greeks don't spell theirs, the way the British and Americans do.
British and Americans, can really understand each other.
But it will the British or the American some time, before he or she could understand the Greek man or woman.
Let off that scales, covering your blind eyes.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57401 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not true.

It is true. Technology is the spawn of science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57402 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Be serious for once.

Dude IS British (English), so he owns the language. As the owner he can choose whatever he feels is fair. If you don't want to pay him you don't have to use his language.

What am I saying? You DON'T use his language.

Hey, Dude. You don't have a leg to stand on!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57403 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Madness number two.

No, you are #1 in the madness department.

Location hidden

#57404 Nov 7, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Skeptic is still Greek in origin and therefore owned by the Greeks, BY ORIGINATION.
You inspire me to great nonsense.
Idiotic statements.
Americans don't speak Greek, but English.
You are again, wrong.
Mugwump

UK

#57405 Nov 7, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The first computer I ever worked with (outside of school) was the TRS-80. It used a cassette tape for storage.
At school we had DEC-Writers (with paper tape storage) connected by 300 bps modems to a honeywell mainframe. We were given 20k to work with, but after 5pm we could call them up an they would give us a whole 50k! Crank it up, baby!
Ah, the sad ole days.
BBC MICRO - as a kid - 32k ram , good version of BASIC , naff all CPU - still produced one of the best games ever - ELITE - wire frame 3d graphics some 25 years ago - awesome

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57406 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If truly the English Americans originated the word, skeptic. Then there is no further need of the arguments. English, originally started in England.

But English is borrowed from Latin an Greek.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/lang...

So we should pay money to Greece and Italy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57407 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The word, " sceptic, skeptic ", are both English origin. English, whether any one like it or not, started in England.

Loser.

keep crying.

you need your dipper changed?

Poor baby.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57408 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, you already know the answer. Do you know the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and year of your death? If yes, then God does not exist.
The knowledge of man is unlimited compared to that of God, that is why man, to date, are unable to stop the inevitables called, death.
Death is simply defined as the power of God over humans. When it comes to death, humans are just a pack of cards.

You go into these religious rants whenever you are losing (all of the time).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57409 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Intellectuals my foot. There are several scientist that hold on to the bible, as a source of truth. No wonder to date, atheism still remain in the minority.

True. And while doing so they do not deny evolution or any of the other discoveries of science.

you want your cake and to eat it too.

Location hidden

#57410 Nov 7, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that substantially less than 50% of the American population trace back to England.
Just an aside. You can say more stupid things now.
Read for comprehension.
The English Americans are the largest ethnic group in the US and not the German Americans or the Irish Americans.
Most English Americans, prefer the title, Americans. Your percentage or statistics, are wrong.
Sources: Wikipaedia.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57411 Nov 7, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
BBC MICRO - as a kid - 32k ram , good version of BASIC , naff all CPU - still produced one of the best games ever - ELITE - wire frame 3d graphics some 25 years ago - awesome

One of my favoite computers was the Atari ST. It had great graphics (for the day).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#57412 Nov 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Idiotic statements.
Americans don't speak Greek, but English.
You are again, wrong.

You flunked out of stupid school, didn't you?

Greeks own the word skeptic BY ORIGINATION!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,375,770
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min yep 223,137
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 213,302
News Trump looks to unify Republicans after decisive... 12 min serfs up 17
News House Speaker Paul Ryan refuses to back Donald ... 16 min USA today 1
News The Latest: Trump fires back after Ryan withhol... 23 min TheOriginalDoby 14
News Obama Attends Memorial for Grandmother (Dec '08) 33 min Joe Balls 73
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 45 min NTRPRNR1 381,762
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 58 min Lawrence Wolf 2,983
More from around the web