Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195615 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#47330 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Other DarwinBots on this forum have attempted the classic BS such as you are employing. You're the one who doesn't know how evolution works. You IMAGINE that it works...nothing more.
Riiiiiiight. That's why your "creation science" is the respected scientific "theory" around the world and has led to countless benefits to humanity.

Oh, wait.

That's not true, is it?

Your "creation science" gets LAUGHED at by pretty much everyone outside of your bronze age FAIRY TALE cult and it has been an ABYSMAL FAILURE at producing anything of scientific or technological value in the 2000+ years it's been around.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#47331 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Other DarwinBots on this forum have attempted the classic BS such as you are employing. You're the one who doesn't know how evolution works. You IMAGINE that it works...nothing more.

This again is nothing more than the result of your religious beliefs swamping your logic circuits.

How come only militant fundy christians and islamics believe this nonsense and the rest of the world has no problem with evolution?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47332 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>YOu simply proclaimed an outlandish improbability. Show me your math and demonstrate that it doesn't rely on religious assumptions.

You mean like fundies calculating the "odds" against evolution?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47333 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You have to first have a random mutation appear for natural selection to work. Therefore, parallel evolution is impossible by all probability calculations. I know that DarwinBots don't believe that probability applies to their religion.

YOu simply proclaimed an outlandish improbability. Show me your math and demonstrate that it doesn't rely on religious assumptions.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47334 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You are of the erroneous mindset that if one can find a material basis for life that no intelligence was required to organize it.

You see capable of hitting the reply button and typing words, but you seem incapable of coming up with rational arguments against the information posted. You just lash out with irrational emotionalism with nothing to support your anti-science contentions.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47335 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I have read extensively the genetic arguments for evolution. The entire house of cards is founded on an arbitrary rejection of Deity. Once God has been dismissed, biologists search for naturalistic answers. That is not sciencej... that is religion masquerading as science.

You live it a strange universe, sir. In our universe science is based on facts (data). Many biologists are card carrying theists who do not reject god any more than they reject evolution. Yours is simply a religious bias that you cannot support (except to yourself). Occam's razor determines which ideas are addressed first, but ideas which are lacking or do not fit the facts are rejected. Evolution, however, becomes more supported by the day. We are well past the mere fact of evolution and now work on how evolution helps us understand our world and ourselves.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#47336 Sep 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the only way to everlasting life in the kingdom of Heaven, and his truth is marching on.
Prove it.

You don't even have any research or empirical evidence that he even existed, let alone that he is the "only way to everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven".

Heck, you don't even know if he was married or not:

http://www.examiner.com/article/did-jesus-hav...

Can you imagine it; Jesus having sex with Mary Magdalene?

I always wondered why Mary Magdalene was so prominent at the crucifixion, even being the first to see Jesus after his resurrection, even before his mother saw him. This may explain why.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47337 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I brought up Einstein was to counter the ridiculous flying spaghetti monster analogy. The suggestion that no rational person can find objective evidence of God is a lie perpetrated by atheists. The flying spaghetti monster parody is an insult to thousands of respected scientists who believe in God. It only underscores that atheistic evolution is a veritable religion, and those who actively promote it are religious zealots. Just listen to the likes of Richard Dawkins with his incessant ranting about the "evils" of religion. He is not a scientist... he is a religous fanatic.

If you had made this point earlier I would have not ridiculed your posts on this subject to the extent I have. Yes, Dawkins it a rabid atheist. But neither his opinions nor Einsteins reflect on the reality of evolution.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#47338 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> And you apparently have an emotional and theological need to look at nature and see no evidence of God. You look at processes that no one understands and conclude that no intelligence produced them. How is that science? That is religion. Can you tell me how a microbe can evolve into a man? Can you demonstrate a single step of the process through experimentation or even on paper? No. You have FAITH in your materialistic worldview.

This is evidence of your religious mindset and not of anyone else. You believe there is some vast anti-god conspiracy in science when there are none. There are people in science who are atheists, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, agnostics and proponents of nearly any other religion you can name.

If god were pulling the strings on every little thing that happens we would not even be capable of constructing a materialistic world view. Nothing would work. We would nave no science and could not control our world to the extent we do. Science seeks to explain how things work, why they work AND to make predictions that turn out to be true when investigated. Religion (including creationism and ID) cannot do any of this. Religion is not science and science is not religion. I believe there is a place for religion, but that place is not arguing against science for the sake of the egos of the religious.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#47339 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I brought up Einstein was to counter the ridiculous flying spaghetti monster analogy. The suggestion that no rational person can find objective evidence of God is a lie perpetrated by atheists.
There is NO objective evidence for the existence of "god".

EVERY assertion that "god" or "gods" exist is based on emotional, psychological, philosophical or theological arguments fulfilling the desire for there to be a "god" or "gods".

