Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168467 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#53005 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English, which every one knows as a language, is under the faculty of Arts.

Maybe "faculty of Arts" means something in your country. In colleges in the U.S. English is its own department. Maybe you study it under Language, or Liberal Arts or "faculty of Arts" (whatever that is).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53006 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why is Mathematics compulsory at basic or " o" level?
Before one can become an engineer or any scientist and social scientist, he or she needs Mathematics, why?

Math is the language of those fields. It is how information is communicated.
Anonymous

London, UK

#53007 Oct 16, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
HA ha Ha hA HA ha Ha hA HA ha Ha hA HA ha Ha hA HA ha Ha hA.
Now England is a linguistic squid.
I would like to put Charles up against Ryan from the other forum for an undisputed, patron saint of Stupid, dual-to-the-death, cage match. We could get Dunning and Kruger to officiate it.
English, the biggest language the world has ever known.
German, the smallest language of any major European nation, that no obe in the world speaks, or would ever want or need to speak, game over

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53008 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you insulting your self?
I am a teacher and love doing the job. Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Management sciences and Computer studies are some of my favourites. Boy, what do you do for a living?

Sorry, but you are not knowledgeable enough to teach at a competitive kindergarten in the U.S. And the U.S. SUCKS at education.

Maybe you are smarter in your native language.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53009 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> He can never say no to the truth.
The truth can never be denied.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it that you do not know when you are being mocked.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53010 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Say that again, but this time in English.

That was English. Not surprising that you do not recognize it.

At least you constructed a functional sentence this time. You even used a comma correctly. Amazing.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53011 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Creation and evolution, let's keep the order straight. One causes the other.
Boy, there's just no topic you can't talk crud on is there?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#53012 Oct 16, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are not knowledgeable enough to teach at a competitive kindergarten in the U.S. And the U.S. SUCKS at education.
Maybe you are smarter in your native language.
I presume you really have a problem...

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#53013 Oct 16, 2012
OLD HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>Our Creator is a Spirit and in the beginning he moved upon the face of the deep and water was first created, then his voice said Let there be light and there was light. This is The beginning of all things and how it happened, we do not read of any other creator or any other beginning. We read that God is like a father and he so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son to give us everlasting life and this is the purpose for our being here now, to choose this day who we will serve and where we will spend eternity. There is a place that is prepared for the spirit of sin which is the devil and his angels and it is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched. God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that awfull place and depart from him; and every person will be judged from what is in their heart and if they have rejected the truth that is in the word of God and chose the lie of the devil. Believe in Jesus and you shall be saved.
No such being..Sorry no facts and no proof...The buybull and your religion are just hate filled bigoted anti-fact cults.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

UK

#53014 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be bored, Frank.
Two parrellel lines can never meet, unless a transverse line(agreement) is drawn...
I am bored no don't respond with anything you just state what you believe and leave it at that. So a guess this is over (as if it ever began).
New challenger to the ring...

"I have noticed that Charles and HTS haven't provided any evidence for creation (as far as I can see I been distracted at late so if you have give me the post numbers) and as well as responses to counter argument’s (same as before post numbers please) so I've decided to stop trying to defend evolution for a short while and instead attack Christian creation, my attack divided into three categories; scientific empirical things that creation cannot take into account for, philosophical nonempirical issues that are raised by Christian creation and hybrids empirical data that raises nonempirical issues (I know it may not be very clear but it should be a bit clearer after I have gotten into some examples).

Scientific
The nerve going from the brain to the voice box goes past the heart to get the voice box which is strange because the distance between the two is very small at least a few inches and humans and a few feet in giraffes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrentlarynge... . This is important as God knows how much “wiring” it needs so why the waste? It just adds to be likelihood of problems occurring like cancer spreading into the nerve this is not the sort of thing one should expect from God.

Philosophical
How did things go wrong in the Garden of Eden the first place? Surely if God is perfect then one would expect nothing but perfection in what it creates, or at least follow its idea of perfection and God considers doubt and temptation to disobey a bad thing so why did the temptation exist?

