Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205095 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#56221 Nov 1, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Im Guessing Your Eluding To Hitler ?
I Can Understand People Being Skeptics.....The Bible Is Hard To Understand, And Without The Luxury Of Witnessing Miracles, One Could Ignore Ancient Beliefs.
Yet The Idea Of A Creator, Who Made Us In His Image, Then Gave Us Free Will, And Set Us Free To Discover Everything Within Our Reach ? And, Knew From The Beginning The Path We Would Follow?
Giving Us A Guideline To Follow To Be Full And Happy ? But Knowing We Would Finally Reach A Point Where We Needed Him More Then Our Freedom ?
To Me, This Isnt Uncomprehendable. We All Have A Conscience, That Is Our Own Unqiue " Soul " If You Will. The Key To All We Seek Is With-in Each Of Us....We Just Dont Know Yet How To Unlock It.
This Is Much More Understandable To Me, Then The Idea Of Life Without Meaning And A Cold Final Death.
But, To Each His Own.
"The Bible Is Hard To Understand"

See above post.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#56222 Nov 2, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Gas is a scarcity in Philly? Since when?
We've had March thunderstorms do more damage in Philly than what this hurricane did.
I Read 80 Percent Of Stations Were Without Power, Not Able To Pump, And Christy Removed The Law Temporarily To Allow Tankers To Come In From Out Of State To Keep Those Stations Open, Pumping

But, Im Not There, Perhaps You Could Explain The Packs Of Teenagers Attacking, Mugging, And Vandalizing ? I Believe They Are Referred As Wolf Packs....Citizens Barricading Their Doors And Afraid To Come Out ?

But Now, We Have A Reporter On The Ground, What Say You Mister Mouse ?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#56223 Nov 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now "you" are creating and making stuff up.
No, My Freind, This is Called Philosophy......LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#56224 Nov 2, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Crusades?
Inquisition?
Catholic/Protestant wars?
Or has there never been a "True Christian" since the last Apostle died until the US was founded?
None is perfect. To err is human. But that does not mean that, Christianity, founded by Christ, is uncontestable, to date. All religions have had one worst past or the other.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#56225 Nov 2, 2012
Have A Great Day, Time To Go Support The Entitlement Syndicate

Nehwon

#56226 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But truly speaking no body, most especially atheist and pagans, wants to die. So, science is a failure in that aspect or regard.
What's your point about death?

Religions haven't cured that yet either. Many religions have sales pitches for people of what is beyond death. And they use the fear of death as a primary point. Believe or you go to Hell. You've said so yourself.

And the simple fact is you have nothing to back that up than what was written in the Bible. A feel good story that your existence doesn't end at death.

Oh. and one other thing: some people -do- want to die. Dr. Jack Kevorkian demonstrated that with the assisted suicide of terminally ill people in great pain.

Location hidden

#56227 Nov 2, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, considering the multitude of schisms that have occurred in the Christian history, you could put forth an argument that Satan has corrupted all the followers of Jesus into fighting with each other.
If I had to guess as to when that corruption started, I'd say it was with Saul/Paul who never met Jesus, hunted his apostles, took charge of the Jesus cult and put forth a bunch of letters that is an instrumental part of the "teachings" of the New Testament.
But that assumes a super-boogeyman like Satan exists in the first place.
Cult?
Your use of cult under this context, is wrong.
Paul did his best in spreading the gospel of Christ, in the history of Christianity. But truly or sincerely, you are right in a way, no one is really perfect.

Nehwon

#56228 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Which ever directions you are heading to. Abyss( duress) or freewill(freedom)
I'll find out when I get there.

I live my life where I have no problem facing a fair judgement if what you believe will happen.

You present a false dichotomy and assume that is the only two choices. It could be I go back to oblivion like it was before I was born. Or something else entirely could happen.

Nehwon

#56229 Nov 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
It Is My Belief That This Country Was Founded On The Teachings Of Christianity.
As For " True Christians " I Believe No More Then A Hundred Or So Exist. Certainly Not Enough For Wars.....
Those Who Are Able To Keep The Laws, Follow The Holy Days, Walk The Path Jesus Walked, Are Rare And Precious.
" Many Will Come In My Name "
And the country was founded by people who would have remembered the Catholic vs Protestant wars that were waged in Europe.

Ever wonder why Christianity was not formally incorporated into the government structure? Because they saw what happened when a government was determined by religious dogma.

Nehwon

#56230 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far from that, i meant that, they are all under one body, " Religion "...
Hah! one body. As if all the religions were like Christianity.

You don't even bother to understand what other religions are beyond your own. You demonstrated you barely even know your own and its history.

What you were attempting to do is to ostracize atheists as the tiny minority and declare them the enemy. You want to impose your beliefs on everyone else.

Location hidden

#56231 Nov 2, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words were ""Back again to the birds, they can do all sort of things, but they can not fly."
Where in that sentence do you use the word "some"?
<quoted text>
Humans are frequently called apes and they are frequently called great apes, because humans fit the definition of the word "ape" and they fit the definition of the phrase "great ape". The similarities are what determine what fits in that category. That humans can do certain things that other apes or that other great apes cannot do doesn't change the fact that humans *are* apes and that humans *are* great apes.
If you want to refute that, then provide the scientific definition of "ape" or of "great ape" and show how it can't apply to humans. Don't bother with discussing engineering or any other technology, since none of that is relevant to the definition.
With all due apology, i accepted my error, but it was not intentional. But for technology, you can never rule that out.