Rational people may believe in "god" or "gods", but they don't have any objective evidence that there is a "god" or "gods".

You may subjectively think "I feel the spirit of god move within me". I'm objectively betting that it's just gas.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47340 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Not all sequences have been proven functional, but the majority of them are functional, contrary to the decades-old view that 98% of the human genome was "junk".
Well, it's just my opinion but I'd probably suspect that there's a lot of functionality that scientists are yet to identify. Making the claim that 98% is junk would be premature.

How does this invalidate Evolution?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47341 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You have to first have a random mutation appear for natural selection to work. Therefore, parallel evolution is impossible by all probability calculations. I know that DarwinBots don't believe that probability applies to their religion.
Therefore what? What is your definition of parallel evolution?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47342 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You are of the erroneous mindset that if one can find a material basis for life that no intelligence was required to organize it.
Expecting people to prove a negative, AGAIN!!

We don't have to prove that no intelligence exists. OK?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47343 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I brought up Einstein was to counter the ridiculous flying spaghetti monster analogy. The suggestion that no rational person can find objective evidence of God is a lie perpetrated by atheists. The flying spaghetti monster parody is an insult to thousands of respected scientists who believe in God. It only underscores that atheistic evolution is a veritable religion, and those who actively promote it are religious zealots. Just listen to the likes of Richard Dawkins with his incessant ranting about the "evils" of religion. He is not a scientist... he is a religous fanatic.
Forget about Richard Dawkins and show us evidence.

Show me the evidence!!

Show me the evidence!!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47344 Sep 21, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
You don't even have any research or empirical evidence that he even existed, let alone that he is the "only way to everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven".
Heck, you don't even know if he was married or not:
http://www.examiner.com/article/did-jesus-hav...
Can you imagine it; Jesus having sex with Mary Magdalene?
I always wondered why Mary Magdalene was so prominent at the crucifixion, even being the first to see Jesus after his resurrection, even before his mother saw him. This may explain why.
She was touched by the Holy Boner!

Gnostic scriptures lend themselves to so much good humor. It's no wonder the Ecumenical Councils expunged them from the canon.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#47345 Sep 21, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO objective evidence for the existence of "god".
EVERY assertion that "god" or "gods" exist is based on emotional, psychological, philosophical or theological arguments fulfilling the desire for there to be a "god" or "gods".
Rational people may believe in "god" or "gods", but they don't have any objective evidence that there is a "god" or "gods".
You may subjectively think "I feel the spirit of god move within me". I'm objectively betting that it's just gas.
You're a liar. You haven't examined all of the evidence. You believe that no evidence exists.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#47346 Sep 21, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is evidence of your religious mindset and not of anyone else. You believe there is some vast anti-god conspiracy in science when there are none. There are people in science who are atheists, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, agnostics and proponents of nearly any other religion you can name.
If god were pulling the strings on every little thing that happens we would not even be capable of constructing a materialistic world view. Nothing would work. We would nave no science and could not control our world to the extent we do. Science seeks to explain how things work, why they work AND to make predictions that turn out to be true when investigated. Religion (including creationism and ID) cannot do any of this. Religion is not science and science is not religion. I believe there is a place for religion, but that place is not arguing against science for the sake of the egos of the religious.
You're only spewing your religious beliefs. Your logic is. It scientific.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#47347 Sep 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Expecting people to prove a negative, AGAIN!!
We don't have to prove that no intelligence exists. OK?
A founding doctrine of Darwinism is that the whole of nature can be explained WITHOUT intelligent design. I'm merely suggesting that such a contention be proven.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#47348 Sep 21, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, pure unadulterated science.
Evolution is a fact of science. There is no question about it. You can argue your religious beliefs to make yourself feel better, but the facts have already been determined. Science has rendered its verdict. From there predictions continue to be made and confirmed and evolutionary medicine has begun to transform the field.
Dogen, do you enjoy wallowing in ignorance? Evolution is nothing more than an elaborate fairytale. It is useless as a scientific theory. None of it is proven or provable. You think that scientific truth is established by "rendering a verdict"? In 1400, the scientific "verdict" was that the earth was the center of the universe.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47349 Sep 21, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>A founding doctrine of Darwinism is that the whole of nature can be explained WITHOUT intelligent design. I'm merely suggesting that such a contention be proven.
Explanation or proof. Big difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 2 min Mite Be 52
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 min spud 5,460
News Don't Get Discouraged - All the Hate Means We'r... 3 min Three Days 14
News As Trump wins, Clinton exploring how to win Rep... 4 min Chilli J 28
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Coffee Party 213,260
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 6 min Mite Be 622
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 7 min spud 340
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RealDave 1,375,361
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 19 min Three Days 2,824
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Denny CranesPlace 223,030
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min _White American_ 381,677
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 32 min Mite Be 527
More from around the web