Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209489 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#48451 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet in Germany, the nation's official language, is not English but GERMAN.
(thinking quietly to himself: INTERCOURSE the English!!)

Our hero has just entered the room where he suddenly casts his eyes on a hideous thing! It's an evil brain eating monster created by his arch-nemesis, the Fuller Brush Shaman!!

No time to think, he says to himself! Must act now to stop it from sucking all ideas out of the building. "Must throw my hyperbole-o-rang at the ceiling, causing the chandelier to come down on his evangelical carapace! Must swoop in and use my secret judo moves to disable the disemboweling whips from the beast's judgement wielding tail."

It was all in vain! The villainous hell-spawn scurried away into the shadows, and blocked our hero's advances with his spell of the Useless Bible lore. He was foiled, sent back to the front desk where the librarian testily asked him for the author's full name and date of publication.

He left the building and went back to his original quest to find the Amulet of Disambiguation, vowing to return and purge the archives of that foul hell-spawn.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#48452 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet in Germany, the nation's official language, is not English but GERMAN.

Entirely missing the point again.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#48453 Sep 26, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Physics is a science.
Philosophy and metaphysics are not.(Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy.)
<quoted text>
Since philosophy is not a science, on what basis did you doubt my comments?
Philosophy is a ?

Location hidden

#48454 Sep 26, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Nope. Nobody owns a language. Even if they originate it.
<quoted text>
Nope. Fact. If you want to try to refute it, provide an example where someone took someone else to court for speaking a language that they "owned".
My position's ever, is ownership by origination.

Location hidden

#48455 Sep 26, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Since philosophy is not a science, on what basis did you doubt my comments?
<quoted text>
None of those.
And yet, philosophy( phd) are awarded in all fields of learning.

Location hidden

#48456 Sep 26, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your premise, that any source which mentions an actual place is the infallible truth?
If so, do you also agree that South Park, Colorado is an actual place?
Then here is a syllogism based on your premise:
Any source which mentions an actual place is the infallible truth.
The cartoon series South Park mentions an actual place.
Therefore, the cartoon series South Park is the infallible truth.
One of the strong weapon and evidence of the bible, is that, the bible and the faith, is still alive, despite the criticisms.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#48457 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My position's ever, is ownership by origination.
So the gibberish you often use is owned by...the Gibbers?

Don't forget to pay the Gibbers a royalty when you speak your gibberish.

Location hidden

#48458 Sep 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you , this is what all the evidence points to.
But then we have your "belief" , but belief does not make it so.
The evidence always points to a physical reality , despite any belief
it is the evidence that matters the most.
The evolution theory that states that, humans evolved from apes, are just a belief system.

Location hidden

#48459 Sep 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about an academic definition. That proves that they were high.
After PhD, what next?

Location hidden

#48460 Sep 26, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate us? I thought Christians were loving people!
But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. Luke 6:27-32
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. I John 3:15
If anyone says, I love God, but hates the brothers or sisters, he is a liar...Whoever loves God must also love the brothers and sisters. I John 3:20, 21
Do not return evil for evil. Avenge not yourselves, but rather give way to wrath; for it is written, vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord. Therefore if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsts, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:17-21
If you really want to heap coals of fire on our heads, then, love us!
Thanks and God bless you.
My apologies...

Location hidden

#48461 Sep 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Plan? We don't need no stinkin plan!
Are you sure?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#48462 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Yeah we saw the PBS special of the Queen saying there was a recall on foreigners speaking English.
They all have to quit , or she will use French on you , and as a last resort she will use "bad English" to the thieves who stole
the language from her royal hiney.

Location hidden

#48463 Sep 26, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You win, Charlie.
From now on, I will spell "color" and "flavor" as "colour" and "flavour."
From now on, I will call a sidewalk a "pavement."
From now on, I will call a television a "telly."
From now on, I will call a cigarette a "fag."
Now will you drop the whole thing so we can get back to talking about Evolution?
Heh Thom, the American English, despite the little difference, evolved from British English.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48464 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The evolution theory that states that, humans evolved from apes, are just a belief system.

No, it is a documented historical fact proven by the fossil record, the genomic record, archeology, paleontology, physics (fossil dating methods),.....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48465 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> After PhD, what next?

Post doctoral research.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48466 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Heh Thom, the American English, despite the little difference, evolved from British English.

Heh Charles, the human species, despite the little difference, evolved from prehuman species.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48467 Sep 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
(thinking quietly to himself: INTERCOURSE the English!!)
Our hero has just entered the room where he suddenly casts his eyes on a hideous thing! It's an evil brain eating monster created by his arch-nemesis, the Fuller Brush Shaman!!
No time to think, he says to himself! Must act now to stop it from sucking all ideas out of the building. "Must throw my hyperbole-o-rang at the ceiling, causing the chandelier to come down on his evangelical carapace! Must swoop in and use my secret judo moves to disable the disemboweling whips from the beast's judgement wielding tail."
It was all in vain! The villainous hell-spawn scurried away into the shadows, and blocked our hero's advances with his spell of the Useless Bible lore. He was foiled, sent back to the front desk where the librarian testily asked him for the author's full name and date of publication.
He left the building and went back to his original quest to find the Amulet of Disambiguation, vowing to return and purge the archives of that foul hell-spawn.

This is great.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48468 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:

And you are wrong. Origination does not imply "ownership". You misuse the word.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48469 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet, philosophy( phd) are awarded in all fields of learning.

I am a Ph.D. in medicine.

Location hidden

#48470 Sep 26, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Drew only accepts "Hard science" because there are too many variables in the "soft sciences" to be easily understood by people with creative thinking skills.
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
<quoted text>
I do indeed. I even know that it should be written as "PhD".
<quoted text>
This will no doubt come as a surprise to those who have an M.D., an Ed.D., or any other doctoral-level degree.
So, after PhD, what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Patriot 243,450
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,713
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Sir Ghost-Rider 395,312
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Shawnbc 10,159
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 225,505
News FBI releases notes from Clinton email investiga... 8 min Battle Tested 52
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 17 min Patriot 11,250
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 32 min VN Vet 537
More from around the web