Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 200966 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#38373 Aug 15, 2012
I wasn't talking about petroleum. I was talking about metals and *silicate* minerals. Silicates don't contain carbon (as living things do).
Charles Idemi wrote:
All these mentioned by you, do not really evolved on their own, but were created.
I didn't say that they "evolved". They are the result of natural processes.

On what basis do you conclude that they are the result of a "creator"?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#38374 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
think you've confused oil with technology. You do realize that technology throughout history has been based on such things as metals and minerals mined from the ground, which are not from living things.
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about oil. I was talking about *silicate minerals*. Oil is not a silicate mineral.
Do not under - estimate the importance of oil to this generation, it is the first and the last...
Again, whether living or non living, nothing can spring up, without a purpose or cause(maker)...

Tampa, FL

#38375 Aug 15, 2012
Explain how the metals and silicate minerals found in the Earth came from living matter.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You have no evidence either
Yes, we do, since metals are found in other stars, and silicate minerals are found on the Moon and other planets.

Are you claiming that there was life on the Moon and other planets?
Charles Idemi wrote:
God exist and no one can deny that.
Given that there is no evidence for a god, then it is rational to deny that one exists.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Any one that does that will definitely prove, why the ultimate science can not stop death, which you cleverly dodged
I didn't dodge it. I pointed out that you didn't explain why current science's inability to stop death would lead one to conclude that there was a creator. You still haven't answered that question. Do you plan to?

Tampa, FL

#38376 Aug 15, 2012
Saying "i will call that, ignorance on your part" is an insult. Can you engage in debate without doing that?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>A lizard that fell from 4-storey building, if not praised will nod his/ her head to praise his/ her self...
Go on, but you really don't have any clue...
I'll take that answer for a "no".
Elohim

Branford, CT

#38377 Aug 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Really are A Dork......The Dead sea Scrolls Were Read And Interpreted....Almost Exactly Word For Word With The 1612 King James Bible......Mordern That Drewsickle
LMAO! Straight from a Chick Tract! http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_36...

Tampa, FL

#38378 Aug 15, 2012
Old English was no longer in use after the mid *12th* century.
Middle English was no longer in use after the late *15th* century.
The Authorized King James Version of the Bible was created in the early *17th* century.
Therefore, the KJV is in *Modern* English. It is not written in either Old English or Middle English.
wolverine wrote:
The Dead sea Scrolls Were Read And Interpreted....Almost Exactly Word For Word With The 1612 King James Bible
Prove it.

Tampa, FL

#38379 Aug 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
"Death" , this is the power of God over man(human)
No, death is an observable *natural* process that occurs to living things. How is "death" evidence for a supernatural god?

Tampa, FL

#38380 Aug 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
You have not produced any concrete evidence either to support your claim
Which claim is that? I'm not the one here claiming that a god exists.

Tampa, FL

#38381 Aug 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Thats 4,000 Years Of Text That Says The Same Thing
Really? What is your evidence that the KJV says the same thing as the Dead Sea Scrolls?

Location hidden

#38382 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
So how do you explain Chromosome 2?
<quoted text>
Chromosome 2 is not "scientific jargon". It is a basic part of human DNA.
<quoted text>
Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. The XX (that women have) and the XY (that men have) represent only 1 pair. I'm talking about Chromosome 2, which is part of the other 22 pair.
So how do you explain Chromosome 2?
<quoted text>
Humans *are* apes. We are just one particular type of ape.
From what you are saying, it is not forbidden to marry an ape, i mean, in the evolution kingdom.LOL..
I am a practical person, an ape is an ape, like wise humans.Period...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#38383 Aug 15, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>Have you read the Bible? Where do you get that he wanted man to disobey him, which is what caused the failure?
Your god is supposedly omniscient and would know in advance that his little plan would misfire.

Tampa, FL

#38384 Aug 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Again, whether living or non living, nothing can spring up, without a purpose or cause(maker)
Why not?

Tampa, FL

#38385 Aug 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
From what you are saying, it is not forbidden to marry an ape, i mean, in the evolution kingdom.
What is or is not forbidden is determined by human law and custom. That doesn't change the fact that all humans are apes.

But I can see that you're merely trying to avoid the question: How do you explain Chromosome 2?

Location hidden

#38386 Aug 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In quantum physics we see particle come into and out of existence seemingly at random. So particle can come into existence without being formed or created.
However, you are anthropomorphizing the universe, things are not "formed" they change form. A painter doesn't create a painting, a painter arranges existing matter. Physicists are working on creating matter, and very small amounts have been created. The fact that we can do this with our low level of technology, relative to that which has been dreamed of course, means the likelihood of us finding a natural mechanism for matter to be created on it's own is very high.
The thing is, we don't know, and we love not knowing when you think with a scientific mind. Curiosity has been almost destroyed by religious ignorance, the ignorance of stating you know then giving a non-answer like "god dun it" has almost ruined out curiosity. Curiosity is a very common trait among mammals, and one that has to be fully embraced in order to get anywhere. Scientists embrace this, religious people fear it. We may one day find a god, but it won't be your god or any of the others dreamed up by humans so far, at the very least it will be a deistic god as there is no evidence of it playing an active role in the universe after the chemical reaction that is the universe started.
Good!!!
But that does not justifies your positions, that God does not exist...

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#38387 Aug 15, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Really are A Dork......The Dead sea Scrolls Were Read And Interpreted....Almost Exactly Word For Word With The 1612 King James Bible......Mordern That Drewsickle
Yes, there are quite a few similarities, there are also some differences. For example Goliath has "grown" as time goes on. The oldest versions have him at about 6'9" and now he has added three feet to his height and he supposedly was 9'9". Even if there were not many changes all that means is that the errors we see today are in the original script too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath
RU CRS
#38388 Aug 15, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is supposedly omniscient and would know in advance that his little plan would misfire.
How do you know that? I do not see that anywhere in scripture.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#38389 Aug 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Good!!!
But that does not justifies your positions, that God does not exist...
No justification needed. Until something can be demonstrated to exist beyond a reasonable doubt, it does not exist. Just asserting it exists does not count as evidence.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#38390 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
Drew my man ,I have a question for you,it's not a hard one so relax,...Jesus Christ rising from the dead,..is that a miracle?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#38391 Aug 15, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew my man ,I have a question for you,it's not a hard one so relax,...Jesus Christ rising from the dead,..is that a miracle?
No, it is a myth.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#38392 Aug 15, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
If God were really a god, then raising people from the dead would be easy.

If jesus were a god, he could not die, so raising a live deity would not be a miracle.

If the tomb was empty, why did they find a ossuary for jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 1 min serfs up 71
News The problem with blaming Black Lives Matter 1 min TRUMP FAN 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 219,170
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 min serfs up 56
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,402,875
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 3 min Nopal 35
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Skylar 232,683
News Christie on Trumpa s plan to fire feds faster a... 13 min serfs up 37
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 42 min Agents of Corruption 390,964
More from around the web