Nehwon

#56232 Nov 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Everyone On Here Knows Im Married, And Quite Happy About It.
I Merely Was Flirtatious With The Lassie, And Expected Nothing From Her. Some Of Us Are Capable Of Doing This, Are You Not ?
You certainly went from angry zealot to Mr. Smoove "Heyyy, baby. Let's talk. Tell me what you think and I'll respect you in the morning."

And I actually saw a post from you in a fairly readable format. I'll have to bookmark that one...

Nehwon

#56233 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Try the other way, your question is meaningless and out of points.
No. You claimed Buddhism was man made. And since you claim Buddhism and Christianity are synonyms, the logic would be that Christianity is man made.

And following the logic from another of your posts, everything man made is flawed and has errors. Therefore, Christianity has flaws and errors in it.

Nehwon

#56234 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one is really perfect. To err is human. But the bible book and the founder of Christianity, Jesus Christ, are without equals, to date.
That's what the Bible claims. Now the tricky part - why should I believe the Jesus stories are 100 percent true?

After all, the Bible was created by an organization that has a vested interest in saying it's true.

Nehwon

#56235 Nov 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Read 80 Percent Of Stations Were Without Power, Not Able To Pump, And Christy Removed The Law Temporarily To Allow Tankers To Come In From Out Of State To Keep Those Stations Open, Pumping
But, Im Not There, Perhaps You Could Explain The Packs Of Teenagers Attacking, Mugging, And Vandalizing ? I Believe They Are Referred As Wolf Packs....Citizens Barricading Their Doors And Afraid To Come Out ?
But Now, We Have A Reporter On The Ground, What Say You Mister Mouse ?
As for the refinery bit, some were shut down but hasn't really made an impact yet. And they'll be back up and running soon if they already aren't.

As for the packs of teenagers and citizens barricading their doors? Huh? Where are you getting this information?

For the most part, it's business as usual in Philadelphia with some local pockets where the power is still being worked on.

The biggest damage from the hurricane came from the storm surge and high tide hitting at the same time. It's the coastal areas that got whacked.

Nehwon

#56236 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> None is perfect. To err is human. But that does not mean that, Christianity, founded by Christ, is uncontestable, to date. All religions have had one worst past or the other.
I take it you have never read the debates about the historical christ and the mythical christ. So it's not "uncontestable."
2 posts removed

Nehwon

#56239 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Cult?
Your use of cult under this context, is wrong.
Paul did his best in spreading the gospel of Christ, in the history of Christianity. But truly or sincerely, you are right in a way, no one is really perfect.
Early Christianity was a cult.

Take a look at Acts Chapter 5 and the story of Ananias and Sapphira.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#56240 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, why is it called the theory of natural selection, instead of the mechanism of natural selection.
There is a theory that explains it, like evolution, computers, aerodynamics, gravity, cells ... etc. But natural selection is a mechanism, it influences other events, it's one of the largest influencing events on the results of evolution.

Sheesh, it's like explaining quantum physics to a toddler.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#56241 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Going by your judgement, if an Islamic nation, just like the US and USSR are the world dominant power, you would have been in a total mess. Christianity is a religion of tolerance unlike Islam.
Are you insane? Just completely brain washed? Or deliberately blind to facts? My choice would be a mixture of all three. You rely too much on the Bush government promoted media hatred to be objective.

Islam and Christianity are more or less the same, worship the same god, hold the same beliefs, more or less the same OT. Only the prophet is different and although there is actual evidence for Muhammad existing, there is no evidence for Jesus existing as depicted in the babble.

As for the assumed aggression of Islam, A Muslim once told me when I asked about that very subject. When western invaders stop stealing from us, killing our boys and raping our girls then reprisals will stop. Tell me how many Muslims patrol the streets of New York or San Francisco in full battle armour and armed with fully automatic weapons? Now go to more or less any oil producing Muslim country and tell me how many so armed American soldiers you see.

Ahh you mean Torrance like “You will believe what I believe or god will get you”, that kind of tolerance that has led to so many schisms in the christian church that there are now over 38000 different sects. Right, now I understand.

Although my best friend is a devout christian with the strength of belief to earn a degree in theology the only people who have ever hurt me are christians. The only people who have tried to kill me (albeit incidentally) were christian, the only people who have tried to kill my children are christian. That sort of christian tolerance I can do without thank you.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#56242 Nov 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In your imagination.
No - in fact.

Your deliberate ignorance to fact is not an excuse

Tell me do you consider DNA to be reliable enough to commit a suspected murderer?

Nuf said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Cornelius Scudmister 239,589
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min Surgit Tempestas 7,869
News What Should We Call This Kind of Presidential C... 5 min Denny CranesPlace 4
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Big C 15,992
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Notliz 1,419,389
News Newt for Veep: a oeWild speculationa 13 min Denny CranesPlace 388
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min Brian_G 393,302
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 1 hr Ronald 56
More from around the web