Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201712 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#51713 Oct 10, 2012
When I was five years old I asked god for a wagon. I got nothing.

A week before christmas I wrote santa claus a letter asking for a wagon. Christmas morning I found a wagon under the tree.

Maybe you folks are worshipping the wrong guy.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#51714 Oct 10, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are actually close to being correct. Mathematics is the language of science, but it is not a field of science.
Wrong!!!
Instead, science uses the tools of Mathematics, to solve their compounded problems.
This makes Mathematics, to be an important subject of discipline in schools.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51715 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Evolution isn't science, its a religion and you are a disciple of its bigotry.
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
Spambot!

Location hidden

#51716 Oct 10, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is irrelevant. We still demonstrated he did not understand physics and was therefore incorrect.
That is not true.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#51717 Oct 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to say something, but I figured it was unique and therefore kept my fingers still.
Oh, i†'s not difficul†.

Funny, one time, bu†...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51718 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>To you, mathematics is not science but to reality, it is.
No, science is the study of the natural world. Mathematics regularly indulges in abstractions and unreal numbers. Mathematics assists with the study of science but it's an independent field.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51719 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not true.
What is not true? Why isn't it true?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#51720 Oct 10, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally wrong ( uneducated babble )
"Microevolution happens on a small scale (within a single population), while macroevolution happens on a scale that transcends the boundaries of a single species. Despite their differences, evolution at both of these levels relies on the same, established mechanisms of evolutionary change:"
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...
It's called believing in what is advantageous to you and dsimissing that which is not. That means you throw away anything you think disagrees with your belief system unless it keeps you from having flu or a bone-marrow transplant for certain types of cancer. That kind of evolution study is just fine. It's just that thing that disagrees with humans being poofed into existence by a deity who made humans of mud etc.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51721 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
What is wrong? Why is it wrong?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#51722 Oct 10, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, i†'s not difficul†.
Funny, one time, bu†...
I agree.

Location hidden

#51723 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nonsense in your site, but that is the truth...
Without proper understanding of human behaviour( Economics, Anthropology etc) and the environment( Geography), physical or chemical sciences, are useless.
Typo Error:
I meant, sight and not site.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#51724 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
Any more questions fool? You show you are a liar by the way that you ask "questions". Also as usual you are wrong. Countless inventions could not exist without theory. Perhaps you have never heard of a man named Michael Faraday and his theories. If you use anything electronic you use things that rely on theories. Your continual denial of theories only reinforces the fact that you are incredibly under educated when it comes to science. You seem to have no idea what a scientific theory is. Nor will you ever have any idea of how to use them.
Of Course...You Must Be Right.....I Actually Own A Few Faraday Boxes....And Believe Tesla To Be The Best Scientist/Inventor This Countries Ever Seen.

But Thanks For Presumming...Its Shows Your Ignorance And Bias.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51725 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion designed not to seek truth but to destroy faith.
The problem with the religion of evolution is that its sole purpose is to disprove what cannot be disproved by proving what cannot be proved.
The religion of evolution is its own worst enemy.
P.S
Those who say that creationists are in denial of science, have no idea that they are the biggest supporters of science.
Anyone who can create a universe has got to be the greatest scientist there ever was or ever will be.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Spambot!

A little lengthier than most, but still just a sound bite to generate smug pride over completely unsupportable claims.

Location hidden

#51726 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, science is the study of the natural world. Mathematics regularly indulges in abstractions and unreal numbers. Mathematics assists with the study of science but it's an independent field.
Wrong!
A simple and truthful analogy, science can never do without Mathematics. But Mathematics can do without science. Period.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51727 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not threatened by anything.
In fact, I think its funny to watch you people play with bones and give them attributes they never had.
LOL
"Stuff's gettin better"
Spambot!

Location hidden

#51728 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong? Why is it wrong?
No concrete proof to date, confirming that, humans evolved from apes. We are only hearing guesses and projections, which are unethical.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#51729 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
A simple and truthful analogy, science can never do without Mathematics. But Mathematics can do without science. Period.
A simple and truthful analogy,The world can do without Charles Idemi.
But Charles Idemi cant do without the world.

wolverine

Greeley, CO

#51730 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spambot!
A little lengthier than most, but still just a sound bite to generate smug pride over completely unsupportable claims.
Spambot!
A little lengthier than most, but still just a sound bite to generate smug pride over completely unprovable claims
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#51731 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Yet, Math Must Work Out And Prove Itself To Be Considered Math....Even Though I Find Much Of it Overboard....LOL

Science Doesnt Have To Work out Or Be Provable
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#51732 Oct 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to say something, but I figured it was unique and therefore kept my fingers still.
Thats Scary.....A Woman Sitting Idle, Strikes Fear In Me....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Brian_G 60,665
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Just Think 14,987
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,405,649
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Brian_G 391,568
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min District 1 219,716
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... 24 min God bless the USA 13
News New York AG refuses to comply with U.S. House s... 41 min haha 10
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Bakker 5,696
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 233,550
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 11 hr LoveTRUMPHate 86
More from around the web