Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,470)

Showing posts 49,381 - 49,400 of112,019
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathematics is not a science.
It does not use the scientific method.
It's a tool that science can't function without.

Leave my grammar alone.:p

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I think something is really wrong with you...
Evolution from apes to humans, is a farce( failure)..
Read again what i wrote.
So we are family, ancient concestors.
And they most probably split of from us.
Just as the pan family and later hominids.

So none here understands why you keep repeating that evolution from apes (as in the great apes) to humans, is wrong/a farce/failure.
None stated that a gorilla was suddeny going to give birth to a human or ever did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evolution is the handiwork of God. Evolution of humans from apes to date, are baseless and un Godly...
What is it with you?
You have been shown various sites (that might have been too far a stretch for your understanding) and we talked about bllodgroups and chromosome 2 and the concept of concestors as well as epigenetic oncogenic methylation.
So ape and human were concestor before they split. And later we find other concestors as in the hominina (or simply hominids) that also split of and being not that different from us to stand totally in the way of reproduction.
Homo sapience is pretty good at acquiring extra genes, so if you are not talking in terms of proven concestery you could say that ape and hominids split from what eventually became homo sapience.

Small gradual changes.

Today i read a statement by Liam R that christians can not believe in all the bible says, but that they are cafetaria believers, they have to pick and choose.

Well the same does not go for evolution. Science will correct premisses, till we get at the bottom of it all. The full menu or nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Reminds me of a prayer I was taught years ago, "Help me to discover Thy truth, O Lord, and preserve me from those who have already found it"

AMEN!!!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How ?

"Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Mathematics is not a science. It does not use the scientific method.
nanoanomaly wrote:
It's a tool that science can't function without.
So? That wasn't the issue.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
Mathematics is not a science. It does not use the scientific method.
<quoted text>
So? That wasn't the issue.
No?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

xD
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee bo, what a serious case of projection ya got goin' on thar.
Ahh the Dude, always rushing to the defense of his religion answering every post whether it was to him or not. A pure Pharisee of the evolutionist puddle goo crowd attempting to stamp out the heresy of oppostion to his beloved goo.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh the Dude, always rushing to the defense of his religion answering every post whether it was to him or not.
This is an open internet forum.

Anyone can respond to anyone else's post, whether they are the addressee or not. Heck, YOU'VE done it plenty of times.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>A pure Pharisee of the evolutionist puddle goo crowd attempting to stamp out the heresy of oppostion to his beloved goo.
150+ years after it's introduction, there is NO, repeat, NO scientific opposition to the Theory of Evolution.

The ONLY people who have a problem with the ToE are bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE cultists like you who don't like the ToE because it demonstrates how childishly stupid your "holy science textbook" is.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

I feel the need to post this again.

I have noticed that Charles and HTS haven't provided any evidence for creation (as far as I can see I been distracted at late so if you have give me the post numbers) and as well as responses to counter arguments (same as before post numbers please) so I've decided to stop trying to defend evolution for a short while and instead attack Christian creation, my attack divided into three categories; scientific empirical things that creation cannot take into account for, philosophical nonempirical issues that are raised by Christian creation and hybrids empirical data that raises nonempirical issues (I know it may not be very clear but it should be a bit clearer after I have gotten into some examples).

Scientific
The nerve going from the brain to the voice box goes past the heart to get the voice box which is strange because the distance between the two is very small at least a few inches and humans and a few feet in giraffes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrentlarynge... . This is important as God knows how much wiring it needs so why the waste? It just adds to be likelihood of problems occurring like cancer spreading into the nerve this is not the sort of thing one should expect from God.

Philosophical
How did things go wrong in the Garden of Eden the first place? Surely if God is perfect then one would expect nothing but perfection in what it creates, or at least follow its idea of perfection and God considers doubt and temptation to disobey a bad thing so why did the temptation exist?

Hybrid Neanderthal burial grounds, Neanderthals were a different species than modern man but more importantly the way the burial grounds were set out in its religious like way showing the universe wasn't just for us because there were other sentient creatures. http://news.discovery.com/history/neanderthal... round-afterlife-11 0420.html Of course that assumes God is good and if it were not so ethical and really did make universe with us in mind then that would mean he would have created two sentient species just to destroy one them, let's not even go into the size of the universe the immensity of it shows how silly it is to say it was made for us this does the job brilliantly better even, besides we have to make up for lost time that should in an ideal world have been spent mourning the loss of our fellow travellers, trying to find out what the like and how they ended.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Never Agreed To Help You....Nor Am I A Rabbi, Pastor, Or Clergyman. If You Dont Have Enough Sense To See The Reality Around You, It Is Obvious You Will Not Accept " Help "
Reality? You really want to talk about reality?

We're not the ones who believe in people being poofed into existence out of a pile of dirt or magic fruit or talking snakes or angels and demons or giants and unicorns or satyrs and cockatrices or witches and witches or the sun standing still in the sky so that one tribe of goat herders can more efficiently slaughter another tribe of goat herders or a man living in a fishes belly for three days or ...

