Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#49458 Sep 29, 2012
Are the Harry Potter books fiction or non-fiction?
<quoted text>
Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If you don't answer mine, how am i going to answer yours.
You don't know whether the Harry Potter books are fiction or non-fiction? You can't answer that question without a discussion of individuals from the Bible?

Tampa, FL

#49459 Sep 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
" Singular subject, must go with singular verbs and plural subject, must go with plural verbs".
What is your problem?
That you don't understand that basic rule of English.
bohart

Newport, TN

#49460 Sep 29, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this again, it is getting too late for me.
You were comparing my scientifically based predictions to political predictions. Political predictions are wrong most of the time when they predict a positive result. Scientific predictions are wrong most of the time when they predict a negative result. I was predicting a positive result using scientific predictions. Most of the time those sorts of predictions come true.
All right lets try this again, Westmoreland was not making political predictions he was lying! As are you when you talk of abiogenesis ,what I posted has nothing to do with politics or science it had to do with the use of the tactics of lying.

Tampa, FL

#49461 Sep 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
Maybe you could provide the link to the post where Drew said philosophy is unimportant. I seem to have missed that.
Yeah, I missed it too.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that Charles has completely confused the name of a degree (PhD) with the discipline of philosophy. I suppose he thinks that all people with a bachelor's degree must be unmarried males.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

UK

#49462 Sep 29, 2012
Charles! Where are you Charles! Why havenít you responded? I canít find a response at all so I apologise in advance if you have but I have to askÖ your not running away Charles are you? The fact you seem to running away means I got you so you canít run away so just responded and get it over with.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#49463 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
From Merriam-Webster: "a discipline comprising as its core logic, aesthetics, ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology"
<quoted text>
That I'm talking to someone who doesn't read English.
<quoted text>
I just said.
From Merriam-Webster: "a discipline comprising as its core logic, aesthetics, ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology"
Do you see the word "science" in that definition?
The branches of philosophy as a course of study.

Tampa, FL

#49464 Sep 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
No one said humans were apes.
Actually, a lot of us say that, including many modern biologists. Humans are a type of great ape, just as they are a type of ape, a type of primate, a type of mammal, a type of vertebrate, a type of animal, and a type of living organism.
1 post removed

Tampa, FL

#49466 Sep 29, 2012
Tinka wrote:
Native Tong is German-European
I'm pretty sure that the Tongs were Chinese.

Location hidden

#49467 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't "belong" to anyone. It is *used* by whoever wants to use it.
It belongs to those that originated it.

Tampa, FL

#49468 Sep 29, 2012
Buildme_up wrote:
I guess a big bang just cause everything to be perfectly put in place
Everything is "perfectly put in place"? According to whom?
Buildme_up wrote:
I guess the sun was just created out of nowhere, so were the planets, the stars, the earth we live on.
No, the Sun (which is a star) and the other stars were created from the collapse of a mostly hydrogen-helium molecular cloud.

And the Earth (which is a planet) and the other planets were created from the protoplanetary disk that revolved around the Sun.
Buildme_up wrote:
The funny thing is that only in the west they try to seperate religion from science.. In the days of the egyptians everything was interlocked, and they excelled as a great society even better than ours in many ways
Yeah, all that slavery they had, for instance.

Tampa, FL

#49469 Sep 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The branches of philosophy as a course of study.

Yes or no?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#49470 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That you don't understand that basic rule of English.
I've already reported him to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Commas.

Location hidden

#49471 Sep 29, 2012
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
Charles! Where are you Charles! Why havenít you responded? I canít find a response at all so I apologise in advance if you have but I have to askÖ your not running away Charles are you? The fact you seem to running away means I got you so you canít run away so just responded and get it over with.
Running from what?

Tampa, FL

#49472 Sep 29, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
I've already reported him to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Commas.
Not to mention subject-verb agreement.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#49473 Sep 29, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
All right lets try this again, Westmoreland was not making political predictions he was lying! As are you when you talk of abiogenesis ,what I posted has nothing to do with politics or science it had to do with the use of the tactics of lying.
You really are not too aware of what was going on in Vietnam are you? The Vietnam war was both internal and external. Also you claimed he was lying. Prove it! The fact that the war was ultimately lost does not prove that. That reflects more our own lack of commitment than anything else. For example the Tet offensive was a huge loss by the north but a turning point for us. It made the U.S. realize it was a more serious war than most realized and they found they did not have the stomach for it.

So again, he was making political predictions. You may call that a lie. I am making scientific predictions. Scientific predictions have a much better "batting average" than political predictions. Or do you believe all of the promises that presidential candidates make?

Location hidden

#49474 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I missed it too.
But I have a sneaking suspicion that Charles has completely confused the name of a degree (PhD) with the discipline of philosophy. I suppose he thinks that all people with a bachelor's degree must be unmarried males.
PhD, is doctor of doctor of philosophy.

Location hidden

#49475 Sep 29, 2012
I meant, doctor of Philosophy( PhD).

Tampa, FL

#49476 Sep 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
PhD, is doctor of doctor of philosophy.
Which has nothing to do with philosophy as a discipline.

Just as a bachelor's degree is given to women and to married males.

Location hidden

#49477 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Do you have a Chromosome 2?
Yes or no? If you won't answer, I'll keep asking.
<quoted text>
I've answered yours.
Now answer mine. Do you have a Chromosome 2? Yes or no?
All humans, may or may not have it, if it exist, it is a result of creation.

Location hidden

#49478 Sep 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Are the Harry Potter books fiction or non-fiction?
<quoted text>
Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.
<quoted text>
You don't know whether the Harry Potter books are fiction or non-fiction? You can't answer that question without a discussion of individuals from the Bible?
The main character of Harry Potter's real name is not Harry Potter, because it is fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sunday Talk Preview: Drone Strikes, Same-Sex Ma... 2 min Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... 2 min Black Annie 58
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,220,036
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ari son of Anarchy 179,086
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Fed Up Again 324,324
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 5 min Ralph 142
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Pearl Jam 309,672
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 16 min barefoot2626 88
More from around the web