Hybrid Neanderthal burial grounds, Neanderthals were a different species than modern man but more importantly the way the burial grounds were set out in its religious like way showing the universe wasn't just for us because there were other sentient creatures. http://news.discovery.com/history/neanderthal... round-afterlife-11 0420.html Of course that assumes God is good and if it were not so ethical and really did make universe with us in mind then that would mean he would have created two sentient species just to destroy one them, let's not even go into the size of the universe the immensity of it shows how silly it is to say it was made for us this does the job brilliantly better even, besides we have to make up for lost time that should in an ideal world have been spent mourning the loss of our fellow travellers, trying to find out what the like and how they ended."
Lets see what you can do.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#53015 Oct 16, 2012
NEW SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES PROVE DARWIN WAS WRONG

Researchers in genetics and embryology are learning something new every day. The more they learn, the more obvious it becomes that it is impossible for humans to have evolved from apes.

We wish to reiterate and emphasize that this website will inform you about the latest scientific discoveries based on peer reviewed research papers published in the most respected scientific journals.

For purposes of clarity and ease of writing, on this website, we will use the term "Darwin Busters" to refer to scientific evidence that strongly contradict "ape to human evolution" theory.

Since 2001, many scientists conducting research in genetics and embryology have discovered more than just a few Darwin Busters.

Here are four Darwin Busters:

Darwin Buster One: Darwinians have been dead wrong whenever they have claimed that the "genetic matter of ape and humans is 98% identical." The ape and human chromosomes are remarkably divergent and too different for "ape to human evolution" theory to adequately explain. For example, the human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.

http://darwinconspiracy.com/

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#53016 Oct 16, 2012
Now zombie DNA is a remarkable match to human...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#53017 Oct 16, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is the language of those fields. It is how information is communicated.
You didnot address the comments.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#53018 Oct 16, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Researchers in genetics and embryology are learning something new every day. The more they learn, the more obvious it becomes that it is impossible for humans to have evolved from apes.
We wish to reiterate and emphasize that this website will inform you about the latest scientific discoveries based on peer reviewed research papers published in the most respected scientific journals.
For purposes of clarity and ease of writing, on this website, we will use the term "Darwin Busters" to refer to scientific evidence that strongly contradict "ape to human evolution" theory.
Since 2001, many scientists conducting research in genetics and embryology have discovered more than just a few Darwin Busters.
Darwin Buster One: Darwinians have been dead wrong whenever they have claimed that the "genetic matter of ape and humans is 98% identical." The ape and human chromosomes are remarkably divergent and too different for "ape to human evolution" theory to adequately explain. For example, the human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.
So... instead of refusing to provide links, you're directing us to a site with no links.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53019 Oct 16, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Except they don't. A quick look at their links page shows numerous linkys to various creationist websites, some even of the Young Earth variety. They even say: "If you are a person of FAITH who has always known in your heart that Darwin was wrong, the revelations on this website will help you to know with certainty that you were right all along, and that Darwin was wrong all along." (emphasis mine)

Yet they contradict themselves on their homepage: "Nothing we write on this website is based on the Bible or any other religious books." But then go on to say: "But we are persons of faith and proud of it. In fact, we have no doubt we are better scientists because we embrace Divine Providence"

When the fundies openly lie and contradict themselves on page one, then you have a serious problem.
Knightmare wrote:
Yet they contradict themselves on their hom
Actually humans and apes DO have 98% similarity in their genes. All the nonsense they babble on about unfortunately rests on one assertion - that there is no system for generating new genes. When in fact there is:

http://www.topix.com/forum/tech/TCTDUMIJ55H2B...

Your pals are engaged in a denial of reality in the hope it will go away.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53020 Oct 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You didnot address the comments.
You don't address anything, so why the hypocrisy? Oh yeah, that's right - you're a fundie.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#53021 Oct 16, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is where the hypocrisy begins.
1. How do you explain "God"? Certainly not with empirical evidence. Certainly not through a common shared private experience experience among believers.
2. Assuming that there IS some private event, why shouldn't people be indignant? For no conceivable reason, your "God" is rejecting those who engage in rational behavior in favor of those who trust in "voices in their head" delusions. Many people consider that a sign of mental instability or pathological lying.
Now I'll be the first to place a very real value in the dreams. But you have to be hard wired to play them back in context. Once again, this is a personal theory so I can't provide evidence any more than you can. Nomadic peoples from pre-urban times are far better suited to digest complex problems in their sleep. Urban, socially evolved people are far more interested in instant gratification and really have no awareness as to what is internal and what is a path laid out by external elements.
What can you say to convince me that you're not being duped by the shaman or the mass-media or the government in an ugly big-brother world of aristocrats, propaganda/policy wonks, and corporations in a perpetual state of blind ambition?
The key here is "the message". With all of the different religions out there, why should I consider your faith any better than the one they're selling over at Joe's Diner? This is where I really am not going to feel the slightest guilt at your accusations. What do Christians offer me? I believe it goes something like: "If you work hard for the boss man, keep your mouth shut and raise a large family of minimum wage workers without whining, and give a lot of your money to the shaman, when you DIE, YOU will go to HEAVEN!"
You just can't see how silly that sounds! Obviously, being part of the herd is FAR more important to you than it is to us. So be it. But in this forum, you're addressing us non-believers. We define respect quite differently than you do.
Im Not Calling You Names.....You Assume I Want or Need To Convince You..?? This Is Your Misunderstanding.