No worries though. Most everyone else in the world outside of your bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE cult think you guys (and your close allies and brethren, the radical, fundamentalist muslims) are beyond help anyways.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Peddle Your Atheist Assertions On Those Who Would Listen.
BILLIONS of Hindus, Buddhists, Confucianists, Daoists, Shinto, Sikhs, Pagans, Wiccans, agnostics, etc. are also interested in your evidence for YOUR "god". It isn't just the atheists.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I think something is really wrong with you...
Evolution from apes to humans, is a farce( failure)..
Sorry Charlie....it's a fact.

I expect your Christian sect to not believe, but it IS fact.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Evolution is a religion designed not to seek truth but to destroy faith.
The problem with the religion of evolution is that its sole purpose is to disprove what cannot be disproved by proving what cannot be proved.

The religion of evolution is its own worst enemy.

P.S
Those who say that creationists are in denial of science, have no idea that they are the biggest supporters of science.
Anyone who can create a universe has got to be the greatest scientist there ever was or ever will be.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Anyone see this yet?

http://phys.org/news/2012-10-complex-brains-e...

Complex brains evolved much earlier than previously thought, as evidenced by a 520-million year old fossilized arthropod with remarkably well-preserved brain structures. Representing the earliest specimen to show a brain, the fossil provides a "missing link" that sheds light on the evolutionary history of arthropods, the taxonomic group that comprises crustaceans, arachnids and insects.

The remarkably well-preserved fossil of an extinct arthropod shows that anatomically complex brains evolved earlier than previously thought and have changed little over the course of evolution. According to University of Arizona neurobiologist Nicholas Strausfeld, who co-authored the study describing the specimen, the fossil is the earliest known to show a brain.

The discovery will be published in the Oct. 11 issue of the journal Nature.

Embedded in mudstones deposited during the Cambrian period 520 million years ago in what today is the Yunnan Province in China, the approximately 3-inch-long fossil, which belongs to the species Fuxianhuia protensa, represents an extinct lineage of arthropods combining an advanced brain anatomy with a primitive body plan.

The fossil provides a "missing link" that sheds light on the evolutionary history of arthropods, the taxonomic group that comprises crustaceans, arachnids and insects.

The researchers call their find "a transformative discovery" that could resolve a long-standing debate about how and when complex brains evolved.

"No one expected such an advanced brain would have evolved so early in the history of multicellular animals," said Strausfeld, a Regents Professor in the UA department of neuroscience.

According to Strausfeld, paleontologists and evolutionary biologists have yet to agree on exactly how arthropods evolved, especially on what the common ancestor looked like that gave rise to insects.

"There has been a very long debate about the origin of insects," Strausfeld said, adding that until now, scientists have favored one of two scenarios.

Some believe that insects evolved from the an ancestor that gave rise to the malacostracans, a group of crustaceans that include crabs and shrimp, while others point to a lineage of less commonly known crustaceans called branchiopods, which include, for example, brine shrimp.

<<More at link above>>
2 posts removed
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh the Dude, always rushing to the defense of his religion answering every post whether it was to him or not. A pure Pharisee of the evolutionist puddle goo crowd attempting to stamp out the heresy of oppostion to his beloved goo.
On the contrary, I'm giving you fundies every opportunity to post something with substance. Twelve months this thread has been going on and you've all avoided it like the plague.(shrug)
10 posts removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homininae

Just to get in in my head.
Better yet if some here would come to terms with it.
Then we could move on(move back :))

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion designed not to seek truth but to destroy faith.
Science, including the Theory of Evolution, presents and explains known and observed facts of the natural world.

And if your "faith" is so threatened by the facts being shown, than your faith is pretty damn weak.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
woofy is without a clue, as usual. First off there is only one side that can be shown to regularly lie on this forum and that is the creationist side. We have shown so many times over that your side lies that it is laughable whenever any creationist talks about the truth.
Second science and technology beats faith all of the time and you are a hypocrite for using the results of that technology and then claiming faith could do better. We have gone over this before woofy and you lost then and you will lose again with the exact same argument.
Doesn't your side have anything new? Ever!!??
Wrong, As Usual.

Can Science Explain What Gravity Is ?
Can It Explain Emotions ?
Can It Explain Conscienceness ?
Can It Explain Feelings ?
Can It Explain Loneliness ?
Can It Explain Hate ?

You See Dweebscicle....They Can Theorize About It....But Nothing Other Then That.

Yes, Sciences Inventions Are Great And Amazing....But Those Are Seperate From Theory.

I And Most Everyone Applaud The Inventors, And Some Of Them Used Theory To Begin With. But, They Excelled Beyond Theory, And Actually Produced Something Of Value. Your Religion Merely Relies On Theory Without Producing Anything Provable.
And Has A Cult Following Of Foot Soldiers.....Hmmm

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Science, including the Theory of Evolution, presents and explains known and observed facts of the natural world.

And if your "faith" is so threatened by the facts being shown, than your faith is pretty damn weak.
"Then"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,381 - 49,400 of112,019
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••