I Do Not Care If You Believe Or Not, I Simply Point Out The Hypocrisy In which You And Others Display, While Pretending Science Holds This Answer.

I Can Say That I Understand Your Skepticism...Mainly Because Of The Many Different Points Of Religious Views. Mine Is Not Connected To Any Organized Religion, But Instead To My Personal Understanding Of The Written Text And Personal Experiences.

What Joe Teaches Or Muhammad Is Irrelevant To Me Because I Know That Lucifer Is Playing This World Like A Fiddle And Deceiving Even The Most Elite. I Must Trust In Myself And Ignore Those Who Would Deceive Me.

So, In Closing, You Have Every Right To Be Skeptical And Believe As You Wish, I Do Not Want To Convert Or Embolden Your Beliefs. i Wish Merely To Be Left Alone To Worship As I Please And Not Be Bullied By Those Who Wish To Change Americas Traditions.

Have A Very Atheistly Day....LOL

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#53022 Oct 16, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Just one more attempt to sway the public. These 'Liars for Jesus' make me sick.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53023 Oct 16, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Im Not Calling You Names.....You Assume I Want or Need To Convince You..?? This Is Your Misunderstanding.
No, you want and need validation for your beliefs, which is why you come here to remind yourself that as long as infidels exist then, just like the Bible says, that means you MUST be right!

Doesn't matter that you can't back yourself up.(shrug)
wolverine wrote:
I Do Not Care If You Believe Or Not, I Simply Point Out The Hypocrisy In which You And Others Display, While Pretending Science Holds This Answer.
Actually you accuse others of hypocrisy, while we *demonstrate* yours. Which is why you ignore what science CAN answer, as you find reality too theologically distasteful.
wolverine wrote:
I Can Say That I Understand Your Skepticism...Mainly Because Of The Many Different Points Of Religious Views. Mine Is Not Connected To Any Organized Religion, But Instead To My Personal Understanding Of The Written Text And Personal Experiences.
Yes, we agree your baseless religious opinions are irrelevant.
wolverine wrote:
What Joe Teaches Or Muhammad Is Irrelevant To Me Because I Know That Lucifer Is Playing This World Like A Fiddle And Deceiving Even The Most Elite. I Must Trust In Myself And Ignore Those Who Would Deceive Me.
And of course you KNOW how to make sure Satan doesn't get to you!
wolverine wrote:
So, In Closing, You Have Every Right To Be Skeptical And Believe As You Wish,
And you have every right to be ignorant. But you DON'T have the right to force your ignorance onto kids that aren't yours.
wolverine wrote:
I Do Not Want To Convert Or Embolden Your Beliefs. i Wish Merely To Be Left Alone To Worship As I Please And Not Be Bullied By Those Who Wish To Change Americas Traditions.
Have A Very Atheistly Day....LOL
You are free to worship as you please, and no-one can stop you. However those who wish to change America's traditions are the fundies who are attempting to teach Biblical creationism in public school science classes, which is not only MONUMENTALLY stupid, but a violation of the Constitution on which the country of the United States was found, along with the principles founded upon therewith: Freedom and self-determination.

But traitors such as those don't worry you too much as their theological opinions are close enough to yours that you will let them off.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53024 Oct 16, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more attempt to sway the public. These 'Liars for Jesus' make me sick.
Lying for Jesus doesn't make creationists sick. In fact it fills them with great joy! Does it still make Jesus cry? Who cares! The ends justify the means!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 191,808
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,249,971
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 13 min Ms DP 1,786
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 min The_Box 9,153
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 19 min Will Dockery 91
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 19 min Poof1 60,497
News Obama proposal would make 5 million more eligib... 28 min Silly Pride 10
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 43 min Le Jimbo 214
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 57 min serfs up 377
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 185,906
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 332,264
More from around the web